+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All About Shamanism - Documentaries and More!!!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member AlkaMyst's Avatar
    Thanks

Post All About Shamanism - Documentaries and More!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I have created this thread for those who are interested in the ways of the Shamans and will be posting Documentaries and Books all related to the shamanic subject.

I would like to encourage people who have been through rituals and other shamanic experiences to share with those of us who are looking into following on that same path, so we can better prepare ourselves for that magnificent journey!!!

Thank you in advance and all your comments are very well appreciated!!!

Now, without further ado....here are the first nine Documentaries, all related to shamanism. ENJOY!!!

Shamans Of The Amazon...................................................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Sha...zon/index.html

Other Worlds...................................................................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Oth...lds/index.html

Jungle Trip......................................................................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Jungle_Trip/index.html

True Hallucinations...........................................................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Tru...ons/index.html

Fire On The Mountain.......................................................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Fir...ain/index.html

DMT - The Spirit Molecule Documentary Unofficial..................http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/DMT..._UN/index.html

DMT - The Spirit Molecule Documentary (2010) Official...........http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/DMT...010/index.html

PS
    I found the quote below to be quite moving and I thought I share it here with you guys!

Quote Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Watch your words, for they become actions.

Watch your actions, for they become habits.

Watch your habits, for they become character.

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
    Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Last edited by AlkaMyst; 13th October 2011 at 18:37.
    Food for Thought.......

"If I were you?, Who would I be?
    If I were you?, Will I still be me?
    Who's are they, this eyes through which I see?
    Looking, Looking Back at Me"

Taken from the Documentary -"Who's Driving The Dreambus"

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

ace (26th January 2011), Apex (21st January 2011), astrid (22nd January 2011), BrianEn (24th February 2011), damian (22nd January 2011), Eva2 (19th February 2011), firstlook (19th February 2011), Gajanana (22nd January 2011), Gone001 (22nd January 2011), mab777 (15th December 2011), meeradas (22nd January 2011), onawah (22nd January 2011), pilotsimone (22nd January 2011), sandy (18th February 2011), sheddie (22nd January 2011), sunflower (21st January 2011), Tea (22nd January 2011), Teakai (22nd January 2011), TimeRazor (25th February 2011), truthseekerdan (22nd January 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Default Re: All About Shamanism - Documentaries and More!!!

Graham Hancock's "Supernatural" is a good read to go along with your videos. We watched Dmt the Spirit Molecule this evening. The format reminded me somewhat of "What the Bleep" because of the large number of 'talking heads'. Despite that, we enjoyed it and found it quite informative. Thanks, Alkamyst!

I am not familiar with shamanic ceremonies or rituals but look forward to learning more about them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

AlkaMyst (23rd January 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Thanks , quite a list u have there !!

Don't forget also, u can reach these states of consciousness without drugs also.
    Drumming has been used for eons, and is one way of doing it. the Shamanic Journeying process is a very old "technology" that gives one a window into the other dimensions.
    I have loads of resources /info on this pathway, if anyone is interested...

in gratitude,

Astrid
    Last edited by astrid; 22nd January 2011 at 06:42.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

AlkaMyst (23rd January 2011), meeradas (22nd January 2011), sheddie (22nd January 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Yes, Astrid, please list some.

I did shamanic journey-ing by meeting the animals that live at my chakras.
    those animals took me to a wonderful world.
    But that was in the 90's in Boston, and since I moved to the west coast, I have not done this again.

(I am not complaining.
    I have had wonderful and extraordinary experiences.
    And,)
    I think it is a good idea for us to look at all the ways to be a shaman.

I like to study entheogens and their effects from first hand reports, but I have never been willing to put my own brain at risk.
    Perhaps others are like me and want some different options, too.

Thank you,

jeanna

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeannacav For This Post:

AlkaMyst (23rd January 2011), astrid (22nd January 2011), meeradas (22nd January 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks

I love that you started this thread Alk. I've been interested in the Shaman since I got into Morrison. They used to call him an electric shaman. He would go on stage on LSD and the band would feed him different vibrations. He would dance and spin and let loose. Of course when the Indians did it it was with things like drum beats and such and they would beat on the drums and such till the Shaman went 'mad'. If your able to get some mushrooms (if your an experienced user or if your doing it with an an experienced user), ingest and wait till you peak (about 2hrs after) and just listen to some beats and try to move and dance with the vibrations. They used to do it to cleanse the spirit and the application still works today. Of course some will be able to do it without mushrooms or hallucinogenics but it's a lot easier with. Mushrooms are very safe the only danger is psychological. It doesn't actually cause psychological damage but if the user is scared, nervous or doing it with the wrong people then it can lead to panic and bad trips which could lead the user to do something stupid or dangerous. I recommend if your going to do it, do some research on magic mushrooms (clinical trials in the 50's, studies there doing now) to give you a peace of mind, if you go into it knowing the actual facts (eg. psilocybin is actually less toxic then an aspirin) you'll feel better about it and will most likely not have a bad trip. Also make sure your happy and if your doing it with friends that your doing it with the right friends. If you do all that there is virtually no danger and you can end up having one of the most spiritual experiences of your life.

Cheers,

Aldous

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone001 For This Post:

AlkaMyst (23rd January 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Quote Posted by jeannacav (here)
    Yes, Astrid, please list some.
    Here are some names that i work with currently in my studies...
    Hank Wesslman and his wife Jill Kykendall, along with Sandra Ingerman all studied under Michael Harner.
    Michael Harner has been a big force in bringing Shamanism to the west. He supports indiginous Shaman through his foundation and helps to keep their linage going.

sites to look at for the above people.....
    http://www.sharedwisdom.com/ (Jill and Hank)
    http://www.sandraingerman.com/
    http://www.shamanism.org/ ( the foundation that Michael started)

I have alot of downloads, audio books, videos and mps that give clear instructions on the journeying process.
    I will ask ALK if u can add them to the files for others to access.

Im personally VERY interested in the Shamanic concept of "soul loss", this is when parts of us leave as a result of trauma, sometimes those parts return naturally, often they don't and need to be helped to rejoin us.
    This can leave us unable to reach our potential and stuck in patterns of depression and generally a lack of personal power.
    The practice of "soul retrieval" is what i'm studying right, it's a healing modality that can really empower and help shift people from helplessness back to their full power.
    I'm finding it very exciting stuff, and something that is missing with modern medicine.

Blessings,

Astrid
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

AlkaMyst (23rd January 2011), jeannacav (22nd January 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

You can also do a lot of soul retrieval on your own without any previous healing knowledge or know how. I think soul retrieval is one of the most important healing processes we can do for ourselves and is really the basis of that cliche "Trying to find myself."

I give my clients a daily practice. The first time you do this it's quite powerful and you feel very energized because you are recovering full packets of your energy. You simply relax, and sort of meditate on calling all your pieces back. Our energy is magnetized to us. You call it back and it zips right back in. You will have little odd memories or perhaps flashes of emotion as your held energy is released and you can realize how and why it was left where it was. Sometimes such trauma has been endured that piece is afraid to come back. We heal the trauma but forget to recollect ourselves. You may have to do this several times, and you will find circumstances and people in your life you have left a piece with.

I do this on a daily basis as we leave pieces of ourselves all over the place in our daily lives even if there is no trauma involved. Your typical stressful, trying day will cause you to fragment a little. Once in the morning when I wake up (cause I sometimes have no idea what I'm doing when I'm asleep) and then again before I go to bed. I just call it back in.

On your own you can also examine the little subconscious and emotional contracts we make with ourselves and others, and clear those out. People who have had intense emotional healing of wounds may have the core beleif abatement but we often times forget go back and clear out the little agreements we made when we were wounded.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Smile Re: All About Shamanism - Documentaries and More!!!

Hello Everyone,

Hey guys, I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply back but I have been really busy in my personal live as well as working really hard on the FTP and uploading ton's more of material (I have more than 1TB of info to still upload and that may take at least a year ).

sunflower
    Quote Graham Hancock's "Supernatural" is a good read to go along with your videos. We watched Dmt the Spirit Molecule this evening. The format reminded me somewhat of "What the Bleep" because of the large number of 'talking heads'. Despite that, we enjoyed it and found it quite informative. Thanks, Alkamyst!

I am not familiar with shamanic ceremonies or rituals but look forward to learning more about them.
    Great sunflower, thanks for the book recommendation....I love Graham Hancock and look forward to reading this book.

Well, you came to the right place.....I haven't been through the experience yet due to the lack of money but I'm very much ready for it, I can feel it calling me!!!....I have lots of documentaries on the subject and I'm in the process of uploading about 6-7 new one's so look for them this week....I'll post when they are up!

astrid
    Quote Thanks , quite a list u have there !!

Don't forget also, u can reach these states of consciousness without drugs also.
    Drumming has been used for eons, and is one way of doing it. the Shamanic Journeying process is a very old "technology" that gives one a window into the other dimensions.
    I have loads of resources /info on this pathway, if anyone is interested...

in gratitude,

Astrid
    Hi astrid, my dear friend you and I have had this conversation in the past and I agree with you that one does not need to use mind altering substances to reach the same goal, it's just the time that it takes people to experience that and some people are not ready for such strict regimen that needs to be followed in one's daily life, but taking "Ayahuasca" will allow you to experience what make take years to achieve other wise and many never even get to experience such a bliss. I am no one to judge what they sould or should not do, I'm just providing an alternative .....remember that shamanism is the oldest for of spirituality and it's still practiced to this day and besides I am yet to hear of anyone saying that they;re lives where not change for the better in one form or another after taking this sacred plant.....I have lot more documentaries on the subject coming and I hope that they help some to understand the powerful meaning of this magnificent plant!!!

But it's not all about ayahuasca, it also a life style.....diet, soul searching, etc. many other thing that also go along with this journey!!!

Aldous
    Quote I love that you started this thread Alk. I've been interested in the Shaman since I got into Morrison. They used to call him an electric shaman. He would go on stage on LSD and the band would feed him different vibrations. He would dance and spin and let loose. Of course when the Indians did it it was with things like drum beats and such and they would beat on the drums and such till the Shaman went 'mad'. If your able to get some mushrooms (if your an experienced user or if your doing it with an an experienced user), ingest and wait till you peak (about 2hrs after) and just listen to some beats and try to move and dance with the vibrations. They used to do it to cleanse the spirit and the application still works today. Of course some will be able to do it without mushrooms or hallucinogenics but it's a lot easier with. Mushrooms are very safe the only danger is psychological. It doesn't actually cause psychological damage but if the user is scared, nervous or doing it with the wrong people then it can lead to panic and bad trips which could lead the user to do something stupid or dangerous. I recommend if your going to do it, do some research on magic mushrooms (clinical trials in the 50's, studies there doing now) to give you a peace of mind, if you go into it knowing the actual facts (eg. psilocybin is actually less toxic then an aspirin) you'll feel better about it and will most likely not have a bad trip. Also make sure your happy and if your doing it with friends that your doing it with the right friends. If you do all that there is virtually no danger and you can end up having one of the most spiritual experiences of your life.

Cheers,

Aldous
    Hi Aldous, I'm glad you like this thread and I feel excited that you are interested on this subject as many are.....I must say that I started this thread thanks to "ASTRID" as we had a discussion a while back and decided that it would be nice to have a shamanic thread that discusses the different aspects on the subject including with and without the use on Hallucinogens!!!

I am not familiar with "Morrison", but if you can forward me some info on him, I'll be more than glad to research his work

astrid
    Quote I have alot of downloads, audio books, videos and mps that give clear instructions on the journeying process.
    I will ask ALK if u can add them to the files for others to access.
    Actually astrid, all the material that you shared with me has already been uploaded to the FTP.....you can find them in the ***New Videos*** and ***New Audio*** folders, great stuff by the way

If anyone is interested in getting FTP Access (now over 250GB of information available!), the please refer to this post here to learn more (ONLY for Avalon Members!).

9eagle9
    Quote You can also do a lot of soul retrieval on your own without any previous healing knowledge or know how. I think soul retrieval is one of the most important healing processes we can do for ourselves and is really the basis of that cliche "Trying to find myself."

I give my clients a daily practice. The first time you do this it's quite powerful and you feel very energized because you are recovering full packets of your energy. You simply relax, and sort of meditate on calling all your pieces back. Our energy is magnetized to us. You call it back and it zips right back in. You will have little odd memories or perhaps flashes of emotion as your held energy is released and you can realize how and why it was left where it was. Sometimes such trauma has been endured that piece is afraid to come back. We heal the trauma but forget to recollect ourselves. You may have to do this several times, and you will find circumstances and people in your life you have left a piece with.

I do this on a daily basis as we leave pieces of ourselves all over the place in our daily lives even if there is no trauma involved. Your typical stressful, trying day will cause you to fragment a little. Once in the morning when I wake up (cause I sometimes have no idea what I'm doing when I'm asleep) and then again before I go to bed. I just call it back in.

On your own you can also examine the little subconscious and emotional contracts we make with ourselves and others, and clear those out. People who have had intense emotional healing of wounds may have the core beleif abatement but we often times forget go back and clear out the little agreements we made when we were wounded.
    Great point 9eagle9 and well taken may I add, I am not very familiar with this technique but if you be so kind to share you're knowledge and some material that we can all look at it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to learning more about "Soul Retrieval".

Thanks!!!

PS
    I would like to thank everyone for all their comments and input.....I just want you guys to know that I value and appreciate it very much......THANK YOU!!!

Love, Peace and Blessings to All,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Hello Everyone,

OK guys, new documentaries are ready for you to watch, and uploaded to the FTP in case anyone wants to download them, you will find them under the ***New Videos*** folder.....see links below to watch!!!

Serpent And The Sun - Tales Of An Aztec Apprentice
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Ser...Sun/index.html <------Highly Recommended!!!

Tony Parsons Dialogues Amsterdam Holland - January 2005
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Ton...005/index.html <------Highly Recommended!!!

Vine Of The Soul
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Vin...oul/index.html <------Highly Recommended!!!

Manifesting The Mind
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Man...ind/index.html

This Sacred Earth - The 2012 Phenomenon
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Thi...non/index.html

Terence McKenna - Shamanic Approaches To The UFO Phenomena
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Sha...ena/index.html

The Pharmacratic Inquisition
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/The...ion/index.html <------Highly Recommended!!!

Npiee Tibet
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Npiee_Tibet/index.html <------This is about the "Hollow Earth"

The Shamans Apprentice
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/The...ice/index.html

Spiritworld
    http://theavalonfiles.com/stream/Spi...ld/part_1.html <------About Shamanism with David Icke (Excellent!)

ENJOY!!!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Last edited by AlkaMyst; 7th April 2011 at 13:44.
    Food for Thought.......

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

firstlook (19th February 2011), meeradas (19th February 2011), pilotsimone (18th June 2011), truthseekerdan (19th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Watch your thoughts, for they become words.

Watch your words, for they become actions.

Watch your actions, for they become habits.

Watch your habits, for they become character.

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
    Guess what AlkaMyst -- I have this great quote as my desktop wallpaper. Go figure...

Love ~ Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Guess what AlkaMyst -- I have this great quote as my desktop wallpaper. Go figure...

Love ~ Dan ♥
    Isn't it just so profound and truthful....I loved it from the moment I heard it.

I also have it as a wallpaper....what are the chances!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Thanks for starting this thread AlkaMyst.

I trained with Howard and Elsa Malpas in Glastonbury three years ago, it was the best thing I have ever done.........for myself. My friends and family are pretty pleased too, I am much easier to live with

I have never felt alone since and would advise anyone to learn to journey, it's truely life changing. It is the start of an amazing exploration of self. I have healed so many parts of me and still have loads to do.....but hey that's what's so great about being human isn't it

Here are some of my favorite books:

Shamanism as a Spiritual Practice for a Daily Life – Tom Cowan

The Book of Shamanic Healing – Kristin Madden

Shaman Healer Sage, How to heal yourself and others - Alberto Villoldo Ph.D

Your Shamanic Path – Leo Rutherford

Urban Shaman – Serge King

Any books by these authors are worth a look....and I echo Astrid’s recommendations too……I've read them all and learned something new each time

I love this journey and I love journeying………….

Fantastic subject

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheddie For This Post:

AlkaMyst (24th February 2011), truthseekerdan (24th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Thank you sheddie, I truly appreciate your words of kindness......also, thanks for the book recommendations as I'll be looking into those!

Blessings,
    AlkaMyst
    Food for Thought.......

22. The Following User Says Thank You to AlkaMyst For This Post:

Lord Sidious (1st March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread