+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast

Thread: Levitating girl filmed in Russian woods

1. Link to Post #101
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Levitating girl filmed in Russian woods

Like other people have said, what could appear to be a rope is a twig or more likely a grass stalk. What some people have said is a person running side to side is again some more grass. This grass though, is closer to the camera lense than the one that appears to be the rope, and this is why it appears to move faster than the other one.
    I am not sure if this is staged or not, perhaps we will never know, but what everyone has to say on here is certainly a way of trying to find the truth.

2. Link to Post #102
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

ok seems like people in this thread are interested in seeing phenomena here is one i know is true but feel free to debate it as you see fit, wait until the end of the video that's when he burns a hole in the paper using his chi.

starts around 4:45
    Last edited by bearcow; 25th January 2011 at 23:26. Reason: more info

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Abhaya (31st January 2011), Jeffrey (17th November 2011)

4. Link to Post #103
    Thanks

Quote then, suddenly, you can see things that weren't there before. like the wild head-movement of the kid. and if you look closely, it turns out, that your "cable" has branches
    you simply cannot pick out some frames from a video, draw some circles and stamp it as debunked. thats lazy.
    this is not meant personal, but i get frustrated with such "quick-debunkings". you need context or you have nothing.
    HAHA! Talk about lazy all you did was stabilize it and then you can see things? Just because you can click a button in a program (AE) doesn't mean you put any effort in looking at things closely.
    You didn't zoom in color correct it. Besides what makes you think i didn't stabilize the footage and pixel correct it. I posted pictures to minimize bandwidth on this slow site, not to be be lazy.
    Check yourself before calling anyone lazy for posting anything here friend.
    You can believe whatever you like but if you knew anything about video you would talk about anyone. As far as Debunking goes you haven't made any case for either.
    No one said levitation is not possible, just not in this case.
    And the guy speaking to his dog in English should have been clue number one that something is fishy.
    I know everytime i walk my dog i speak to him in Russian.
    LOL!

5. Link to Post #104
    Germany Avalon Member DeRezzed69's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Robstar (here)
    Besides what makes you think i didn't stabilize the footage and pixel correct it. I posted pictures to minimize bandwidth on this slow site, not to be be lazy.
    because a) you would know that it's not done by a press of a button. b) you didn't notice your own mistakes. c) you could have posted a link to your video.

btw.: posting videos does not increase bandwidth on this server. video streaming bandwidth is provided by the video-hoster, youtube in this case.

As far as Debunking goes you haven't made any case for either.
    and i didn't want to. i posted it, so that others could make up their minds before jumping to conclusions. like you did.

...DRez

6. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,397 times in 32,916 posts

Ok folks this is the kind of stuff i love because it is so easy.

THE VIDEO IS 100% FAKE!!!!!

I studied the video and found ropes and and harness around the childs hips.
    No harness, folks. This was not done with ropes or cables.

Not wanting to stifle intelligent debate here! But as my qualifications to offer an informed opinion on someone dangling in mid-air , I've been a rock climber for 30 years. I've climbed in the UK, the Alps, the Himalayas, Kenya, California and the Canadian Rockies. I've led expeditions. I've been involved in mountain rescue. I have the UK Mountaineering Instructor's Award.

I'm not David Copperfield... but neither is this girl. She was in a clearing in a forest with no strong trees above her. Even when someone is hanging from a totally fixed anchor point (remember that thin tree branches bend, too!), climbing ropes are designed to be elastic - and someone suspended oscillates up and down when they move. This was not happening.

Basically, I know the subject pretty well... I can find no explanation other than the obvious. I think something very unusual may have been happening here.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 26th January 2011 at 12:14.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Abhaya (31st January 2011), ASIA (26th January 2011), FutureLeFunk (31st January 2011), Limor Wolf (27th January 2011), Professor (28th January 2011), str8thinker (26th January 2011), ThePythonicCow (28th January 2011)

8. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    --------

Wow. I must say, for me that had the ring of truth about it.

If you were a Mom, and had a little girl who could levitate, wouldn't you go together with her into the woods to practice where no-one would see?

And look at how she grabbed the little girl's hand and took off...
    My thoughts exactly - the whole scenario just seems strangely "correct"

9. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Member Redtailhawk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Richard (here)
    I took a screenshot and cleaned it up a bit. It looks authentic to me.
    Editing Note: I only adjusted brightness and contrast and increased sharpness.Attachment 3945

Here's a zoomed crop of the same image with a bit of sharpness increased.
    Attachment 3946
    And look at how her hair is being pulled up....like an electric force.

10. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This video recalled something from when I was a little girl between 8 and 10yrls old. My friends and I would have "sleepover" parties....where we would have one person lie on the floor with arms crossed on their chest. Then the other four girls would each put 2 fingers from each hand underneath the person lying down. We would concentrate on her levitating and would usually get that person to levitate at least a foot off the ground. It worked because we believed it would.

11. Link to Post #109
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Trickery is Everywhere

12. Link to Post #110
    United States Avalon Member sunnyrap's Avatar
    Thanks

fwiw...I find it more plausible that the girl can levitate than a mother and child would stage such an elaborate hoax for 'someone' who 'just happens to be walking his dog' in the same woods. In other words, the guy filming it is probably the dad as the dog probably knows the mother and child due to how he acts. Remember the story of the boy who allegedly climbs into the Mylar balloon-ship?

I'd love it if the little girl were actually levitating, but something also tells me that it would be revealed much differently...

13. Link to Post #111
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,371 times in 388 posts

And the guy speaking to his dog in English should have been clue number one that something is fishy.
    I know everytime i walk my dog i speak to him in Russian.
    LOL!
    Well he said some words that sounded a little bit like "come here". Hopefully there is somebody Russian here that can tell us if the phrase would translate into something a Russian guy would shout at a dog.

I'm sure every Russian out there into faking videos of floating girls prefers to work in a completely different language than he speaks. It always adds to authenticity if you cock up what you say in a different language. He was a bit sloppy though don't you think as everything else he said was a bit Russian sounding. Needs more practice

Maybe he taking his English speaking girl freind's dog for a walk and it chews your leg off if you don't speak to it in English lol.

14. Link to Post #112
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I think it is a fake. The thing which makes me think so, other than some of the other evidences posted here is the TONE of the guys voice when he is saying "come here" to Tarzan.

I do a bit of clumsy recording of my own music and have come to hear the difference between how the first take sounds and then how the proceeding takes sound. There is a clarity - a certain sharpness - a freshness about something when it is 'in the moment'. As you go on - it gets a certain tone to it where it sounds - like you've said it before not that long ago. A certain dullness. This man's voice has that dullness of tone. It doesn't have the highs and lows in hz that a 'fresh' take does. it sounds 'tired'. It also sounds like he is thinking about what he is saying before he is saying it. The timing of it isn't right. This is my take on this situation, from my sense of sound and timing. It speaks of itself as a fake, to me.
    Last edited by Isostool; 31st January 2011 at 13:33.

15. Link to Post #113
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Six months ago I lived in a very fixed world. But happened to fell into a rabbithole.
    Now I am in something infinite where nothing seems impossible.

Jorr

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

Abhaya (31st January 2011), aikya (1st February 2011)

17. Link to Post #114
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

Guy is filming his dog because he wants to. The dog starts well but starts being an idiot and the guy yells at his dog. Dog see strangers and starts barking. Mother says " katie get down ..katie come on get down someones coming.. " dog barks louder and the guy has already filmed from a distance and Katie releases herself and drops to her mother and they scamper off leaving a bewildered man whom not only can't believe what he just saw but will probably never get over it.

Yup this is just a floating girl. Nothing big on the internet but in real life it's wonderful. People can do this at will and some people can do it to other people and well if you find levitation hard to believe then you should never hope to meet an alien. Your mind would switch you off in a flash because you're not ready yet.

If I saw this in real life I have no doubt I'd be scared. I dare say I would poop myself. I'd probably poop my whole sphincter out my back side like those unrolling paper streamers you find at children's parties - I dare say it would even give a merry toot. In which Katie would giggle at she runs off.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

jorr lundstrom (31st January 2011)

19. Link to Post #115
    Canada Avalon Member Hypothetical's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw a mythbusters episode lately where they debunked the bees lifting a laptop. In the end they proved it could be done by high test fishing line. As a salmon fisherman I can tell you that the lines would be impossible to see form the distance on this video. They are made to be very invisible to detection and 4 or 5 lines of 20lb test would hold her no problem. As far as removing the lines when she gets down, who's to say they did? They were probably long enough to allow the girl and mother to run out of the camera shot so that the camera man had a decent shot. Notice the video stops so suddenly once they run off? Why wouldn't he run after them a bit showing them running off? Because he's in on it!

20. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

This video is clearly fake.
    Best wishes from South America.

21. Link to Post #117
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Intressting! Thank you !

Is it the girl levitating or is it the mother levitating the girl LOL

22. Link to Post #118
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,371 times in 388 posts

Quote Posted by Hypothetical (here)
    I saw a mythbusters episode lately where they debunked the bees lifting a laptop. In the end they proved it could be done by high test fishing line. As a salmon fisherman I can tell you that the lines would be impossible to see form the distance on this video. They are made to be very invisible to detection and 4 or 5 lines of 20lb test would hold her no problem. As far as removing the lines when she gets down, who's to say they did? They were probably long enough to allow the girl and mother to run out of the camera shot so that the camera man had a decent shot. Notice the video stops so suddenly once they run off? Why wouldn't he run after them a bit showing them running off? Because he's in on it!
    I wish I'd seen that mythbusters episode. Fancy being able to lift laptops with fishing line.

I reckon all those ghosts people see must be on fishing lines. They is quite light I suspect and probably no problem for a good line. It explains a lot of stuff.

Chasing mothers and their floating kids through the woods is a very natural instinct as well. I don't think you would feel uneasy about it. Well at least until you had the court hearing anyway.

23. Link to Post #119
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

Although we don't see the full descent, we do see the last second or two when the mother plucks the girl into her arms before her feet touch the ground, and whisk her away - what we don't see is her taking off a harness or unclipping one.

Imho something remarkable was caught on camera. Magic!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to aikya For This Post:

One (1st February 2011)

25. Link to Post #120
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I dont know.

Countries like Russia, Germany, heck ALOT of countries learn English as their 2ndry language and use it on a daily basis for talking on the net, or even at work to tourists.

I believe they also mix the languages sometimes when talking with themselves or people whome they know can also speak english. It may have just been a personal preference to say come here instead of Иди сюда.

As for excitment... His dog just ran off crazy and teh guy is slightly agitated/confuzed as to why. How long had the guy been walking his dog? Was there a park nearby he'd just been playing with the dog - and was on his way home - so he was phyiscally tired?

I honestly dont think ANYONE in this thread can say it is real, or it is not real based on the facts that have been shown in the video only. Additional information is needed form both sides, the person rolling the camera, and the mother/child.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

One (1st February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast