+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone suggest to me ways to open the eyes of friends and family????

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jesterking's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can anyone suggest to me ways to open the eyes of friends and family????

I have found that a majority of people with interest in the topics discussed here, like me, are driven by something unexplainable. To us the information is sometimes shocking but not unbelievable. It seems to me though that the rest of the population would rather stay in the dark or choose not to give these ideas any consideration. I believe it would be most beneficial to our survival to inform as many people as possible, but how do you inform those who reject the information. To develop a strategy with this purpose alone, slapping the faces of the sleeping people, waking them up to REALITY as we know it is the key. Minds greater then mine are capable of such an endeavor, I hope if they are working on something similar I will stumble upon it soon. Advertising? Social-Networking strategies? If anyones got answers I'm all ears...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jesterking For This Post:

Art (30th January 2011), Butterfli13 (29th January 2011), Fred259 (23rd January 2011), moais (29th January 2011), pwn_thyself (24th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Can anyone suggest to me ways to open the eyes of friends and family????

I haven't been successful at waking up very many friends or relatives, but at least a lot of them have heard enough information from me to have it in the back of their minds. Unfortunately they aren't stocking up and preparing. I think the Aaron Russo video where he talks about plans by the banking cartel to have everyone micro-chipped can be convincing, if you can get someone to watch it. A good way to share videos and information might be to talk to them on messenger. A friend I talk to on messenger already could tell something wasn't right when I started talking to him about the way things are. He stocks up as he can. Here is the Russo video:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

partsdale (26th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: Can anyone suggest to me ways to open the eyes of friends and family????

"Lead by example" comes to mind...

I personally have never accepted a forced awakening process... rather I seem to find the right books, people, info at the right time when it has a major impact on me.

Therefore I assume that you can not force the awakening in anybody else, they will just turn on the other side and continue sleeping.

What you can do however, is be helpful to those that are opening their eyes and start asking questions. Point them at the info you have found, watch a movie together that you feel is important and so on. If you are really courageous and determined you can look at Bill (an others like him) as an example of what can be done .

Also, as you continue your awakening process, some of the answers and ways of helping will become clear.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Anchor (25th January 2011), Art (30th January 2011), astrid (23rd January 2011), Ba-ba-Ra (24th January 2011), Butterfli13 (29th January 2011), Chuck (25th January 2011), fifi (24th January 2011), moais (29th January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011), pilotsimone (23rd January 2011), scribbler (30th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011), sunflower (23rd January 2011), truthseekerdan (23rd January 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Switzerland Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Jesterking,

Believe me - I fully understand your approach and your intentions!
    I am in a similar position with friends and family.
    Fortunately, I do have also well informed friends. But most of them chose to walk on a different path (which could be left any time of course): they are busy with careers, building houses, making babies and worrying only about themselves all the time.
    Therefore, how can they have capacity to search for truth, to evolve spiritually, if their focus is on density and material?
    I came to the conclusion - without knowing for sure, if this is the right approach or not - If they are ready for awakening, I will be there for them of course, trying to support them as best as I can:-).

But let me ask you the question - Why pushing people, when they are not ready yet? What is the benefit behind? IMO awakening should happen in a natural process.

Social networking strategies are nevertheless a good idea - who knows how many people "stumble" into an awakening process via facebook or twitter.

I am not a native English speaking person - please excuse misspellings and the incorrect use of the English grammar. I hope I was understandable in my phrasing...

Kind regards,
    Dragonfly

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dragonfly For This Post:

anikohu (23rd January 2011), KosmicKat (23rd January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,352 times in 1,657 posts

Hi Jesterking
    I have found that posting links to interesting alternative news stories every now and again has worked for me. Been doin it for a few years now and the difference in the attitudes of friends and family is remarkable. I tried telling people about this stuff face to face but it didnt wotk, people either glaze over or get very defensive. I send out a link maybe twice a month ( nothing too radical but enough to wake them up) along with the normal emails and jokes that everyone gets. I believe people are more likely to investigate something new and a bit wierd when theyu are chilled out on thier own just surfing the net.

At first none mentioned them but soon people started saying " hey that was a mad story about the ............ you sent is that stuff real" and your in. Got my whole family on board in a year and a half with no arguments about crazy conspiracy theories.

Cheers
    Muzz

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muzz For This Post:

Anchor (25th January 2011), Gajanana (23rd January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011), scribbler (30th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Muzz (here)
    Hi Jesterking
    I have found that posting links to interesting alternative news stories every now and again has worked for me. Been doin it for a few years now and the difference in the attitudes of friends and family is remarkable. I tried telling people about this stuff face to face but it didnt wotk, people either glaze over or get very defensive. I send out a link maybe twice a month ( nothing too radical but enough to wake them up) along with the normal emails and jokes that everyone gets. I believe people are more likely to investigate something new and a bit wierd when theyu are chilled out on thier own just surfing the net.

At first none mentioned them but soon people started saying " hey that was a mad story about the ............ you sent is that stuff real" and your in. Got my whole family on board in a year and a half with no arguments about crazy conspiracy theories.

Cheers
    Muzz
    Same here... even had people showing me links that I had sent them, saying "hey! seen this!?" completely forgetting where they got it in the first place I never point out that I sent the original

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gajanana For This Post:

Muzz (23rd January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

alot of good answers here already IMHO

my refined formula?

wait for them to ask

tell them how big and shocking the truth is, make sure they understand, give them a chance to say no, no means no

first course is Bob Dean - European Exopolitics Summit, Barcelona, 24 July 2009

the promise of pictures usually gets them to want to see his following presentation, but again no means no

second course is Bob Dean's presentation, European Exopolitics Summit, Barcelona, 25 July 2009

if they can handle the alien thing, they can handle most the rest IMHO

third course = what ever conspiracy that interests them. teach them to fish, instead of feeding them fish you prefer they have. When they run dry...they will come back and ask for help or suggestions

try to feed them the source material and let them make up their own mind, as there may come a time when you regret the things you tell others because your views may change over time

my two cents

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burke For This Post:

anikohu (23rd January 2011), fifi (24th January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    New Zealand Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Taking up such a responsibility should be weighed carefully imo.
    Many a time I have seen people acting from their own fear and trying to wake others up so they don't have to face these things alone and other such reasons.
    Sufficient work has been done to program people into reactions of ridicule... and acting as an 'ambassador' of 'truth' can lead to enforcement of that ridicule. So choose your times and 'ways'. Much work can be done by leading by example as already expressed, and maintaining much of the information at human interest level. It is hard to give an example of that just now sorry.
    my 2c too

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fractalius For This Post:

sheddie (30th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

It is also useful to make small obvious predictions and get people asking questions, or you could also be secretive and cryptic... "I know something you don't know" is a very powerful psychological trick...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Billiam For This Post:

MargueriteBee (29th January 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member jesterking's Avatar
    Thanks

Id like to thank those who have posted their suggestions thus far. In response to dragonfly, the urgency in my desire to awaken people comes from my fear that at anytime it could be too late. Forcing it is not necessarily my intention but a little push wouldn't hurt. I'm aware that someone force feeding you their beliefs usually triggers the gag reflex. Thats why I seek a subtle yet significant approach. I agree with all of you, your methods all work in time if they are meant to. Im searching for a purpose, and dont want to leave those I love behind. I guess if they are satisfied with what is, there really is no sense in maybe making them worry about what might be. But if theres need for preparation Id hate to be the only one because I didnt try hard enough to convince everybody else. I want to know whats important now, and share it with others. Work on something worthwhile, not for fame or money but for change. What I know now is everything we think we know is to be questioned. To "lead by example" it seems is all I can do. Love, forgive, act selfless and speak up when I hear words of negativity. Theres always more I could be doing...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jesterking For This Post:

InCiDeR (30th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Switzerland Deactivated
    Thanks

Jesterking - very nice answer, thank you!

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

I don't know about anyone else, but for right now, I'm not feeling ready to share the new info coming from Charles yet. I think this is because I'm still processing it. I don't necessarily know what to share. Also, everything we're learning relative to the Charles material feels like a game changer to me. In the past, I let people know what I doing, or thinking and so on, like in normal conversations. I'm the eccentric aunt, or curiously odd and interesting friend, people come to these changes in stages. And I often focus on gardening, because in the past, I felt that if as many people were doing that as possible we might have a fighting chance.

I've hesitated to speak on the matters these past two weeks, because I have felt from the get go, that we may learn things from Charles that may change our strategies. People have tended to look for me for information on the changes and preparations sort of topic. I feel a sense of responsibility for the information I share, and how I share it.

I stumbled across a you tube put out my Marshall Masters with YOWUSA, the Five Stages of Castrophism and it helped me a great deal on this issue. Because I just don't think we can shortcut the stages. It helps me keep perspective about how much, or little, I can do for the people I love.

I've discovered for myself that I experience these stages every time I am learning something new, and it's changing me, any time I need to die to something in myself to make room for the new. People need the breathing room to withdraw and let their thoughts organize, patience with them, and yourself is super helpful.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

NancyV (25th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

You are doing the right thing by living from a place of Love and helping to turn around their negativity. Give them a challenge, if they will accept, to take 2 days and diligent be aware of any and all of their thoughts. When a negative one pops up, ask them to catch it and reverse it with a positive one. If they are diligent about it, they will notice an immediate difference in their life and well-being. Perhaps that would spark an interest and you could ease into the rest. They don't have to know " the truth" about Earth, humanity etc. They just have to remember they are Love. You will be doing them a great service if you can achieve that. Good luck!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to de rien For This Post:

barefoot (24th January 2011)

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

I had to ask my teacher about the role of freewill in helping others to find enlightenment just last night. His answer to me was; if we try to ... propel somebody into enlightenment we are doing them a dis-service, usurping their free will to choose. The example he offered was that even our creator does not force enlightenment upon us. My current understanding is that it is commendable to want to help others, but we cannot justify helping them until they request our help.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

barefoot (24th January 2011), fifi (24th January 2011), jack (23rd January 2011), Nairnia (23rd January 2011), NancyV (25th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

28. Link to Post #15
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by jesterking (here)
    I have found that a majority of people with interest in the topics discussed here, like me, are driven by something unexplainable. To us the information is sometimes shocking but not unbelievable. It seems to me though that the rest of the population would rather stay in the dark or choose not to give these ideas any consideration. I believe it would be most beneficial to our survival to inform as many people as possible, but how do you inform those who reject the information. To develop a strategy with this purpose alone, slapping the faces of the sleeping people, waking them up to REALITY as we know it is the key. Minds greater then mine are capable of such an endeavor, I hope if they are working on something similar I will stumble upon it soon. Advertising? Social-Networking strategies? If anyones got answers I'm all ears...
    My suggestion for you Jesterking is to sit down with you family/friends one night and say something along these lines.

"Mum, Dad, Siblings & Friends, I think you all Agree 'Something is Not Right' in this Country but we never manage to 'Stop and Think' Who or What is causing it!

All I ask is for you all to watch any 1 of these 3 Videos with me (you choose), preferrably 1 - at a time...and then you can Make up your Own Minds. All I have been searching for is the TRUTH..!

If you want to understand why the American people are turning against him. Watch the Obama Deception:

Video 1: The Obama Deception

Video 2: Fall of the Republic

Obama Facts...

Obama is a Puppet for the Globalist Banksters..!

Here is Obama’s so called “Hope & Change”!

Obama promised he would not appoint lobbyist's to his administration, Lie - most appointees are lobbyist's. (ex 'Goldman Sachs' employees)

Obama was born in Kenya & is not even eligible to be President.

Obama is related to Dick Cheney.

Obama’s US debt total is now upwards of $24 Trillion USD.

Obama promised to not raise taxes for people who don't earn over $250,000, now wants to introduce a new Global Warming (Cap & Trade) Bill which will increase the cost of energy and tax all American people on their consumption.

Obama lied about pulling the troops out of Iraq.

Obama is leaving 50,000 US soldiers in Iraq. The others are being sent to Afghanistan and to Pakistan, where on Obama’s watch war has broken out big time with already one million refugees from the indiscriminate bombing of civilians.

Obama continually gives the Green Light to Attack & Kill innocent civilians with Predator Drones.

Obama lied about closing the torture prison, Guantanamo, and abolish the kangaroo courts known as military tribunals.

Obama has defended the Bush/Cheney warrantless wiretapping program run by the National Security Agency.

Obama’s Justice Department has taken up the defense of Donald Rumsfeld against a case brought by detainees whose rights Rumsfeld violated.

Obama abandoned his promise to protect whislte-blowers who give information of executive branch illegality to Congress.

Obama, in other words, is committed to covering up the Bush regime’s crimes and to ensuring that his own regime can continue to operate in the same illegal and unconstitutional ways.

Obama has been in office for only 24 months and already a book could be written about his broken promises.

Video 3: ENDGAME: Blueprint for Global Enslavement

Preferrably go onto a bit torrent site, download and burn a copy so you can all watch it together on the family TV.

Good Luck & Godspeed Jesterking, I know you will be succussful in Waking Up many others especially those close to you.

How do I know this? Because you are a member of Avalon and had the Guts to ask for some help and ideas...

Never Ever Give in or Give Up! You have the most Powerful Force in the entire Universe - You have "THE TRUTH" on your side.
    Last edited by jackovesk; 25th January 2011 at 13:49.

29. Link to Post #16
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 times in 304 posts

i'm afraid that most people are happy to live inside the matrix. those who you feel are ready to seek answers can be lead gently towards answers. i found lindsey williams helpful. i told all that petrol prices were going to crash down 2 or 3 years ago, and some wanted to know how i knew... once you have they're attention then you can begin to unpick the conditioning.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

NancyV (25th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by KosmicKat (here)
    My current understanding is that it is commendable to want to help others, but we cannot justify helping them until they request our help.
    Well said.

Who is to say what is right, what is the truth? NO ONE knows the truth. There is a tremendous responsibility in affecting someone's life especially if you impose your belief which lets be honest, could be wrong. Personally I think it is better for someone to live happily and enjoy life, to take part, than to sit in the basement surrounded by canned food waiting for the end of the world. That may be a flippant remark, but I have seen someone literally do that. Can you guarantee your belief will have a positive effect on someone? If not, you may be casting shadows and spreading negativity, you have become the tool of oppression.
    Last edited by Nairnia; 23rd January 2011 at 14:08. Reason: forgot to thank kosmickat

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nairnia For This Post:

barefoot (24th January 2011), scribbler (30th January 2011), sheddie (30th January 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

I mentioned this social phenomena on another thread. There now exists two worlds. Two realities. The old reality is alive and well and the press, the corporations, science, the rest of academia and education all are running full tilt with the old story...man's progress story. Then there is the new reality, us. I don't even bother to change people's views any longer. I offer them my view, evidence when I can confirm it and leave them to cook and hopefully change their reality. Some have changed. Some people get very angry when their world view is disturbed in any way.

You can only offer what's available in language that hopefully will convince them without threatening their reality and values.

34. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

The best way to "open the eyes" of a dear friend is simply to ask them to turn off their television sets, and avoid any media contact, for one week.

Information clashes with information, thought with thought, and fact with fact.

When the week is over, do see how your friend reacts to a CNN newscast, or any form of external information, for that matter. Clears the view, a bit.

Of course, if they're not "ready," this entire conversation is void.
    Last edited by Dale; 23rd January 2011 at 14:59.

35. Link to Post #20
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Nairnia (here)
    Well said.

Who is to say what is right, what is the truth? NO ONE knows the truth. There is a tremendous responsibility in affecting someone's life especially if you impose your belief which lets be honest, could be wrong. Personally I think it is better for someone to live happily and enjoy life, to take part, than to sit in the basement surrounded by canned food waiting for the end of the world. That may be a flippant remark, but I have seen someone literally do that. Can you guarantee your belief will have a positive effect on someone? If not, you may be casting shadows and spreading negativity, you have become the tool of oppression.
    Flippant Remark alright...

No-one has all the Answers, but they do know when they getting Oppressed by the PTB!

...and No-body is Imposing anything on Anyone! They are merely trying to share Information and Ideas and let their family and friends Make Up Their Own Minds!

"Casting shadows and spreading negativity, you have become the tool of oppression!"

What do you mean Tool of Oppression? We already are being Oppressed..!

Fat Lot of Good your advice is, what do bring to a Fight against Humanity Nairnia? A Feather and some New Age Positive vibes? Wake Up son!
    Last edited by jackovesk; 23rd January 2011 at 14:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast