+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk, The Masterful Troll

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,217 times in 2,398 posts

Default Elon Musk, The Masterful Troll

This thread is for general news and updates. Meant to focus on positive and satirical content.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Thought I'd start with this:

Elon Musk offers $1 billion to Wikipedia if it changes its name to "Dickipedia"!

Article:

Billion-dollar joke! Tesla's Elon Musk offers $1 bn to Wikipedia for NSFW name change

Synopsis

Elon Musk, the founder of SpaceX and Tesla, has offered to donate $1 billion to Wikipedia on the condition that the popular online encyclopedia changes its name to 'Dickipedia' for at least one year. Musk defended the proposition as being in the interest of accuracy.

Tech mogul Elon Musk, the man behind SpaceX and Tesla, has offered a staggering $1 billion to Wikipedia, the popular online encyclopedia.

However, this generous donation comes with an unusual condition – Wikipedia must change its name to 'Dickipedia' for a minimum period of one year.

Musk, known for his playful demeanour, defended this proposition as being "in the interests of accuracy."

The proposal, made on Musk's social media platform X (formerly Twitter), sparked a flurry of reactions from users worldwide. Some encouraged Wikipedia to accept the offer, suggesting they could revert to their original name after securing the funds.

Musk, in response, humorously stated, "One-year minimum. I mean, I'm not a fool lol."

Link to entire article:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../104647468.cms
    Last edited by Pris; 25th October 2023 at 08:21.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Alan (25th October 2023), Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), Carlitos (25th October 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), Lunesoleil (28th October 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th October 2023), meeradas (26th October 2023), Miller (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), NancyV (15th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Rawhide68 (21st January 2024), Sadieblue (25th October 2023), T Smith (25th October 2023), Tintin (25th October 2023), Vangelo (25th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,116 times in 2,403 posts

Default Re: Elon Musk, The Masterful Troll

Just did a quick (advanced) search for "Elon Musk" in titles.

This is the the 36th such thread!

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Ben (25th October 2023), Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), Carlitos (25th October 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), gord (25th October 2023), happyuk (28th October 2023), Jambo (25th October 2023), Michi (25th October 2023), Miller (25th October 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), T Smith (25th October 2023), Tintin (25th October 2023), Vangelo (25th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member Carlitos's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

He's having a laugh - i did too when I saw this - the problem I have with Musk is that he appears to be on the dark side; and tries to make global governance and trans humanism seem like a good thing. (After reading Asimov, for example, one might be inclined to agree). His tactics appear to be working. I think a lot of people are with him, that we can live under a globally organized world, whilst maintaining enough freedoms and sovereignty over our lives.. A world where the tech is working for us and not against us. (neuralink gives me the shivers though - but there a again, I can image several applications where it would be very beneficial).

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carlitos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), Frankie Pancakes (25th October 2023), Miller (25th October 2023), Sadieblue (28th October 2023), Tintin (25th October 2023), Vangelo (25th October 2023), Vicus (28th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Just did a quick (advanced) search for "Elon Musk" in titles.

This is the the 36th such thread!

Thanks for your input. I did a search, too. And, there's no general thread (let alone generally positive thread) on Elon. Thus, this thread is born.

If you know any good memes, feel free to share.

Last edited by Pris; 25th October 2023 at 09:40.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), Ewan (25th October 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), Miller (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Tintin (25th October 2023), Vangelo (25th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carlitos (here)
    He's having a laugh - i did too when I saw this - the problem I have with Musk is that he appears to be on the dark side; and tries to make global governance and trans humanism seem like a good thing. (After reading Asimov, for example, one might be inclined to agree). His tactics appear to be working. I think a lot of people are with him, that we can live under a globally organized world, whilst maintaining enough freedoms and sovereignty over our lives.. A world where the tech is working for us and not against us. (neuralink gives me the shivers though - but there a again, I can image several applications where it would be very beneficial).

You make good points. Since none of us know for sure what Elon's "long game" is, we may as well have some fun in the meantime.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

7alon (25th October 2023), Bill Ryan (25th October 2023), Carlitos (25th October 2023), ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), Miller (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), T Smith (25th October 2023), Tintin (25th October 2023), Vicus (28th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,614 times in 21,142 posts

• Wikipedia Founder Larry Sanger: Wikipedia's 'Long, Slow Slide Into Leftist Propaganda':

Wikipedia's self-described "ex-founder" Larry Sanger describes the shift of the online wiki-encyclopedia from its early efforts towards neutrality to its current state of what he calls "Leftist Propaganda." In a conversation about the difference between neutrality and objective truth, Sanger says that Wikipedia currently adheres to neither—now it represents only the establishment view on topics.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th October 2023 at 16:32.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Miller (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Pris (25th October 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Thanks

Cool Re: Elon Musk, The Masterful Troll

• Liberal Leftist Response:
    "Elon Musk Offers to Also Ruin Wikipedia"

Behind the X owner’s trolling is a years long obsession with the internet’s favorite encyclopedia, Depths of Wiki creator Annie Rauwerda tells Rolling Stone

In the middle of a wave of rampant misinformation, excessive hate speech, and endless harassment, X owner Elon Musk set his sights on Wikipedia. On Sunday, Musk aimed a series of tweets at Wikipedia and its co-founder Jimmy Wales, mocking a call for more funding before immediately implying that the nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation was mismanaging its funds. Not to be outdone by his own tweet, Musk immediately followed it up with a challenge: “I will give them a billion dollars if they change their name to Dickipedia.”

Beyond its status as the largest and “most-read reference work in history,” Wikipedia has long been heralded as a product of both massive fundraising and an internet full of people obsessed with very specific things. The site has full-time employees but has a veritable army of volunteers to thank for its detailed and extremely rule-oriented database. But much of Musk’s consternation with the popular site appears to be less about its features and more about his inability to control what it says about him. Rauwerda, creator of Depths of Wikipedia, one of the most popular Wikipedia-focused accounts online, tells Rolling Stone that Musk’s focus seems to be coming from a man obsessed with encyclopedias — who’s still unable to bend the world’s most popular one towards his will.

“[Musk] always talks about how as a kid, he read the entire encyclopedia back to back,” Rauwerda says. “Sometimes he’ll say that he did it twice. So I do think he has this, like, lifelong interest in encyclopedias. And he always has all these demands about [Wikipedia]. He’s so obsessed.”

For the past three years, Rauwerda has been a dedicated Wikipedia editor and the mind behind Depths of Wikipedia, an account that shares some of the oddest and funniest entries of Wikipedia to its 1.5 million followers over Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and TikTok. She began editing casually about 10 years ago, but in 2020 dove headfirst into the community, eventually being named the 2022 Media Contributor of the Year at the foundation’s annual conference. Rauwerda tells Rolling Stone that some of Musk’s frustration might stem from his long beef with Wikipedia, most of which has been over the information on his own Wikipedia page.

“You can’t buy [Wikipedia]. I feel like a lot of the things that Elon Musk does are, ‘You have this like crazy vision, and then you use the markets to make it happen,’” Rauwerda says. “But with Wikipedia, it just doesn’t really respond to money.”

In May 2022, journalist Stephen Harrison reported that Musk’s Wikipedia page, which was created in 2004, was a source of constant debate after Musk made several public calls for his page to be changed. “Just looked at my wiki for 1st time in years. It’s insane! Btw, can someone please delete ‘investor’. I do basically zero investing,” Musk wrote in 2019. “They say history is written by the victors, but not on Wikipedia if the losing party is still alive & has lots of time on their hands!” he said in April 2022, seemingly referring to Martin Eberhard, who is still listed on Wikipedia as a co-founder of Tesla in spite of Musk’s assertions that he alone created and built his billion-dollar company. Earlier this month, Musk called the internet encyclopedia “wokipedia,” after co-founder Wales criticized rampant misinformation on X. And he claims the new X feature “Community Notes,” which allows paying users to fact check tweets, allows X to bypass any editor bias that Wikipedia might have. (An October report from NBC found that the Community Notes program has allowed known war misinformation to thrive on the platform unchecked for hours.)

But beyond Musk’s clear fixation on Wikipedia, Rauwerda says another thing the X owner hasn’t understood yet is how Wikipedia’s format creates a barrier to entry for basic trolls, and allows fanatics to share free information about bizarre history they’re most interested in at the moment. For Rauwerda’s own purposes, right now that includes the description of zoo animals as celebrities in 19th-century American news and a serial defecator in Colorado nicknamed the Mad Pooper.

“The famous quote about [Wikipedia] that’s been repeated a lot of times in the last 20 years is that ‘Wikipedia does not work in theory, but it does work in practice,’” Rauwerda says. “It’s all these bizarre zealots that spend hours every day correcting each other and debating things, and it’s for free. This is just like a group of people that love explaining stuff.”

And as for Musk’s preoccupation, perhaps the official rules for editing his Wikipedia page say it best. “Wikipedia doesn’t have to do what Musk says”.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Miller (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Thanks
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 25th October 2023 at 20:34.

16. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    • Liberal Leftist Response:
    "Elon Musk Offers to Also Ruin Wikipedia"

Behind the X owner’s trolling is a years long obsession with the internet’s favorite encyclopedia, Depths of Wiki creator Annie Rauwerda tells Rolling Stone

In the middle of a wave of rampant misinformation, excessive hate speech, and endless harassment, X owner Elon Musk set his sights on Wikipedia. On Sunday, Musk aimed a series of tweets at Wikipedia and its co-founder Jimmy Wales, mocking a call for more funding before immediately implying that the nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation was mismanaging its funds. Not to be outdone by his own tweet, Musk immediately followed it up with a challenge: “I will give them a billion dollars if they change their name to Dickipedia.”

Beyond its status as the largest and “most-read reference work in history,” Wikipedia has long been heralded as a product of both massive fundraising and an internet full of people obsessed with very specific things. The site has full-time employees but has a veritable army of volunteers to thank for its detailed and extremely rule-oriented database. But much of Musk’s consternation with the popular site appears to be less about its features and more about his inability to control what it says about him. Rauwerda, creator of Depths of Wikipedia, one of the most popular Wikipedia-focused accounts online, tells Rolling Stone that Musk’s focus seems to be coming from a man obsessed with encyclopedias — who’s still unable to bend the world’s most popular one towards his will.

“[Musk] always talks about how as a kid, he read the entire encyclopedia back to back,” Rauwerda says. “Sometimes he’ll say that he did it twice. So I do think he has this, like, lifelong interest in encyclopedias. And he always has all these demands about [Wikipedia]. He’s so obsessed.”

For the past three years, Rauwerda has been a dedicated Wikipedia editor and the mind behind Depths of Wikipedia, an account that shares some of the oddest and funniest entries of Wikipedia to its 1.5 million followers over Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and TikTok. She began editing casually about 10 years ago, but in 2020 dove headfirst into the community, eventually being named the 2022 Media Contributor of the Year at the foundation’s annual conference. Rauwerda tells Rolling Stone that some of Musk’s frustration might stem from his long beef with Wikipedia, most of which has been over the information on his own Wikipedia page.

“You can’t buy [Wikipedia]. I feel like a lot of the things that Elon Musk does are, ‘You have this like crazy vision, and then you use the markets to make it happen,’” Rauwerda says. “But with Wikipedia, it just doesn’t really respond to money.”

In May 2022, journalist Stephen Harrison reported that Musk’s Wikipedia page, which was created in 2004, was a source of constant debate after Musk made several public calls for his page to be changed. “Just looked at my wiki for 1st time in years. It’s insane! Btw, can someone please delete ‘investor’. I do basically zero investing,” Musk wrote in 2019. “They say history is written by the victors, but not on Wikipedia if the losing party is still alive & has lots of time on their hands!” he said in April 2022, seemingly referring to Martin Eberhard, who is still listed on Wikipedia as a co-founder of Tesla in spite of Musk’s assertions that he alone created and built his billion-dollar company. Earlier this month, Musk called the internet encyclopedia “wokipedia,” after co-founder Wales criticized rampant misinformation on X. And he claims the new X feature “Community Notes,” which allows paying users to fact check tweets, allows X to bypass any editor bias that Wikipedia might have. (An October report from NBC found that the Community Notes program has allowed known war misinformation to thrive on the platform unchecked for hours.)

But beyond Musk’s clear fixation on Wikipedia, Rauwerda says another thing the X owner hasn’t understood yet is how Wikipedia’s format creates a barrier to entry for basic trolls, and allows fanatics to share free information about bizarre history they’re most interested in at the moment. For Rauwerda’s own purposes, right now that includes the description of zoo animals as celebrities in 19th-century American news and a serial defecator in Colorado nicknamed the Mad Pooper.

“The famous quote about [Wikipedia] that’s been repeated a lot of times in the last 20 years is that ‘Wikipedia does not work in theory, but it does work in practice,’” Rauwerda says. “It’s all these bizarre zealots that spend hours every day correcting each other and debating things, and it’s for free. This is just like a group of people that love explaining stuff.”

And as for Musk’s preoccupation, perhaps the official rules for editing his Wikipedia page say it best. “Wikipedia doesn’t have to do what Musk says”.

Indeed. ;p Not a fun read, but made your point. Barfy globalist propaganda defending their Dickipedia.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (29th October 2023), T Smith (25th October 2023)

18. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Seems like you are deeply haunted, John. Best of luck sorting it all out.

Back to topic...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (25th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Thanks

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Pris (25th October 2023), skogvokter (4th November 2023), Yoda (25th October 2023)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Pris (here)

. . . . . . . . . . . . ..I WILL GIVE THEM

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Yoda (26th October 2023)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV
    Being healthy skeptical is not the same as being permanent dismissive & eternal pessimistic ... We all on a journey of discovering new insights that might contradict programmed, conditioned belief-systems & assumptions ... For me that is exciting, for others it might be frightening ... All depends on how you deal with it ... In my view, living in brutal self-honesty is KEY to move forward in life.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

I am going to stick my neck out and say that every intelligent, reasonable, fair-minded individual on planet Earth knows that Wikipedia lost the plot many years ago, it began bravely enough and with the best of intentions, to be an open-source archive of human knowledge and information. Like so many great ideas, the execution of them is subject to the wrong kinds of people being involved and gaining too much influence/power over how the project is to manifest, it seems every self-righteous, pedantic, anal left wing extremist in academic and 'underground' circles has taken direct control over editorial and content policies. Some of the content is good quality, some of it states the truth and is accurate, however the major proponents of "Cancel Culture" and intolerant, dogmatic consensus science, political hacks from the very depths of conformity and authoritarian fascist corporate oceans have taken complete control. What began as a laudable, admirable project has become a massive weapon of Cancel Culture and gross distortion-ville. Dikipedia is about right!

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th November 2023), happyuk (28th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Pris (28th October 2023), skogvokter (4th November 2023), ulli (28th October 2023), Vicus (28th October 2023)

28. Link to Post #15
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,400 times in 1,199 posts

Arrow Re: Elon Musk, The Masterful Troll

Especially since Wikipedia regularly asks these users to support them with donations, the solution is obvious, thank you Elon Musk

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th November 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (28th October 2023), Pris (28th October 2023)

30. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lunesoleil (here)
    Especially since Wikipedia regularly asks these users to support them with donations, the solution is obvious, thank you Elon Musk

My guess is that Dickipedia (Dickipedopedia?...) just wants to make it appear that their funding comes from the "innocent" fleecing of sheep. No doubt they're getting indirect backdoor big bucks funding through other methods like Ukraine. ;p

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (12th November 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Rizotto (29th October 2023), Yoda (6th November 2023)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,643 times in 20,707 posts

What if??
    Each breath a gift...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Raskolnikov (29th October 2023), Yoda (6th November 2023)

34. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

Ben (29th October 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), Pam (29th October 2023), Raskolnikov (29th October 2023), Yoda (6th November 2023)

36. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Elon Musk: Soros realized that you don't actually need to change the laws, you just need to change how they are enforced. If nobody chooses to enforce the law or the laws are deferentially enforced, it's life-changing laws.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ClearWater (4th November 2023), mountain_jim (4th November 2023), skogvokter (4th November 2023), Yoda (6th November 2023)

38. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Joe Rogan interviews Elon Musk (video)

Liberal Hivemind shares his thoughts on a Joe Rogan interview with Elon Musk where Elon agrees that the "left" are a death cult and describes them also as extinctionists, "...they are propagating the extinction of humanity and civilization."

Liberal Hivemind is thrilled that the western world is becoming increasingly "right wing" or normal as the political pendulum swings from "leftist" insanity back to normalcy. He thinks "right wing" ideas are winning and those ideas are also pulling those whose political positions would, in the past, have been considered "left", much further to the "right".

Even Joe Rogan can SEE THE TRUTH!

Source: https://www.bitchute.com/video/ghusIC0VYf4

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pris For This Post:

ClearWater (4th November 2023), ExomatrixTV (26th December 2023), Yoda (6th November 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast