Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Christianity vs Spirituality

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,675 times in 5,716 posts

Default Re: Christianity vs Spirituality

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)
    I am a Christian. But it has taken a good bit of thinking to become clear about what that means - and does not mean.

A very short and simple summary is that Christianity is making the choice to follow Jesus Christ through death to resurrected eternal life in Heaven.

This matter of what is aimed-for, what is wanted, after death - and the means of achieving it; is what sets Christianity apart from all other religions and spiritualties. If someone doesn't want resurrected eternal Heavenly life - then they aren't (at present) a Christian.

This can be found set-out and explained in the Fourth Gospel - "John" - if you can make the effort to read it afresh (this took me a full year - and I had already been a Christian for several years) and setting aside what you think you know from other sources.

But Christianity is active, takes effort, is opt-in, and validated not by any external source (church, book, tradition) but ultimately by the deepest intuition we can achieve, with guidance from the Holy Ghost. Everything else depends on primary intuition - and we need to be explicitly aware of the fact.

The key to Christianity is love - but not the modern understanding of love as just a strong emotion, but a recognition that love is the basis of divine creation, therefore of everything good and knowable.

Love of God and divine creation are the basis of wanting "salvation".
    Excellent Bruce, and thank you.

As you've demonstrated, Christianity is quite specific, and can be summed up quite easily (as opposed to spirituality). In any religion or philosophy or spiritual framework, one has to have a single point of reference if it's to offer any kind of orientating mechanism or coherence...and this is where Christianity separates itself.

Christianity, being active and opt-in and requiring effort: Not all, but I think a significant number of "spiritual" people choose that approach as a default action in order to avoid the sweat and toil of Christianity.

Appreciate you making the distinction between the different brands of love. That had a way of reordering the shapes in my brain, if that makes any sense. Your explanation makes perfect sense to me.
    Last edited by Mike; 14th February 2024 at 08:55.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024), Sadieblue (14th February 2024)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    Generally speaking, I think "Christianity" has evolved into a mostly positive influence on the world today, in spite of the erroneous dogma. I say this from the perspective of one who was burned at the stake during the Inquisition, LOL! Yes, really.

After growing up with Christianity I was labeled a "blasphemer" and a "devil worshipper" for even mentioning the subject of past lives, which most modern day Christians reject.

After recovering the memories of many past lives and working with abductees/contactees who are followed from lifetime to lifetime by abducting Grays, Mantis, Reptilians and Anunnaki/Elohim, who were actually ETs in flying saucers masquerading as "gods" or as "the one God", I have a unique perspective on the Bible and Christianity from a firsthand viewpoint.

Unfortunately, the Bible has been mistranslated and misunderstood so that has led to various conflicting Christian sects. For sure, there are sociopaths and psychopaths in all religions and that is due to the machinations of the human-looking Anunnaki/Elohim establishing religions with embedded secret societies that practice secret blood-letting, blood-drinking, human sacrifice rituals behind very closed doors while presenting a benevolent facade of which most religious people are unaware.

Christians practice the innocuous mirror of these rituals with the Eucharist wherein they drink the (symbolic) blood of "Christ" (wine or grape juice) and eat a cracker symbolic of the body of Christ. This was originally practiced in Egypt in relation to the fertility "god" Osiris. When the Nile rose and fertilized the grain fields, most Egyptians made ale and made crackers representing the body of Osiris in this fertility ritual. Unbeknownst to the common Egyptians was that the dark side of this ritual was carried out secretly in the Great Pyramid by sacrificing a human being and drinking her blood.

"Christ" originally meant "anointing" and was the fertility ritual practiced in the Middle East thousands of years ago wherein a sculpture of a penis was smeared with oil. In some places a full-size statue with erect penis was mounted by a virgin female. Also, the word "Hell" was never in the Bible; it was originally "Gehenna" a place on the outskirts of Jerusalem. "Hell" was originally the Nordic Goddess of the Underworld. (So how the hell did a Nordic Goddess make it into the Bible?)

Both the Old and New Testaments are based on the machinations of the Anunnaki/Elohim presenting both a light (positive) and dark (negative) side. This was presented in the form of a video documentary "Zeitgeist" and my independent research revealed these were the false "gods" which also included "the one God" concept of a head male "father" God sitting on a throne in the clouds, etc, (e.g., Ptaah in Egypt). Ra was the Son/Sun of God (Ptaah).

If you look at the symbolism in the New Testament it most definitely parallels the Egyptian fertility "god" Osiris, which includes the Eucharist, the cross, the sun/son rising on the third day of the winter solstice (e.g., "Christmas"), good vs evil, dark vs light, sacrifice, etc, etc. In the Middle East there was a ritual that was practiced wherein an animal such as a bull or lamb was laid on a grate with a human underneath. When the animal was slain the person underneath was literally "washed in the blood of the lamb".

Personally, I like the definition of "god" in Galatians--"God is Love". And in reaching far down the time stream in my own past I discovered that, yes, spiritual Love was and is our native state. However, Jordan Maxwell indicted that the phrase was mistranslated and it was actually "God is Jove", which would indicate that "he" was one of the nefarious Anunnaki/Elohim.

Ironically, the Old Testament states: "Ye are Gods". In denial, Christians often state that well, yes, but that's "gods" with a small "g" not "God" with a capital "G" (a concept that I find rather cringe-worthy).

Nevertheless, from my viewpoint and research, this defines the difference between the religious dogma of Christianity and the positive "spiritual" state of Love, which does not function on dogma, but on a positive/benevolent state of being as an individual.

Perhaps the Jesus/Yeshua fellow really walked the Earth and perhaps he was an ET. I say this due to a video documentary that Bill Ryan posted on Avalon THE FRIENDSHIP CASE – THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY OF MASS ALIEN CONTACT (2014).

These ETs live in a constant state of spiritual Love and I highly recommend watching this video if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/cG30Zu7eHeLA/

Hey Truman,

I'd likely have burned during the Inquisition as well, believing in reincarnation and all. And that's only one of my crimes I'm trying to make an argument for Christianity, but I'm a pretty poor Christian myself.

I read all that with great interest, and finished with a depressing realization that I have quite a lot to learn. I'd like to see you and Shaberon chop it up for a few hours.

Curious: why do you think Christianity is mostly a positive influence on the world today?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,388 times in 4,091 posts

You are accountable to Jesus for every word you say, but your works will not set you free. ONLY the blood of Christ and your faith and that's it.

The law started with 10 laws, then that expanded to 613, then Jesus came and chaged the covenant. Be a better person but as a conviction from the Holy Spirit, not pursuit of laws. The law has failed every human except Jesus, it doesn't work. I'll try and elaborate better later

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Mike (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024), Sadieblue (14th February 2024)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,047 times in 4,339 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    You are accountable to Jesus for every word you say, but your works will not set you free. ONLY the blood of Christ and your faith and that's it.

The law started with 10 laws, then that expanded to 613, then Jesus came and chaged the covenant. Be a better person but as a conviction from the Holy Spirit, not pursuit of laws. The law has failed every human except Jesus, it doesn't work. I'll try and elaborate better later
    And that's the rub.
    I don't believe anything that comes out of the Bible.
    You go back to the Gnostics and everything you just said is horse sh!t.
    The Gnostics said we are responsible for our own development and no amount faith or Jesus blood was going to do the trick.

Now if we were to meet in church I would just nod a empty platitude your way because I would know the uselessness of offering a different take here.
    Don't get me wrong this simplistic faith and heaven thing is great.
    I think it's great for the masses and I think it's great for the truth movement.
    I personally do not believe in it at all but it's absolutely essential.

I personally believe most of our world religions are ancient astronaut theory derived and have since then been manipulated repeatedly. Molested really if you want to be honest about it.

But make no mistake.
    There are gods with little g"s in the Astral bathing in the collective energy of their worshipers and cording them energetically
    Just like a spiritual guru dressed like Buddha would do.

I'm not a fan of religions or spiritual teachers either. Spiritual teachers seem great until they are trying to energetically rape you. Or rape you rape you. Or both.

But....
    For our present situation we
    need Christianity.
    And we need it at its most easily understood and derived form. The faith is all you need form.
    Last edited by DNA; 14th February 2024 at 11:14.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), Matthew (15th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

9. Link to Post #45
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,663 times in 21,149 posts

Lightbulb Re: Christianity vs Spirituality

• I studied this documentary multiple times in the mid 1990s, 30 years ago!
    • Even used parts of it for my lectures and aired it on Local TV Amsterdam 🇳🇱
    I remember me saying (way back): "Every time when I give a UFO Lecture I get harassed by fanatic Christians claiming that "all" UFOs and/or Aliens are "just demons" then I would reply calmly: Have you studied the documentary called: "The Naked Truth"? ... If not, that I wait until you do, then we can talk further, otherwise I am wasting my time hearing the same stuff over and over and over again going nowhere! ... Nowadays am a bit milder see this and this!

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

The Documentary "The Naked Truth" traces the origins of modern religions back to stories from numerous ancient civilizations.

Due to the lack of science and facts, stories were created by our ancient ancestors in provide explanations to the amazing, bizarre, frightening, but natural wonders of the world.

Earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, lightning, hurricanes, and other forces of nature could not be explained such a long time ago, so stories and tales were created by the human imagination to provide answers to these unexplainable natural occurrences.

Today, we know that Egyptian, Roman, Greek, and other mythology originated from man’s imagination to explain the natural world, but are modern religions so different?

Are the similarities between Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, and other saviors and prophets mere coincidences? Or is there a clear and simple explanation that ties all modern religions together?

Pastor Bill Jenkins is the founder and Senior Pastor of Destinyland Christian Center in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. He is a television and radio host, award winning author, and is rapidly becoming known as an Apostle of God with a prophetic voice. He works to release a message of hope in our world, with uncompromising spiritual fervor. Pastor Bill takes on the toughest passages of scripture and explains them in a practical and interesting way. He is the “go-to-guy” when it comes to understanding Biblical numbers and their spiritual significance. A devoted husband and father, his passion is for others to become successful as they apply the principles of Christ.

He also married his beautiful wife Britain in 1998, and they have 3 sons Bryce Brock and Brady. Pastor Bill enjoys spending time with his family and firmly believes that in order to be a leader of any kind you first must be a good leader and a Godly man in your home.

This Naked Truth really answered one of my important questions, why so many Religions if they believe in the same creator God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I was baptised in a Christian church decades ago and then questions came to my mind why there so many religions and being that many which is the number one Religion in the World. Had many questions just no answers that my mind conceived to be the real truth. Jordan Maxwell explained it very simplistic terms and the truth to why and things became much clearer that Astrology is the true Religion just not one Religion will even explore it commonly known as Sin. Now makes full sense in why most of the religions follow Astrology time line which came from the Egyptians just all worded differently or even the same when comes from the Kings James Version of the Bible.

"The Naked Truth" ("TNT") series consists of a one-hour and a two-hour video that delve into the origins of religion, providing some of the important information found in The Christ Conspiracy and Suns of God - Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled.

This unique series is excellent for turning on friends and family to this explosive info. It is also a superb teaching tool for schools and churches, done in a very professional manner with distinguished spokespeople. The series is not a dry, scholarly chronicle, but incorporates relevant and fascinating facts into an accessible and comprehensible format for everyone of all ages and educational backgrounds.

Find out the secrets behind Christianity!

Why are the religious symbols of ancient Egypt almost identical to those of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religions?

Learn how orthodox religious institutions have suppressed these truths to consolidate their power over the masses!

The one-hour version of The Naked Truth is ideal for people on the move, while the long version provides two riveting hours of revelation comparing the ancient texts of the Hindus, Sumerians, Persians and Egyptians with the holy books of later religions, in order to expose:
    The Naked Truth examines centuries-old texts from different cultures that contain the exact same phrases - yet these cultures supposedly never interacted!
    Were ancient pre-Christian texts plagiarized by conspiratorial religious zealots?

We all know it's easier to watch a video than to read a book, and only with a video can we share the experience with friends and family! Many people have had life-changing experiences while watching these videos--they are that powerful in freeing the soul of humanity from erroneous and enslaving ideologies.

The following is an actual, unsolicited testimonial:
    I viewed "The Naked Truth" videos and was "set free" from Christian fundamentalism. I never fit in too well anyway, asked too many questions.... Keep up the much needed and great work!
    William Smith

Watched "The Naked Truth" video. Excellent - loved it! Bravo! I am going to show the stuff to some Muslim friends and maybe open their eyes once and for all... I have been showing it to my friends, and everyone loves it....

Very, very interesting news with this video; gave it to Iranian friend whose daughter goes to church. Making long story short, the church people saw it and several people got up and left, believing this is the work of devil, and several other people stopped going to church. A mini-revolution...!

Showed the videos to several other folks here at work, including a Jew, and they are all saying, "Man this is cool!" I know! I love it!
    Reza P.
    Houston, TX
    <<! edit update-->>
    • Derek Partridge introduces himself, emphasizing his extensive background in journalism, TV, and spokesperson roles for various companies.
    • Discussion on the symbolism and traditions in various religions throughout history, highlighting the complexities surrounding religious symbols like the Holy Grail.
    • Symbolism has been integral to religious traditions, evolving over time from simpler to more sophisticated concepts.
    • The symbolism of Christianity's cup of wine at the Last Supper and the concept of masculine sacrifice are discussed.
    • Reflections on spiritual growth and the role of traditions, rituals, and personal understanding in nurturing a deeper connection with the divine.
    • The video questions the certainty of religious beliefs and their implications on humanity's moral judgment.
    • the diversity of religious beliefs worldwide and the challenges of determining the correctness of one's faith amidst various religious claims.
    • Contrary to common belief, widespread religious practice does not necessarily correlate with societal goodness or decreased crime rates.
    • Critique of religion's history of violence, intolerance, and human rights abuses, contrasting the ideal of love with the reality of religious conflicts.
    • Ancient civilizations created gods and myths to explain natural phenomena and alleviate fear of the unknown.
    • Delving into human origins and the development of religious beliefs, highlighting ancient peoples' attempts to explain natural phenomena and the emergence of diverse mythologies.
    • Humans have historically invented gods and myths to address existential questions and alleviate fears of the unknown.
    • Emphasis on presenting verifiable facts to challenge religious beliefs and encourage critical thinking, advocating for individual exploration and discernment.
    • Despite advancements in technology and knowledge, religious beliefs have persisted, often resisting logical inquiry and scientific advancement.
    • The video urges reevaluation of religious beliefs, pointing out historical atrocities and calling for a focus on factual truth rather than ancient myths.
    • Exploring the historical roots of Christianity within the broader context of Semitic religions, tracing religious lineage from ancient Egypt to modern faiths.
    • Ancient Egyptian celebrations like the Arca Noah marked the arrival of life-giving floods, symbolizing rebirth.
    • Discussion on the significance of the annual Nile flood in ancient Egyptian culture, linking it to themes of chaos, renewal, and rebirth, drawing parallels to Christian baptism.
    • Pharaoh Akhenaten initiated the shift in Egyptian religion towards monotheism, worshipping one god named Amen-Ra.
    • The symbolism of Jesus as the "chief cornerstone" relates to the capstone of a pyramid, evident on the US dollar bill.
    • The Great Pyramid's location in Egypt aligns with biblical references to an altar in the midst of the land.
    • The concept of a "Lamb of God" predates Christianity and is found in various ancient religions, including Buddhism.
    • Parallels are drawn between Horus and Jesus, including their adversaries (Set and Satan) and various life events.
    • There are similarities between Jesus and other historical figures who were purportedly born of virgins, performed miracles, and faced similar fates.
    • The connection between the 12 helpers of the son of god in Egypt and the 12 apostles of Jesus Christ stems from the division of the zodiac into twelve parts.
    • References to astrology in ancient texts like Job point to a deep astrological understanding, challenging modern dismissals of astrology.
    • The concept of the end times in Christianity aligns with the transition from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, symbolized by the man with a water pitcher.
    • Various scriptures in the Bible refer to different ages, suggesting a cyclical view of time and indicating the transition between astrological ages.
    • Ancient beliefs regarding the sun's movements, such as its annual journey through the zodiac, influenced religious symbolism, including the concept of the sun as a source of everlasting life.
    • The cross with a circle, common in church symbolism, represents the sun on the zodiac, not a human figure, highlighting the influence of astrological symbolism on Christianity.
    • The significance of the numbers 30 and 33 in Jesus's ministry aligns with the astrological understanding of the sun's movement through the zodiac.
    • Ancient cultures associated the sun's movements with the zodiac signs, with the story of Jesus's birth and resurrection linked symbolically to the zodiac's transition from Virgo to Leo.
    • Many religious figures, including Jesus, are interpreted as personifications of the sun in ancient mythology, suggesting a common motif across various cultures and religions.
    • The exploration of astrology and ancient texts challenges traditional religious views and underscores the importance of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.
    • The connection between the 12 helpers of the son of god in Egypt and the 12 apostles of Jesus Christ stems from the division of the zodiac into twelve parts.
    • References to astrology in ancient texts like Job point to a deep astrological understanding, challenging modern dismissals of astrology.
    • The concept of the end times in Christianity aligns with the transition from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, symbolized by the man with a water pitcher.
    • Various scriptures in the Bible refer to different ages, suggesting a cyclical view of time and indicating the transition between astrological ages.
    • Ancient beliefs regarding the sun's movements, such as its annual journey through the zodiac, influenced religious symbolism, including the concept of the sun as a source of everlasting life.
    • The cross with a circle, common in church symbolism, represents the sun on the zodiac, not a human figure, highlighting the influence of astrological symbolism on Christianity.
    • The significance of the numbers 30 and 33 in Jesus's ministry aligns with the astrological understanding of the sun's movement through the zodiac.
    • Ancient cultures associated the sun's movements with the zodiac signs, with the story of Jesus's birth and resurrection linked symbolically to the zodiac's transition from Virgo to Leo.
    • Many religious figures, including Jesus, are interpreted as personifications of the sun in ancient mythology, suggesting a common motif across various cultures and religions.
    • The exploration of astrology and ancient texts challenges traditional religious views and underscores the importance of intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.
    • "Manna from heaven" in the Bible possibly refers to mushrooms, with many ancient Semitic fertility cults consuming magic mushrooms in their rituals.
    • The star of David is linked to the star of Saturn, highlighting the connection between Hebrew worship on Saturday (Saturn's day) and Christian worship on Sunday (God's son, the light of the world).
    • Controversy surrounding the Dead Sea Scrolls centers on the control over access to them, potentially challenging the authenticity of Judaism and Christianity.
    • The adventures of Sampson are equated to the adventures of Hercules, depicting a solar myth where Sampson's strength lies in his hair, symbolizing the sun's rays.
    • The blowing of the ram's horn by ancient Hebrews signifies the celebration of God's son, the Messiah, entering his kingdom in the age of Aries.
    • Jerome, a Roman scholar in the 4th century, compiled church teachings into the Vulgate, translating Greek and Arabic texts into Latin, potentially leading to truth distortion.
    • The worship of the golden calf by the Hebrews symbolizes the worship of the sun, representing God's son in the zodiac constellation of Taurus.
    • In the early 1600s, around 300 scholars at Oxford University created the King James Version of the Bible, translated from the Vulgate Bible, followed by the Catholic Douay Version, with notable differences in interpretation.
    • Language has undergone significant changes from 1946 to the present, impacting communication and comprehension, raising questions about understanding ancient texts and spirituality.
    • Interpretive differences arise, like changing "children" to "cousins" in the Catholic version, showcasing distortions and degeneration from the original texts.
    • Semantic shifts in language, evident since 1611, alter interpretations of biblical phrases like "putting on the armor of Christ," reflecting changes in societal values and language use.
    • Understanding ancient texts' contexts and linguistic evolution is crucial for interpreting spiritual blueprints, acknowledging the challenges of linguistic changes over millennia.
    • The speaker emphasizes caution in considering ancient texts as the blueprint for spiritual life due to linguistic and contextual changes over time, urging critical thinking and awareness.
    • Involvement in controversial topics like spirituality and the dissemination of knowledge is driven by the belief in the importance of sharing comprehensive information to improve spiritual quality globally.
    • Jordan Maxwell discusses his involvement in controversial topics like spiritual interpretation, driven by the need to explore the fullness of stories and improve global spirituality, especially amid changing times.
    • High-quality spirituality is seen as essential for high-quality physical existence, with the speaker highlighting the need for moral elevation to address global issues, particularly in the context of changing political landscapes like in the Soviet Union.
    • Maxwell emphasizes the importance of focusing on spirituality over perpetuating myths and wars, advocating for providing resources like Bibles to improve the quality of spiritual life globally.

cheers,
    John Kuhles 🦜🦋🌳

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 16th February 2024 at 10:24.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), Jaak (14th February 2024), Kryztian (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), Open Minded Dude (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

11. Link to Post #46
    Germany Avalon Member Open Minded Dude's Avatar
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,438 times in 649 posts

When I saw Johns recent post I remembered I read this book below many years ago which is in the same vein of 'The Naked Truth'. The sensational title with 'conspiracy' is a bit deceiving because it is a very scholarly written (kind of) academic work with lots of footnotes, vast bibliography and literature links.

https://stellarhousepublishing.com/p...vised-edition/

From there:

"The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold – Revised Edition

Description

The 2020 Revised Edition of Christ Conspiracy includes a new Preface by Acharya, an Editorial Preface by Dr. Robert M. Price, an Appendix by Dr. Christian Lindtner and another by Robert Tulip. Plus, Memorial commentary from Ken Humphreys, Kristyn Whitaker Hood of Mythicist Milwaukee, David Bruce MDiv and Robert Tulip. Also includes an Afterword by N.W. Barker. There’s good reason why this book is still popular after 20 years.

Contrary to popular belief, there was no single man at the genesis of Christianity but rather many characters rolled into one. The majority of these characters were personifications of the ubiquitous solar myth as reflected in the stories of such popular deities as Mithra, Hercules, Dionysus, and numerous others borrowed from Roman mythology and beyond. The story of Jesus as portrayed in the Gospels resembles those of the earlier savior-gods Krishna and Horus. These redeemer tales are similar not because they reflect the actual exploits of a variety of men who did and said similar things but because they represent the same ancient core of knowledge that revolved around the celestial bodies and natural forces called Astrotheology.

In this highly controversial and explosive book, archaeologist, linguist, and mythologist Acharya S/D.M. Murdock marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence to demonstrate that Christianity and the story of Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion. Through such fabrication, this multinational cabal drew on a multitude of myths and rituals that existed long before Christian era, reworking them over centuries into the story and religion passed down today.

Chapters in The Christ Conspiracy 20th-year anniversary revised edition include:

Editorial Preface by Dr. Robert M. Price
    Preface
    Introduction
    The Quest for Jesus Christ
    The Holy Forgery Mill
    Biblical Sources
    Non-Biblical Sources
    Further Evidence of a Fraud
    Physical Evidence
    The Myth of Hebrew Monotheism
    The Characters
    Astrology and the Bible
    The Son of God is the Sun of God
    The Disciples are the Signs of the Zodiac
    The Gospel Story
    Other Elements and Symbols of the Christian Myth
    The Patriarchs and Saints are the Gods of Other Cultures
    The Meaning of Revelation
    Essenes, Zealots and Zadokites
    Alexandria: Crucible of Christianity
    Enter Rome
    The Making of a Myth
    Conclusion
    Bibliography
    Index
    Appendix by Dr. Christian Lindtner
    Appendix by Robert Tulip
    In Memoriam: Acharya S
    Afterword by N.W. Barker

This book contains a table of contents, bibliography and index, and includes over 1,845 citations and 15 illustrations. Primary sources discussed include the Bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, Talmud, Book of Enoch, Gospel of the Hebrews, Gospel of Thomas, Gospel of the Infancy, Epistle of Barnabas and Shepherd of Hermas, as well as Josephus, Pliny, Tacitus, Suetonius, Justin Martyr, Marcion, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Augustine, Eusebius, Porphyry, Celsus, et al.

“I find it undeniable that many of the epic heroes and ancient patriarchs and matriarchs of the Old Testament were personified stars, planets, and constellations.”
    – Dr. Robert Price, Biblical Scholar with two Ph.D’s

“Your scholarship is relentless! …the research conducted by D.M. Murdock concerning the myth of Jesus Christ is certainly both valuable and worthy of consideration.”
    – Dr. Ken Feder, Professor of Archaeology"
    Every day shows its face to me. I don‘t care how it speaks to me. I love every hour.
    I love the old cat who is laughing secretly because she knows all paths.
    - Karat (Jede Stunde)

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Open Minded Dude For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

13. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

The difference between Christianity and Spirituality is the same as between any religion and spirituality.

Religion is a set of predetermined and proscribed precepts that must be and is the unquestioned credo of all its members.
    Religion is dogma.

Spirituality is the recognition of the supernatural by personal agency.

I like to see it as religion is a photograph, spirituality is a painting.
    In this case the photograph is an imaginary picture, a 'snapshot', of a supposed objective reality that a group shares as a belief based on the concept of faith. The photograph is frozen in time and never changes.

The painting is also imaginary but realistic in the sense that it is a subjective rendition based only on direct person experience. The painting is never complete and constantly changes.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), Open Minded Dude (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

15. Link to Post #48
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,855 times in 4,354 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    [I've dabbled in the spirituality game for decades. It's a hamster wheel.
    Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)
    Quote I've dabbled in the spirituality game for decades. It's a hamster wheel.
    What does that mean? "dabbled in spirituality".
    So what have I dabbled in?

- zen meditation
    - astrology
    - psychic readings (perhaps a couple dozen times)
    - hands on healing
    - distance energy healing (various forms)
    - Chakra exercises
    - visualization exercises
    - yoga
    - Astral projection

...and about a million other things I can't think of atm.
    I think I understand where you're coming from now, Mike. You're referring to spirituality as a decree, a system, some rigid list of practices. But it isn't these things. One doesn't 'dabble' in spirituality.

And I'm using a small 's' for spirituality here. It shouldn't be viewed as a noun; it does not describe a 'subject', or an 'object'. Spirituality is a state, a condition; it's a form of action, an expression of existence.

Religion on the one hand means the worship and reverence of God. It promises salvation if one adheres to a strict written code. Spirituality on the other hand is the collected wisdom obtained by one's knowledge of the greater reality, which at its basis includes:

-We are souls that have bodies, not bodies that have souls
    -Our souls are eternal
    -Every soul came from the One Soul which is God
    -The goal is to strive for perfection (follow in steps of Christ)
    -God does not judge us, we must judge ourselves
    -We live many lives and they're not restricted to this planet/reality
    -Spirit is all around us; 'ghosts' are people who have crossed over
    -We are multidimensional, our souls have many facets
    -'sin' is only a sin if we know it's a sin
    -All reality is energy, all energy is vibration
    -Thoughts create reality, and thus form vibration
    -Karma can play out across many life times

Etc, etc... To dabble in spirituality would be to dabble in...knowledge, mindfulness, perception? I don't know what that means. Your list of spirituality 'things' is not spirituality. Spirituality is a philosophy. Chakra exercises and yoga no more describe spirituality as a pebble on a beach describes geography.

If any of this comes across as arrogant or judgmental, I apologise. There may be a reason for this, in that I hold a certain bias (or biases) against organised religion. So I declare that right now, that my conclusions and opinions are coloured by former experience. By that I mean former lives. I can speak to three such lives directly, for I hold the knowledge and the memory within me.

One
    In a possibly unrecorded episode of pre-dynastic Egypt I was elder brother to the pharaoh. He was just a boy, and the chosen successor to our father. Though I was the elder I was only a half-brother; I was the product of a harem fling, and my blood was impure. Yet, I thought myself more deserving of the throne, and proceeded to meddle in my brother's rule (I was a bit of a ****). I had status as a high priest and augur of the gods. I made the offerings, I performed the rituals, I reared animals -- goats, heifers -- and cut their throats to appease those gods... Try to believe me if you can, these gods were not mythical, or imaginary; we in the priesthood communed with them directly. They flew around in the sky in big metal birds.

We thought they were God, but they were not God. They were beings from another place masquerading as Gods and playing us humans for fools. I participated in this illusion (religion), and contributed to the suffering of many.

Two
    A number of years ago I was beset by a terrible nightmare. In the nightmare I witnessed the brutal execution of my best friend (in this life). I watched him burn at the stake (echoing TrumanCash on previous page). On waking I would have a panic attack. I could see in my mind's eye my best friend screaming and going up in flames. It was awful. A couple of years later, this friend I'd known for forty years, confided in me that he'd...been having a dream where he was burning alive. I do believe I went white as a sheet, because I had never shared my dream with him; too weird too horrible.

This friend is much like me. Independent, spiritual, and thoroughly rejecting of religion. To get to the bottom of this mystery he reached out to a psychic on Spirit Web (internet community in early 2000s). He found someone to give him a soul reading. He did not mention his dream or mine to this psychic. However, in this reading an important past life was revealed to him. I don't recall all the details, because he didn't share it all afterwards (such readings are highly personal), but it came to light that in a life long-ago he was a prosperous land-owner. It was England, early middle-ages. He was engaged in a bitter dispute with the church over a deed or a title for a parcel of land. He refused to give up this land even under threat of prison, because it was his land by right; he kept it, he farmed it, he owned it, and refused to recognise the church's authority. Ultimately he was imprisoned, and then tortured. My friend continued to defy them (he's still very stubborn!), refusing to give in to their demands. He did so to the very end when they burned him at the stake for some trumped up charge of heresy.

As his friend and ally the church forced me to witness this as punishment.

Believe it or don't believe it, it makes no difference to me, but me and my friend are both in agreement this was a historical event and really occurred; we possess the shared soul-memory, and the psychic reading rubber stamped it. In our current lives we were both brought up in church-going Christian families, and when we came of age we both (independently) turned our back on that church, because, I believe, subconsciously deep down we were carrying this trauma, caused by the church long ago.

Three
    Lives with the pueblo in the New Mexico region (date unknown). In these lives I forged a new understanding of God, and it was not at an altar, or from a book, but from the land, the air, the rivers, mountains, and animals. I learned that the God-ness in me is the same God-ness in you, in a single blade of grass, and in all the stars in the night sky. It is everything, and everywhere. And yes, we performed 'sacred' rites and rituals, much like religion, but we lived free of ecclesiastical authority. Therefore we didn't have religion per se, we simply had knowingness -- just as the Native Americans have today. That is spirituality, and it's the best answer I can give.

In summary, Religion is being told God is up there somewhere, and you must strive and strive to reach him somehow. Spirituality is to know The Great Spirit/God is within you, and the more 'God-ness' you express through you, in the form of honesty, goodness, decency, and integrity, the more advanced your soul, and closer you get to God.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

DNA (14th February 2024), Ernie Nemeth (14th February 2024), ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), Open Minded Dude (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024), TrumanCash (15th February 2024), Wind (14th February 2024)

17. Link to Post #49
    Language
    Thanks

• How I see it
    (trigger warning, it may offend some people):
    • Christianity (symbolical speaking) represents for me the smile on our faces we show to the outside world and what we want to be and strive for (especially when we think we help others).
    • Genuine Spirituality are the eyes that goes along with the smile that tells/shows you if someone is in pain (or not) when smiling <<< which is not "vague" for me.
    ... and when I'm talking about Genuine Spirituality it is not "new age people" nor new age "groups" of any kind >>> but rather it is universal that resides in all of us.

I know that any Christian can use the: "reverse psychology trick" and claim it is the opposite ... that is why brutal self-honesty is KEY in all this not wanting to "fit in" any dogmatic conditioned programmed group behavior but being the authentic you that works from within!

Most (if not all) Christians really mean well and do not want to do harm nor exploit things, and just want to have a better world like everybody else. So do not see it as an "attack" rather a personal observation I have experienced in real life multiple times.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 16th February 2024 at 19:21.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2024), Matthew (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

19. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Hey John,

I get all that! And I hear you.

Part of my point is, ultimately, this: religion is inevitable.

You used the phrase "genuine spirituality", and if we sat down and fleshed out all the things that makes one genuinely spiritual, the list would slowly grow and grow. New ideas would spawn yet more new ideas, and so on and so forth.

We'd establish what genuine spirituality is and what it isn't. Something resembling rules would emerge.

And soon you'd have some kind of foundation, or structure. Because you can't really have any kind of coherent philosophy or spiritual approach without one.

And once you begin establishing a structure, you have religion, or something resembling it.
    Last edited by Mike; 14th February 2024 at 19:48.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2024), Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    Thanks

Hey John,

I get all that! And I hear you.

Part of my point is, ultimately, this: religion is inevitable.

You used the phrase "genuine spirituality", and if we sat down and fleshed out all the things that makes one genuinely spiritual, the list would slowly grow and grow. New ideas would spawn yet more new ideas, and so on and so forth.

We'd establish what genuine spirituality is and what it isn't. Something resembling rules would emerge.

And soon you'd have some kind of foundation, or structure. Because you can't really have any kind of coherent philosophy or spiritual approach without one.

And once you begin establishing a structure, you have religion, or something resembling it.
    Common sense does not need any religion nor kindness is not forced to be enslaved by religion nor love will be ... they are all qualities that religion want to hijack and trying to monopolize it in such a way that only control freaks have the last word!

A large part of the masses are heavily conditioned that they need "authorities" telling them how to think/feel/act/behave/be etc. etc.
    • This is what I call the: "slave gene".
    To be obedient has its advantages especially if you have a low self-esteem ... you do not have to think for your self anymore ... you do not have to be responsible for your own quality of thinking, just obey, and you will be "appreciated" and rewarded with certain "valuable" privileges.
    • This form of collectivism & conformism can happen in governments, in large corporations, military AND religions ... many similarities of hierarchical mass behavior.
    Abuse of power is inevitable because people can hide behind the excuse "they told me to act/think/reason like that". Any form of "group think" can be hijacked & abused.

Am fully aware that there are people who WANT to be told how to act/be/do/think/feel etc. It gives them "focus" and "less chaos" in their heads! It gives them more psychological comfort, "structure" & discipline they lack.

For all people who have a dire need for this ... know this: "everything that is organized CAN be abused/hijacked/corrupted/manipulated/weaponized!" the moment that happens, you might not want to know due to psychological reasons! ... The longer you are part of that, the less likely you want to get out! >>> Because so much of your life is build around it ("vested interests"). You might even come to the point you do not care how you got there in the first place ... And when the dehumanization of the "other side" kicks in >>> then you might realize it was never about real unconditional love to begin with.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 14th February 2024 at 21:17.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024), Moss Rose (14th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    Thanks

How many people out there that do not trust themselves anymore and need assistance/guidance one way or another.

And that could have many causes:

01. traumatic experiences in the past
    02. losing your father at young age
    03. father that was most of the time gone
    04. father that was an alcoholic and abusive
    05. not having a real mother
    06. not having a safe upbringing
    07. depending on the wrong people for too long
    08. being forced to do things in the past that still haunt you
    09. having way too many setbacks in life
    10. not be able to pay huge debt that limits future prospects severely
    11. having (reoccurring) depressions and/or anxiety issues
    12. being homeless
    13. and on and on and on ...

Vulnerable people that need help often do not know how to ask for help nor how to be at the right places.

So when religion offers (conditional) help they may not mind being "exploited" as it is "nothing" in comparison with what they are at (see the 12 points examples!) ... so OFF COURSE people will request more positive uplifting vibes coming from anyone who wants to offer help! And religion may be the condition to get help! Who am I to take that away from anyone? ... So everything in life are perspectives and seeing things from multiple angles.
    • That is why it is not a given that everybody is on the same "wavelength" discussing religion. All depends on what people need in their lives.
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 14th February 2024 at 23:32.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2024), Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), Mike (15th February 2024)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,843 times in 1,355 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    Generally speaking, I think "Christianity" has evolved into a mostly positive influence on the world today, in spite of the erroneous dogma. I say this from the perspective of one who was burned at the stake during the Inquisition, LOL! Yes, really.

After growing up with Christianity I was labeled a "blasphemer" and a "devil worshipper" for even mentioning the subject of past lives, which most modern day Christians reject.

After recovering the memories of many past lives and working with abductees/contactees who are followed from lifetime to lifetime by abducting Grays, Mantis, Reptilians and Anunnaki/Elohim, who were actually ETs in flying saucers masquerading as "gods" or as "the one God", I have a unique perspective on the Bible and Christianity from a firsthand viewpoint.

Unfortunately, the Bible has been mistranslated and misunderstood so that has led to various conflicting Christian sects. For sure, there are sociopaths and psychopaths in all religions and that is due to the machinations of the human-looking Anunnaki/Elohim establishing religions with embedded secret societies that practice secret blood-letting, blood-drinking, human sacrifice rituals behind very closed doors while presenting a benevolent facade of which most religious people are unaware.

Christians practice the innocuous mirror of these rituals with the Eucharist wherein they drink the (symbolic) blood of "Christ" (wine or grape juice) and eat a cracker symbolic of the body of Christ. This was originally practiced in Egypt in relation to the fertility "god" Osiris. When the Nile rose and fertilized the grain fields, most Egyptians made ale and made crackers representing the body of Osiris in this fertility ritual. Unbeknownst to the common Egyptians was that the dark side of this ritual was carried out secretly in the Great Pyramid by sacrificing a human being and drinking her blood.

"Christ" originally meant "anointing" and was the fertility ritual practiced in the Middle East thousands of years ago wherein a sculpture of a penis was smeared with oil. In some places a full-size statue with erect penis was mounted by a virgin female. Also, the word "Hell" was never in the Bible; it was originally "Gehenna" a place on the outskirts of Jerusalem. "Hell" was originally the Nordic Goddess of the Underworld. (So how the hell did a Nordic Goddess make it into the Bible?)

Both the Old and New Testaments are based on the machinations of the Anunnaki/Elohim presenting both a light (positive) and dark (negative) side. This was presented in the form of a video documentary "Zeitgeist" and my independent research revealed these were the false "gods" which also included "the one God" concept of a head male "father" God sitting on a throne in the clouds, etc, (e.g., Ptaah in Egypt). Ra was the Son/Sun of God (Ptaah).

If you look at the symbolism in the New Testament it most definitely parallels the Egyptian fertility "god" Osiris, which includes the Eucharist, the cross, the sun/son rising on the third day of the winter solstice (e.g., "Christmas"), good vs evil, dark vs light, sacrifice, etc, etc. In the Middle East there was a ritual that was practiced wherein an animal such as a bull or lamb was laid on a grate with a human underneath. When the animal was slain the person underneath was literally "washed in the blood of the lamb".

Personally, I like the definition of "god" in Galatians--"God is Love". And in reaching far down the time stream in my own past I discovered that, yes, spiritual Love was and is our native state. However, Jordan Maxwell indicted that the phrase was mistranslated and it was actually "God is Jove", which would indicate that "he" was one of the nefarious Anunnaki/Elohim.

Ironically, the Old Testament states: "Ye are Gods". In denial, Christians often state that well, yes, but that's "gods" with a small "g" not "God" with a capital "G" (a concept that I find rather cringe-worthy).

Nevertheless, from my viewpoint and research, this defines the difference between the religious dogma of Christianity and the positive "spiritual" state of Love, which does not function on dogma, but on a positive/benevolent state of being as an individual.

Perhaps the Jesus/Yeshua fellow really walked the Earth and perhaps he was an ET. I say this due to a video documentary that Bill Ryan posted on Avalon THE FRIENDSHIP CASE – THE EXTRAORDINARY STORY OF MASS ALIEN CONTACT (2014).

These ETs live in a constant state of spiritual Love and I highly recommend watching this video if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/cG30Zu7eHeLA/

Hey Truman,

I'd likely have burned during the Inquisition as well, believing in reincarnation and all. And that's only one of my crimes I'm trying to make an argument for Christianity, but I'm a pretty poor Christian myself.

I read all that with great interest, and finished with a depressing realization that I have quite a lot to learn. I'd like to see you and Shaberon chop it up for a few hours.

Curious: why do you think Christianity is mostly a positive influence on the world today?
    In spite of all the erroneous dogma and the fact that there are all kinds of "Christians", I think that generally speaking Christians have a positive standard of morals, family-oriented, more conservative, etc. However, Christians are not perfect as the case in any religion. There are the "Chrinos" (Christian in name only), of course. There is not the radical, violent component that is present in some Muslim sects. The concepts of the Jesus/Yeshua example is more peace oriented and the emphasis on love and forgiveness is an important factor.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2024), Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th February 2024), Mike (15th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024), Sadieblue (15th February 2024)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    [I've dabbled in the spirituality game for decades. It's a hamster wheel.
    Quote Posted by Casey Claar (here)
    Quote I've dabbled in the spirituality game for decades. It's a hamster wheel.
    What does that mean? "dabbled in spirituality".
    So what have I dabbled in?

- zen meditation
    - astrology
    - psychic readings (perhaps a couple dozen times)
    - hands on healing
    - distance energy healing (various forms)
    - Chakra exercises
    - visualization exercises
    - yoga
    - Astral projection

...and about a million other things I can't think of atm.
    I think I understand where you're coming from now, Mike. You're referring to spirituality as a decree, a system, some rigid list of practices. But it isn't these things. One doesn't 'dabble' in spirituality.

And I'm using a small 's' for spirituality here. It shouldn't be viewed as a noun; it does not describe a 'subject', or an 'object'. Spirituality is a state, a condition; it's a form of action, an expression of existence.

Religion on the one hand means the worship and reverence of God. It promises salvation if one adheres to a strict written code. Spirituality on the other hand is the collected wisdom obtained by one's knowledge of the greater reality, which at its basis includes:

-We are souls that have bodies, not bodies that have souls
    -Our souls are eternal
    -Every soul came from the One Soul which is God
    -The goal is to strive for perfection (follow in steps of Christ)
    -God does not judge us, we must judge ourselves
    -We live many lives and they're not restricted to this planet/reality
    -Spirit is all around us; 'ghosts' are people who have crossed over
    -We are multidimensional, our souls have many facets
    -'sin' is only a sin if we know it's a sin
    -All reality is energy, all energy is vibration
    -Thoughts create reality, and thus form vibration
    -Karma can play out across many life times

Etc, etc... To dabble in spirituality would be to dabble in...knowledge, mindfulness, perception? I don't know what that means. Your list of spirituality 'things' is not spirituality. Spirituality is a philosophy. Chakra exercises and yoga no more describe spirituality as a pebble on a beach describes geography.

If any of this comes across as arrogant or judgmental, I apologise. There may be a reason for this, in that I hold a certain bias (or biases) against organised religion. So I declare that right now, that my conclusions and opinions are coloured by former experience. By that I mean former lives. I can speak to three such lives directly, for I hold the knowledge and the memory within me.

One
    In a possibly unrecorded episode of pre-dynastic Egypt I was elder brother to the pharaoh. He was just a boy, and the chosen successor to our father. Though I was the elder I was only a half-brother; I was the product of a harem fling, and my blood was impure. Yet, I thought myself more deserving of the throne, and proceeded to meddle in my brother's rule (I was a bit of a ****). I had status as a high priest and augur of the gods. I made the offerings, I performed the rituals, I reared animals -- goats, heifers -- and cut their throats to appease those gods... Try to believe me if you can, these gods were not mythical, or imaginary; we in the priesthood communed with them directly. They flew around in the sky in big metal birds.

We thought they were God, but they were not God. They were beings from another place masquerading as Gods and playing us humans for fools. I participated in this illusion (religion), and contributed to the suffering of many.

Two
    A number of years ago I was beset by a terrible nightmare. In the nightmare I witnessed the brutal execution of my best friend (in this life). I watched him burn at the stake (echoing TrumanCash on previous page). On waking I would have a panic attack. I could see in my mind's eye my best friend screaming and going up in flames. It was awful. A couple of years later, this friend I'd known for forty years, confided in me that he'd...been having a dream where he was burning alive. I do believe I went white as a sheet, because I had never shared my dream with him; too weird too horrible.

This friend is much like me. Independent, spiritual, and thoroughly rejecting of religion. To get to the bottom of this mystery he reached out to a psychic on Spirit Web (internet community in early 2000s). He found someone to give him a soul reading. He did not mention his dream or mine to this psychic. However, in this reading an important past life was revealed to him. I don't recall all the details, because he didn't share it all afterwards (such readings are highly personal), but it came to light that in a life long-ago he was a prosperous land-owner. It was England, early middle-ages. He was engaged in a bitter dispute with the church over a deed or a title for a parcel of land. He refused to give up this land even under threat of prison, because it was his land by right; he kept it, he farmed it, he owned it, and refused to recognise the church's authority. Ultimately he was imprisoned, and then tortured. My friend continued to defy them (he's still very stubborn!), refusing to give in to their demands. He did so to the very end when they burned him at the stake for some trumped up charge of heresy.

As his friend and ally the church forced me to witness this as punishment.

Believe it or don't believe it, it makes no difference to me, but me and my friend are both in agreement this was a historical event and really occurred; we possess the shared soul-memory, and the psychic reading rubber stamped it. In our current lives we were both brought up in church-going Christian families, and when we came of age we both (independently) turned our back on that church, because, I believe, subconsciously deep down we were carrying this trauma, caused by the church long ago.

Three
    Lives with the pueblo in the New Mexico region (date unknown). In these lives I forged a new understanding of God, and it was not at an altar, or from a book, but from the land, the air, the rivers, mountains, and animals. I learned that the God-ness in me is the same God-ness in you, in a single blade of grass, and in all the stars in the night sky. It is everything, and everywhere. And yes, we performed 'sacred' rites and rituals, much like religion, but we lived free of ecclesiastical authority. Therefore we didn't have religion per se, we simply had knowingness -- just as the Native Americans have today. That is spirituality, and it's the best answer I can give.

In summary, Religion is being told God is up there somewhere, and you must strive and strive to reach him somehow. Spirituality is to know The Great Spirit/God is within you, and the more 'God-ness' you express through you, in the form of honesty, goodness, decency, and integrity, the more advanced your soul, and closer you get to God.

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing all that fascinating info! I read it with great interest, particularly the past life details. I do believe what you said. I take that quite seriously. As I've said here already, I also believe in reincarnation. I'm not a proper Christian by any stretch, and likely never will be. But it might be said that I "feel the call of the holy spirit" these days, and it's got my gears going a little.

I don't view Christianity just as a rigid list of practices, though that is certainly part of it. There's 2 elements to religious phenomena - there's the spiritual element and the dogmatic element. And both are necessary. Ulli referenced this a little.

The spiritual element is less constrained by belief and dogma and the rest. It's more informed by emotion, instinct (the holy spirit), aesthetic experience, and so forth. And I'd include several of the descriptions you provided above in your list as well. We're not totally at cross purposes here; there is definitely some overlap.

In fact I think I pretty much agree with all of it, and it's the best description I've heard of spirituality so far.

The dogma, essentially, provides the structure. Dogma basically means agreement, and there has to be some kind of mutually agreed upon underlying ethos for any kind of spiritual approach to be coherent and useful. In other words, it has to have distinctions. Without clear distinctions, it flirts with meaninglessness.

Religion often turns people's stomachs because they feel it's too ordered, too dogmatic. And perhaps they're right. I'm exploring how I feel about all this right here and now, in this thread, and remain conflicted. But you can't get away with zero dogma, I know that much. Dogma is order.

Spirituality without the order/dogma becomes something like a conceptual amoeba...to me anyway! Maybe some people can live with that sort of fluidity, but I can't. I don't think most people can. If the world was full of Mark's I'd feel pretty relaxed and confident; with or without a distinct spiritual framework I trust you to act in good faith. But generally speaking, I don't trust humanity without the framework of religion.

There's some balance between order and fluidity I'm grappling with here. And it's giving me a f'ing headache

I now totally understand why you feel the way you do. It's a deeply sensitive topic, even without the past life experiences. You know I have great respect for your mind, but we're bound to crash into each other from time to time on this one. All good!
    Last edited by Mike; 14th February 2024 at 22:39.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

DNA (16th February 2024), Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), ExomatrixTV (14th February 2024), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th February 2024), Open Minded Dude (15th February 2024), pounamuknight (14th February 2024), TrumanCash (15th February 2024)

29. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,388 times in 4,091 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)

The law started with 10 laws, then that expanded to 613, then Jesus came and chaged the covenant. Be a better person but as a conviction from the Holy Spirit, not pursuit of laws. The law has failed every human except Jesus, it doesn't work.
    I'll try and elaborate better later
    In terms of the Bible here are some quotes that show the character of what I'm trying to saypreach:
    Galatians 3:10 ESV
    For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

Romans 6:14 ESV
    For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
    Because we can't do it. God's standard is too high.
    James 2:10 ESV
    For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.

And all of 1 John 4:7 onwards
    God Is Love
    7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14

We fail but God's love is greater than that. Instead of the sinners going to hell it's just the prince of this world. It's often overlooked in the new testament:
    John 16:11
    concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
    So not only are we spared by our faith we're given the Holy Spirit. The kindest King of Kings. So it might sound contradictory but we are despicable sinners, but that's only what the prince of this world cares about. God knows but is well above that with His divine love and forgiveness, and demonstrates it by adopting us as his children in spectacular fashion public across all space and time in all dimensions with the crucifixion. Far out.

This is my summary of Christianity expressed in terms of the Bible, of why the law is a curse, and we should live by the Holy Spirit. If you're not sure ask God from the secret place, although we are all already on a constant open call to God.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (27th February 2024), Mike (14th February 2024)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,982 times in 8,422 posts

@DonnieDarkened has raised the biggest contention of our time with David Icke.

David Icke was the much more relaxed and experienced speaker causing what I heard as a very important point ( but tanged up a bit too much in questionable dogma) by Donnie Darkened to get bypassed and lost.

Whoever titled this video clip didn't help either.

I've just listened to a very good interview with @DonnieDarkened where he gets his points made much more clearly.

Canary Cry Radio - Trump the CHRIST Rising - @DonnieDarkened - CCR 175

The rise of progressivism with a radical leftist agenda has been the target of the conservative right wing for over a decade led by the United States. But as conservative populism reaches critical mass worldwide, the deceptions woven within what we’ve labelled here as the Alt Media Industrial Complex, requires much discernment, especially Christ centred discernment.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (4th March 2024), Mike (28th February 2024), Miller (28th February 2024)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3