1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,620 times in 21,143 posts

Exclamation A Warning to Everyone re Online Scammers

• A Warning To Everyone:

I wouldn't think you could wear your sunglasses on a passport or driving license.
    • And now imagine hundreds of thousands (100,000s) of SCAMMERS worldwide using A.I. Tools mostly from India having 1.4 Billion people living there ... that are 4 times more people than all people living in the USA!
    cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th March 2024 at 11:45.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

EsmaEverheart (24th March 2024), gini (25th March 2024), happyuk (24th March 2024), Matthew (26th March 2024), Miller (24th March 2024), Nasu (25th March 2024), Rawhide68 (24th March 2024), Vangelo (24th March 2024)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 times in 645 posts

Default Re: A Warning to Everyone re Online Scammers

Scary nowdays how easy it is in these times to fake almost anything, and even 3D print firearms!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (24th March 2024), Matthew (26th March 2024), Miller (24th March 2024), Vangelo (24th March 2024)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,643 times in 20,707 posts

Also see this recent coverage, and other posts on the older thread about online scamming. Online scamming is out of control and very little is being done about it.:
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Pig Butchering Scams: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
    LastWeekTonight
    9.43M subscribers
    Feb 29, 2024

"John Oliver discusses a popular internet scam, why it’s easier to fall for it than you might think"

(This humorous approach to a very serious subject is a good way to introduce one's self to a very depressing reality if you are not already aware, that is, just how many scamming crimes are being committed globally today (largely via the Internet), and the alarming rate at which that phenomena is growing.
    Scamming has become a part of the business of human slavery as well, as more and more hapless people looking for work are being conscripted into criminal endeavors against their will, and are unable to resist due to threats on their lives.
    A large part of the reason that these organized criminal businesses are flourishing is that the victims are too humiliated and ashamed to go public with disclosures about how they were fooled into compliance and/or coerced into becoming active participants.
    So the average person is still largely unaware of how serious a situation this is becoming, and how many different forms these various scams can take, which only makes the problem worse. )
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (25th March 2024), Matthew (26th March 2024), Vangelo (25th March 2024)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,385 times in 4,091 posts

My friend's mum got a call from someone/thing with the voice of my friend, asking for emergency money because "she lost her phone". It wasn't my friend though. Leading up to this my friend got a series of strange blank calls where there would be silence and she'd say "Hello? Hello? Is anyone there?" etc. Go figure.

True story.

But if you can't figure it out let me explain: it's likely the strange calls were just an opportunity for a scammer to train an AI to mimic her voice while she spoke into the silence. Then when the scammer rang her mum they used an AI voice tool which transposed the scammers voice in realtime into my friends voice, or otherwise made the AI speak out text they typed using text to speech and the mimic voice. I imagine the scammer was someone who knew them though, but still - this is what scamming is now days.

We are living in science fiction, but not the shiny flying cars version; we get the Mike Pondsmith version with corrupt AI and arson clown cults.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (26th March 2024), onawah (26th March 2024), Seeclearly (26th March 2024), tessie999 (26th March 2024), Vangelo (26th March 2024), Vicus (26th March 2024)

+ Reply to Thread