+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Riots Explode in Egypt As People Protest Against The Government!!!

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: Egypt/Tunisia...overview/update

Quote Posted by jcocks (here)
    I concur. As soon as I read that the presidents' wife, children, grand-children, along with all the countrys' richest most infuential families have all fled the country on their private jets for places such as the US and UK, the hairs on my back stood up. I believe this is something *MUCH LARGER* than just a nations' people who are fighting for freedom.
    don't forget massive gatherings with Swine and Bird Flu human cases...

2. Link to Post #62
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

Default Re: Riots Explode in Egypt As People Protest Against The Government!!!

Mubarak has been Washington's man in Egypt for 3 decades

It's high time that the Egyptians kick out the minions of TPTB

3. Link to Post #63
    NinjaPhil

I'd definitely agree that there is more going on here than the surface level. Jcocks, you've hit the nail on the head as far as noting the top class fleeing the country, this IMO is a clear indicator that something else is happening here. I wonder what the real story is?

4. Link to Post #64
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

Did anyone else catch this - the Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt just said LIVE in a TV interview with Sky news "We believe that Jews have the same human rights as us - they are our cousins."
    He also said a bunch of stuff about Sharia law, women and was generally very moderate.

I'm off to eat my hat.

That was probably the most important thing I have heard in a loooong time. I know it's Sky, but he said that. And the mad thing was, the news interviewer didn't draw out its sigificance at all.

What's happening here???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bodixa For This Post:

bluestflame (3rd February 2011)

6. Link to Post #65
    Australia Avalon Member Adrian86's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy Questions about the Egyption riots

As a result of not paying much attention (if at all) to the news media as of recent, I have seemed to evade understanding the underlying reasons for the Egyptian riots and would like to know more.

Would some sort of 'problem, reaction, solution' type scenario be playing out before us? for example: would the violent nature of such protests lend energy towards implementing 'unforeseen' political schemes by hidden intelligences? if so, what? and what other implications may come to mind?

Stepping to the side somewhat, From viewing a selection of various videos on the topic, I only managed to see the violent nature that many individuals possess, and that such violence proliferates like a contagious mob mentality disease.

Why do people feel so inclined to strike out violently towards their fellow man? What is the goal or the end game in the minds of the protesters? and why did many feel it was necessary to attain such goals by throwing rocks at each other?

I'm sorry if these questions have been covered in other parts of the Forum and if my inquiry comes across as ignorant as a result.

~Adrian

7. Link to Post #66
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,761 times in 21,549 posts

Quote Posted by Etherios (here)
    well old dial up modem will only work in an established network... they wont cut our home net line they will cut the ISPs ... so using dial up doesnt change the fact that isp will be dead. Dial up will only work if we know ip addresses of site etc and IF they dont block the DNS servers that relay the infos.

So dial up is not a good solution to the "net cut". Tho telnet connections or mircs that run on private server "might" run. For many years now all internet is rooted/given from isp with out them ... there should be private ppl with knowledge and equipment... and courage to oppose the "net cut"
    This analysis seems confused to me. Dial-up replaces the link layer; so long as you have a dial-up ISP still in operation and still connected to the rest of the world's Internet, then you can use it in place of your current high speed ISP. They will provide routing and DNS as do any ISP.

The key, in Egypt's case anyway, was having the long distance number of a dial-up ISP in some other country that was still on the air.

From what I read, this was indeed working for some people in Egypt, demonstrating that it was a solution to their "net cut." Slow and expensive, but works, if you can get a land line connection to a working provider and pay for it all.

8. Link to Post #67
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,761 times in 21,549 posts

Default Re: Egypt/Tunisia...overview/update

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    If you look at the Tunisian uprising, it's a youth uprising. It is the youth that knows how to use the media, Internet, Facebook, so there are other players. And I do not believe that the US or Israel will set the tone. There's no way a foreign agency could or would be involved. Governments never engage in regime change especially with the the Egyptian youth.
    I don't see a useful way to persuade anyone here to change their view on this, but I did want to register my disagreement with your statement that: "There's no way a foreign agency could or would be involved."

My understanding is that there is a long history of "foreign agency" involvement in such matters. I'd wager they are involved here as well, in substantial ways.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

modwiz (1st February 2011), RedeZra (2nd February 2011)

10. Link to Post #68
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Egypt news Feb. 1st Army will not use force against its people

11. Link to Post #69
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by bodixa (here)
    Did anyone else catch this - the Leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt just said LIVE in a TV interview with Sky news "We believe that Jews have the same human rights as us - they are our cousins."
    He also said a bunch of stuff about Sharia law, women and was generally very moderate.

I'm off to eat my hat.

That was probably the most important thing I have heard in a loooong time. I know it's Sky, but he said that. And the mad thing was, the news interviewer didn't draw out its sigificance at all.

What's happening here???
    Jews and Muslims have a long history of peaceful, respectful coexistence. Cousins who started out as half-brothers. It is the zionists that the Muslims do not like and vice versa.

Some people think this is splitting hairs. Wrong, not getting it splits people who are not natural enemies. This is the old divide and conquer crap at work.

Muslim Brotherhood would like to lead a faithful but modern Egypt.

That the media let this little bit of truth out is what is amazing.

If that was your point all along........................Nevermind!

12. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

so mubarak is not running again. my friend is safe and sound, but is a little wigged out. it was pretty hectic getting out, they ended up in dubai instead of the uk...and had to leave her cat in egypt...

13. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheCougarandEagle For This Post:

anikohu (4th February 2011), Anna (4th February 2011), Hiram (3rd February 2011)

15. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCougarandEagle For This Post:

Anna (4th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #73
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Not going so well....

Egypt crisis: protesters killed as gunfire breaks out in Cairo
    At least five people have been killed in violence that erupted in Cairo's Tahrir Square overnight, with supporters of Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak opening fire on anti-government protesters.
    TelegraphPlayer-8300293
    7:00AM GMT 03 Feb 2011

Comments

The Egyptian military has had the square ringed with tank squads to try to keep order, but the troops did not intervene to prevent the deadly shootings.

"Most of the casualties were the result of stone throwing and attacks with metal rods and sticks," Egypt's health minister said.

"At dawn today there were gunshots. The real casualties taken to hospital were 836, of which 86 are still in hospital and there are five dead," Ahmed Samih Farid told state television.

"People are too tired to be terrified," Al Jazeera television quoted a 33-year-old woman in the square as saying.

But she said protesters who launched an unprecedented challenge to Mr Mubarak's 30-year-rule last week would not give up. "We cannot go back at this point."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-Cairo.html

So far casualties are pretty low but this represents an escalation. Hopefully it gets better; we should send our support so that it DOES get better . Just visualize

Cheers,

Aldous
    Last edited by Gone001; 3rd February 2011 at 09:09.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gone001 For This Post:

fifi (5th February 2011), ThePythonicCow (4th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #74
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Quote Adrian86 said
    Stepping to the side somewhat, From viewing a selection of various videos on the topic, I only managed to see the violent nature that many individuals possess, and that such violence proliferates like a contagious mob mentality disease.

Why do people feel so inclined to strike out violently towards their fellow man? What is the goal or the end game in the minds of the protesters? and why did many feel it was necessary to attain such goals by throwing rocks at each other?
    The protest had been peaceful right up until the pro government supporters organized themselves and charged at the anti government protesters.

It was reported on Al Jazeera that police id's had been found on some of the pro government supporters.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ponda For This Post:

fifi (5th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #75
    Switzerland On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Default Re: Egypt protests: America's "SECRET BACKING" for rebel leaders behind uprising!

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    [B][SIZE="2"]PS - "PRESIDENT Hosni Mubarak has ordered Egypt's government to resign and vowed to bring in democratic reforms," Yeah Right, you've been in Power for 30 years Overseeing this Corruption and I've got a Bridge in Sydney I want to sell you!!!
    I feel ya on this! I was finishing my study at the University when the clown took office 8 days after President Sadat was assasinated on October 14, 1981! This brings back bitter memories as I remember seeing the news clip of the assasination. It was clearly as setup from this clown's handlers. Another puppet of the hidden hand like his friend Sadamn! This guy has been in power under Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr and now Obama. This should be interesting how this plays out on the stage.

Peace
    “To be or become a master is to be or become something other than the Flow; something other than the Present Unfolding. It’s actually to move in the wrong direction.”

22. Link to Post #76
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Default Re: Egypt Feb. 2nd 2011

Please visit https://projectavalon.net/forum4/faq....shipguidelines and reread our guidelines on posting.

Quote Posted by Guideline B 6.3
    “Naked” links, i.e. links without summary text, should be avoided, as most members do not have the time to blindly research such links.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Post:

bluestflame (4th February 2011)

24. Link to Post #77
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Mubarak's "Security" Forces Drive Through the Crowd = From about 40 thru to 60.
    Not for the sensitive

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

AlkaMyst (4th February 2011), fifi (5th February 2011)

26. Link to Post #78
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Mubarak's "Security" Forces Drive Through the Crowd = From about 40 thru to 60.
    Not for the sensitive

Truly pitiful behaviour.
    We are not right because we are mighty, we are mighty because we are right.

Never fail to question what other men take on faith.

Abashed the Devil stood, and saw how awful goodness is, weeped, and pined his loss.

27. Link to Post #79
    Netherlands Deactivated
    Thanks

There's a fascinating row on BBC news 24 right now over the fact that some of those stirring up the trouble were found with military and police ID cards on them. The BBC seem certain this is true, but the interviewee is insisting he needs to check his sources...

the plot thickens...

David Cameron knew something when he made that statement at No. 10 with Ban Ki Moon (probably dodgy)

(Ok the interviewee is Dr Ibrahim Kamel, he's a Mubarak supporter.. Gen sec of NDP - he is claiming it is a conspiracy driven by the West and western media)
    Last edited by bodixa; 4th February 2011 at 10:18.

28. Link to Post #80
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

http://cryptome.org/info/egypt-fights/egypt-fights5.htm

this needs to stop now before more suffering
    Last edited by The One; 4th February 2011 at 12:05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast