+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: NeiKung - amazing demonstration of Chi

1. Link to Post #41
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Default Re: NeiKung - amazing demonstration of Chi

I love doing Chi kung and Tai-chi. I also do Yoga (I teach Yoga). For me the diferent techniques complement each other. I'm always experimenting new things. Lately I'm learning Tai-chi with Saber.
    Because I don't like to take any kind of medecine, except herbal teas...I found out that mantras do work for me. The sound is a powerfull tool for healing as I found out working with tibetan bowls. Sound massage clears energy blockages.

This text bellow iis my 2 cent contribuition for this thread. My friends I hope you find it usefull .

Mantras are particular subtle sound vibrations capable of liberating the energy and consciousness from matter.

Chanting of mantras is also a way of meditation which, just like meditation, helps in lowering the consumption of oxygen by our body, decreasing the respiratory rate, increasing the flow of blood in our body and lowering our heart beat, clearing energy blockages within our body thereby giving us tremendous power, increasing tolerance for exercise in heart patients, deepening the level of relaxation, controlling hyper-tension, reducing anxiety by lowering the levels of blood lactate, decreasing muscle tension or any pain that is caused due to any tension like headaches, building self-confidence, reducing pre-menstrual syndrome in females, helping in post-operative healings of patients, improving the luster of our body , reducing the activity of those viruses which cause harm to our health and in emotional distressing.

Regular chanting of mantras increases serotonin production in our body- a hormone which influences our mood and behavior. An inadequate supply of serotonin in our body can lead us to a state of depression and can also cause obesity, insomnia and headaches. It can help us in resolving the deepest of neuroses, fears and conflicts which cause ill-health and stress in us. It also increases the activities of natural killer-cells which help our body in destroying many types of harmful bacteria as well as cancer cells.

From a yogic perspective mantras are sounds from the ancient language of sanskrit.
    This is not a spoken language and it is not the meanings of the words and their effect on the intellect that make mantra so powerful. Mantra is the unspoken language of the heart.

The vibration evokes the clearing of energy blockages and cleansing of nadis or energy channels. An example of this is seen in the word Rama. Rama is also the sound of a chakra {manipura} and the yogis had knowledge of the word Rama in its different capacities long before Rama was born. Mantras pre-date religion; they represent the link between with individual nature and the divine.

Mantras can be short single words or tones or grouped together. For example Om Namashivaya or Aum. The Gayatri Mantra (or universal prayer) is longer as is the Mahamritanjaya Mantra (or healing mantra). Both these mantras can be chanted daily 11 times as a Sadhana (spiritual practice).

"Music fills the mind with sattwa (balance). Music generates harmony in the heart. Music melts the hardest heart. It softens the brutal nature. Music comforts, soothes and cheers the afflicted. It comforts the lonely and the distressed. Music removes worries, cares and anxieties. It makes you forget the world. Music relaxes and elevates. Music should be treated as yoga. True music can be tasted only by one who has freed himself from all taints of worldliness, and who practices music as a sadhana for Self-realization." Swami Sivananda Saraswati of Rishekesh.

Kirtan is the chanting of mantra. It is done to music, with rhythm and the feeling of 'bhava'. Bhava is the feeling or emotion of purity, devotion and uplifted spirit. Together mantra, music and bhava can transport us to a transcendental experience. The experience of no mind, just pure awakened energy merging with consciousness. In this experience we are set free. Emotion can be channeled into the singing of kirtan and transformed into a stream of calm clarity. Nam means name and nam kirtan is the chanting of the names of the divine. This is so powerful it can cleanse the mind and bring us to a stillness inside in a very short time. The singing of mantras is a practice of Bhakti Yoga.

Kirtan is the chanting of the different mantras and nam kirtan is the chanting of the different names of the divine {or self}, for what are we but divine? The chanting of kirtan assist us to recognize our divine nature and helps us to align with that vibration. It transports us into a higher state of consciousness.

GAYATRI MANTRA

Om Bhur Bhuva Swaha
    Tat Savitur Varenyam
    Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
    Dhi Yo Yo Nah Prachodayate.
    Simple Translation - "O thou existence Absolute, Creator of the three dimensions, we meditate upon thy divine light. May he/she stimulate our intellect and bestow upon us true knowledge

MAHAMRITYUNJAYA MANTRA

Om Tryambakam Yajamahe
    Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam
    Urvarukamiva Bandhanan
    Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat
    - We Meditate on the Three-eyed reality which permeates and nourishes all like a fragrance. May we be liberated from death for the sake of immortality, Even as the cucumber is severed from bondage to the creeper.

NAMASTÉ
    Last edited by MariaDine; 30th January 2011 at 18:07.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), Hitchy (18th September 2020), ktlight (1st June 2011), nearing (21st May 2012), nomadguy (24th May 2012)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), Lord Sidious (26th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

The sounds/sections噓 XU [pronounced like 'she,' with the lips rounded] - 'deep sigh' or 'hiss' - Level the Liver Qi
    呵 HE [pronounced like 'huh'] - 'yawn' or 'laughing sound' - Supplement the Heart Qi
    呼 HU [pronounced like 'who'] - 'to sigh,' 'to exhale,' or 'to call' - Cultivate [or Shore Up] the Spleen/Pancreas Qi
    呬 SI [pronounced like 'sir'] - 'to rest' - Supplement the Lung Qi
    吹 CHUI [pronounced 'chway' or 'chwee,' depending on locale] - 'to blow out,' 'to blast,' or 'to puff' - Supplement the Kidney Qi
    嘻 XI [pronounced like 'she' with tongue high, and well forward, in the mouth] - 'mirthful' - Regulate the Triple Burner Qi

All syllables are pronounced on a level tone - the so-called first tone (regardless of the dictionary pronunciation of each word); typically all but the fifth sound are sustained - the fifth sound may be sustained, or pronounced quickly and forcefully.
    Last edited by MariaDine; 30th January 2011 at 19:10.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), ktlight (1st June 2011), Lord Sidious (26th February 2011), Maria Stade (9th March 2011), Nortreb (26th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

Another video of jiang doing his thing

Jiang is putting "fire" in the lower field of this student to aid his progress. You can see the trepidation on the gentleman's face before it starts because he knows it's going to hurt. It does.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), Maria Stade (26th February 2011), MariaDine (28th February 2011), seko (22nd May 2012), witchy1 (22nd May 2012)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Hybrid5226's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Witchy1!
    Another very interesting video on you tube is Buddha Boy.If you have not seen it already .

A documentary was done on his meditation because he went without food an water past the point that they say is humanly possible .

They decided to keep a camera on him to determine if at anytime he was getting food an drink unnoticed.

Peace,
    Erin

10. Link to Post #46
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Thanks Erin, don't spose you have a link handy???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member Hybrid5226's Avatar
    Thanks

Part 1 of 5 on Buddha Boy Documentary

https://youtube.com/watch?v=v29clGMWU84

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hybrid5226 For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), ktlight (1st June 2011), witchy1 (26th February 2011)

14. Link to Post #48
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

I find this all VERY interesting, so you nuggets better cough up quick!

Seriously now, I have found the same vid in the first post but higher quality and one more too.

And someone who says he is a student of John Chang.

I haven't seen this one yet.

15. Link to Post #49
    Switzerland On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Great dialogue on Energy.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this post!

Peace
    “To be or become a master is to be or become something other than the Flow; something other than the Present Unfolding. It’s actually to move in the wrong direction.”

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nortreb For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011)

17. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Tai Chi has a combatative, sister art called Wing Chun. I've been a practicioner of Wing Chun (Ving Tsun etc) for about ten years. The practices are synergious to each other; “this exercise will build your root, this your sensitivity.” When you practice Wing Chun you do certain exercises to improve different areas. Some of the exercises look rediculous because they have seemingly no combat (fighting) value. These are practices that have been carried through, or modified from Tai Chi practices. Through my practice, I've learned things here and there about Tai Chi. My teacher (sifu) was an active practitioner Tai Chi as well as Wing Chun.

The backbone of the Wing Chun combat system is the 'sticky hands' method. If you were to see a WC practicioner spar you'd see what I mean (though it may be too fast for the unkeen eye). The hands stick to the opponents hands. The reason for this is to 'read' their energy. This is where the 'sensitivity' aspect comes in and I don't mean emotional sensitivity.

There is an exercise that we start all our beginners on, 'don chi sao' (single arm, sticky hand).You have to have your arms from the elbow up, almost 'floppy' and you have to stay relaxed (the strength to block punches comes from the position, and 'root' of the elbow). Now, that sounds simple but it goes deep. Once you have the ability to read people, you notice a torrent of tension which works for your advantage.

Anyway, don chi sao consists of a push/pull exercise. The pressing towards the opponents solar plexus with a very, very slow palm strike. The receiving apponent has their hand almost flopped over their opponents upper forearm (fook sao, controlling arm). Once the reciever allows the strike to reach a certain area, the energy is harnessed (via the elbow) and redirected accordingly. The arms are constantly touching. Both practicioners are focusing on many things, the foremost being the point of contact on the skin. When you feel the slightest movement you must match that speed, not faster, not slower. This practice is what develops your ability to read your opponent. Eventually you move on to 'shaun chi sao' (double arms, sticky hands) and after years of practice the ability to read people is amazing.

While sparring, I have experienced, along with dozens of others, what seems like flashes of your opponents thoughts. It's one of those 'happens time to time' kinda things, just a flash but you can always take advantage of it. It is literally knowing what they are going to do before they do it. My sifu would joke around and say, “I can read your mind, you know.” I often wonder how much of a joke that is.

The most fascinating phenomenon I've noticed was a form of self healing. A long time ago I used to get those nasty little warts on one of my hands. I had a prominent wart on the joint of my thumb, and two others behind my index, and ring finger knuckles. On two different occasions I had the one wart on my knuckle frozen off, I still have the scar. It came back both times though. As soon as I was skilled enough to practice shaun chi sao, all of my warts went away instantaneously. It was like turning off the kitchen lights, it was amazing. It was literally like the next day. I can't explain it, I can't prove it, and I don't give two ****s if anyone believes this or not. It is a prominent source of evidence for me personally, and a contributing reason for my ongoing research in the esoteric realm.

Tai Chi is in the classical Chinese sense the master art. That is, Wing Chun is for people that fight with fists and feet, Tai Chi (in the classical, theoretical Chinese text) uses energies unseen by the human eye (chi). A master wouldn't have to touch an aggressor, they would direct energy to knock them back or whatever they deem necessary. By in large, Tai Chi in todays society is a meditative form of exercise to encourage health and wellness, you'll be hard pressed to find a Tai Chi fighter in mma. However, if someone was to tell me there is a hermet Tai Chi master somewhere that knows (what I refer to as) the lost form of Tai Chi, I truly wouldn't be that surprised.

I have a theory on Tai Chi's hidden power:

1.) Most of the stuff you see on youtube is bs.

2.)One of WC's precepts is directing foreward energy towards your opponents centerline. I can feel where peoples energies are going, they're erratic. A lot of people press against my arms to get away from them, it's a natural humanistic response to being in an uncomfortabe position. It takes a long time for people to unlearn this, but it is vital. I've tried a so many different techniques to teach people this forward energy, it just takes time. One thing I've noticed that works for nearly everyone is a visualization technique. I tell them to visualize their energy as heading through their arms and towards my centerline, you have to aim it. The change is often instantaneous, I immediately feel a better energy. This truly will be hard to understand without me showing the reader personally.

This example, coupled with the healing and mind reading events are somewhat a form of evidence for me personally that some of the legends of Tai Chi masters may be true.

EDIT: I'd like to add something for the martial artists of Avalon. I'm also an on/off practitioner of Goju-Ryu karate which has an extremely similar (in appearance) push/pull exercise. They are not similar in energy. The two arts view combat theory differently, so the practice takes two different routes.
    Last edited by Strat; 28th February 2011 at 18:03. Reason: I'm a perfectionist
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

christian (20th October 2011), Dawn (19th December 2011), Ramdass528 (11th March 2011), seko (22nd May 2012)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Jiang has a site, it was down for a while but it is back up now, enjoy.

http://www.medicalbuddha.com/

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), Lord Sidious (10th March 2011), Maria Stade (9th March 2011), witchy1 (22nd May 2012)

21. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Another link on jiang doing treatment for Malaysian royalty.

http://shaolinyijinjingmsia.blogspot...-sembilan.html

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

Dawn (19th December 2011), witchy1 (22nd May 2012)

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

This video hopefully will be useful to you in understanding the conceptual principals behind john chang's power. I have no problem with anything said in the video. Enjoy

https://youtube.com/user/11fausti...24/dOxVll2unqo

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

25. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Another John chang video

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 times in 806 posts

http://www.ksd21.com/

The original founder of above meditation organization demonstrated many years ago to withstand in fire about eight minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1010631274_kuk1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	6786  

28. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

A useful exercise in physically establishing a vacuum in the lower field.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

ktlight (1st June 2011), loveandgratitude (19th April 2011), Nortreb (19th April 2011), witchy1 (22nd May 2012)

30. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

master jiang's website for his clinic in Kuala Lumpur

http://www.c-h-i.com.my/
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

31. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,638 times in 18,693 posts

''Amazing '' we are all powerfull ' Wonderfull Human creators' only problem 99.9% of us don't realise it......'YET' !......Cheers Steve

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Connecting with Sauce (18th December 2011)

33. Link to Post #59
    Netherlands Avalon Member Trail's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 times in 267 posts

For some reason í've stubled upon YELLOW BAMBOO. wich is supposedly teaching how to cultivate Chi and doing extraordinary things with it.

I found it via the site posted by bluestflame http://wn.com/john_chang__nei_kung wich is dedicated to John Chang.

It was a video called 'The Yellow Bamboo challenge (1/4): Do you accept?':

link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=O0Zkbobp3cA

Wich led me to:
    FULL Levels 1&2

link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=XcGwp...eature=related

There are 12 levels but the full 12 level course costs 199 pounds.
    I'm arranging to get my copy of the 12dvd set and am planning to give it a good try.
    I need to get fit anyway.

~Trail.
    Last edited by Trail; 26th June 2011 at 02:27.
    Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past. ~Maurice Maeterlinck
    Its a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn’t want to hear. – Dick Cavett

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trail For This Post:

meeradas (22nd February 2013)

35. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

breathing and having a focus in the mind can do many things, a natural ability all humans have, we just don't remember. tai chi meditation is a good place to start for those who want to learn to use their own chi.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

seko (22nd May 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast