+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast

Thread: What can you teach.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default What can you teach.

Hey all I decided to start this post as a chance for us to become unstoppable. All of us have talents and gifts of our own. Some we can teach, some we can't, but if there is something you can teach, post it here. We can then set up threads on the various topics that we can teach so that we can increase our knowledge and own abilities. My hope is that this will allow us to become what we were intended to be. So if you have something to teach whether it's math or astral projection, I don't care post it here and I'll sign up for your class.

Thanks.

Accounting: Lifesong
    Alternative Healing: Arrowind
    Aura Viewing: 9eagle9, kerbie
    Buddhist Meditation: 10over7
    Canning: EsmaEverheart
    Chinese: cayman
    Crafts: frangpanni
    Creative Philosophy: Fractalius
    Community Oganization: Kindling
    Computer Skills: xbusymom
    Cooking: celt, Ides315, zelda
    Coping with Dyslexia: celt
    Coping with Sexual Imbalance: Jendayi
    Counseling: LiveFree
    Dehydrating Food: EsmaEverheart
    Drawing/Painting: DawgBone
    Dying w/natural materials: xbusymom
    Emergency Planning: Muzz
    Empathic Abilities: Adaiahsshadow
    Engineering/ Basic: Ides315
    English (some are from foreign languages): pwn_thyself, Ace, Icecold, Dale
    Finding Beauty: Celine
    French: Ace
    Geography: Icecold
    Geometric Art: Jendayi
    GPS: Ides315
    Healing Mental Paths: conk, vibrations
    High Yield Rice Farming: rolodge
    ICT: Icecold
    Japanese: pwn_thyself
    Knitting/Crocheting: EsmaEverheart, LiveFree, EasternViolet
    Lao (Language): pwn_thyself
    Laugh, How to: frangapanni, SKIBADABOMSKI
    LoomConstruction: xbusymom
    Lucid Dream Healing: Adaiahsshadow
    Making a difference: Celine
    Mandrin (language): pwn_thyself
    Mapping: Ides315
    Math: Adaiahsshadow, Icecold
    Moving through states of consciousness: magicmanx
    Organ (Instrument): DeBron
    Organic Gardening: ConstanceNeal, EsmaEverheart
    Organizational Skills:xbusymom
    Parkour: kerbie
    Past Life Regression: Arrowind
    Patience: xbusymom
    Pattern Making: EsmaEverheart
    Piano: DeBron
    Proper Diet: conk, frangapanni, Arrowind
    Quilting: Lifesong
    Read Music: KosmicKat, DeBron
    Reality Creation: de rien
    Resolve: Shezbeth
    Rubber Stamp Art: LiveFree
    Sax (Instrument): DeBron
    Science: Icecold
    Self Acceptance: Jendayi, xbusymom
    Sewing: xbusymom, EsmaEverheart
    Spanish: zelda
    Spinning (Craft): xbusymom
    Taoist Alchemy: bearcow
    Thai (Language): pwn_thyself
    Weaving: xbusymom
    Work with Youths: Lifesong
    Workout Outline: celt
    Writing: Dale
    18th Century Technology:LostSoul

Alright this is what I've been able to put together so far. If I've missed anyone or wrongly classified you please let me know and I will make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks Again Everyone
    Last edited by Adaiahsshadow; 29th January 2011 at 23:35.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Adaiahsshadow For This Post:

10over7 (28th January 2011), 58andfixed (31st January 2011), Alliamber (27th January 2011), Arrowwind (29th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), Bright Garlick (29th January 2011), Castaneda (28th January 2011), daddy fishwick (29th January 2011), Gone002 (27th January 2011), happyexpat (3rd February 2011), Icecold (27th January 2011), InCiDeR (2nd February 2011), IronicDestiny (9th February 2011), Jendayi (30th January 2011), kasee (29th January 2011), kerbie (27th January 2011), Kindling (31st January 2011), KosmicKat (27th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011), MargueriteBee (28th January 2011), oldeyes (30th January 2011), Pamela (27th January 2011), penn (29th January 2011), pimpom (30th January 2011), rolodge (6th February 2011), shadowstalker (2nd February 2011), sheddie (29th January 2011), Yoda (27th January 2011), zelda (28th January 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: What can you teach.

Im not sure if this is what your looking for but i have been told im a good cook. i could pass on some recipes etc. to be honest though you would find some of them online. i could also help create a workout timetable, if thats what your into.

celt
    (most of the people on this site are very smart and have a wide skills base)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gone002 For This Post:

Alliamber (27th January 2011), pinkfrost (29th January 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 times in 309 posts

the one thing i can share is a set of geometric drawings i made over the period of one year
    it was an intens phase in my life where i made these drawings/mandala's on a day to day basis..
    often i would be in trance while making these symbols.. afterwards, many people have told me these drawings affect them in ways words could never do especially if meditated upon..
    and they seem to be portals to certain information.. i humbly share these drawings for everyone to view..
    they are on my own website and if any of the mods feel it's inapropriate to link to my site in this post, please feel free to edit this post and remove the link..
    a picture says more than words though..
    here are the links:
    http://www.jendayi.nl/?page_id=98
    http://www.jendayi.nl/?page_id=354
    other possible skills i will share in a later post.. first i am curious to know how people feel when looking at these drawings..
    the image below is called "Tribute to the Divine Goddess" and symbolizes the return of the divine feminine
    please meditate on this as this is my way of communicating concepts that cannot be put in words..
    these are not for sale so there is no self promotion going on here, just a genuine wish to help people through art..
    let me know what you think/feel (PM is fine, i am not looking to make this thread about me or my work.. just felt right to share)
    namaste...
    Last edited by Jendayi; 27th January 2011 at 10:25.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (29th January 2011), anikohu (28th January 2011), Arrowwind (29th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), Dennis Jonathan (28th January 2011), Gajanana (27th January 2011), IronicDestiny (9th February 2011), Kindling (27th January 2011), penn (29th January 2011), s3nru (27th January 2011), sheddie (29th January 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by celt (here)
    Im not sure if this is what your looking for but i have been told im a good cook. i could pass on some recipes etc. to be honest though you would find some of them online. i could also help create a workout timetable, if thats what your into.

celt
    (most of the people on this site are very smart and have a wide skills base)
    Anything is helpful. Though I don't do most the cooking in my house, however I'd be more than happy to share the recipes with the one who does. So more than happy to hear them. As far as them being on the internet, those are usually generic and people tend to tweak them when they are their own, which adds to the mix. So overall, yeah I'd love to hear them. As far as the workout thing don't have a problem there, my son keeps me pretty active, however I'm sure some will find it useful.

Thanks

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adaiahsshadow For This Post:

Gone002 (27th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jendayi (here)
    the one thing i can share is a set of geometric drawings i made over the period of one year
    it was an intens phase in my life where i made these drawings/mandala's on a day to day basis..
    often i would be in trance while making these symbols.. afterwards, many people have told me these drawings affect them in ways words could never do especially if meditated upon..
    and they seem to be portals to certain information.. i humbly share these drawings for everyone to view..
    they are on my own website and if any of the mods feel it's inapropriate to link to my site in this post, please feel free to edit this post and remove the link..
    a picture says more than words though..
    here are the links:
    http://www.jendayi.nl/?page_id=98
    http://www.jendayi.nl/?page_id=354
    other possible skills i will share in a later post.. first i am curious to know how people feel when looking at these drawings..
    the image below is called "Tribute to the Divine Goddess" and symbolizes the return of the divine feminine
    please meditate on this as this is my way of communicating concepts that cannot be put in words..
    these are not for sale so there is no self promotion going on here, just a genuine wish to help people through art..
    let me know what you think/feel (PM is fine, i am not looking to make this thread about me or my work.. just felt right to share)
    namaste...
    Actually I think it's an excellent addition. I do have one question though, can you show other people how to express themselves in the same way? If so, I'd love a lesson. I can draw myself, but mostly all I draw is still lifes. I'd be very interested in adding any skill I don't already have though.

Thanks

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adaiahsshadow For This Post:

heretogrow (28th January 2011), kerbie (27th January 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

good to be a "jack-of-all-trades , master of some "

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Alliamber (27th January 2011), BrianEn (28th January 2011), katewilliams79 (28th January 2011), Linden (29th January 2011), LiveFree (27th January 2011), SKAWF (27th January 2011), write4change (27th January 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Well since people are actually noticing this thread, I guess I'll post what I can teach. I can teach mathematics, lucid dream healing, (although I can't teach lucid dreaming, sorry), I can teach someone how to be empathic, (and have taught a few people already), I've also studied religion for the past 15 years, (though I haven't gone to great depths in any particular one). I'm sure there is a few other areas, but I'll leave the list at this for now to see if anybody is interseted.
    Last edited by Adaiahsshadow; 27th January 2011 at 11:10.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adaiahsshadow For This Post:

Gone002 (27th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Adaiahsshadow (here)
    Actually I think it's an excellent addition. I do have one question though, can you show other people how to express themselves in the same way? If so, I'd love a lesson. I can draw myself, but mostly all I draw is still lifes. I'd be very interested in adding any skill I don't already have though.

Thanks
    Yes i could actually.. i will see if i can make some sort of presentation on how to do it.. additionally, these shapes and patterns can also be applied in gardening/landscaping and even in building when converted to a 3d image.. funny thing.. i accidently looked at one of these drawings while wearing transparant 3d glasses and the geometry popped out of the drawing in the reversed order i drew them.. i'll get back to you..
    namaste..

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

Gajanana (27th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

What a nice bit of synchronicity.

I had just set aside an hour to allow myself the time to make my first post on the avalon forums. It was going to be titled "my present to the avalonians" or something to that effect and I was going to offer the chance to teach anyone that was willing to listen. There is a small catch though; whilst I don't want payment for my tutoring, I would like a trade. I would like to learn something new from each person that I teach and to be able to film an interview at the end of our training.

A little about me and what it is that I do(I've copied and pasted several articles and websites so forgive me for bad formatting, grammar etc, I had an early start at work and am feeling tired too) :

First to get an idea of who I am and my achievements in the last 6 years particularly, I would ask you to read the following links:

Kerbie In Iceland https://youtube.com/watch?v=e74KfY-wsjw

Storm Iceland Parkour Camp https://youtube.com/watch?v=latY8LuUU4c

UrbanFreeflow Iceland Parkour Camp https://youtube.com/watch?v=2FsvUzrQO84

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3177883/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1414383/

http://www.streetstunts.net/wiki/John_Kerr

http://www.fanforum.com/f26/john-ker...mous-62795934/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2007/...rdianspecial22

Parkour:

Parkour is the concept of using one’s own strength, speed, agility and skill to overcome obstacles and barriers. It can look dynamic and explosive from one perspective, yet fluid and graceful from another. It can be complex and difficult in one movement, but simple and direct in the next. It is an efficiency discipline that helps one explore their new awareness of owning a body, a vehicle, and maintaining it. It encourages exploration of not only one’s environment, but one’s own instinctive fears and rationality. The tool is found in the skills of discipline, self awareness and respect for your environment. The body is a machine of cause and effect, impression and expression, creation and destruction. It is a personal tool that can be used to help one save time on his journey and catch that bus or train that he always misses. Yet it could be the difference between life and death in a situation of disaster. The tool can be acquired in the skills needed to be strong and fast in both mind and body.

The efficiency tool draws its roots from Method Naturelle; a french military discipline in which movement should be efficient, purposeful and effective whilst looking fluid, natural and effortless for the athlete performing them.

It also takes inspiration from the teachings of Bruce Lee, The Movies of Jackie Chan and the spirit of the martial art student; to learn to be useful in mind, body and spirit.

My plan:
    To set aside one evening a week to travel to central london. Whilst there, I will teach parkour for free to anyone that wants to train, I will try to answer as many questions as I can and I will stay there until the last person is ready to go home. All I ask for in exchange is that you teach me something new, anything at all. If you don't feel like you can teach me something new, don't worry, you won't be excluded as I'm doing this for fun more than anything else.

If you're serious about training then fantastic.

A small note:

This is not an advert. It is a genuine offer that just happens to be my first post. I'm not doing this for money, I already make enough doing what I do. I intend to contribute to all discussions on the forum.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kerbie For This Post:

Alliamber (27th January 2011), b3w4re (27th January 2011), bluestflame (27th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), Hiram (28th January 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (30th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011), penn (29th January 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Well since people are actually noticing this thread, I guess I'll post what I can teach. I can teach mathematics, lucid dream healing, (although I can't teach lucid dreaming, sorry), I can teach someone how to be empathic, (and have taught a few people already), I've also studied religion for the past 15 years, (though I haven't gone to great depths in any particular one). I'm sure there is a few other areas, but I'll leave the list at this for now to see if anybody is interseted.
    Adaiahsshadow,

I hope you don't mind creating a thread about how to develop the skill of empathy (if that is even possible to teach it via threads like these) as it is one of the many skills people would need to develop to cope with our rapidly changing times. If that happens, I am an eager student

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rolodge For This Post:

Alliamber (27th January 2011), b3w4re (27th January 2011), Flash (28th January 2011), jeannacav (28th January 2011), katewilliams79 (28th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011), sepia (28th January 2011), zelda (28th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member frangapanni's Avatar
    Thanks

I can teach you how to laugh! This forum is serious stuff and one can become overwhelemed at times. so take some time to laugh a little. A friend sent me this

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE
    1930's, 40's, 50's,
    60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered
    with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps , not helmets on our heads..

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight. WHY? Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem

We did not have Play stations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms.

WE HAD FRIENDS
    and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We would get spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping pong paddles, or just a bare hand and no one would call child services to report abuse.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts
    and not everyone made the team.
    Those who didn't had to learn
    to deal with disappointment.
    Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility,
    and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!

22. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to frangapanni For This Post:

anikohu (28th January 2011), Arrowwind (29th January 2011), bluestflame (27th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), BrianEn (28th January 2011), Charlie Pecos (27th January 2011), Dennis Jonathan (28th January 2011), Ernie Nemeth (27th January 2011), Gajanana (27th January 2011), Gardener (31st January 2011), GoldenYears (31st January 2011), goldmother (6th February 2011), heretogrow (28th January 2011), Icecold (27th January 2011), IronicDestiny (9th February 2011), jeannacav (28th January 2011), LiveFree (27th January 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011), mina6 (28th January 2011), penn (29th January 2011), pinkfrost (29th January 2011), Roman195 (29th January 2011), romina (28th January 2011), Rosco1 (28th January 2011), Sebastion (27th January 2011), selinam (28th January 2011), SKAWF (28th January 2011), tonymo (5th February 2011), zelda (28th January 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

The picture is very cool. I was a bit skeptical when I was reading the text, but when I stared at the image I just tranced out. The image was dancing and moving around. Good stuff. If you could do something like that with more neutral colours, I'd love to have a giant one on my wall.

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rolodge (here)
    Adaiahsshadow,

I hope you don't mind creating a thread about how to develop the skill of empathy (if that is even possible to teach it via threads like these) as it is one of the many skills people would need to develop to cope with our rapidly changing times. If that happens, I am an eager student
    I'll admit it may be a bit difficult, but possible yes. I'm not sure if a thread format would be the best way though, because it requires a lot of one on one communication. However I was thinking I could work with a few at a time and they in turn could teach others, while I teach a few more. That to me seems like the best method, however I'm open to suggestions.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I love the art of Parkour!! is there anyone in holland who could teach this?

something else i can teach is how to deal with lust, sexual imbalances and male/female interaction dynamics.. especially from a male perspective (i have had many of my human brothers burst into tears after a one on one session delving into the sexual aspect of the male psyche)
    furthermore i know the principals of quantum healing and even what i call "quantum surgery".. don't know how to share this yet but perhaps this thread will activate something..
    i'm open to it!
    namaste..

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

b3w4re (27th January 2011), IronicDestiny (9th February 2011), magicmanx (27th January 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I'll admit it may be a bit difficult, but possible yes. I'm not sure if a thread format would be the best way though, because it requires a lot of one on one communication. However I was thinking I could work with a few at a time and they in turn could teach others, while I teach a few more. That to me seems like the best method, however I'm open to suggestions.
    I can lucid dream, but would love to learn more about lucid dream healing. Wanna trade tips?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to kerbie For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (27th January 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kerbie (here)
    The picture is very cool. I was a bit skeptical when I was reading the text, but when I stared at the image I just tranced out. The image was dancing and moving around. Good stuff. If you could do something like that with more neutral colours, I'd love to have a giant one on my wall.
    thanks... and bless you for going beyond your sceptisism...
    anything is possible.. for instance only the lines which could be transferred to a wall with an overhead projector and then coloured in to ones own liking..
    i'll see what i can come up with..

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kerbie (here)
    I can lucid dream, but would love to learn more about lucid dream healing. Wanna trade tips?
    Well I can lucid dream, otherwise I couldn't lucid dream heal, lol. However it is somewhat random and I can take it from there when it does, so I'd love some tips on how to induce it more and would love to trade skills. PM me with what you got and we can go from there.

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Actually does anyone know if you can use the chatrooms to set up private chats with say 3-4 people?

32. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

anyone in need of lessons in english. thai, mandarin, lao, or japanese- let me know!

-dougie

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pwn_thyself For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (27th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), pinkfrost (29th January 2011)

34. Link to Post #20
    France Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 times in 288 posts

Hello.
    I could teach you french, if you like........
    Je pourrais vous enseigner le français, si vous aimez ........

Kind regards
    Ace

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ace For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (27th January 2011), Brandie (27th January 2011), IronicDestiny (9th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast