+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast

Thread: Personal Experience with Utopian Concepts

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Default Re: Personal Experience with Utopian Concepts

On a simple one to one level this is looking at the macro level of assessing and collecting taxes for the mutual good of society/civilization.

w4c... I'd prefer to not go into any community with the word "taxes" in our vocabulary. If we're going to shift the paradigm, don't take taxes or any concept of taxes with you, please. Words are important; they encapsulate concepts. If you're going to bust open the box, take chicken soup with you, not taxes LOL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

modwiz (1st February 2011), mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011), wolf_rt (2nd February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

Truthseekerdan,

I cannot thank you enough for posting the Stein explanation. There is nothing I disagree with and I share parallel experiences in many ways. I have not clicked on his presentation yet but I will after writing this.

It makes me more convinced I was brought here for a reason. Had I met him or his work sooner, I would have gone there. My instant reaction is that while he is right in everything he says on this clip, the universe is going to send multiple ideas of cocreation to insure the survival of diversity. One of the things I would fear from such a big group is its visibility. Having not yet read their plans, those of us not going to the underground cities and survive will be met by those people once they emerge and they will emerge with everything that has already failed. They will go for the big groups first.

I have two thoughts on the underground cities: I think I know people who think they will go there and these people generally dislike and distrust one another. Imagine them living underground for a couple of years together? Based on some things found, this may have been tried in the ancient past and failed for the same reason: these people could never form community. Thus, my goal is to take 36 somewhere. And to enable other groups of around that number to do the same.

Learning from his knowledge and mine will be all good. Like him even though I am old, I was born for this and I have seen myself active and happy surprisingly healthy at 95 so if I do this right I get another manifestation in this lifetime. I have already lived three and have been actively looking at how I would choose. If I die no big deal, I died trying and I would like to leave some stuff to those who might make the future. All forms of knowledge.

I mentioned Steve Winn by name because he recently did a round of interviews on CNN and is one of the destroyers now telling other people how they must live in austerity. BS This man was raised as the son of a liquor store owner. He has limited education and fancies himself as a self made man instead of someone who used Mike Milken with junk bond letters of credit to finance his original fantasies. He is the classic case of not what you know but who you know and is too stupid to know what he does not know. Mike Milken made a billion dollars in illegal fees. He was fined 400 million by the SEC and he did 2 years in minimal security jail. Raise your hand if you would go to jail for 2 years if you could keep 600 million dollars. He was a test case to see what the American people would tolerate as financial fraud. After him came the S and L debacle which was people in the know getting monstrous loans without even having a feasibility study while those not in the know carried on their normal business practices and were destroyed by the crooks who then bought their projects for pennies on the dollar.

What Steiner alludes to but does voice is that the PTB created this financial mess knowing this was coming and used a lot of this disappeared money to build these underground facilities etc. Their last plan is that since much of China may survive: is to kill them off with war as a final solution to the Anglo Saxon Mission.

Small prepared groups might sustain themselves long enough for the big guys to finally finish each other off. That is my goal.

I am off to read his stuff and will be back and continue my story because it does show both sides now. And for the first time I realize how different this site is and I feel safe here. When I first came I want to bring tons more people immediately but after hanging out here---Stein and others have been around a while putting this information out there. Now is the time to act but it does not require a spotlight. One of the things we know is that in the past highly spiritual people were highly secretive and for just reasons. I do not know if that is a good thing or not this time around but it bares thinking about.

Again my deep appreciation for your very informative post that is so appropriate now and in this place.

Doodah, I hope you start your animal thread. If you do PM me.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

58andfixed (2nd February 2011), GoldenYears (3rd February 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd February 2011), mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011), steven69 (6th February 2011), truthseekerdan (2nd February 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Doodah,

I hear what you say about taxes. the reason I put that there is the ridiculous way we have gotten here financially in this country because no one wants to pay taxes. Taxes alone is not the issue -- it is what do you get for them.

Most middle class Americans given the reality of 50% in taxes for free education, free childcare, universal health care, and a months vacation and sick leave would be by far happier.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

GoldenYears (3rd February 2011), modwiz (2nd February 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote I think groups of around 36 could go off to some places and make it. I think like minded people could survive in the Postman scenario but not in Mad Maxx which will go back to the stone age.
    The right people and the right climate. The closer you are to a year round growing climate that does not threaten an minimally/unclad body with hypothermia the less you need to depend on technology. Eskimo parkas and mukluks are a technology you would die without.

Climate is really important to keep stress low and joy high.

8. Link to Post #25
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Cracking stuff write4change: nothing like wisdom from experience. I would definitely like to discuss it with some of my friends

There is already a lot of material here, so just some initial thoughts:

I've never felt drawn to the "go off over the horizon and live in a perfect community" dream... some sense in me tells me that it doesn't matter where I go, I take me with me. There are certain intangible links to community that are hard to forge from scratch.... especially from intellectual ideas rather than environmental need... whoever we are we have got there by being who we were before. And there is all sorts of set pathways and behaviours that make it a struggle to beat our own past behaviours to live in a new way

Your observations about men are so amusing they must be accurate (or is it so accurate they are amusing?) LOL yes we just need something useful to go off and do and keep us out the way so we can't mess everything that's important up.... perhaps men are god's way of making sure women don't have the spare time to get bored? We can make quite decent gardeners and craftsmen so its not a complete loss

OK, moving along.... my focus therefore, being as its not finding a "perfect" community, is reform of the broken community I've found myself in... I see the times ahead as about the challenge of transition.... its generally a truism that adults over the age of 30 find fundamental change very challenging.... they might be able to adapt to a certain extent, but really changing their patterns is a tough one. Transition therefore means there needs and limitations need to be considered while allowing social change to occur. Young adults are a different matter, and children, especially under 11, are the real hope. I consider these issues a lot, and its promising where I am, we are moving towards sustainability and resilience... its taken the old consensus reality to break up for that to start to come through though, and other towns are far further behind. I'm very aware we are on an event curve... if we can't make the curve, a lot of people are going to suffer and die. I'm committed to doing all I can to avoid that. Some think its not possible and try to look ahead... I understand that, but I also understand that considering disaster (preferably postman to mad max, agreed) inevitable is also feeding disaster in that we didn't place our energy into heading it off but in surviving that... no judgement there, it is a genuinely tough choice and people must follow their hearts. I believe we can see what is important, care for the old, nuture the young, and live usefully as adults... if we can release what is toxic and unhealthy and holding us back.... chiefly greed and self pity... in this I must trust to consciousness as my ally

Anyway, this post will do for making a start looking forward to learning more

John

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John White For This Post:

mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011), NancyV (5th February 2011), steven69 (6th February 2011), write4change (1st February 2011)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Okay, I am getting revvvvved up. Guys like to do the talking etc. They bond by working side by side. They bond with women by talking or making love face to face which to them is both being vulnerable and being threatened. We note these things because they will have to be dealt with. If you believe there is a geological or galactic event coming on the magnitude of what appears to be past history you will not survive with out coming to community. We need to know what each of us does well and bring that to bare while we brain storm with others.

When I reviewed Stein's site I realized that I had run into this in the last 18 months, and I felt I would not be selected. One of the things, I have personally learned is that you only take people on who bring stuff on their plate to the table. In using his recalculator it would cost at least a million to build his way for 36 people. People are going to have to bring a least 100,000 to join his group. Consensus is bonded by having a stake in it.

I want to be able to do it faster and cheaper. He has been doing this for a decade. It is only recently that I realized there would a physical event prior to this I thought it would be total economic and political collapse which I felt I could survive. Getting totally subterranean requires thinking.

So guys to the site: where would you go. I have checked out some place in Ecuador where a small American Intelligentsia have gone and I think they will survive. If they are not part that faces three days in the sun. that third of the earth burns to a crisp. Does anyone have any idea if they know where that is going to be? Can it be researched? Three days in the sun with 30 degree increase in heat would be tough. I have felt 120 once in Vegas area but not for long. Do you want to survive in this country or any country? Then Ecuador might still be a really good choice. And it would take a year to get all the paper work done for many.

What I had come up with was building housing like some of these earth ships I have seen on this site. I have some plans and it is on the internet. Some Japanese students built one in 24 hours. I have to hunt to post it. But before you see it--- think in terms of filling up tubes about two feet in diameter with a mixture of dirt and cement and then winding them up and around like a beehive. Natural insulation against both the heat and cold. If I was to go to Ecuador I think they would work because those area survived in the past. Unique, cheap, and can be very beautiful and flexible. Women sculptors tend to thinks in terms of additive sculpture. Like taking chicken wire and building a basic shape and then putting clay on it and molding the clay. Not carving something out of stone.

18 wheel shipping containers are now cheap. Could you buy some of those and then mound lots of dirt over them. Could you dig out the earth and then set them down in the holes and then mound over them.

The kind of people attracted to my kind of thinking will be bootstrappers. We might have made and lost money in the past. But everybody who is not going down in the government corporation cities has to be into completely changing the paradigm.

I wanted to throw out some different ways of thinking before I get back to the problems. Stein in Utah is not having any problems because he is building while underground--he is still building in the corporate manner. It is just the corporate culture of thinking is different. I think everything has to be different to succeed.

One of the things I know about the states, is doing anything none corporate immediately attracts suspiciousness and resistance. Everything has to begin in the states with acknowledging that and being prepared to cope. There is almost no where that you can build anything without permits, regulation, etc. That is one of the things I got focused on getting around.

One his site he talks about new fangled energy sources. Out of my frame of reference. You guys need to check it out or hold out to the universe we find some people who are interested in checking it out.

Japan is not going to make it at all but I have read that they have the best solar cells around. My inclination would be to pick up some young Japanese who are interested in this and have them bring their knowledge or their solar panels. Bury the panels during the incident and dig them up afterward. How far is electro magnetic ism going to penetrate the earth?

What we have is Wade Frazier and Brian O'Leary for real consultation if we get to seriously doing this. So these are things you think about in your mind while I continue this story.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

modwiz (2nd February 2011), mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011), Sol Va (3rd February 2011)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

QUOTE: doodah" This wasn't my idea of community either... They aren't integrated in themselves to oneness let alone be shunted into a crowd of other un-integrated people.

Exactly. So how do we find integrated people who want to form community?

The same old tired response. We have to begin to change inside of ourselves first. ...lol. True though.

I've always viewed this as 'If I can become as whole as possible, its going to vibrate out and I will attract wholer people." So I still have a wound in me somewhere that attracts co dependency even if I am not a co dependent myself. I finally determined I NEED to help people (for the wrong reasons) regardless of all other circumstances so I draw in needy people. Why I need to help people is the wound i have to fix. It's not related to need at all its expressed that way. It's actually a guilt wound. So clearing out that sort of clutter helps a lot. For everyone. Not that the expectation is you can only join the community if whole, but perhaps put out the goal that the community will draw in people who are willing to integrate and learn to be whole? Doing core belief work within the community to achieve this would bring the community closer together as wounds are shared and healed.

As I write this I am realizing that working communties of old, like the Native Americans had a centralized person--a medicine person-to help people fix their 'spirits' on an emotional and mental level. I would suggest that any community have the same sort of resource. They also served as an impartial mediator. A very good medicine person is not going to pamper people's egos but compell them to wrestle it .

Shall we do an experiment? Start another thread, make up a questionnaire, and see what responses we get? I'd be rather curious, myself... Here are some questions I'd ask:
    1. Do you have any experience handling farm animals? If not, are you willing to learn? (This would eliminate the "Oooo the goats are too smelly" types.)
    2. Are you willing to teach others everything you know how to do? (This would weed out those who cling too much to the idea that their knowledge makes them superior.)
    3. Do you have confidence that if the world imploded and you were the only one left, you'd be able to make quite a good run at making it on your own? (Very important question, I think. This is not about who's the toughest but who might be the most creative problem solvers.)

This is kind of fun... anyone else want to contribute questions?

Excellent idea! Also are people willing to learn from others? Will also weed out the 'all-knowing' who come for the ego stroke.

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    The right people and the right climate. The closer you are to a year round growing climate that does not threaten an minimally/unclad body with hypothermia the less you need to depend on technology. Eskimo parkas and mukluks are a technology you would die without.

Climate is really important to keep stress low and joy high.
    This has given me a lot to think about. Ideally a more temperate climate makes a lot of sense for the reasons you stated. After living in Michigan all my life I'd love a climate where you didn't feel like you were living in a cave six months out of the year. Very hard to keep the vibe up. Then I look at it from the personal angle of 'I know my environment.' It's relatively hostile climate here from December to March, and just plain unsuitable for growing November to April. One has to slam down In all other respects though, in more temperate I know where the blue berries are, the black berries, the medicinal and food plants, where the natural sources of water are. I think my biggest fear is that I'd move to an unfamiliar environment where the flora is entirely different and not be able to navigate with any sort of confidence. Of course I'd be willing to learn, but in the mean time would be more of a burden than a contribution.

Or just fear of shifting from my comfort (confidence) level.

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 times in 747 posts

Sorry I haven't been here, I got sucked into the Charles vortex again, with Bill answering questions live tonight.

9eagle... if I may suggest... if you're observant of nature (as you seem to be), you can learn a new environment in a year, going through all the seasons. I don't think you'd be any more of a burden than the rest of us! We'd all be learning.

I have to say this right off and I hope it doesn't scare anyone... I'm pretty sure I'm not from this planet. It took me FOREVER to be able to ground myself here, as nothing about this planet has ever made any sense to me. I'm an artist, therefore a tool user. I'm very skilled with "mens' tools" and prefer all the non-electric ones. I was finally able to make a connection to this planet through beauty. For me, there is beauty everywhere, so I can acclimate myself anywhere and I don't put any limitations on choice of a site.

Getting the land is the real question. Part of me leans toward Maine which is underpopulated and there's lots of land. Of course, 9eagle, Maine has a lot of the same characteristics as Michigan, but as I read the possible turning of the Earth if a crustal shift happens (per the Zetas), Maine would become more temperate. It's a big gamble, putting any credance in those kinds of projections at this point, but I do find myself holding those thoughts in the back of my mind.

Also, I've thought about aligning myself with the Lakota. They've declared independence from the US, rescinded all treaties. Whether they're inviting outsiders to join them, I'm not sure, although I thought I read somewhere that they're extending tribal membership to any who want to join them. Their territories are in that very harsh weather zone - the Dakotas, Montana - not sure of all of it.

w4c... Last I checked, Montana was the only state still allowing squatter's rights. That is, you can claim land by living on it. At present you have to live there 6 months out of the year, but what we're talking about would be permanent. Of course, after it's claimed, there may at present be land taxes, I haven't checked on that.

Did you say Texas has no land taxes? As far as I can figure, the paying of land taxes is the only reason a community would need money - and after it all crashes and infrastructure falls, even that would not be needed.

I've also looked into Ecuador a little. Great climate, but there are those volcanoes... [this doesn't close the discussion, it's just a thought!]

John White... how long have you been with your community? Can you share your experience with us?

[w4c, I didn't really want to start an animals thread just now and divert from these beginning discussions. It's just that I know we will need animals and animal handlers wherever we go. Particularly in colder climates, we will have to have animal protein sources to survive.]

w4c, you being the thread leader here, when you think we've accumulated enough questions, maybe we could break up some of these questions and have various of us get some answers? Turn this into a working group? We need a lot of information!

Onward...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doodah For This Post:

9eagle9 (2nd February 2011), write4change (2nd February 2011)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

The projected new equator is shown as smack dab right over me so i may be getting used to new flora regardless if I like it or not

17. Link to Post #31
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,120 times in 744 posts

I believe in the Zeitgeist movement as well.

But i honestly believe, it would be useless to embark on something like that unless the world underwent some sort of change, or realisation, that just because we're human, and we can push others smaller than us around - that it does not make us superior or them inferior.

How do you expect people to leave their current way of running things when they loose everythign they worked their greasy little fingers to get? When they still have their current mindset.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

modwiz (2nd February 2011), write4change (2nd February 2011)

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Okay doodah,

You have inpsired me to write now. I have had a terrible night in the sense of really going be careful what you ask for in case you might get it.

Yesterday, was really the first time I asked me: do you really believe you that there is a geophysical catastrophe coming? And the answer was yes. Up to now I have always asked lots of others and looked for consensus. And I wanted to believe those who said no. With no to that I can handle anything. So if the answer is yes-----

If I were offered a place in the underground cities with people I think I know who will go there would I accept? And the answer is no. I have lived in isolation and have made no attempt to publicly tell my story because I am done with those kind of people. It took me almost a lifetime to really get that Dick Cheney could choose to be Dick Cheney and that he believed he has the right to do whatever necessary to manifest his vision.

I am not a channeler. I do not go to channelers. I do not believe most channelers. I have experienced huge synchronicity from and for other people thru channelers. What channeling that has happened to me for myself by myself I display as---- that was a really great dream experience. I usually channel backwards wanting to know something. After I have worked that out finally--I usually immediately find or read something that indicates my big ephiphany is old hat even if not well know old hat.

If I am really to do this I have eight months to plan and should come to being able to implement in some form in that time. For me to do this is to climb all kinds of spiritual, intellectual, psychological, and physical mountains. I need to become vegan. I need to loose 30 lbs. I need to get back to walking at 4 miles a day--only stopped 8 weeks ago and finding it really hard to get back. I need to get all my legal life and papers in order. It is the old above/below thing. I have to repair all my own holes.

I am not a good actress because I have spent most of my life learning how to not let anyone know what I really think. I am a very good coach because I absolutely understand what I am asking people to risk in even displaying "acting" emotions. My greatest strength when I was teaching was to provide the safety and assurance that failing was part of the process.

About six weeks ago I ran into the translations of the Enki Sumerian Chronicles on youtube. It took me 3 days to watch the 14 chapters. Like making the world stop and revolve in my mind and the tsunamis bang back and forth thru my brain. It was a tough in the dark night of the soul experience. Ultimately, I believe them to be true. There may be a few things off here and there but that is what has been kept from us almost from the beginning. They to me are like the web that finally connects everything.

My conclusions:

The annunaki violated the universal law. Their sins was not that they tried to save their planet regardless. Their sin was that saving their own planet was not worth their own labor to do it. Their sin was creating sentient beings to be slaves and depriving them of the free will or choices and co creation that appears to be the basis of the universe. Their planet came to be endangered because they chose to forget their own history. Apparently, they knew the possibility of destroying their own world with WMDs. Thus, the screwed up their own orbit and their own atmosphere.

All of their mistakes, they have perpetuated upon us. Thus, we are unique hybrids in the universe. Our dark side is the annunaki who chose to forget their own history and continue to deny us ours. Our light side is our own connection to our own planet and the possibilities that have never been allowed to be expressed. While all universes have a light and dark side, ours has never been that of natural evolution with freedom of choice.

We could never be removed to go to another planet because that connection would not be there. You begin your way to consciousness on your own planet, it is the way you are grounded. You can't appreciate the other until you can love and preserve what you were initially given. Our planet has been under quarantine because what has been done here is not going to be allowed to infect the rest of the universe.

We have finally got to a place that those who want to know can. It is interesting to me that the Stein clips posted here, which I have totally reviewed from beginning to end, have been posted on youtube since 2009 with less than 6000 views. That is people not wanting to know.

In the Law of One and Ra etc. it says 20% are ready to be harvested. The PTB chose to make deals with either the very aliens that did this or our future selves who did not get to make the best choices having involved into little people with almost no emotion and no empathy who come back to tinker with us and see what they can reintroduce back into their genetics. We have apparently been through three cycles of civilization and destruction totaling about 75,000 years so our lesser selves are 45,000 a head and they are still missing the best of being human.

Now that we got a consciousness going and growing and boy can I feel it. As we expand ourselves to love and higher thought making better choices our vibrations do increase. Going underground has been tried before with no obvious success. Underground is trying to control. Underground is changing tactics not thinking. Underground is not allowing rising consciousness to rise.

Intentions are everything. Creating even in virtual reality is creating.

Those of us who want to do this must want to live what we are constructing regardless of what is being created around us. This is the place on this world we would live. We have to do exactly what is required to get there.

No one has to go here with me in any thought but I believe selecting the best we can for enduring this gets us a ticket. The good ETS who have lived by the universal laws of creation are going to stand by and literally beam those of us out in the open they can sense the vibes of. They will keep us and give us training until the earth subsides and then will return us to the places we were creating to survive in. We then get the chance to make conscious choices knowing our history and that of the universe as to what we can now comprehend. There is no free ride, we will literally get what we create with the reality that we have. For me that translates getting out of LA and it will take me 8 months to do it.

Meanwhile I want to work with all those who want to work with me. I am going to do all my work on reality in this thread. And I am going to really risk being outside of who I usually am and start one other thread on the spiritual side. Right now I am exhausted.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

9eagle9 (2nd February 2011), Come As You Are (8th February 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd February 2011), mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011), Sebastion (3rd February 2011)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Bumps knuckles. Incoming Risk Strike imminent. Go for it.

22. Link to Post #34
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    What Nick Said.

Cept I add in estrogen drama's too. And I have encountered the same thing over and over in loose spiritual communities where people didn't live on site but were supposed to work towards making the community work. The retail, gardening, healing end of it. This was mostly women, the men were shunted off into a corner with their thumb up their @55, everyone was for, some reason, afraid to ask the men to do or contribute anything yet let all this resent towards them build. Because they wouldn't let them do anything. ...lol.

And the women struggled to compete. Who was better psychic, better healer, most popular, more spiritual, backstabbing, gossip. Because I have no problems speaking up it was somehow unofficially decided I was community mediator.

These are things I mediated.

"She's stealing my power." She put a curse on me. "She's using black magick in the herb garden"

I left. And I opened my own lodge. Everyone was all gung ho about having a lodge in the country where everyone would contribute.

First order of business was erect sweat lodge.

This turned into > Hey lets us know when the sweat lodge is ready and we'll show up.

Food? I have to bring a dish to pass? What I can't run up the electric bill. Aren't you paying for it out of all our donations.

What donations? If you scream about bringing a pot of potato salad I should expect you are donating?

Closed my doors real fast. I wasn't their parent's house. This wasn't my idea of community either. Waiting on people hand and foot and resolving their paranoia. They aren't integrated in themselves to oneness let alone be shunted into a crowd of other un-integrated people.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears but I'm basically out here in seclusion to get away from Communities...lol. Drama comes from testosterone and estrogen equally, I'm fair about that anyway although everyone maintains its just because I'm evil because I won't play the game.

However someone may wish to google Holocracy.

Let me know what you think.
    I work at a holistic learning center in NY. Omega Institute. It is open for 6 months a year and has a fairly large community distributed in tents,dorms and cabins. There are different tiers of salaried, professional and workfare people there. At another time I might get into more detail but the bottom line is you need an aristocracy of sorts that has the final say when needed. The less they are needed the healthier the community is.

What one has to be on guard for in these settings is the bee mentality versus the parasite mentality. Maturity has import but it is not as crucial as the basic type of personality.

These communities attract parasites like a body attracts mosquitoes. That is where aristocracy is needed. It goes without saying they have to be among the most spiritual and emotionally mature of the group. You have to have respect and affection for those you work with and not for. Common goal of purpose is essential, like a beehive.
    Omega is a special place and I can't wait to go back there at the end of April. Comfy in my 12x13 tent with a 30 amp electrical feed for lights, heater and my computer for DVD's. Where my site is I pick up wi-fi internet which allows me internet in my tent. My angels take very good care of me.

3 meals a day are taken in common with a 2-3 hour window of availability for staff. Visitors have around 2 hours. Staff can "raid" the leftovers in the staff lounge 24/7 Tables and wi-fi are available there. Tea and coffee, apple and orange juice are available to us also. No money needed, it is free.

I am a massage therapist and work in the wellness center and am paid by the work I do. Busier days equal more earnings. I pay monthly room and board for my tent site and meals. I can usually cover my monthly expenses with two busy days.

The worker bees are housekeeping, gardening, maintenance, guest services, cafe, kitchen and dining room. They get room and board and a humble stipend. There is a waiting list for the privilege to work at these jobs. There are lifeguards and a few other specialized categories

We also have a lake open from dawn till dusk with kayaks and canoes that require you only to don a life jacket. No signing anything required.

It is a non-profit but the aristocrats do well. Nobody really cares anyway. We are treated so well we do not begrudge them what they make. It is not even a thought. Those who bother themselves with such dark thinking do not fit in and don't return. Pure tissue rejection. Very organic. If you want to talk about a model concept for another way of doing things, Omega is it.

I see lots of people here who would thrive in this environment and a lesser number who wouldn't make it 10 days.

Life is about the quality of your days not the quantity of your toys. The bucks and the deer do their dance and it is all a beautiful, voluptuous ballet. Hearts are broken to be sure and feelings hurt but the support around these events is on another level than the common soap operas we are used to. Similar but qualitatively different.

It is going to be interesting to see how this Avalon community unfolds. Phillipe and his resources could make obtaining the homestead very doable. Prime land is important so an elite person is an enormous advantage, as long as the vision is shared. He has the opportunity to be loved and fiercely protected just by being out of ego and in his heart.

I hold the space and dream that this can happen.

Modwiz
    Last edited by modwiz; 2nd February 2011 at 09:36.

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Modwiz,

A great post with good insights. When I had money and my property, I got American Camping Certified as and owner/director. It is what I should have done first when I bought the property. Having hung around with real elites, I went for total physical upgrade of the facilities. Put 350,000 cash in it before trying to make a dime. Not good. After I did the camping thing which I did twice. I realized I had a better facility than most and that is not what kids see. Some parents though. Kids see the program and the people they are going to hand out with.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to write4change For This Post:

modwiz (2nd February 2011)

25. Link to Post #36
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by write4change (here)
    Modwiz,

A great post with good insights. When I had money and my property, I got American Camping Certified as and owner/director. It is what I should have done first when I bought the property. Having hung around with real elites, I went for total physical upgrade of the facilities. Put 350,000 cash in it before trying to make a dime. Not good. After I did the camping thing which I did twice. I realized I had a better facility than most and that is not what kids see. Some parents though. Kids see the program and the people they are going to hand out with.
    Monied people often get hung up on 5 star accommodations to attract the "right" people. That depends on what your definition of "right" is. Deep pockets or big hearts?

Where I work accommodations are not fancy at all but the service is 6 star. Service is our "religion". STO all the way.
    Echardt Tolle is a big influence there. Adyashanti has week long silent retreats there. How we serve others informs us about ourselves.

The humble cabins and other shelters keep the types prone to be abusive to others away. Besides holistic classes and a vegetarian kitchen also keep things mellow. Diet has a huge influence on temperament.

Thank you for this thread and your insight.

26. Link to Post #37
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I really believe this thread and the other one about communities should be seeing more traffic especially following some of the words and thoughts of both Charles and Bill.

Machines, bloodlines, alien reptiles are not topics that will give us the concepts and groundwork that are necessary to move forward.

This is not a good sign. With a beehive as a metaphor this place should be buzzing with ideas and people coming to an understanding of what is to be expected of them.
    Logging in to Avalon forum is not the skill set required.

I live the dream for half a year at a time. This concept is not an abstract one for me.

The childrens story of the city mouse and the country mouse comes to mind. Even people raised in the country are more like city mice when it comes to creature comforts and sweating for a living. There are some real workers and craftspeople in this crowd though, and that is a good thing.

An especially good thing if anything develops of the "idea".

27. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Modwiz,

I have often gotten depressed by your observations but this is a self selecting process. My mother was not a nice person. She knew she was not a nice person. She knew she was in the process of dying for 10 years. She had diabetes for instance and she would sit down and eat a half gallon of ice cream at a sitting. My mother never in her whole life told me she loved me. I never realized this until after she died. It never even seemed strange just how things were. My mother was terrified those ten years of dying. the worst things i know about my mother came out of her own mouth coming out of anathesia in the recovery room. What I know for sure is people like her and Cheney are not worth reflecting on because they are done. Nor do I want to disturb them from their pastimes. They are entitled to their choices.

The effort of change looks harder at the moment than enduring the final and fatal attack. The reason the government is saying and doing nothing is they have the studies that show the 80% will scream and howl but do nothing to prepare. And then distract and prevent the preparers. The old crab does not let any other crab climb out of the pail.

My big mistake was giving people chances they would never create for themselves. When I had money the people I employed needed second chances. One woman in mid 40s was making 6.25 an hour cleaning dog **** in a kennel. She also claimed her husband was highly abusive. I paid her 250.00 a week, provided her with a fully furnished one bedroom cottage of a 1000 sq feet, plus cable TV, and all utilities paid and access to a dual cabin pickup truck. I thought she would take the opportunity to learn many things. The reality was that she wanted to do less and less not more and more. She did me really dirty and went back to the husband and kennel ****. What I learned was that was all she could see or be comfortable with. One of the early consciousness groups I did said we always make exactly what we are comfortable making. Idealists want to change this rationals know you have to accept it.

I have always been into feel the fear and do it any way.

Based on what I think is evident and what is needed the closest I could come to a place that I understand should be safe etc. is Parryton, Texas. Has a website and pictures. I can rent a three bedroom house there for 500.00 a month. If I can not bring community consensus this is doable to me on an individual level. At that price i have enough money to support two people. I only need look for someone to help me drive out there and live for the year to see if this occurs.

We need group research but also found a 20 acre place with a 4BR house and basement for less than 200,000. Pretty decent house for communal center with enough land to build earthship houses on. These houses will survive typhoons etc. because there is nothing to grab onto everything passes through. Own septic tank and well. Enough to start to get us ready enough to basically survive if we do not get the three days of sustained 140 degree temperatures. Like everything else you pay your money and you take your choice. Flat land near the new equator. Nothing to erupt or fall over. Far enough away from the tsunamis of the Pacific and the undulation of the gulf. I am basing my choices on what we know from the geological evidence what happened in the past. For the future easy access to being beamed up. LOL

I am committed to surviving and then surrendering to what the universe unfolds. I can see a lot of alternate realities, I would choose to work for the highest and best. And most of all I believe I have learned to vibrate well and I will work on a spiritual thread to show how I did it over my lifetime. The purpose of having a mentor is to go faster and not have to make the same mistakes.

I became at a young age the kind of person that when someone said see that over there. That is ****. Stay away from it. I would go: it looks like ****, it feels like ****, it tastes like ****. okay you are right--it is ****. But, what is the purpose of ****??? LOL

I will work for the highest and best but I am already implementing for the worst. Those who find the fear too terrifying to face......

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to write4change For This Post:

Come As You Are (12th February 2011), modwiz (2nd February 2011), mymoonlightshines (2nd February 2011)

29. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Good observations Mod. I understand precisely what you mean about parasite mentality. I have to tactfully call it codependency but it is a form of parasite behavior. The former community I was in eventually attracted nothing else but parasites and they quickly collapsed the entire structure. After you suck something dry there's nothing left. I also noticed those sorts of parasites also view simplicity as a form of poverty consciousness and that is what they project.

You clearly express that when you are back 'home' in your tent, in your haven, that you feel more enriched than poverty stricken.

Your utopia sounds wonderful.

I'm hoping that one day I can revive my little valhalla here but I need a total restructuring of my thoughts before I do so and am spending the remainder of the winter arranging the 'abundance in simplicity' that I'd like express. I found i have wasted a great deal of time trying to show people how to achieve what they thought they wanted but really didn't want. But insisted I give them... a bit of insanity thinking there.

@Write4change: I became at a young age the kind of person that when someone said see that over there. That is ****. Stay away from it. I would go: it looks like ****, it feels like ****, it tastes like ****. okay you are right--it is ****. But, what is the purpose of ****??? LOL

Fertilizer! You can plant seeds in it. If someone hands you ****, grow something with it.

My mother was not a nice person. She knew she was not a nice person. She knew she was in the process of dying for 10 years. She had diabetes for instance and she would sit down and eat a half gallon of ice cream at a sitting. My mother never in her whole life told me she loved me. I never realized this until after she died. It never even seemed strange just how things were. My mother was terrified those ten years of dying. the worst things i know about my mother came out of her own mouth coming out of anathesia in the recovery room.

My mother there if you add in pancreatic cancer (twice). Same behaviors. Your mother was caught in a nightmare of self loathing. Self loathing is a nightmare. I note the dog kennel **** lady was caught in the self loathing trap, too. An intricate dynamic there. While we aren't conditioned, per say, to self loathe ourselves via our parents that energy really effects as until we learn to understand it. It's a covert form of child abuse actually.

30. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

I currently have about 5 acres here with access to additional six hundred across the road. I dont' own the place and I won't get a mortgage or a contract on it since you can't own anything in Michigan anyway. Not real property anyway. But for 600 a month on 5k sq feet plus acreage my mortgage expense would far exceed my rent. I really stay in the place of "if I dont' own it, it can't be taken from me" There's a 2,500 sq work shop attached. . A real man cave that I hoped that someone would like to utilize for some sustainability projects. I had let the workshop to a couple different yahoo's who had come to do spirituality and sustainability type work, and had to ask them to leave shortly after as they were just out of control needy, disruptive, intrusion, destructive. Parasites. What is interesting is that once I finally let go of how I thought that workshop needed to be, someone came along who understood community. Young man, just 25 and he wasn't involved in spiritual or sustainability work but he understands how energy works even if not consciously. He absolutely LOVE S that shop, he is so proud of it I have to laugh. He contributes, I help him out with his work, he does repairs around here (built my hens not just a coop but a real deluxe chick de coupe inspite of the fact he HATES my chickens) really throws himself into the whole concept. HE's also fulfilled a number of problemic things I was having which was access to reasonable top soil, manure mixes , and means of busting up some of the uncared for depleted soil here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 9 LastLast