+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on here?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: What the hell is going on here?

What happened to the child of my youth
    that I remember so fondly?

When I was that child, I longed for being an adult,
    to have the freedom of choice and control of my destiny.
    Now that I am that adult I long for my child,
    to have that innocent vision of the future
    that inspired my every step.

But I have come to this place
    and this is a good moment ...

Everything changes.
    We colour it in with good and bad,
    with the 'should' and 'should not'
    of thought and action

but all is a journey of evolution
    towards knowing ourselves
    of this one fleeting moment
    and the meaning of why
    we came.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1159 For This Post:

ASIA (6th February 2011), Gaia (7th February 2011), Hiram (6th February 2011), InCiDeR (7th February 2011), Jean-Marie (6th February 2011), magicmanx (6th February 2011), Marie (8th February 2011), write4change (7th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mandala's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,270 times in 869 posts

As ascendingstarseed stated about the groupies, the charles material was so consuming for so many, nothing else seemed to matter, no spiritual information, or much of anything else. I hope we can turn a corner and move forward. To me the most important thing was what Charles didn't say.
    With Peace and Love, Mandala
    "Be the change you wish to see." Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandala For This Post:

Fred259 (6th February 2011), InCiDeR (7th February 2011), kasee (7th February 2011), magicmanx (6th February 2011), modwiz (6th February 2011), unplugged (6th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Quote Posted by str8thinker (here)
    I've stopped contributing to any of the Charles threads until all the fuss dies down, or until his next live interview. I feel we are becoming a test bed for Charles and his minder(s), while they decide what to feed us next. If we're not careful, this may lead to the fragmentation of Project Avalon, despite Bill's best efforts, which may be exactly what Charles was originally asked to do.
    I agree str8thinker… so for the avoidance of doubt these are your sound words again….

"If we're not careful, this may lead to the fragmentation of Project Avalon, despite Bill's best efforts, which may be exactly what Charles was originally asked to do".
    Last edited by Fred259; 6th February 2011 at 22:20.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

anikohu (6th February 2011), modwiz (6th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 15:55.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

7eagle14 (7th February 2011), Fructedor (8th February 2011), Garry Irwin (6th February 2011), happyexpat (10th February 2011), Harley (6th February 2011), InCiDeR (7th February 2011), Mayan2012 (8th February 2011), modwiz (6th February 2011), NancyV (8th February 2011), Sebastion (7th February 2011), Shezbeth (7th February 2011), Shikasta (10th February 2011), ThePythonicCow (8th February 2011), write4change (7th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Switzerland Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Humble Janitor (here)
    Forming a new civilization can wait. We must attempt to repair the old one first.
    This one is brilliant - I love it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfly For This Post:

NancyV (8th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pilotsimone (here)
    I have a sister-in-law who has the hardest time accepting when others don’t share her view. She just can’t stop herself. It completely baffles her in every way and she will do whatever it takes to sway the opinion of others. First she’ll attempt to reason with them. When that doesn’t take affect, she’ll fall into ridiculing (sound familiar, PA?). Then into the general tearing-down of those who don’t buy into her position.

I always wonder what she gets out of it. I wonder the same with some of you.

The need some of you have to control how others view the Charles material seems excessive. I've seen many of you over and over again complaining about the material. The same people.
    Yes, such family members exist.

Your post is most enlightening. I remember folks tearing into Ashayana Dean's material with equal relish and considerably more venom. Can't remember how many -- IF ANY -- were banned for those views. And yet here we are. Former great contributors G-O-N-E.

Now those who refuse to drink the koolaid are compared with a sister-in-law whose only desire is to control others and indiscriminately tear down opposing positions.

Congrats, Charles! Mission accomplished. Job exceedingly well done.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to unplugged For This Post:

InCiDeR (7th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

deleted post

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

7eagle14 (7th February 2011), Mayan2012 (8th February 2011), modwiz (7th February 2011), unplugged (6th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

deleted post

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

7eagle14 (7th February 2011), Butterfli13 (7th February 2011), InCiDeR (7th February 2011), Limor Wolf (6th February 2011), Mayan2012 (8th February 2011), modwiz (7th February 2011), NancyV (8th February 2011), Ross (6th February 2011), SHAPE (8th February 2011), Shezbeth (7th February 2011), Shikasta (10th February 2011), steven69 (6th February 2011), ThePythonicCow (8th February 2011), unplugged (6th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #29
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Critical thinking is always good, but even more important is to keep an open mind.
    What we need is constructive discussion and exchange of ideas instead of focusing our energy on pointless debating.
    So chill.

Can't remember who said it, but the line was: "We are one ... like the fingers of a hand" And that goes for Avalon too. There will be no separation unless people believe in it and are looking for it. Thanks.

Just a quick outburst of thoughts. I'm tired and feverish, but I hope you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Take care.
    Last edited by take; 6th February 2011 at 19:54. Reason: typos

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to take For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th February 2011), kasee (7th February 2011), NancyV (8th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

... Forming a new civilization can wait. We must attempt to repair the old one first.
    With all due respect, the old one can't be repaired. The false paradigm is waaay to huge and it causes the perpetuation of itself. It cannot be repaired. Besides, trying "fix" something from a reference to a "problem" means your solution is now also referencing a problem - creating something that works properly from the ground up is the way to create change. Consider that the automobile was invented to solve the problem of pollution. Horse pollution in the streets - seriously - the solution became the problem a million times greater.

Regardless of anything, the more fear and negativity we add to any thought or word, the bigger that influence will be, be careful where you direct your energies. ;-)
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

7eagle14 (7th February 2011), happyexpat (10th February 2011), InCiDeR (7th February 2011), Mayan2012 (8th February 2011), modwiz (6th February 2011), pilotsimone (6th February 2011), Sebastion (7th February 2011), steven69 (6th February 2011), write4change (7th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pilotsimone (here)
    You guys (HJ and unplugged specifically) have been some of my favorite voices here on Avalon. I don’t enjoy butting heads with you, but we should start taking care of each other and stop judging. Empower us! You’re pros at it!

I’m thankful to have my say.
    Pilot, I enjoy your posts very much, too, even those I might not personally agree with.

Speaking for myself, I really shouldn't be expressing opinions about Charles or his material because it simply isn't substantive enough, relevant enough, interesting enough or sufficiently valuable -- by any criteria with which I assess "importance" -- for me to reflect upon other than tangentially.

You, on the other hand, are a beautiful soul. Please accept my sincere apology as it is NEVER my intention to ridicule, and it is clear I have disappointed you with my altogether dismissive and exceedingly unimpressed perspective re Charles.

Blessings to you, dear one.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to unplugged For This Post:

7eagle14 (7th February 2011), kouby (6th February 2011), Limor Wolf (6th February 2011), modwiz (7th February 2011), NancyV (8th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 15:54.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

unplugged (6th February 2011)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    ... Forming a new civilization can wait. We must attempt to repair the old one first.
    With all due respect, the old one can't be repaired. The false paradigm is waaay to huge and it causes the perpetuation of itself. It cannot be repaired. Besides, trying "fix" something from a reference to a "problem" means your solution is now also referencing a problem - creating something that works properly from the ground up is the way to create change. Consider that the automobile was invented to solve the problem of pollution. Horse pollution in the streets - seriously - the solution became the problem a million times greater.

Regardless of anything, the more fear and negativity we add to any thought or word, the bigger that influence will be, be careful where you direct your energies. ;-)
    to add to this wonderfull insight... please take a look:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?13490-A-kiss-to-the-world...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jendayi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th February 2011), modwiz (7th February 2011), pilotsimone (6th February 2011)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by unplugged (here)
    Speaking for myself, I really shouldn't be expressing opinions about Charles or his material because it simply isn't substantive enough, relevant enough, interesting enough or sufficiently valuable -- by any criteria with which I assess "importance" -- for me to reflect upon other than tangentially.
    Exactly right.
    This whole business seems to have taken up a lot of space for nothing.
    Like with the whole UFO stuff, there's already so much disinformation/madness out there it seems really sad to waste so much time to say so little.
    Anyway that's only my thoughts, I'll be happy the day we have more reliable sources, in the meantime I suppose we've got to be content with swimming through the crap to find the gold.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kouby For This Post:

aikya (8th February 2011), unplugged (7th February 2011)

29. Link to Post #35
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

So in response to the thread title,....

We are establishing a higher degree of closeness and respect, through the social adversities that come of a drastically increased population of intelligent and positively minded individuals. ^_^

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Quote Posted by Otho (here)
    And today's interloper may be tomorrow's humble janitor.
    And vice versa
    What are you implying?

31. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

You can't have a new civilization without the whole world on board.

Also, I don't like the sound of such an idea. How do we know that this new civilization isn't centered around people with "perfect" DNA?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ascendingstarseed (here)
    The inundation of new members swarming to the Charles material has also diminished the quality of information and responses to a certain degree...I stumbled on to the "Charles is gone" thread and they sounded like a bunch of groupies after a concert when the band leaves without signing autographs and they didn't get an invite to the after party!

I think people are placing way too much importance on this guy, it's has an almost messianic, guru feel to it at times...the "Cult of Charles aka Atticus" when his answers are usually vague, short and in double speak half the time. More people need to learn that all the answers to their questions come from within...

I agree HJ, the Charles material seems to be more of a distraction than anything, I've spent several hours reading posts and didn't learn anything new or of significance. Nothing that bears the importance of what's happening with the planet right now and how weather is causing hardship for millions of people, and will also lead to crop failure and famine in the months ahead.
    We were new members once.

In time, people will see this community for what it is and they'll either grow and adapt or they'll move on to the next big thing.

I welcome it, even if the cockiness of some new members is disturbing.

I am not an "interloper" by any chance.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

NancyV (8th February 2011)

33. Link to Post #38
    Madagascar Avalon Member Star Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Forming a new civilization can wait. We must attempt to repair the old one first.
    Might I suggest that a new civilization may be necessary in order to repair the old one?
    Or a new order?

34. Link to Post #39
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Quote What are you implying?
    No disrespect, I didn't realize your screen name was Humble Janitor, I got distracted by the 'Baroness' in your avatar picture and thought that was your SN.
    I apologize, I've been trying to make my perusal of the forums more efficient and have been connecting the pictures more and names less.
    Subsequently, I though that the use of the term humble janitor was an arbitrary term rather than a direct reference and my reply was intended to be a mildly cheeky reminder to view the opposite outcome of any given situation as being possible.

35. Link to Post #40
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I just think that people on here are being taken for a ride by this Charles material.

It's distracting us from the realities that face us, especially with the current weather. I'm normally against spreading doom but we should be concerned about the increase in cold weather and disruption of weather patterns.

Hi - I'm new here and apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in but your comment got me thinking....I had a thought about this weird weather we've had the past two winters here in the US. I live in Tennessee and in the past 18 months we've had 1. more snow in two winters than in the prior 17 years I've lived here combined and colder temps, 2. a devastating rainfall/flood, and 3. one of the hottest summers on record.

I've been wondering if this disruption of typical weather could be partially explained by the earth's axis being knocked off by 3 inches with the Chilean earthquake? Any thoughts yay or nay?

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast