+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Post Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

Hi all,

I was watching a programme yesterday about Hemp Oil on Showcase TV, SKY Channel 201 and how it is used to cure Cancer and other medicinal purposes, also used as a pain killer.

Has anybody used this before? or has known somebody to have used it with success?

I am asking because my gf's mother suffers from chronic back pain and was wondering if this would be good to use? Instead of the several different types of drugs she is priscribed by the doctor, as she suffers with Parkinsons and has Crohn's disease.

The only problem is as I live in the UK Hemp oil is illegal here because of the "THC" concerntration.

Thanks for any response,

Scott
    Last edited by scootiep; 30th January 2011 at 08:12.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Has anyone used HEMP OIL?

Quote Posted by scootiep (here)
    Hi all,

I was watching a programme yesterday about Hemp Oil on Showcase TV, SKY Channel 201 and how it is used to cure Cancer and other medicinal purposes, also used as a pain killer.

Has anybody used this before? or has known somebody to have used it with success?

I am asking because my gf's mother suffers from chronic back pain and was wondering if this would be good to use? Instead of the millions of drugs she is priscribed by the doctor, as she suffers with Parkinsons and has Crohn's disease.

The only problem is as I live in the UK Hemp oil is illegal here because of the "THC" concerntration.

Thanks for any response,

Scott
    Hi Scott

Loads of information here

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ure-for-Cancer!!!

AlkaMist should be able to help you with your query. Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's mum.

x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sheddie For This Post:

scootiep (30th January 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thanks for the link and the concern sheddie very much appreciated.

Have a great day!!

Scott
    Last edited by scootiep; 30th January 2011 at 11:11.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

You're welcome

I would also like to know if we can get Hemp Oil in the UK, I am always interested in new natural healing methods/products.

take carex

6. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheddie (here)
    You're welcome

I would also like to know if we can get Hemp Oil in the UK, I am always interested in new natural healing methods/products.

take carex
    Well we could always try and get in touch with a local dealer to get the good stuff and make it ourselves lol

But apparantly it is quite dangerous to make as the solvent which is used to make the oil is very highly flammable!!

Knowing me I would rush into it without properly thinking about how and what i'm going to do and ka-boom!! I'm not one for reading instructions or to be told what to do, I just like to work things out myself!

Like you say sheddie I too would like to find out how to get hold of Hemp oil in the Uk I wonder if there is anybody on here in the UK that has?

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Is there a difference between Hemp Oil and Hempseed Oil???

I'm in the UK also and I use Hempseed oil in salads etc, not easy to get but readily available in organic shops etc

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gong (here)

I'm in the UK also and I use Hempseed oil in salads etc, not easy to get but readily available in organic shops etc
    Hi Gong,

To my knowledge the Hemp oil is made from everything off the plant; the leaves the bud etc... which is then used for medicinal purposes.

The Hemp plant seeds can be eaten or they can then be pressed to make the hemp seed oil which is used like you say on salads etc...

Hope this helps,

Scott
    Last edited by scootiep; 30th January 2011 at 11:53.

9. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member TWINNICK's Avatar
    Thanks

Well we could always try and get in touch with a local dealer to get the good stuff and make it ourselves lol

But apparantly it is quite dangerous to make as the solvent which is used to make the oil is very highly flammable!!

Knowing me I would rush into it without properly thinking about how and what i'm going to do and ka-boom!! I'm not one for reading instructions or to be told what to do, I just like to work things out myself!

Like you say sheddie I too would like to find out how to get hold of Hemp oil in the Uk I wonder if there is anybody on here in the UK that has?

G'day Why would you want to use a chemical to extract the oil, just make or buy a press and press the oil under force out of the heads.

The natural way to do it with no chemicals and pure as it should be. Or you can just eat a bud a couple of times a day, I don't think you will get stoned, ok maybe a little perhaps but you will have all the benefits of the oil as nature intended.

..Nick..

10. Link to Post #9
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 times in 398 posts

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swami For This Post:

delaware (13th February 2011), gong (30th January 2011), Roman195 (8th February 2011), scootiep (31st January 2011)

12. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hi Gong,

To my knowledge the Hemp oil is made from everything off the plant; the leaves the bud etc... which is then used for medicinal purposes.

Scott
    hi Scott - thanks.
    Watched the vid in the link briefly and whilst only the 1st part, seems very intriguing. Did not realise you can make oil from the 'frosty' substance on the buds- must be lots of water, little oil in there.
    Did a quick google and could not find anyone selling hemp oil that clearly identifies that difference...maybe needs more digging on that search I only spent a few minutes,
    sorry I can't help you with that but thanks for clarifying anyway.

EDIT: thanks sawmi for posting again

13. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

Can I PM you about this so I don't derail the thread?

Hi all,

I am asking because my gf's mother suffers from chronic back pain and was wondering if this would be good to use? Instead of the several different types of drugs she is priscribed by the doctor, as she suffers with Parkinsons and has Crohn's disease.

Thanks for any response,

Scott

14. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TWINNICK (here)
    G'day Why would you want to use a chemical to extract the oil, just make or buy a press and press the oil under force out of the heads.

The natural way to do it with no chemicals and pure as it should be. Or you can just eat a bud a couple of times a day, I don't think you will get stoned, ok maybe a little perhaps but you will have all the benefits of the oil as nature intended.

..Nick..
    Hi Twinnick,

I think the solvent is used to abosrb all the goodness from the plant, The solvent is then burnt off at the right temperature so the final product does not have any traces of it.

But like you say i agree with you in the natural way that would be my preffered option as less chance of me getting burnt lol

15. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

hi Scott - thanks.
    Watched the vid in the link briefly and whilst only the 1st part, seems very intriguing. Did not realise you can make oil from the 'frosty' substance on the buds- must be lots of water, little oil in there.
    Did a quick google and could not find anyone selling hemp oil that clearly identifies that difference...maybe needs more digging on that search I only spent a few minutes,
    sorry I can't help you with that but thanks for clarifying anyway.

EDIT: thanks sawmi for posting again
    No probs anytime another point is the hemp seeds do not contain "THC" so it can be sold in the UK, but the hemp oil is produced from the buds and leaves so thats why it is illegal and i think will make it very hard to get hold of in this country.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    Can I PM you about this so I don't derail the thread?
    Yeah sure no probs I have just PM'd you.

16. Link to Post #14
    Netherlands Avalon Member Krullenjongen's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there is a big difference!
    Hempseed oil is made just from the seeds of the hemp plant and as far as i know does not contain any THC (this is the chemical that make you high when you smoke Marijuana and is also the key ingredient of the hemp oil)

Hemp oil is made from the buds of the Marijuana plant.
    This is why it is so hard to get because in most countries it is forbidden to grow Marijuana.
    When the Marijuana plant is fully grown you harvest the buds only and soke them in naphta or isopropanol (like i do)
    (You can't use water because water does not desolve the THC)
    You then drain of the isopropanol and wash the buds again and drain them again, after that you throw the buds away.
    You have now washed of / desolved the THC from the buds and now you have to get rid of the isopropanol.
    You do this by heating it in a pan or ricecooker (i take the later, this is more safe because isopropanol is highly flamable and you don't have an open flame this way)
    You have to do this outside or in a very well ventilated room.
    You keep the heat on until there is a thinker oily substance left and there you have the real hemp oil which has a high concentration of THC.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krullenjongen For This Post:

gong (30th January 2011), ktlight (22nd March 2011), scootiep (31st January 2011)

18. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I have used hemp oil on a crusty mole - it was WONDERFUL. It took a bit of time, daily application (and it doesn't smell great) but what an amazing cure! That mole has not given ANY problems since treatment over a year ago.
    I only hope and pray the pharmaceutical companies don't climb in and make it unavailable like so many other good remedies....
    PS i used "Hempo3" available in south africa.
    see ....hempo3.co.za/
    Last edited by Jay; 30th January 2011 at 14:41. Reason: not meaning to spam (promise - i have no affiliation to company) it's just that perhaps someone might need this stuff & it really worked for me (add link)

19. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Swami,

Thanks for the video - this is the exact programme I watched on TV lol

Scott

20. Link to Post #17
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I live in the uk and got some from elixir health in wadebridge cornwall, try their website.

21. Link to Post #18
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks

The alternative chemical solvent used to extract the oil is no other than pure ethylalcohol - or pure vodka. But at the temperatur required (to get the benefit from both water- and oil-soluble plantextract) to evaporate the alcohol, the vapour gets highly flammable/explosive. Use a precise hot liquid termometer and NO sparks (no smoking while cooking :-)) and you should be fine.
    This extraction metod is more economical end more wholesome than pressing.

Good luck

EDIT: Here's a link to how to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZXGH6mYr3Y

22. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

You could also try mms (miracle mineral solution)

http://www.jimhumble.biz/

23. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swami (here)

Rick Simpson manifests the qualities of a "Saint", in my discernment, this puts him in the League of Honorable People, like Mother Theresa...

+ Reply to Thread