+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where's the North Polar Ice Cap???

1. Link to Post #1
    Guatemala Avalon Member Mayan2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Where's the North Polar Ice Cap???

I just got on Google Earth and when I turned the earth to look at the north pole, I didn't see the polar ice cap that I used to see last year.
    The only white I saw in the north is Greenland's snow covered land, which is not the polar ice cap.
    Then I turned the earth to see the Southern Polar Ice Cap and that one is still there, much smaller than it used to be last year but it is still there, for now.

Did the polar ice cap melt completely and I didn't get the memo? When did this happen??
    I don't really watch TV but is it possible that it was announced and I just missed it because the media didn't make a big deal about it like they do when they don't want you to know about it or they just gloss over it so you forget about it?

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 times in 419 posts

Default Re: Where's the North Polar Ice Cap???

Quote Posted by Mayan2012 (here)
    I just got on Google Earth and when I turned the earth to look at the north pole, I didn't see the polar ice cap that I used to see last year.
    The only white I saw in the north is Greenland's snow covered land, which is not the polar ice cap.
    Then I turned the earth to see the Southern Polar Ice Cap and that one is still there, much smaller than it used to be last year but it is still there, for now.

Did the polar ice cap melt completely and I didn't get the memo? When did this happen??
    I don't really watch TV but is it possible that it was announced and I just missed it because the media didn't make a big deal about it like they do when they don't want you to know about it or they just gloss over it so you forget about it?
    Very very very interesting. Keep us up to date on this one.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,058 times in 8,171 posts

Google is in on the scam. They've probably just fiddled with the images to add their weight to the 'man made global warming' theme.

They haven't updated the area I live in for many years so it's unlikely they would have changed the polar areas either unless they had an agenda.

4. Link to Post #4
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

i agree norman..

and i must say this...

your avatar is quite disturbing to me..

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Yeah, the Google view of the North Pole has been cooking my noodle too !

Two summers ago the North Pole completely melted for the first time in history that we know of. Both private and military ships floated directly over the actual North Pole as it was completely water. This area has never been seen to be less then ten feet of solid ice.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Hiram (1st February 2011)

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Default Where in the world is the Polar Ice Cap????

I just looked at Google Earth and I looked for the North Polar Ice Cap but could not find it? Am I looking in the wrong place? I can find the Southern Polar Ice Cap and I can see Greenland with snow on land but the cap is not there.

Last edited by Mayan2012; 1st February 2011 at 20:10.

8. Link to Post #7
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Google is in on the scam. They've probably just fiddled with the images to add their weight to the 'man made global warming' theme.

They haven't updated the area I live in for many years so it's unlikely they would have changed the polar areas either unless they had an agenda.
    I read and saw a graph "proving" the the was 50 per cent thicker ice this year.

We need to stop polluting whether we are going ice age or steam bath. What a bunch of morons run this planet.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/0...ng-arctic-ice/
    Last edited by modwiz; 1st February 2011 at 18:44.

9. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)

Two summers ago the North Pole completely melted for the first time in history that we know of. Both private and military ships floated directly over the actual North Pole as it was completely water. This area has never been seen to be less then ten feet of solid ice.

Hi Gaia,

If you click this link and then look at the image of the USS Skate...you'll see that they surfaced in an Ice-less north pole in the hot summers of the 1930s. http://www.goatlocker.org/boats/mmcm.htm

Its been hot there before.

But I think what might be happening NOW is some image manipulation.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

Fred259 (7th February 2011), Gaia (1st February 2011)

11. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Hiram (here)
    If you click this link and then look at the image of the USS Skate...you'll see that they surfaced in an Ice-less north pole in the hot summers of the 1930s.
    Hi Hiram,

It's so easy to make mistakes with pictures ... so I double checked your statement.
    What I see is a picture of the USS Skate (578) but on that website it does not say anything about 1930 nor that the picture is taken on the north pole.

I found this website: http://library.osu.edu/sites/exhibit...fterwards.html

it shows this picture

The correct date seems to be March 17, 1959 ...

I have to admit ... the ice does not look impressive thick to me but it looks like the circumstances were different

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Hiram (1st February 2011)

13. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

This is propaganda..its fact.
    We need to get passed the point of debate and begin to insist on meaningful action,because the Arctic is the most sensitive region on the Earth when it comes to warming. Cold seawater is critical for the formation of sea ice, which helps to cool the planet by reflecting sunlight back to space. Those papers can continue to publish that sort of garbage and those media needs to act responsibly without manipulation. But the fact is, most Canadians, and even most Americans already know global warming is happening because they can see it on a personal level. The media just wasting ink, because most of the population isn't listening. But I suspect that a planet which has survive both being a molten blob and a frozen snowball will survive anything we can possibly do.

Chapeau bas, Hiram !

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Hiram (1st February 2011), Mayan2012 (1st February 2011)

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Weren't they showing pre-empted or backround cartoon weather screens, instead of actual footage with all this high technology of satelights, what stops us from actually seeing the planet live? Because something big and possibly destructive comes our way? Why hide the actual truth of the colors or our skys and not that pasted on screen they write on with colors for snow and such. We aren't in kindergarden, and how are we to recognize actual storm systems of science, if we have to rely on cartoon blackboard weather. We had such a beautiful planet, could big oil now control what our oceans actually look like live, sowe don't see the damages of black seas?

Inquiring minds want and need to know. I mean really can't we just see the actual colors, snow erosion and melt as it is occurring now? The answers to that boys and girls is no, it's bad for wall st markets and dirty pollution stocks. I notice the speculators were at it again even before the revolts in the ME.

They are so core rotten and materialistically greedy, predictably easy to see now. Prayers couldn't have ben answered at a better time for the awakening of man. Hoodwinked in fairy tale land so long, it's shocking to most, unless they experienced the theft and injustice early. So many people killing to collect insurance and or losing their programmed minds.

Pray people and put out the good.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Gaia (1st February 2011), Mayan2012 (7th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,058 times in 8,171 posts

There is plenty of evidence that something is going on with the climate. FACT.

There is also plenty of debate about what that IS!, and WHY ?

My gut says we are being bum rushed into something that's got nothing to do with the WHY?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

happyexpat (1st February 2011), Mayan2012 (7th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Hi Hiram,

It's so easy to make mistakes with pictures ... so I double checked your statement.
    What I see is a picture of the USS Skate (578) but on that website it does not say anything about 1930 nor that the picture is taken on the north pole.

I found this website: http://library.osu.edu/sites/exhibit...fterwards.html

it shows this picture

The correct date seems to be March 17, 1959 ...

I have to admit ... the ice does not look impressive thick to me but it looks like the circumstances were different
    Yes, It may have been given erroneous dates in the area I was looking. Plus, the sub in the photograph wouldn't have existed in the 30s. (smacks head with hand:-) Seemed suspect to me...but the fact that a sub was able to surface at all, even in 1959, demonstrates that Arctic sea-ice at the pole does melt off at times.

The idea that it "never" does...is erroneous.

I couldn't agree more that the climate is changing...I would not debate that.

The "why" is where people get hung up.
    Last edited by Hiram; 1st February 2011 at 19:20.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”

20. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

I watched a PBS program over the weekend twice about baby animals and the instinctual nurturing. What I surmised is they too are evolving to heightened intelligence. Check it out sometime.

21. Link to Post #15
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Google's Satellite images are not real-time and in some cases are several years old. I am between 4-5000 km south and everything here is frozen solid
    Last edited by Richard; 1st February 2011 at 19:26.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

Gaia (1st February 2011), happyexpat (1st February 2011), modwiz (2nd February 2011)

23. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

After the wobble stopped, wasn't there a shift of 700 miles? It appears the rumor may be true and possibly the reason for the cartoon weather reports we receive on the news. The US seems to be in the Canadian area with the sunny regions south beginning at VA. VA is getting Jersey weather, Jersey is getting NY weather and Canada has the best skiing in the country but the temps are frigid. It's like Canada is the new N pole and the EU is now getting weather like Sweden used to get, frigid and cold. I don't know. Something is haywire or amiss in this. Programmed people, for programmed corporate cover ups?

24. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

The sea Ice melts during the summer...not all of it, but it reduces significantly.

It would not be "normal" for it to be gone in the Northern Winter.

That's why I agree with Richard here that we are probably looking at a software glitch. To my understanding however, I have never seen it THAT devoid of ice. Period. A summer melt wouldn't explain that. Check me on that.

My vote is image manipulation.

25. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    After the wobble stopped, wasn't there a shift of 700 miles? It appears the rumor may be true and possibly the reason for the cartoon weather reports we receive on the news. The US seems to be in the Canadian area with the sunny regions south beginning at VA. VA is getting Jersey weather, Jersey is getting NY weather and Canada has the best skiing in the country but the temps are frigid. It's like Canada is the new N pole and the EU is now getting weather like Sweden used to get, frigid and cold. I don't know. Something is haywire or amiss in this. Programmed people, for programmed corporate cover ups?
    Not sure where you read that the wobble stopped but the earth has never stopped wobbling and it never will. It's like saying the earth stopped spinning or orbiting.

26. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by slvrfx (here)
    Very very very interesting. Keep us up to date on this one.
    To add to the mystery, I looked at the archived views of the north pole on Google Earth all the way back to 1938 to present and it does not show the polar cap existing since then.
    Then there is this web site that shows the alarming rate at which the cap is melting from 1979 to 2003 http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...631611744.html

What gives??

Someone has some splaining to do!

27. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member drizzt's Avatar
    Thanks

I read that there is a hole in the core to the center of the Earth there at the pole and there is alot of activity there also. they are covering up the ships ours and theirs (UFO'S). I know not the truth of the matter for it is really hard to find recent pictures up there. A recent trip funded to explore up there was canceled cuz of Russia would not let him cross the land they own.

http://www.x2-radio.com/

Brooks A. Agnew is the leader of the group. i posted this site he runs to get some more info to you.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to drizzt For This Post:

Gaia (6th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast