+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where's the North Polar Ice Cap???

1. Link to Post #21
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Default Re: Where in the world is the Polar Ice Cap????

Quote Posted by Mayan2012 (here)
    I just looked at Google Earth and I looked for the North Polar Ice Cap but could not find it? Am I looking in the wrong place? I can find the Southern Polar Ice Cap and I can see Greenland with snow on land but the cap is not there.

They only show landmass on Google earth, The North Pole is not a continent Antarctica on the other hand is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

Mayan2012 (8th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,191 times in 32,903 posts

Default Re: Where's the North Polar Ice Cap???

-----------

Hi, Folks -

This is a very useful, comprehensive and interesting page that covers the entire topic in depth:

http://john-daly.com/polar/arctic.htm

Where I found this photo (taken in 1993). The 1959 USS Skate photo is there too (from a different angle).

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Fred259 (7th February 2011), Mayan2012 (7th February 2011), Ramdass528 (7th February 2011), write4change (7th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 430 posts

Quote Posted by modwiz (here)
    Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Google is in on the scam. They've probably just fiddled with the images to add their weight to the 'man made global warming' theme.

They haven't updated the area I live in for many years so it's unlikely they would have changed the polar areas either unless they had an agenda.
    I read and saw a graph "proving" the the was 50 per cent thicker ice this year.

We need to stop polluting whether we are going ice age or steam bath. What a bunch of morons run this planet.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2009/04/0...ng-arctic-ice/
    Certainly.

The time to debate this has long passed. The more people debate, the worse things get!

6. Link to Post #24
    Guatemala Avalon Member Mayan2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    Weren't they showing pre-empted or backround cartoon weather screens, instead of actual footage with all this high technology of satelights, what stops us from actually seeing the planet live? Because something big and possibly destructive comes our way? Why hide the actual truth of the colors or our skys and not that pasted on screen they write on with colors for snow and such. We aren't in kindergarden, and how are we to recognize actual storm systems of science, if we have to rely on cartoon blackboard weather. We had such a beautiful planet, could big oil now control what our oceans actually look like live, sowe don't see the damages of black seas?

Inquiring minds want and need to know. I mean really can't we just see the actual colors, snow erosion and melt as it is occurring now? The answers to that boys and girls is no, it's bad for wall st markets and dirty pollution stocks. I notice the speculators were at it again even before the revolts in the ME.

They are so core rotten and materialistically greedy, predictably easy to see now. Prayers couldn't have ben answered at a better time for the awakening of man. Hoodwinked in fairy tale land so long, it's shocking to most, unless they experienced the theft and injustice early. So many people killing to collect insurance and or losing their programmed minds.

Pray people and put out the good.
    XLNT points Lifebringer.
    ~WHEN THE LOVE OF POWER IS OVERCOME BY THE POWER OF LOVE, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -----------

Hi, Folks -

This is a very useful, comprehensive and interesting page that covers the entire topic in depth:

Where I found this photo (taken in 1993). The 1959 USS Skate photo is there too (from a different angle).

The site is replete with facts, figures, charts and pictures of a long time ago, but it doesn't help as much as a very current satellite picture of the North Pole.
    I remember last year and the year before, looking at Russia next to the North Pole and it was mostly white from the snow. Now it is all brown and green.
    The North Pole was always a shrinking round mass of white.
    The South Pole ice is still there but smaller than a few years ago.
    Could it be that the the recent 10 degree shifting of the poles had this effect on the ice?
    Making other, traditionally warmer climates colder and snowier? Like the mid/south west?
    ~WHEN THE LOVE OF POWER IS OVERCOME BY THE POWER OF LOVE, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~

8. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

-----------

Hi, Folks -

The site is replete with facts, figures, charts and pictures of a long time ago, but it doesn't help as much as a very current satellite picture of the North Pole.
    I remember last year and the year before, looking at Russia next to the North Pole and it was mostly white from the snow. Now it is all brown and green.
    Could it be that the the recent 10 degree shifting of the poles had this effect on the ice?
    Making other, traditionally warmer climates colder and snowier? Like the mid/south west?
    Mayan 12 seriously you are dangerous. What are you smoking?

9. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fred259 (here)
    -----------

Hi, Folks -

Really? You think? Because I want to know the truth and nothing but the truth and I like for things to make sense and I don't take just any explanation as fact?
    Personally I like things to add up and frankly these so called facts don't add up.
    I think this whole forum is built on people who have questioning minds.

Just out of curiosity, what do you believe is the truth about the north polar ice cap?

10. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Default Re: Where in the world is the Polar Ice Cap????

I just looked at Google Earth and I looked for the North Polar Ice Cap but could not find it? Am I looking in the wrong place? I can find the Southern Polar Ice Cap and I can see Greenland with snow on land but the cap is not there.

They only show landmass on Google earth, The North Pole is not a continent Antarctica on the other hand is.
    Good point Fred259. That does satisfy my inquiring mind somewhat. Thanks.

11. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

[
    Quote QUOTE=Mayan2012;127630]
    -----------

Hi, Folks -

Really? You think? Because I want to know the truth and nothing but the truth and I like for things to make sense and I don't take just any explanation as fact?
    Personally I like things to add up and frankly these so called facts don't add up.
    I think this whole forum is built on people who have questioning minds.

Just out of curiosity, what do you believe is the truth about the north polar ice cap?[/
    QUOTE]

Mayan, seriously go back and read your post are you seriously suggesting that the polar ice cap has melted away and now its all green and brown stuff as you put it…with the greatest respect everything in your post is laughable, seriously mayan, I suggest you either change it or remove it because you are looking very very foolish indeed… people will be wondering what Turnip truck you arrived on…Its your call...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2