+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "New Dogs.... Old Tricks"

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default "New Dogs.... Old Tricks"

In light of the remarkable and "thoughtful" social revolution in Egypt and the Middle East at large, we can always count on the "Rovian" Propoganda Machine to reach out to the lowest common denominator in the US- the five people who give a rodent's rectum about gay marriage as a political issue.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...e/#more-145241

We can all agree- gay marriage should be legal. However, along with imposing will upon freedom of choice in reproductive rights, stem cell research and " next on American Idol", the Illuminati machine has rolled out the "Next Generation" - that's right, Barbara Bush Jr. ( who??) has graciously leant her support to the GBLT marriage rights issue in an apparent attempt to "smoke screen" the significant events of the world at large. Ms. Bush, formerly known as Madison Avenue alcoholic "fashionista" has now bestowed her blessing upon the millions of gay couples seeking equal rights in matrimony. Certainly this will overshadow the "historic movement" in Egypt. After all, we don't want those peasants in Alabama gettin any uppity ideas about revolt do we? Let's scare em to death.... the Bushs' have advocated gay marriage. Truly a "cataclysmic event" . God Bless America ( and no one else, right)? Can't think about Egypt, Amurica is "goin to hell in a handbasket". Pass the popcorn.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Banshee For This Post:

Gone002 (2nd February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: "New Dogs.... Old Tricks"

very true, while there may be news coverage in the uk and ireland noone cares theres alot of subversion going on

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone002 For This Post:

Banshee (2nd February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

I realy realy dont get the problem, or why people seem to have a fear for gay men.

As soon as someone finds out they're gay, they're instantly changed to worrying every .2 seconds about their own backsides. Meaning, suddenly because they know the person is gay, even tho they have been mates with them for years prior - will change to hating the person and not wanting anything to do with them under the exucse of "i dont want him crackin onto me or checking out my ass!"

Yeah well, now you know how girls like me feel every time we see one of you guys.

So... I'm still unable to see the problem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

7. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks

lol that was epic, well said. alot of men myself included feel that being near a gay person somehow decreases your manliness when in fact it just makes you look like an idiot.

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Although good points, I was more aware of the old Rovian bait and switch attempt. Every single time something significant occurs, these spin doctors pull out one of two issues. Abortion or gay rights. And the more than groggy middle American focuses on the diversion while TPTB laugh all the way to the bank. TPTB exploit the irrational fears of the under informed ( no news flash here huh) when the very thing that the Egyptians are demanding are the very same things the Americans should be if they weren't so concerned about the goings on in their neighbors bedrooms and uteri.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Banshee For This Post:

10. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,191 times in 5,447 posts

[QUOTE=Banshee;119123]Although good points, I was more aware of the old Rovian bait and switch attempt. Every single time something significant occurs, these spin doctors pull out one of two issues. Abortion or gay rights. And the more than groggy middle American focuses on the diversion while TPTB laugh all the way to the bank. TPTB exploit the irrational fears of the under informed ( no news flash here huh) when the very thing that the Egyptians are demanding are the very same things the Americans should be if they weren't so concerned about the goings on in their neighbors bedrooms and uter

Rove sets off my 'gaydar'.
    Last edited by modwiz; 2nd February 2011 at 17:31.

11. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

But do we see how it works? What are we focusing on in my rather droll post? Not the real issue.... the media manipulation or the exploitation. Highly charged irrelevant topics (homosexuality in this case) draw attention away from relevance and the things upon which we should be focusing ( as in the case of yesterday's news, the Egyptian Revolution). IMHO

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banshee For This Post:

Gone002 (2nd February 2011), modwiz (2nd February 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Not the real issue.... the media manipulation or the exploitation. Highly charged irrelevant topics (homosexuality in this case) draw attention away from relevance and the things upon which we should be focusing ( as in the case of yesterday's news, the Egyptian Revolution). IMHO [/QUOTE]

Well said. It's like the leash gets yanked back a bit - pay attention to what we want you to pay attention to. Ignore everything else

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scout For This Post:

Banshee (2nd February 2011), modwiz (2nd February 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks

well said banshee

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone002 For This Post:

Banshee (2nd February 2011)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)
    So... I'm still unable to see the problem
    I suspect it is a similar problem to one I observed with my father. He was a simple man of modest talents and gentle soul.

When I headed out into the world as a young adult, he assured me there would always be a place for me to come back to, regardless of what I had done ... with one exception. I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like "You can rob a bank or shoot the President, and you're still welcome ... just get a haircut first."

This was in the age of the long haired hippies of the 1960's, and I tended to skip haircuts. He wasn't joking. He did not want to see me with long hair. I think he feared that he might accidentally sometime see me from the back with long hair and react to me with sexual attraction, as if I were female. The idea he might respond sexually to a male (even accidentally and momentarily) was not something he would permit.

Somewhere in there is a deep seated fear of loss of masculinity.

He eventually died when he refused to treat his blood pressure, because the medicine affected his "performance." If he had it to do all over again, he'd make that same decision, I'm sure.

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Banshee (here)
    In light of the remarkable and "thoughtful" social revolution in Egypt and the Middle East at large, we can always count on the "Rovian" Propoganda Machine to reach out to the lowest common denominator in the US- the five people who give a rodent's rectum about gay marriage as a political issue.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...e/#more-145241

We can all agree- gay marriage should be legal. However, along with imposing will upon freedom of choice in reproductive rights, stem cell research and " next on American Idol", the Illuminati machine has rolled out the "Next Generation" - that's right, Barbara Bush Jr. ( who??) has graciously leant her support to the GBLT marriage rights issue in an apparent attempt to "smoke screen" the significant events of the world at large. Ms. Bush, formerly known as Madison Avenue alcoholic "fashionista" has now bestowed her blessing upon the millions of gay couples seeking equal rights in matrimony. Certainly this will overshadow the "historic movement" in Egypt. After all, we don't want those peasants in Alabama gettin any uppity ideas about revolt do we? Let's scare em to death.... the Bushs' have advocated gay marriage. Truly a "cataclysmic event" . God Bless America ( and no one else, right)? Can't think about Egypt, Amurica is "goin to hell in a handbasket". Pass the popcorn.

kawther Salam

Spread this site around, if you find you like it. Heed the line across the top of the site, though..

She's a Palestinian/Egyptian reporter. Been looking at her site for years. As you might imagine, with that background, she can get a little upset at times. Not that I blame her.

If you look at the opening page of her site, you see you will need to 'filter' the data, possibly, depending on one's given personal awareness state. One look at the line of symbolism across the top of the site states that pretty darned clearly.

It' s like reading Pravda to get a better grip on what the Times is telling you. Very straightforward --just be aware.

http://www.kawther.info/wpr/

Xymph is pretty interesting too. We think she (we think a she) is middle eastern in decent.

http://xymphora.blogspot.com/

Both can get a touch preachy or angry, depending on how you see it. Xymph appears to be the more intelligent of the two. finding sites that bring you the alternative side of news and ideas, without straying too far into the anger red/preach zone is pretty tough. Especially when it comes to interesting or different analysis, done with intelligence and awareness of some sort. It helps, at the least, in order to gain some stereoscopy on these subjects.
    Last edited by Carmody; 4th February 2011 at 13:49.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Banshee (5th February 2011)

20. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Not sure what you said. Going to have to really dissect your post, as Iam way out of out of your league, but thank you most humbly nonetheless.

I feel a bit intellectually challenged in your presence. Seriously.
    Last edited by Banshee; 5th February 2011 at 02:32.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Banshee For This Post:

Caren (5th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread