+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BBC News: UK Politics: Police to loose 10,000 Officers By 2013

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default BBC News: UK Politics: Police to loose 10,000 Officers By 2013

Here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12375310

I like to skim through other news feeds around the world, and this article realy struck me as odd. So the British Government is wanting to cut back on it's law enforcent to save a few bucks?
    Or just by chance that the officers they are wanting to cut back on are waking up and reality is hitting them between the eyes!
    Or is the British Government that just that flat broke?
    (no offence intended to our freinds in the UK)
    It's Just like what I said is this article struck me as odd. Because Law enforcement is
    a very important key to serve and protect the government officials and not the general population. Which was proven in the G20 Summit in Toronto Ontario, Canada last year.

Please share your thoughts on this!!

2. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

Default Re: BBC News: UK Politics: Police to loose 10,000 Officers By 2013

unless they have plans to have some other measure of security in place before that date

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Aballava (here)
    Here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12375310

I like to skim through other news feeds around the world, and this article realy struck me as odd. So the British Government is wanting to cut back on it's law enforcent to save a few bucks?
    Or just by chance that the officers they are wanting to cut back on are waking up and reality is hitting them between the eyes!
    Or is the British Government that just that flat broke?
    (no offence intended to our freinds in the UK)
    It's Just like what I said is this article struck me as odd. Because Law enforcement is
    a very important key to serve and protect the government officials and not the general population. Which was proven in the G20 Summit in Toronto Ontario, Canada last year.

Please share your thoughts on this!!
    Cannot remember where I read it (perhaps alex jones) but uk has been "upgrading" traffic cops to have more domestic enforcement "skills" and permissions/responsibilities.

Sorry to those wanting verifiable links rather than "hearsay" but I think that is the case.

Regardless ... I don't place any value in anything coming from the msm from government sources (any country) regarding "security issues" several years out.

Pointless except to serve as causing more anxiety/fear among those who would be inclined to go that direction.

4. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

Perhaps this explains the broader enforcement powers given to parking control officers in the U.K. By assuming some of the lesser duties of the police, they free up the (fewer) police for more serious police issues.

+ Reply to Thread