+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next step (from breatharianism, fruit...)celibacy.

1. Link to Post #1
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Next step (from breatharianism, fruit...)celibacy.

So, if we stop eating solid food, being breatharian, or fruitarian,

shouldn't we also suppress our other earthly or animal desires,
    meaning our sexuality, and live in celibacy ?

or does it lead to what happened in catholic churches, hiding behind the word chastity ?

Is sex, or love making, an obstacle on the path to enlightenment ?

or the other way round, as you are merging with another person ?

a.

2. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Next step (from breatharianism, fruit...)celibacy.

Morning a,
    For me making love is a most wonderful expression and the merging of two souls in harmony.
    Why would one want to give that up?
    It is even possible to make love at great distance via energy but it requires concentration and great body energy awareness.
    Its one thing to let go of something be it food or sex but another thing to suppress it.
    With love
    C
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

3. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

People who can not be breatharian will most likely find it even more difficult to be a true (natural) celibate. My experience while transitioning to breatharianism is I have lost my addiction/attachment to sex naturally - no effort required. In my current state people who need to eat and feel the need to have physical sex appear to me as "SLAVES TO THE MATERIAL'. I guess people have a different idea of what spirituality is? Physical food and physical sex is "MATERIALISTIC" not "spiritual".lol I have noticed the new agers like to repackage ancient spiritual techniques - they strip them of everything that requires effort and will - they then water them down so much until what they got is a "fancy theory" that does not require the "spiritual aspirant" to change their "UNHEALTHY MATERIALISTIC LIFESTYLE" - everything can cunningly be twisted by the mind to "JUSTIFY" equating "BEING MATERIALIST" as "BEING SPIRITUAL". I must admit it is quite amusing to watch and yet I also feel quite a deep sadness in regard to this. But "WHO AM I?" to discriminate? "The only thing I know is that I know nothing!"

I do know someone who having already raised their kundalini was able to have a genuine tantric sex experience which went for 8 hours straight and resulted in every cell of her body exploding with light - she was left dysfunctionally intoxicated with bliss for a period of a week after this. A thoroughly satisfying experience by all accounts. However, along with other "beyond the physical" experience it does not seem to be a pathway that the majority can access? And I may add the lady who had the kundalini experience with a bon fide indian tantric master said that she had already gone way beyond the level of spirituality acheived by such a practice by using individual meditation.

Some people come in with their chakras already open. Others don't and have to practice to open them. People can have their chakras open but have no wisdom. Others without chakras open can be very wise! There are many paths that are categorised under the banner of spiritual but they bear different fruits. All fruits are beyond the physical so are in a way spiritual.

What is it the particular "spiritual aspirant" is looking for? Many people who are on the spiritual path are looking for different spiritual fruits. There are many goals beyond the spiritual - they are not the same! They may however eventually lead to the same place...but I cannot say for sure - and I choose to keep an open mind on this.

Peace, wishing more clarity and less denial to all - including myself!

4. Link to Post #4
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by realitycorrodes (here)

And I may add the lady who had the kundalini experience ...
    I can only say that been there done that and more. (A crazy scorpio! )

The rising Kundaline can litreally kill people, burn the nerves,
    healing may take long.

I have lived in total celibacy over eight years (but I am not counting)
    to merge my energyfield with someone else's is no more with me.

By merging the energyfield, by making love, you become the other one,
    you can hear and feel their thoughts, even from far distance for weeks,

or see how many close couples start looking like each other,
    the DNA also changes.

all that is fine if your path to enlightenment goes together, at the same pace,
    with your twinflame or soul.

a.
    Last edited by annemirri; 21st April 2010 at 09:16. Reason: it is difficult to find right words...

5. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member realitycorrodes's Avatar
    Thanks

The lady discovered recently the tantric master had died. She had lost her meditation and was getting hammered by the world. She got inspired to meditate again and started to get glimpses again and the kundalini was rising again in her. She said she saw clearly that the tantric master was sitting on the left side of her third eye. She asked what he was doing there telepathicly. He replied that that was his home. She felt sorry for him as she wanted him to go higher so she did some "Tibetan book of the dead" practice for him. Soon after, while meditating she tuned in to him and heard him say softly to her "Fair well!"

6. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I agree in principal with what a, has said.
    Ive been through having the desire to have a partner who wanted to be complete alignment with me.
    At that time I would have wanted to be aligned with a partner who wanted to find God through the Tantric and there are some excellent books on that by Mantak Chia expressed in the Tao tradition.
    ive been celibate for some time not through choice but through circumstances.
    I have rationalized my current situation by the thought that if I was in a wonderful loving relationship would my spiritual intention to know God through enlightenment be detracted from,take second place? I dont trust myself that much that I could say that God would have first place in my life given such twin flame relationship.
    So there is an acceptance that what I have in life is perfectly in line with where I am at the moment and best for my spiritual intention.
    I no longer have expectations that another will make me happy in any area of my life.
    If it happens that a woman comes into my life who is aligned to my vibration then that would be welcomed, if not im ok with celibacy.

Kundalini awoke within me before I even knew there was such a thing.
    By synchronism I visited the ashram of a kundalini enlightened guru in India who confirmed the awakening and gave skatipat which controls the process of K awakening therefore making it safe. awakening should not be forced for reasons a, gave.
    Chris

7. Link to Post #7
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)

Ive been through having the desire to have a partner who wanted to be complete alignment with me.
    would my spiritual intention to know God through enlightenment be detracted from,take second place?
    I have wondered about the very same questions myself,
    is there still in me any desire to experience close intimate relationship with someone else,
    is there a twinflame for me ?

even the idea of sharing same living space with someone else (than my children)
    is quite impossible for me.

Lately, during the past few months, I have been having quite enlightening conversations
    with my two teenagers about sexuality, sex, forming a relationship

and how they are going to conceive their possible children.

Traditional way via love making or in laboratory ? so that they would remain "pure",
    in their own spiritual light, and the babies would grow in some sort of aquarium,

interesting scenarios indeed.

a.
    Last edited by annemirri; 21st April 2010 at 12:46.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

ive been celibate for some time not through choice but through circumstances.
    Chris
    Hey greybeard
    Mind rethinking that for a moment ? isn't "circumstance" actually your own "choice" , as well as your own reality : the one you created ( more or less aware of it, and that could be the small issue ) ?

Love and peace
    It is all, just a matter of perspective.

9. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Perplex (here)
    Hey greybeard
    Mind rethinking that for a moment ? isn't "circumstance" actually your own "choice" , as well as your own reality : the one you created ( more or less aware of it, and that could be the small issue ) ?

Love and peace
    That is a very profound question Perplex and it depends upon whether you want a simple answer or a complex one.
    A whole thread could be devoted to do we create our own reality?
    You might want to start one.
    I will try to be brief.
    We all have an attractor field and that tends to manifest through our Chakras.
    I had a sledging accident pre puberty and my spleen had to be removed.
    The spleen affects the second chakra which is the creative and sexual one.
    According to my bio-energy teacher my second chakra is shut down.
    Therefore I dont radiate sexual attracting energy but I am creative in other ways.

Looking at it in another way.
    I have the ability to heal and that is good but that attracts people who desire to be healed.
    My former partner had an accident which made love making virtually impossible for her.
    My present partner had an unhappy marriage which turned her off physical contact.
    My ego thought it could overcome that but not so, I respect her so dont attempt to change the situation now I accept her as she is.
    Did I create the situation not consciously but my higher self may well have thought it in my best spiritual interest to be in this situation, in other words it gives me practice in surrendering to what is.
    Spiritual muscle is developed through being in situations that are challenging.
    There is also karma to consider, I may have refused a partner in a previous life time love making.
    So I accept and dont do what it takes to change that part of my life.

Another point of view comes from my understanding of the mind.
    There is a NLP book "Negotiation of parts" which explains that we sometimes have conflicting wants and needs. The parts enter into negotiation subconsciously and bring about the best compromise.
    As said before my prime intention is enlightenment so the parts negotiation may have come up with celibacy as the best option at present.

If its karma, when the debt is paid then my present partner may leave or the situation may change.
    Who knows.
    She is African and her visa runs out in July so she may have to leave UK. I hope not as I love her but I am aware that I can love again.
    Thats my take on it.
    Thanks for the question.
    Chris

10. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Give up sex? That's easy, especially now that I am fat and sassy!

11. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Default So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

I would like to share a few thoughts here...
    My understanding is that all things are "left" for us to experiment and enjoy.
    However, not all are useful to "our" spiritual growth. Some are quite destructive especially if abused, and can also get you on the path of addiction, etc.

As long as "we realize that our true nature is divine", and tame "our" ego, the spiritual growth takes place. Beginning with this stage, one becomes less & less dependent to "things" that he/she previously enjoyed when in a lower state of consciousness.
    In other words nothing is really more or less "pure, good, bad, evil", etc. It is just a mind conditioning effect seeded deeply in one's own ego state.

Love to all,

Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

12. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

If you give up eating you're not going to have the energy to give your partner a dam good seeing too

I came to this dimension to experience and enjoy 3D stuff and that's exactly what I'm going to do
    Swanny is the waskly wabbit.
    Temet Nosce
    Don't worry.....Be happy 44

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

It’s a fact that humans do not need to sacrifice another animal for sustenance. We are always being tested because life is really nothing but a hugh classroom. Humans are arguably the most intelligent species on the planet; we have the choice to harm/slaughter other animals for our benefits…in knowing so…I choose life over death.

make love not war.

Peace
    Last edited by Peace of Mind; 21st April 2010 at 17:00.

14. Link to Post #14
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MargueriteBee (here)

Give up sex? That's easy, especially now that I am fat and sassy!
    So it is not about eating or not eating, I mean if you have put on weight...

but you are sassy....

a.

15. Link to Post #15
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swanny (here)

If you give up eating you're not going to have the energy to give your partner a dam good seeing too
    and think about if the sun's activity will cause powercuts, all will live in the darkness,
    or work hard, so only those who are eating could survive as they have the energy to do the hard physical work.

a.

16. Link to Post #16
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default ???

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)

My understanding is that all things are "left" for us to experiment and enjoy.
    Could you please elaborate here,
    who or what left us "sex " or "love making" for us to experiment and enjoy ?

an abstract God, Goddess ? who created an Eve for Adam to play with ?

or Annunakis who played with our DNA ?

However, not all are useful to "our" spiritual growth. Some are quite destructive especially if abused, and can also get you on the path of addiction, etc.
    I think everything is useful for our spiritual growth, as we are spirits
    experiencing in physical bodies,( but it does not mean that we have to engage ourselves in cruel activities).

The sex, talking about sexuality is one of the last big taboos, secrest,
    in the world as general, and in many people personal lives.

The one who did a lot of damage is FREUD by sexualizing even our minds.
    Not all is about sex...

As long as "we realize that our true nature is divine", and tame "our" ego, the spiritual growth takes place.
    I am more than fed up this ego conversation...it has been going on for months and months
    leading nowhere....

Beginning with this stage, one becomes less & less dependent to "things" that he/she previously enjoyed when in a lower state of consciousness.
    Sex or love making is not a thing, it is not about a size of ...

...in one's own ego state.
    and here we go again...

Love,
    a.

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

So I accept and dont do what it takes to change that part of my life.

Another point of view comes from my understanding of the mind.
    There is a NLP book "Negotiation of parts" which explains that we sometimes have conflicting wants and needs. The parts enter into negotiation subconsciously and bring about the best compromise.
    As said before my prime intention is enlightenment so the parts negotiation may have come up with celibacy as the best option at present.
    Chris
    First of all, thank you for answering the way you did. I must admit I was not expecting such a ... let's say proper answer.
    My opinion is , it would be useless and a lie to say I'm sorry for your accident , since it most surely has a great place in the course of your life, so as it is beneficial and not something to pity.
    Further on : you said yourself that you would not want to change that part of your life , so here we are again -> choice.
    And regarding your explanation of conflicting wants and needs , I must say I actually "felt" that , I do agree and , as you said, while enlightenment is your prime intention, I do believe that is nevertheless tightly related to choice as well.
    Anyway, an interesting point of view
    Still, I do hope you have no regrets , since that would be useless !

P.S. Might just start a thread about that, having you mention it

Love and peace

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Default Re: ???

Quote Posted by annemirri (here)
    Hello anne
    First of all , I would like to start with a small piece of advice ( of course it is your choice if you believe it or not, but I do hope I won't upset you or anything, by simply offering my advice - it has happened to me in the past )
    I think I can see why the whole ego conversation might annoy you , and see it is "leading nowhere" . But still , you should also consider thinking of the simple fact that you've been reading the thread, so it most surely has a purpose although it might not be obvious / material or logic . There are lots of things we do not yet understand and some we will never, under our current state of evolution. Things shall become more and more clear to us as we evolve. So as, the purpose of many things my seem rather non-existent than sublime and perfect, as it actually is. So, rather than trying to find the purpose of something, try and observe it simply as it is - and it's real purpose might be revealed to you, in "time" . And this doesn't go just for this thread, but for many other things and experiences you might "stumble" into .

Back to your first remark :
    who left us "sex" or "love making " to experiment and enjoy ?
    Creation itself . Creation is perfect and things are always as they are supposed to be.
    No beings such as the Annunakis or any other can change the main course of evolution and experience. They are also part of what we are currently experiencing, and if they were not here , we could not accumulate this specific package of info with which to return to our higher selves and continue or evolution. So rather than having the feeling that something said is wrong and correcting it, try observing and maybe understand the very perspective it was elaborated from
    Sorry if I am sometimes too ambiguous . There are things I do not manage to express the way I would like to , but I'm working on that

Love and peace for you !

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Smile Check the link...

Quote Posted by annemirri (here)

The sex, talking about sexuality is one of the last big taboos, secrest,
    in the world as general, and in many people personal lives.

The one who did a lot of damage is FREUD by sexualizing even our minds.
    Not all is about sex...

Sex or love making is not a thing, it is not about a size of ...

and here we go again...

Love,
    a.
    Anne, since this is a subject that seems to interest you at this time, it will be a good point to start your search here; maybe you'll find some answers that you resonate with.

Thank you, also to Perplex for bringing some light to the surface...

~ Dan ~
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

20. Link to Post #20
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: ???

I think I can see why the whole ego conversation might annoy you , and see it is "leading nowhere" . But still , you should also consider thinking of the simple fact that you've been reading the thread,
    To be honest, I haven't been reading,
    I just see new posts here and on myspiritualoasis.org on ego threads, and almost every thread that certain people have participated in they mention "EGO", and that has been enough for me.
    But, today I DID participate !

who left us "sex" or "love making " to experiment and enjoy ?
    Creation itself . Creation is perfect and things are always as they are supposed to be.
    So, could we draw a conclusion from what you wrote that
    celibacy is bad or wrong if the creation is perfect and it created love making, sex, for us ?
    Hmm...

No beings such as the Annunakis or any other can change the main course of evolution and experience.
    I would not be so sure about that, though I do not know about Annunakis.

So rather than having the feeling that something said is wrong and correcting it, try observing and maybe understand the very perspective it was elaborated from
    I do not understand what you are saying here,
    I haven't written that sex is wrong, or have I ? I am asking questions,
    and I have all right for my own feelings, observations, or even judgements.

a.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast