+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do they make so much money???

1. Link to Post #1
    Guatemala Avalon Member Mayan2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How do they make so much money???

I am asking this because I am very confused.

I am sure you are all very familiar with FaceBook.

If am not mistaken we all use FaceBook the same way.

We open a free account then log on a dozen times a day to check on new messages for free.

I have never been asked to pay anything nor have any of my friends or family.

So...... How on earth is FaceBook worth 50 billion dollars, that's $50,000,000,000????

Where does aaaallll that money come from?? Why is it worth so much???
    ~WHEN THE LOVE OF POWER IS OVERCOME BY THE POWER OF LOVE, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: How do they make so much money???

From all the advertisers who buy those little ads that appear along the side of your FB page. They market the details of every single member to marketers who can target FB's users via very sophisticated demographic targeting -- age, race, income, level of education, hobbies, interests, etc.

They make an obscene fortune from advertisers each and every minute of each and every day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to unplugged For This Post:

Mayan2012 (8th February 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Guatemala Avalon Member Mayan2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by unplugged (here)
    From all the advertisers who buy those little ads that appear along the side of your FB page. They market the details of every single member to marketers who can target FB's users via very sophisticated demographic targeting -- age, race, income, level of education, hobbies, interests, etc.

They make an obscene fortune from advertisers each and every minute of each and every day.
    Thanks for your answer but I find it hard to believe that it is so profitable. $50,000,000,000 is a lot of money. Hmmm
    ~WHEN THE LOVE OF POWER IS OVERCOME BY THE POWER OF LOVE, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Yes, Facebook most likely makes money on advertising, however, I even doubt they are worth the previous valuation of about $12 billion. The current private stock shareholders are trying to sell it to other people in order to push the value higher. This will probably cause a bubble to burst if Facebook ever has an IPO. The banksters responsible for selling the stock and getting more people into the "scam" is Goldman Sachs. That's the very reason people should avoid this like the plague.

Facebook is in no way ever really worth $50 billion.

It's called overvaluation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Post:

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Whitehaze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,167 times in 293 posts

Not only do they make money from adverts, they make money from those stupid little games that people play. they let you get so far and then make it so you can either wait a day to play again or you can pay to play full time. Farmville, Wheel of Fortune, Braaaains, etc etc. And the vegatables will pay to play.
    In the light of the day the other light is hidden, never the less that other light still exists seen by other eyes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitehaze For This Post:

9. Link to Post #6
    El Salvador Avalon Member SHAPE's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't have a facebook account. So not sure on what disclaimers you sign or not. But my understanding is that the actual database (members) is what is woth the $$$$$ this of course in on top of the advertising and rights of the actual url of FACEBOOK value. Having said that the $50 billion dollar tag, does incoprate some speculative value too. Very sure thery are very profitable business, however, have not ever looked at their financials to verify their profitabilaty.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHAPE For This Post:

Mayan2012 (8th February 2011), unplugged (8th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Now, let's all remember it's "funny money" to begin with. That said, IF Facebook has 400,000,000 million users worldwide, and each member is estimated to be worth 10 cents per day in revenue to Facebook (trust me -- it's MUCH more), then you have a valuation of $40 million per DAY!

(BTW, thanks, Whitehaze, for mentioning the games. That is certainly a big money-maker as well.)

Now, if we put a more realistic price-tag of every member being worth 25c per day to Facebook, we're looking at $100 million per day.

If anything, the value is being underestimated so as limit excessive IRS looting -- the IRS being the only racket run by the PT-(Whatever) that exceeds even the Federal Reserve in its ubiquitous, obnoxious illegal presence.
    Last edited by unplugged; 8th February 2011 at 18:07.

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,169 times in 10,476 posts

Quote Posted by Mayan2012 (here)

We open a free account then log on a dozen times a day to check on new messages for free.

So...... How on earth is FaceBook worth 50 billion dollars, that's $50,000,000,000????

Are you kidding me my awake and aware brother/sister???

Facebook is the ultimate in intel gathering tool.

Where would you guess the money comes from????

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Calz For This Post:

happyexpat (9th February 2011)

14. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member Caterpillars Lens's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)
    Quote Posted by Mayan2012 (here)

Are you kidding me my awake and aware brother/sister???

Facebook is the ultimate in intel gathering tool.

Where would you guess the money comes from????
    Right on the spot - the informations all facebook users are putting there voluntary is PRICELESS

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Caterpillars Lens For This Post:

Calz (8th February 2011)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by unplugged (here)
    Now, let's all remember it's "funny money" to begin with. That said, IF Facebook has 400,000,000 million users worldwide, and each member is estimated to be worth 10 cents per day in revenue to Facebook (trust me -- it's MUCH more), then you have a valuation of $40 million per DAY!

(BTW, thanks, Whitehaze, for mentioning the games. That is certainly a big money-maker as well.)

Now, if we put a more realistic price-tag of every member being worth 25c per day to Facebook, we're looking at $100 million per day.

If anything, the value is being underestimated so as limit excessive IRS looting -- the IRS being the only racket run by the PT-(Whatever) that exceeds even the Federal Reserve in its ubiquitous, obnoxious illegal presence.
    Having used Facebook to advertise my business, I can tell you that $.10 is too low. I would estimate, at minimum, $1 per day per member. But, even at only $.10 per member per day, yearly ad revenue alone would be $14.6 billion!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Necromancer For This Post:

unplugged (8th February 2011)

18. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member JDM's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont have a FB account. Or many online accounts period.
    They wont get all my info! and by they I mean datamining operations and companies (NSA) that use it to know everything about an individual

Almost everyone I know does have one though. Allways posting on their "tweety books" and "Facey places"

I know they get money when an ad is diplayed and even more when someone clicks on them. I cant believe people actually click those things.
    Like the one where the women or guy makes $1000 a day in (whatever town your IP address is located).
    Last edited by JDM; 8th February 2011 at 19:11.

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member Caterpillars Lens's Avatar
    Thanks

It is all about control -the best way to control large population is to indulge their ego. There is wonderful BBC documentary called The_Century_of_the_Self

It explains a lot

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Caterpillars Lens For This Post:

unplugged (8th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread