+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The MSM "COINPROTEL" has started 'WikiLeaks fury at ex-employee's tell-all book'

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default The MSM "COINPROTEL" has started 'WikiLeaks fury at ex-employee's tell-all book'

A WAR of words has erupted between WikiLeaks and a disgruntled former employee who published a tell-all book dishing the dirt on the whistleblowing website and its founder Julian Assange.

Inside WikiLeaks is billed as an account of Daniel Domscheit-Berg's time as programmer and media spokesman for what his book, due for release in 16 countries from today, calls "the world's most dangerous website."

It says the "chaotic" WikiLeaks cannot protect its sources, accuses the "power-obsessed" Assange of betraying the website's founding ideals and says that Assange was worryingly secretive about WikiLeaks' finances.

He calls the 39-year-old Australian "brilliant" but "paranoid" but also a "megalomaniac" whose personal hygiene and eating habits suggest he was "brought up more by wolves rather than humans."

Domscheit-Berg also said that when he left along with others in September he took important software vital to the security of the WikiLeaks site and blocked access by Assange to about 3500 documents.

"Children shouldn't play with guns," he says in the book. "We will only return the material to Julian if and when he can prove that he can store the material securely and handle it carefully and responsibly."

Assange also has links with "dubious" people including Israel Shamir, a "famous Holocaust denier and anti-Semite" from Sweden, Domscheit-Berg told reporters as he presented his book in Berlin.

"This is alarming, to put it mildly. I was very shocked," he said.

WikiLeaks said it has launched legal action, playing down Domscheit-Berg's importance within the organisation and countering that his claims were based on "limited information or malicious falsifications."

"In the book Domscheit-Berg confesses to various acts of sabotage against the organisation," WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said in a statement.

"It should be noted that Domscheit-Berg's roles within WikiLeaks were limited and started to diminish almost a year ago as his integrity and stability were questioned."

Domscheit-Berg, along with others, left WikiLeaks in September complaining that Assange was autocratic and that the organisation, ironically for a group on a crusade for openness, was becoming excessively secretive.

"When Julian decided to misrepresent the situation around my departure publicly, and started to discredit me with half-truths and lies, I decided to get some of the facts straight," Domscheit-Berg told AFP.

Founded in 2006, WikiLeaks caused a storm last year with major document leaks on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as publishing US diplomatic cables that have caused Washington and others considerable embarrassment.

The leaks have earned Assange and WikiLeaks massive public attention and plenty of enemies.

Assange is currently in London fighting extradition to Sweden over allegations of rape and molestation following his arrest by British police in December, a case he says is politically motivated.

In the book, Domscheit-Berg also has a dig at Assange's attitude to women, recounting how he used to "boast" about how many children he had fathered around the world, and even alleges that Assange abused Domscheit-Berg's cat.

"Julian's main criterion for a woman was simple. She had to be young. Preferably younger than 22 ... 'She has to be aware of her role as a woman,' he used to say," according to the book.

"We were once best friends, Julian and I, or at least something like that," he says in the German-language version of the book.

"Sometimes I hate him so much that I get scared that I might get violent with him if he ever crossed my path again. But then I think he might need my help."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226004259921

TOMORROW: Read exclusive extracts from the book in The Weekend Australian...See below post
    Last edited by jackovesk; 11th February 2011 at 17:55.

2. Link to Post #2
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Default Re: The MSM "COINPROTEL" has started 'WikiLeaks fury at ex-employee's tell-all book'

Here is that mind control paradigm again. Israel Shamir is a jew, yet he is an anti-semite?
    Pfffffffffffft.

3. Link to Post #3
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Re: The MSM "COINPROTEL" has started 'WikiLeaks fury at ex-employee's tell-all book'

Inside WikiLeaks: exclusive extract

JULIAN Assange cut a suave figure for his extradition hearing in Britain this week but a new book by his former lieutenant Daniel Domscheit-Berg reveals how differently this man of intrigue operates privately.

Below is part of an extract published exclusively in The Weekend Australian. Read the full extract in the paper today or on The Australian’s iPad app.

JULIAN had made a huge impression on me. This lanky Australian was someone who didn't let anyone boss him around or stop him from pursuing his work. He was also well read and had strong opinions about a number of topics.

He was always judging people on their "usefulness", however he defined that category in a given situation. In his eyes, even particularly gifted hackers were idiots if they didn't apply their talents toward a larger goal.

Even back then I thought that his uncompromising personality and extreme opinions, which he would simply spit out undiplomatically, would put him at odds with a lot of people.

I didn't ask myself then whether his behaviour was normal or not. For me, Julian Assange was not only the founder of WL but also the hacker known as Mendax, a member of the famous International Subversives, one of the greatest hackers in the world, and the co-author-researcher (with Suelette Dreyfus) of Underground: Tales of Hacking, Madness and Obsession from the Electronic Frontier, a highly respected book among connoisseurs.

We hit it off right from the start. He asked me very few personal questions. I think he respected me as someone who had said straightaway that he'd like to help and then showed commitment. That was probably more than what he had got from most other people at that point.

What's more, WikiLeaks quickly established a bond between us. We believed in the same ideals. We were equals; at least, that's the way I felt. Julian may have founded WikiLeaks, and he may have had more experience than I did, but right from the start I had the feeling that we were a pretty awesome team.

At the end of 2008, Julian came to Wiesbaden and lived with me for two months. This was typical of him. He didn't have a fixed address, crashing instead at other people's places.

Usually, all he carried with him was his backpack with his two notebook computers and a bunch of cell-phone chargers, although he could seldom find the one he needed. He wore several layers of clothing. Even indoors, he wore two pairs of pants - though I've never understood why - and even several pairs of socks.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-d...-1226004610822
    Last edited by jackovesk; 11th February 2011 at 17:57.

+ Reply to Thread