+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: What Is This Audio Recording?

1. Link to Post #101
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Default Re: What Is This Audio Recording?

I say, I have attempted to share evidence of one event in my life – I stand behind my words with such evidence, my name, photo and video. I do not know how the said was recorded and I have woken up to the “tune” in my past. What this means I do not know – however, I do feel there is a message with this for me; which I do not understand at this time. Thank you to everyone who participated with this – know, I still seek an answer.

I remain silent now as I leave.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

DoubleHelix (24th June 2011), ktlight (24th June 2011), sunflower (24th June 2011)

3. Link to Post #102
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    I say, I have attempted to share evidence of one event in my life – I stand behind my words with such evidence, my name, photo and video. I do not know how the said was recorded and I have woken up to the “tune” in my past. What this means I do not know – however, I do feel there is a message with this for me; which I do not understand at this time. Thank you to everyone who participated with this – know, I still seek an answer.

I remain silent now as I leave.
    Consider this ...

All smartphones can be remotely activated. It appears to me yours was, but somehow the mic and speaker were activated together which resulted in an eventual feedback sound, triggered by a sound that was made or that your recorder had made as a result of receiving some sound. This appears to have been "timed" -- to an "expected" event perhaps?

The sound is very familiar to most as anyone who has lost consciousness and was "awake" for the process of "coming to" hears that sound while the frequencies that your brain receives in the form of "ethereal" sounds, adjusts to receive "physical" sounds that your physical ears are receiving. I'm not sure if "feedback" is the right term for this ... more like "frequency alignment" -- a similar effect happens with your "touch" sensors when a hand falls asleep and "tingles" while your body re-syncs the electrical signal frequency.

Some of the other poster's speculations seem to support this.

As a general curiosity .. why have you deleted all the files at the end of your links?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. Link to Post #103
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Consider this ... why have you deleted all the files at the end of your links?
    ...okay...

5. Link to Post #104
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It was a serious question ... okay?

6. Link to Post #105
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    As a general curiosity .. why have you deleted all the files at the end of your links?
    Chances are he didn't, mediafire & other sites that perform the same task delete files after about 30 to 60 days of its last download so they can free up storage space.

King Anthony, any chance you could re upload the clear recording so I can take a listen to it? if its not to much trouble that is

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (11th April 2012)

8. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

He left which is sad
    If everyday I can bring a smile to a persons face than I can go peacefully into the nite.

9. Link to Post #107
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There's more to all of this than meets the eye, I am pretty sure ...

10. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

interesting story king, but unfortunately the link didn't work for me.

11. Link to Post #109
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

People, I have some weird stuff on my tape recorder. I lived in this haunted place two years ago, it either had a portal that opened at certain times to a different dimension or there was a stone, yes stone, underneath the house that acted as a tape recorder and it recorded everything that occured at that place over time, and I am not joking. I actually contacted this guy in Calgary, he had his own company thingsthatgobumpinthenight dot com, he even taught some classes on how to do investigations on haunted houses. Well, I had this guy download some of my stuff and he never got back to me, so I never found out if my place was haunted or I was nuts. Either way I wanted to know. I think he used my stuff in his classes and then kicked my ass, so to speak.

I want to finally figure out what it is that is speaking on the tape recorder that I used during the nights when I was sleeping. What is the best way to transfer the info on the voice activated tape recorder into the computer? I am just really stupid in computers.

12. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Cilka, I hope the following explanation helps you to record the sound from your tape onto your computer.

In short:
    1. Get the right type of cable to connect your tape recorder/player's audio OUTPUT to your computer's audio INPUT (microphone/Line In socket). Plug in the cable.
    2. Open your sound recording software.
    3. Select the file format for the sound you are about to record.
    4. Adjust your recording levels (input sensitivity).
    5. Record the sound on your computer.

If you can't make sense of it, tell me where you get stuck and I will do my best to explain it to you.

1. Get the right type of cable
    You need to connect your tape recorder/player's Line Out or headphone socket to your PC's microphone/Line In socket.

The type of cable you need depends on the type and size of your tape recorder/player's Line Out sockets or headphone sockets.

If your tape recorder/player is very old, it will probably have a 1/4 inch headphone socket and two RCA sockets for left and right Line Out. In this case, the best option is to use a cable that has two RCA male plugs on one end and a 1/8 inch (3.5mm) stereo jack (male) plug on the other end. See picture below.

2 x RCA male to 3.5mm jack cable

Connect the two RCA plugs to the left and right Line Out sockets and plug the 3.5mm jack into the microphone/Line In socket on your computer.

If your tape recorder/player is relatively new (approx. 10 years old or less), then it probably has a 1/8 inch (3.5mm) headphone socket. In this case, you need a 3.5mm jack (male) to 3.5mm jack stereo cable. See picture below.

3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack stereo cable (note the two black rings on the jacks - this tells you it is a stereo cable)

Plug one end into your tape recorder/player's headphone socket and plug the other end into your computer's microphone/Line In socket.

If your tape recorder/player only has a 1/4 inch (7mm) headphone socket and no RCA Line Out sockets, then you will need a 7mm jack (male) to 3.5mm socket (female) stereo adaptor. See picture below. You will also need a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male stereo cable (see picture above).

7mm jack to 3.5mm socket (Please note, these pictures are not to scale.) The cable above plugs into the socket of this adapter.

If in doubt, take your tape recorder/player to any audio or electronics store and tell them what you want to do. They should be able to supply the correct cable (and adaptor, if needed).

2. Open your sound recording software
    You could use the sound recorder software that comes with Windows, called Sound Recorder (NOT recommended) or you can download much better free software to do the recording. (See more about free software in the video below and the link at the end of this post).

If you have a Macintosh computer, you can use the Garage Band (free) software that comes with your mac.

3. Select the file format for the sound you are about to record
    In the recording software, select the format of the file you are about to record - either .WAV (CD-Audio) format or MP3 (compressed audio) format.

If you record a .WAV format file (the format used on CD Audio discs), you can easily convert the .WAV file to .MP3 format for sharing on the internet. If you ONLY want to share the sound on the internet, then set the file format to .MP3 before you start recording. How you do this depends on which software you use to record.

WAV format is better quality sound but a MUCH bigger file size - not suitable for sharing on the internet. MP3 format is commonly used on the internet because of the much smaller file size. There are literally dozens of different sub-formats for MP3 and each sub format will produce a file of different sizes.

4. Adjust the recording level (mic/line input sensitivity)
    Find the loudest part of the tape and play this while you listen to the sound coming out of your computer.

You may need to adjust the output volume on the tape recorder/player and/or adjust the recording level (input sensitivity) on the computer's microphone/Line In input (this is done in software). If you are not sure how to do this, search Google (or other search engine) for the phrase "how to adjust microphone input level". Precisely how you do this depends on the type of computer and the software you are using. There is a good explanation for PC, with pictures, in the link at the end of this post.

If the volume is too loud or the input level is too high, the sound recorded on the computer will be distorted (horrible sounding noise when the sound is loudest or possibly all of the time).

The recording or audio mixer software should have some type of visual display meter representing the input (mic/line) level. Ideally, to avoid the recording on the computer being distorted, you want the loudest sounds to go close to maximum but not hit the maximum level. If there is no visual meter, just use your ears to set the mic/line input level so it sounds as clear as possible.

5. Record the sound from the tape onto your computer
    Now you should be ready to record the sound from the tape onto your computer.

Make sure you rewind the tape to the start.

To start recording, press RECORD on the recording program, then press PLAY on the tape recorder/player.

To stop recording, press STOP on the recording program then press STOP on the tape recorder/player (if it didn't already stop itself).

I suggest you do a short test recording (about 10 seconds), then listen to the sound quality on your computer. If you are happy with the sound quality of the recording on your computer, rewind the tape and record everything from the tape.

If everything I just explained is "clear as mud", try watching the video below and/or view the web page in the link at the end of this post.

The following video is a tutorial that shows you step-by-step how to record from your tape recorder/player to your PC. Coincidentally, the guy who made the video is a paranormal investigator.

The following web page explains how to record from tape (or LP/vinyl record) onto your computer, then onto CD. It is worth looking at this page if it helps you to understand the recording process.

http://www.pbcomp.com.au/record-musi...ape-or-lp.html

If you are still confused, just ask and I will do my best to help. It might be best to send me a Private Message in case I forget to come back to this thread.

Good luck!
    Cjay.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

Alekahn (17th April 2012), panopticon (17th April 2012)

14. Link to Post #111
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cilka (here)
    People, I have some weird stuff on my tape recorder. I lived in this haunted place two years ago, it either had a portal that opened at certain times to a different dimension or there was a stone, yes stone, underneath the house that acted as a tape recorder and it recorded everything that occured at that place over time, and I am not joking. I actually contacted this guy in Calgary, he had his own company thingsthatgobumpinthenight dot com, he even taught some classes on how to do investigations on haunted houses. Well, I had this guy download some of my stuff and he never got back to me, so I never found out if my place was haunted or I was nuts. Either way I wanted to know. I think he used my stuff in his classes and then kicked my ass, so to speak.

I want to finally figure out what it is that is speaking on the tape recorder that I used during the nights when I was sleeping. What is the best way to transfer the info on the voice activated tape recorder into the computer? I am just really stupid in computers.
    My ex had a psychic reading done once and the session was audio taped. In the tape you can hear a voice that was not there at the time (not really a human voice either - higher pitched and a bit squeaky - like how one might realistically imagine a cat talking). In one spot where the voice was most clear, you could hear the voice saying the same response of the psychic, but just ahead of when the psychic spoke it -- as though a being was "telling" the psychic what to say, or speaking through her in some way .. it was a bit creepy.

15. Link to Post #112
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 times in 355 posts

Thanks Cjay, I will give it a try. I cannot wait to find out what the voices say, no matter what it is I will be OK as I no longer live there. If I lived there now and I found out that a dark entity resided there with me, to be honest with you I think I would poop in my pants. I will keep you posted.

DeDukshyn,that sounds like the psychic had a connection to an entity residing in 4D. Creepy, indeed. That's why people should question psychics and not believe everything they say. Most of them are under the control of these entities, but then again there are some that are amazingly accurate and genuine. You got a proof that psychics can and are under the influence of something that cannot be seen or heard. Most people don't want to know the truth which is sad.

16. Link to Post #113
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by Cjay (here)
    Cilka, I hope the following explanation helps you to record the sound from your tape onto your computer.
    Excellent post Cjay!

I shall be adding it to my growing collection of useful links to provide to others.
    Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6