+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARREST WARRANT issued for Musharraf over the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default ARREST WARRANT issued for Musharraf over the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto!

Pervez Musharraf arrest warrant for Benazir Bhutto slaying

A PAKISTANI court has issued an arrest warrant for former President Pervez Musharraf over the assassination of ex-prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

“Judge Rana Nisar Ahmad has issued non-bailable warrant for former President Pervez Musharraf and directed him to appear before the court on February 19,” public prosectur Chaudhry Zulfiqar told AFP.

He said that “a joint investigation team that had been formed to probe the assassination said in its report Musharraf had involvement in the case and was equally responsible.”

“The report said it was a broad conspiracy involving Pervez Musharraf, two police officials and terrorists,” Ali said after the closed-door hearing that took place in Rawalpindi's Adiala prison.

Musharraf, who was president when Bhutto was killed in 2007, is in self-imposed exile in London.

Musharraf's spokesman in London said that he will not comply with the warrant.

“No, he won't be going back for this hearing,” Fawad Chaudhry said, adding that the warrant was “totally ridiculous”.

Asked what would happen if Musharraf did not appear in the court on the next date of the hearing, the prosecutor said: “We will see when the time comes.”

In December, police arrested two senior police officers, Saud Aziz and Khurram Shahzad, for alleged dereliction of duty over the assassination of Bhutto after a court issued their arrest warrants.

Aziz, who was city police chief at the time of the killing, and Shahzad, another senior policeman in Rawalpindi, had been arrested for their “failure” to protect Bhutto.

Bhutto was killed in a gun and suicide attack after addressing an election campaign rally in the garrison city, near the capital Islamabad, on December 27, 2007.

Bhutto, who served two terms as prime minister, returned from exile two months before she was assassinated to stand for election.

Her widower, Asif Ali Zardari, led her Pakistan People's Party to election victory in February 2008 and is now president.

In April, a UN panel accused the government of failing to provide Bhutto with adequate protection and said investigations were hampered by intelligence agencies and other officials who impeded “an unfettered search for the truth”.

Former military leader Musharraf has lived in London since he was replaced by the elected Zardari.

At the time of Bhutto's death, Musharraf's government blamed the assassination on Pakistan's Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud, who denied any involvement.

Mehsud was killed in a US drone attack in August 2009, one of the most high-profile casualties of the covert American campaign targeting Al-Qaeda and its allies in Pakistan's lawless tribal belt on the Afghan border.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226005037358

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Default Re: ARREST WARRANT issued for Musharraf over the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto!

if he is guilty, let there be justice!!

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: ARREST WARRANT issued for Musharraf over the Assassination of Benazir Bhutto!

i knew he had something to do with her death. It was all too suspicious that after talks with Musharraf, that she would get killed.

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by LeoNorth (here)
    i knew he had something to do with her death. It was all too suspicious that after talks with Musharraf, that she would get killed.
    Wow, I believe he had something to do with it. Some other forces may also really want to get him out as well. Which one? The American? Israelis? Russians? Chinese? or others. For what reasons? What isn't he doing he should be for the Power that be?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

davyj0nes (17th February 2011)

6. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Wow, I believe he had something to do with it. Some other forces may also really want to get him out as well. Which one? The American? Israelis? Russians? Chinese? or others. For what reasons? What isn't he doing he should be for the Power that be?
    Well the sad truth is I believe this was an internal power play. I believe i was listening to NPR on the drive home one day, and they spoke Benazir Bhutto and Pakistani political culture. The interview likened Pakistan to the feudal states of Europe during the dark ages. Each political family, or institution out for their own gain. There has always been bad blood between Bhutto, and Musharraf. I remember when NPR reported that Musharraf and Bhutto had come to an agreement that would allow her to return, and all i could remember thinking was, don't go Benazir he's trying to get you.
    I think that was her mistake, she was far more powerful living in exile making trouble for Musharraf than returning home into the open jaws of Musharraf.
    Last edited by davyj0nes; 16th February 2011 at 03:10.

7. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I kept this photo because it was somehow very compelling to me...
    If memory serves this was less than a month prior to her death
    Attached Images  

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Levi For This Post:

davyj0nes (17th February 2011), jackovesk (18th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #7
    Norway Avalon Member chelmostef's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 292 posts

The assassination of Bhutto was in my opinion a CIA and Co job..... The question is why is this coming out now!!! Are they trying to destabilizing Pakistan..

Or is this about the truth.

This could be one of the large scale media events in the making... The destabilization of Pakistan, I mean.

10. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Levi (here)
    I kept this photo because it was somehow very compelling to me...If memory serves this was less than a month prior to her death
    Maybe it could have been a bodyguard, or reporter?

11. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

The way they look at each other; here are two people who feel deeply for each other. And how her hands are positioned; something here but I've not found it yet.

+ Reply to Thread