Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast

Thread: Time to move on.

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Time to move on.

I dont want to make a huge fuss about this or to fanfare my own departure from Avalon but the feeling I get from being here has changed this year and I am no longer happy being a part of it.

My instinct is that all this 'Charles' material has flooded Avalon and diluted many important messages and I feel personally that things have changed for good and it is time to find a new home.

Take care everyone.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArtyCarl For This Post:

Bright Garlick (16th February 2011), InCiDeR (16th February 2011), John Parslow (16th February 2011), moais (16th February 2011), Steven (16th February 2011), WhiteStar (16th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

Default Re: Time to move on.

Home is where the heart is.

But

Where I lay my hats my home, I'm a rolling stone.

So Good luck.

Edit: Personally I think this is the time where I need to remember our numbers. I know its not quantity over quality, but I get reassured knowing who's around and kicking about. Even when I dont agree with them I know that as long as the conversations are happening, something will always be produced out of it.
    Last edited by firstlook; 16th February 2011 at 00:29. Reason: message

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firstlook For This Post:

Autumn (16th February 2011), Buchanan561 (16th February 2011), NancyV (16th February 2011), The HoppyBunny (16th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

If you don't want to be a part of the "Charles Material" then don't. There are still many relevant, useful, informative, and needed posts. If they are not on the front page then go to "new posts" or the "forum page" and be a part of what YOU want to be a part of.

If everyone leaves that does not like the quantity of "Charles" posts then all we WILL have will be the "Charles" posts.

We are all a part of this forum. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT.

7. The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Pamela For This Post:

ace (16th February 2011), Adaiahsshadow (16th February 2011), Amenjo (16th February 2011), Ami (16th February 2011), angellight (16th February 2011), Art (16th February 2011), Billy (16th February 2011), Bluebird (16th February 2011), bonus (16th February 2011), Brodie75 (16th February 2011), Buchanan561 (16th February 2011), christian (16th February 2011), chrstian_indianapolis (16th February 2011), DoubleHelix (16th February 2011), Fructedor (16th February 2011), Harley (16th February 2011), Hiram (16th February 2011), Icecold (16th February 2011), InCiDeR (16th February 2011), JDM (16th February 2011), Levi (16th February 2011), Lord Sidious (16th February 2011), Lunar (16th February 2011), magicmanx (16th February 2011), Midnight Rambler (16th February 2011), moonchild (16th February 2011), mrmalco (16th February 2011), Muzz (16th February 2011), NancyV (16th February 2011), Nortreb (16th February 2011), perfectresonance (16th February 2011), red_rose (16th February 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), scribbler (16th February 2011), sepia (16th February 2011), sheddie (16th February 2011), slipknotted (16th February 2011), Sowelu (16th February 2011), T Smith (16th February 2011), taizen (16th February 2011), take (17th February 2011), Teakai (16th February 2011), TigerLilly (16th February 2011), webyourstuff (17th February 2011)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 times in 687 posts

What Pam says. Ignore the Charles material if you're tired of it. There's other material here besides Charles.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lost Soul For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (16th February 2011), mrmalco (16th February 2011), NancyV (16th February 2011), PHARAOH (16th February 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011)

10. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,458 times in 576 posts

I am considering moving to a private website so please don't be hasty,I will only be here for a little longer really.
    If bill wishes me to move quicker and go now do the rest somewhere else no prob.

Also I really don't know forums , and actually thought they could put it all in another box somewhere out of the way for those that want I'm sure they will find it.

No resistance from me about anything you have said.

Sorry you are leaving,do you think you could discuss what I've said and find away around the move.

All the best

Atticus

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Gotta go with your intuition, though: (from a link in one of the general discussion forums) "Wherever you go, there you are. This is known as the "Law of Growth." True change must begin with yourself. Wherever you may flee to in life, in order to escape some situation, is pointless if the problem is you."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to s3nru For This Post:

Buchanan561 (16th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member drizzt's Avatar
    Thanks

if you go please let us know where you go if we want to contact you!

you are a motivator if you dont think so..

best wishes and be blessed

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drizzt For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (16th February 2011), Sunshine (16th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Atticus (here)
    I am considering moving to a private website so please don't be hasty,I will only be here for a little longer really.
    If bill wishes me to move quicker and go now do the rest somewhere else no prob.

Also I really don't know forums , and actually thought they could put it all in another box somewhere out of the way for those that want I'm sure they will find it.

Sorry you are leaving,do you think you could discuss what I've said and find away around the move.

All the best

Atticus
    I would suggest that you stay. This is more about the people leaving than those staying.
    Some may want you to go, some may want you to stay, but at the end of the day, if YOU believe the info you have is worth discussing, then the decision is yours.
    For myself, I would prefer you stay.

16. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)

All the best

Atticus
    I would suggest that you stay. This is more about the people leaving than those staying.
    Some may want you to go, some may want you to stay, but at the end of the day, if YOU believe the info you have is worth discussing, then the decision is yours.
    Just to avoid misunderstanding I will set up a private site,and any avalonian will get a pass no problem of course , but this will help with this problem I thought,or as I said ,can we box it up out of the way to stop any upset for this site.

As I said a suggestion , I realy don't like the idea of peole moving at all, I have had no control over the site , I would not have the first clue about the forum.

All the best

Atticus

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Atticus how can you even think of leaving? After answering THOUSANDS of questions! Do you realize you will have to start ALL over!

I hope your fingers have calluses!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pamela For This Post:

Harley (16th February 2011), scribbler (16th February 2011), Yoda (16th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I'm posting on Charles' material, Spirituality, Gardening, Free Energy, Environment, Remote Healing, UFOs and ETs, OBEs...

Stick around and add to the dimensions.

Dennis

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Ami (16th February 2011), Bluebird (16th February 2011), Caren (16th February 2011), FutureLeFunk (16th February 2011), gigawatt (16th February 2011), gigha (16th February 2011), Icecold (16th February 2011), Lettherebelight (16th February 2011), magicmanx (16th February 2011), Pamela (16th February 2011), sepia (16th February 2011), shijo (16th February 2011), Yoda (16th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

All the best

Atticus
    atticus / charles,

i am a provisional member because i prefer to listen and read and observe,

this would be a pm if i could. perhaps a private website would keep the signal to noise ratio higher.
    perhaps more can be accomplished quietly...

MAY THE WORDS WE SPEAK BE MORE PROFOUND THAN THE SILENCE WE BREAK.

please let me know where the next phase is going to be (if not here)

thanks for all that you are and have put up with,

tgn333

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgn333 For This Post:

Circles of TRUTH (17th February 2011), scribbler (16th February 2011), Sowelu (16th February 2011), WhiteStar (16th February 2011), Yoda (16th February 2011), ZuLiZ (16th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #14
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Hold fast Artycarl, The wind is picking up and Avalon is on the move.
    Yes there is a new horizon but she is still a good ship.
    Most of these young-uns never seen a bar of soap nor smoked a length of rope but the salt will soon get in their skin and show them the way
    Last edited by bilko; 16th February 2011 at 04:06.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Buchanan561 (16th February 2011), Gardener (16th February 2011), magicmanx (16th February 2011), Sunshine (16th February 2011), witchy1 (16th February 2011)

25. Link to Post #15
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

All the best

Atticus
    Just to avoid misunderstanding I will set up a private site,and any avalonian will get a pass no problem of course , but this will help with this problem I thought,or as I said ,can we box it up out of the way to stop any upset for this site.

As I said a suggestion , I realy don't like the idea of peole moving at all, I have had no control over the site , I would not have the first clue about the forum.

All the best

Atticus
    Ok, I understand what you mean.
    The thing is, in life, people come and people go. I may stay, I may go, it is of no consequence to the site and the readers.
    How it affects each of us, that is another thing altogether.
    One thing we can't do is change boats in midstream because other people get seasick.
    If people have the ability to click the site address, I would be forced to make the judgement that they can choose to read or not read posts and/or threads by or about you.
    This is all about growth, theirs, yours and mine.
    Just do it and let go of the rope.

Quote Posted by bilko (here)

Are you on crack?
    This is exactly the reason Artycarl wants to move on.

How about posting in a respectful manner?
    Is your VERY rude comment helpful to the discussion? No.
    Would you say this to someone in real life? Unknown.
    If you wish to contribute to the site, do so, but learn some manners first.
    Last edited by Lord Sidious; 16th February 2011 at 04:06.

26. Link to Post #16
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

You

All the best

Atticus

All the best

Atticus
    Ok, I understand what you mean.
    The thing is, in life, people come and people go. I may stay, I may go, it is of no consequence to the site and the readers.
    How it affects each of us, that is another thing altogether.
    One thing we can't do is change boats in midstream because other people get seasick.
    If people have the ability to click the site address, I would be forced to make the judgement that they can choose to read or not read posts and/or threads by or about you.
    This is all about growth, theirs, yours and mine.
    Just do it and let go of the rope.

Quote Posted by bilko (here)

Are you on crack?
    This is exactly the reason Artycarl wants to move on.

How about posting in a respectful manner?
    Is your VERY rude comment helpful to the discussion? No.
    Would you say this to someone in real life? Unknown.
    If you wish to contribute to the site, do so, but learn some manners first.
    Manners!
    Who do you think you are?
    Manners is not brown nosing Charles when someone is trying to say goodbye.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to bilko For This Post:

HaveBlue (16th February 2011)

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

All the best

Atticus

Bill,

I know you've taken a "purist" approach with all of this, but I can't help wondering your thoughts on this.

If you don't mind my asking, what are your wishes?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifesong For This Post:

Ami (16th February 2011), InCiDeR (16th February 2011), WhiteStar (16th February 2011)

30. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

It's a solution to a few problems,slowing the sight down etc.
    Also no big deal we can copy across threads etc.
    And probably tidy up as we go,it's a suggestion think about it , it's inevitable anyway in the long run.

Please don't start any arguments about this it is meant to do the opposite.

Thank you

31. Link to Post #19
    Madagascar Avalon Member Star Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks

I've lost count how many times Charles has threatened to leave.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Gazer For This Post:

aikya (16th February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (16th February 2011), moais (16th February 2011), NancyV (16th February 2011)

33. Link to Post #20
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

All the best

Atticus
    Dear Atticus,

I do hope you stay. Just because a few people suddenly find themselves unable to ignore a sub-forum (which the Charles Material clearly is) doesn't mean the rest of us don't value your input and/or resonate with what you say. The forum has many sub-forums (boxes), and it's easy to navigate away from anything one has no interest in. The poll—yes, I know it was merely an opinion seeking one—shows quite clearly that the majority of those members who are active and regular visitors prefer you to stay. I do hope you will stay.

I see this forum like a home, Bill's home, where we all gather as guests—welcome guests, sure, but nevertheless guests. And we are free to choose which room we spend time in. Not every room suits every guest; it's quite simple, really.

Blessings to you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast