+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spiritual love stories

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

Default Spiritual love stories

Thank you Charles , Bill , Celine, and Richard, for your stories about experiences that
    changed you. I find a thread of seeing love and the need for love in others in all these stories. Also the common everyday (in various degrees) settings of these stories are a counterpoint to some of the whistleblower , conspiracy, and disclosure themes that are often the first things I see on the internet these days. Reading these stories has helped remind me of a similar one of my own.

This one was a one time thing, I saw this man and the ladies that worked for him and with him only once.

I was desperately seeking new spiritual experiences at this particular time of my life and was studying the Course in Miracles, having a rough time trying to get it's message of selflessness and my intellect was constantly hashing and rehashing it's simple message.
    I was working as a courier in the Seattle area at the time and got a round trip delivery of legal papers to get signed ,and bring back.

I walked into the office at the midpoint and it was a center of some sort for the handicapped. There was a young lady in the front in a wheelchair at a desk doing
    some sort of office assistant work. I was struck by her beaming smile when she greeted me and directed me to the man's office who was to sign the papers.
    I dimly remember wondering how this girl could be so happy and friendly, and so accepting of her condition, and a twinge of guilt comparing my at that time fairly self centered and worried state to hers of serenity and acceptance.

I stopped at the doorway to the office , and asked for the man again, and got another beaming smile and waves of friendliness from another woman.
    At which point I heard a happy older male voice ring out " I am not signing anything!" So I leaned forward and looked around the door jam , and saw a man in about his sixties who was a quadripalegic in a wheelchair ,with the whole steering stick and everything. With yet another beaming woman next to him.

At first I was a little uncomfortable but the feeling was immediately whisked away by the prevailing attitude of joy in the room.
    The woman behind the man took the papers and showed them to the man to look over. And he made a light hearted joke about never get involved in a million dollar art deal, which apparently was what the legal papers were about. then he gave the ok to his assistant to sign for him and the papers were returned to me.
    The man was the founder and director of the center that did work for the handicapped, and I gather he did well enough to help all these other handicapped people and make enough personal money to afford to buy some rather expensive art.
    So my internal questions at the time were answered by 4 real life examples of service to others in very practical everyday ways. And I could swear that each of these people and especially the Director guy had a glow around them, that induced a little of the same in me as I walked out to my car and waited a minute or so for the lump in my throat to go away before I called in to the base on my radio for my next stop.

This experience has been a reminder ever since, in times when i feel sorry for myself that people with bigger problems than me are overcoming them, helping others along the way ,as well as producing abundance in peoples lives.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Adaiahsshadow (16th February 2011), Chuck (16th February 2011), Maria Stade (16th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Spiritual love stories

Thanks for sharing the story John.

4. Link to Post #3
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Default Re: Spiritual love stories

Thank you, what we do can change everything.

I feel like sharing this short film.

Thank you !

+ Reply to Thread