+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast

Thread: Threat of Earthquake Predicted For E., W. Coast Of US and Mississipi

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Exclamation Threat of Earthquake Predicted For E., W. Coast Of US and Mississipi

Hello Everyone,

Read very carefully this post! To disseminate in mass to all people living in this area as well as to those who cannot read this post! Not knowing the date, faster you leave, the better it will be for your safety

All my blessings

SUMMARY
    1) EAST COAST
    2) WEST COAST
    3) MISSISSIPI

1) EAST COAST

Fast Lane to Heaven: A Life-After-Death Journey from Ned Dougherty

The visionary american Ned Dougherty prophesied the forthcoming arrival on the east coast of the United States of a gigantic tidal waves which would lead quickly the end of global capitalism.

Life

in his book, Ned Dougherty explains that he was millionaire, that he had its entries in the jet-set and was a life of as disorderly, surrounded by dummies new yorkers, of dealers of cocaine and courted by a multitude of admirers (obviously concerned primarily by its money), how he was the victim of a heart attack, to the output of one of the boxes of night which he was the owner. He knew what is called a NDE (near death experience), during which he regained a former friend death in Vietnam, traversa in his company a tunnel and was found energy finally in the "Light of Christ". The illustrated scene below is taking place on 2 July 1984, while Ned has just been victim of a heart attack and that it is already considered by the medical team come to bring relief as clinically dead. He saw Dan, at its most dear friend, death as well, but in hero, more than ten years previously in the course of the Vietnam war. " - Dan, i te recognize ! Do you have been killed in Vietnam ! What are you doing here? - The calm, all goes well, answered me it with a smile reassuring, I am here for you can indicate the path! » I had me adapt quickly to this new reality which i surrounded him. I was shocked by the emergence of my friend, who i smiled in realizing that everything was going well. It seemed young and in good health, and its appearance was more air than that of its human body. It dealt however still the tracks of strains suffered during the fighting in Vietnam…

Traduction: As we were discussing, I realized that we were not speaking normally: as soon formed, my thoughts were received. We conversions by telepathy, without having to impose the words. We touch also with feelings and emotions. As soon as formed a thought, it was transmitted. We could send necessary and spiritually our thoughts and emotions in a way which exceeded by far the usual exchanges among human beings. "You are at the threshold of a meaningful trip, he explained me. You must remember all places and events that will you can be presented… It is important to te remembrance of each detail that you will see because you will have return on Earth with this acquis. Do you have a mission to accomplish, and this experience te guide in your success. » (Excerpt of his book) There he received of extraordinary revelations and realized that his time was not yet come, that it would have return to physical life, in our plan of existence, that he had a mission of information to accomplish. The restored, he decided to abandon its life of debauchery and to devote themselves to do the good around him.

PREDICTION OF 11 SEPTEMBER 2001

Approximately six months before the attacks of 11 September 2001 appeared to the United States in the indifference quasi-assembly the book autobiographical Ned Dougherty entitled "Fast Lane for Heaven" (book which is now being translated in French to "Garden editions of Books » under the title "Express way for the Paradise" and available everywhere in France). Almost a year before the 11 September 2001), an angel showed him under different angles the vision terrible of the two twin towers of the World'S Trade Center in the process of collapsing in a clusters of gravas, dust and smoke.

It look the abomination of this spectacle. He felt the fear of all those who were brutally facing the death when they were not prepared. He felt also the suffering of injured survivors, the sorrow of the families of victims, and it relata in detail this vision in his book (released therefore to United States several months before the collapse of towers).

A SECOND VISION

Or, shortly after, the same Angel showed him a second vision (also reported in his book) was presented to him, as the first time under different angles, several scenes in realism. But this time, the vision showed to him a powerful submarine earthquake off the Canary Islands. The earthquake was causing a wave land-based sources and triggered a surface wave gigantic (a kind of tidal waves) which was moving and put 8 a.m. to reach the east coast of the United States, reinforcing and is escalating throughout its range, to reach more than a hundred of meters of height arriving on the coast, near the city of Washington, where all was destroyed, where any form of life was destroyed, and not only in Washington, but in all major cities of the east coast, north of New York until Miami !!!

It has also shown the collapse of insurance companies, unable to face massive allowances that they would have been take charge sensible, leading in their sinking the whole of the banking system, financial and economic world; When will occur this earthquake, we will have than eight hours to evacuate the whole of the east coast before the arrival of tidal waves. The total destruction resulting will also affect all the port facilities and military bases on the coasts of Virginia and of the South Carolina. The loss of all these assets will be a disaster for the insurance companies which deposit their balance sheet, resulting in their bankruptcy the whole of the banks. Then, that would cause enormous power outages. There will be a chain reaction catastrophic of Maine to Florida in passing by New York, which will affect finally the whole country. The wave will rise between 80 and 100 meters above the level of the sea.

SCIENTIFIC POINT OF VIEW

The earthquake of 2004 in the Indian Ocean has caused a tsunami up to 35 m of height that hit Indonesia, côtes du Sri Lanka and the south of India, as well as the west of Thailand. In 2000, scientists english and Swiss are rendered in the Canary Islands for study the volcanic activity. The island of Palma has two volcanoes. One of the two volcanoes is now extinguished, but the second, the Cumbre Vieja, is still in operation and particularly unstable. At the latest eruption, in 1949, geologists have noted that it was formed a crack four meters in width, on a distance of two kilometers. This means that a part of Cumbre Vieja, half a billion tonnes of rocks, threat of to hunker down in the ocean. If that party was collapsing in one piece, scientists predict that this would create a release whose first wave, the slightest, would have a height of 650 meters. The release would then pushed by its own energy at a speed of 720 km/h until the east coast of the United States. In eight hours, the release would have crossed the Atlantic ocean and would flood all the American coast, devours the city of Miami, a part of Boston and New York. A disaster disproportionate so that it is difficult to imagine. The scientists, them, believe….

Modeling of a Tsunami Atlantic (Source)

INTERVIEW OF NED DOUGHERTY

and now there is a extract from his interview conducted at Paris on 11 January 2004, then added to the French edition of the book. The extract concerns a second vision, occurred in conditions to almost identical to that of the World'S Trade Center, and evokes the raz-de-tide which, according Ned Dougherty, should soon destroy the east coast of United States and provoking the collapse of global economic system.

Question: Ned, do you spiritual gifts and which?

Ned Dougherty : thanks to my experience, I have acquired a kind of "don catalog". But this has proved unbearable to live in this world, and I requested intensively to that i disposed of. I saw for example the future of my friends and I was trying to do everything to prevent them from committing such or such act; but I took them for a mad. Once, I have seen the death of one of my friends and this has asked me so many problems that I do not even want to speak. The gift which remained me is that of healing with my hands.

Question: Your visions have enabled you to see the economic fall of the United States. But this fall also involves the rest of world… What do you in the light of your visions ?

Ned Dougherty: Our deficit which is colossal stacks for years, associated with military expenditures totally crazy of Bush, does not bode good. This will be added to this concerns the visions that I have had a raz-de-tide phenomenal on the east coast of the United States. My vision of the event is very clear and precise, and it leads me to believe that it is imminent, it is located in very near future.

I have learned that several years after my experience in the borders of the death that there are some loopholes in the Atlantic Ocean, especially in the side of the Canary Islands. According to the seismologists, these loopholes going to move and the question is not how but simply when. When will happen this earthquake, we will have than eight hours to evacuate the whole of the east coast before the arrival of raz-de-tide. The total destruction resulting will also affect all the port facilities and military bases on the coasts of Virginia and of the South Carolina. The loss of all these assets will be a disaster for the insurance companies which deposit their balance sheet, resulting in their bankruptcy the whole of the banks. Then, that would cause enormous power outages. There will be a chain reaction catastrophic of Maine to Florida in passing by New York, which will affect finally the whole country. I have seen this raz-de-tide as clearly as I see you. The wave will rise between 80 and 100 meters above the level of the sea. Then imagine… I saw the same scene of the 57th street of Manhattan. New York was flooded. The Florida disappeared from Key Biscayne until the south of Miami. A wave high as a building of twenty floors…

De Las Palmas in New York, the wave 8 hours for will cross the Atlantic

Question: You say that the American shores will be destroyed and that only those who live in mountains have opportunities to survive. Can you elaborate?

Ned Dougherty: In fact, during my visions, I could see the raz-de-tide under three "angles » different: from the sanctuary of East Port with a view of several hundreds of meters above the sea; then from the crossing of the 57 th Street and Lexington Avenue in New York; and finally i had a kind of global vision of Key Biscayne to south of Miami Beach. My perception was that the flooding will affect all the east coast of the United States, Maine to Florida. Those who live on the coast will be, how say… deleted. Simply because after the earthquake, there will be than eight hours to evacuate the population before the arrival of "the wave". Imagine what a evacuation of approximately 80 million people can mean !
    Last edited by stomy; 19th February 2011 at 14:35.

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

11alone (18th March 2011), AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), bluesky1 (17th February 2011), Butterfli13 (16th February 2011), crosby (16th February 2011), Equinox (26th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), Flash (19th March 2011), ghostrider (13th May 2012), kaatje (18th February 2011), Kindling (20th February 2011), Kindred (18th February 2011), Lifebringer (13th September 2011), Mandala (21st February 2011), Mayan2012 (17th February 2011), moais (16th February 2011), nearing (11th August 2011), Pamela (1st March 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (18th February 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), shadowstalker (20th February 2011), silverchimes (18th February 2011), sister (17th February 2011), Watching from Cyprus (4th April 2012), waterlily (16th February 2011), Whitehaze (16th February 2011), zelda (17th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Threat of Earthquake predicted for east coast North America

Scientists warn of massive wave

While stressing that there is no indication it could happen soon, Atlantic coastlines in Europe, Africa and the Americas are under threat from a monster wave of Hollywood -- even Biblical -- proportions, scientists have warned.

They fear that a massive landslide following a major volcanic eruption in the Canary Islands would send a 300-foot wave across the Atlantic, causing devastation to coastal towns and cities.

British and U.S. scientists who have issued the warning predict that, in the worst-case scenario, the tidal wave would destroy the coasts of Florida and Brazil.
    Advertisement

But the Western Sahara, Portugal, Spain, France and parts of the UK would also be hit.

They fear that the mega-wave -- know as a tsunami -- could be generated by part of a mountain twice the size of Britain's Isle of Man crashing into the sea following an eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano on La Palma, in the Canary Islands -- part of the Spanish island chain off West Africa.

Travelling at speeds of up to 500mph, the tsunami would be an unstoppable force and would be the biggest-ever recorded in history.

Previous research by Dr Simon Day, of the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre at University College London predicted that a future eruption of Cumbre Vieja was likely to cause the western flank of the mountain to slide into the sea.

The energy released by the collapse would be equal to the electricity consumption of the entire U.S. in six months.

With Dr Steven Ward, from the University of California, Dr Day has produced a new model that predicts more accurately how big the tsunami will be and where it will strike.

Immediately after the landslide, a dome of water almost 900 metres (3,000 ft) high and tens of kilometres wide will form, only to collapse and rebound.

Its first target was expected to be the West Saharan coast of Morocco, where the wave would measure a devastating 330ft from crest to trough.

Propelled by a series of crests and troughs, the tsunami would travel a distance of almost 155 miles in just 10 minutes, the model predicts.

Racing at the speed of a jet aircraft, it would reach Florida and the Caribbean in eight or nine hours.

A wall of water 164ft high -- higher than Nelson's column in London's Trafalgar Square -- would smash into the coasts of Florida and the Caribbean islands, the forecast predicts.

The northern coast of Brazil would be hit by a wave more than 130ft high.

The wave would travel four or five miles inland, flattening everything in its path.

Meanwhile, a weaker, but still hugely destructive, wave was likely to travel along the western coast of the Iberian Peninsular and France and hit Britain's Atlantic coastline.

Dr Day said: "The collapse will occur during some future eruption after days or weeks of precursory deformation and earthquakes.

"An effective earthquake monitoring system could provide advanced warning of a likely collapse and allow early emergency management organisations a valuable window of time in which to plan and respond.
    Advertisement

"Eruptions of Cumbre Vieja occur at intervals of decades to a century orso and there may be a number of eruptions before its collapse.

"Although the year to year probability of a collapse is therefore low, the resulting tsunami would be a major disaster with indirect effects around the world.

"Cumbre Vieja needs to monitored closely for any signs of impending volcanic activity and for the deformation that would precede collapse."

Like the rest of the Canary islands, the origin of La Palma is volcanic.

La Palma is not only the steepest island in the world but has also been the most volcanically active of the Canary Isles in the past 500 years.

There have been two eruptions on the island this century alone -- in 1949 and 1971.

Other eruptions in recent history on La Palma occurred in 1470, 1585, 1646, 1677 and 1712.

Tidal waves are not common in the Atlantic, although since 1990, 10 major tsunamis in the Pacific have killed more than 4,000 people.

Scientists suspect an earthquake-triggered tsunami that killed more than 2,000 people in Papua New Guinea in 1998 was bolstered by an undersea landslide.

Hawaii's worst experience in modern times came in 1946 when the April Fool's Day tsunami, generated by an earthquake in the Aleutian Islands, sent a 25-foot-high wall of water ashore, killing 173 people, mostly in Hilo.

On May 23, 1960, a tsunami that hit Hilo killed 61 people.

One of the most famous, and most devastating, tsunamis occurred after the Krakatoa volcano blew itself to pieces in 1883 -- a wave six metres high killed 30,000 people.

Source: CNN

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), crosby (16th February 2011), delaware (1st March 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), sister (17th February 2011), Sol Va (17th February 2011), torchwood (17th February 2011), waterlily (16th February 2011), Whitehaze (16th February 2011), write4change (18th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), Whitehaze (12th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Canary Islands

Geologists S. Day and S. Ward consider that a megatsunami could be generated during a future eruption involving the Cumbre Vieja on the volcanic ocean island of La Palma, in the Canary Islands.[12][13]

In 1949, the Cumbre Vieja volcano erupted at its Duraznero, Hoyo Negro and San Juan vents. During this eruption, an earthquake with an epicentre near the village of Jedy occurred. The following day Rubio Bonelli, a local geologist, visited the summit area and discovered that a fissure about 2.5 km long had opened on the eastern side of the summit. As a result, the western half of the Cumbre Vieja (which is the volcanically active arm of a triple-armed rift) had slipped about 2 m downwards and 1 m westwards towards the Atlantic Ocean[citation needed].

The Cumbre Vieja volcano is currently in a dormant stage, but will almost certainly erupt again in the future. Day and Ward hypothesize[12][13] that if such an eruption causes the western flank to fail, a megatsunami will be generated.

La Palma is currently the most volcanically active island in the Canary Islands Archipelago. It is likely that several eruptions would be required before failure would occur on Cumbre Vieja.[12][13] However, the western half of the volcano has an approximate volume of 500 km3 (5 x 1011 m3) and an estimated mass of 1.5 x 1015 kg. If it were to catastrophically slide into the ocean, it could generate a wave with an initial height of about 1,000 metres (3,281 ft) at the island, and a likely height of around 50 metres (164 ft) at the Caribbean and the Eastern North American seaboard when it runs ashore eight or more hours later. Tens of millions of lives would be lost as New York, Boston, Miami, Havana, and many other cities near the Atlantic coast are leveled. The likelihood of this happening is a matter of vigorous debate.[14]

The last Cumbre Vieja eruption occurred in 1971 at the southern end of the sub-aerial section without any movement. The section affected by the 1949 eruption is currently stationary and does not appear to have moved since the initial rupture.[15]

Geologists and volcanologists also disagree about whether an eruption on the Cumbre Vieja would cause a single large gravitational landslide or a series of smaller landslides.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megatsunami

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), delaware (1st March 2011), randles (16th February 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), sygh (17th February 2011), Whitehaze (12th March 2011), write4change (18th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

A tsunami wave higher than any in recorded history threatens to ravage the US coastline in the aftermath of a volcanic eruption in the Canary Islands, UK and US scientists will report today. Locations on both African and European Atlantic coastlines - including Britain - are also thought to be at risk.

The new research, a collaboration between Dr. Simon Day of the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre at UCL and Dr. Steven Ward of the University of California, reveals the extent and size of the mega-tsunami, the consequence of a giant landslide that may be triggered by a future eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano.

Previous research by Simon Day and colleagues predicted that a future eruption would be likely to cause a landslide on the western flank of Cumbre Vieja. A block of rock approximately twice the volume of the Isle of Man would break off, travelling into the sea at a speed of up to 350 kilometres per hour. The disintegration of the rock, this earlier study predicted, would produce a debris avalanche deposit extending 60 kilometres from the island. The energy released by the collapse would be equal to the electricity consumption of the entire United States in half a year.

The new model - which provides further insights into the consequences of the collapse - predicts that the landslide would create an exceptionally large tsunami with the capability to travel great distances and reaching speeds of up to 800 kilometres per hour. Immediately after Cumbre Vieja's collapse a dome of water 900 metres high and tens of kilometres wide will form only to collapse and rebound. As the landslide continues to move underwater a series of wave crests and troughs are produced which soon develop into a tsumani 'wave train' which fuels the waves progress. After only 10 minutes, the model predicts, the tsunami will have moved a distance of almost 250 kilometres.

The greatest effects are predicted to occur north, west and south of the Canaries. On the West Saharan shore waves are expected to reach heights of 100 metres from crest to trough and on the north coast of Brazil waves over 40 metres high are anticipated. Florida and the Caribbean, the final destinations in the North Atlantic to be affected by the tsunami, will have to brace themselves for receiving 50-metre high waves - higher than Nelson's column in London, some 8 to 9 hours after the landslide. Towards Europe waves heights will be smaller, but substantial tsunami waves will hit the Atlantic coasts of Britain, Spain Portugal and France.

For tsunamis striking flat-lying coastline regions such as Florida, calculating the inundation distance - the extent to which water penetrates inland taking the form of fast moving floods after waves break - is crucial to assessing potential damage. Dr. Day and his colleagues estimate inundation distances in the region of several kilometres from the coast. Accurate estimates of the scale of economic loss are yet to be made but are thought to be in the multi-trillion USD range.

Placing the results of the Cumbre Vieja model in its wider context, Dr Simon Day, and Post-doctoral Research Fellow at UCL, said:

'Anyone planning a holiday to the Canary Islands and the islanders themselves need not panic. Cumbre Vieja is not errupting so the short-term and medium-term risks are negligble.'

Dr Day continued:

' The collapse will occur during some future eruption after days or weeks of precursory deformation and earthquakes. An effective earthquake monitoring system could provide advanced warning of a likely collapse and allow early emergency management organisations a valuable window of time in which to plan and respond.’

' Eruptions of Cumbre Vieja occur at intervals of decades to a century or so and there may be a number of eruptions before its collapse. Although the year to year probability of a collapse is therefore low, the resulting tsunami would be a major disaster with indirect effects around the world. Cumbre Vieja needs to monitored closely for any signs of impending volcanic activity and for the deformation that would precede collapse.'

Source: ScienceDaily

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), ghostrider (13th May 2012), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), sister (17th February 2011), sygh (17th February 2011), Whitehaze (16th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

N.E. is not immune, scientists warn

Three hours after an offshore earthquake shook Canada in 1929, three giant ocean surges hurtled onto Newfoundland's coast at 78 miles per hour. Twenty-nine people were killed by the estimated 20-foot waves, and entire salt cod-fishing villages were dismantled as pulses from the tsunami reverberated as far away as Portugal.

Today, the Burin Peninsula disaster serves as a poignant reminder that eastern North America is not immune to the devastating force of a tsunami. Fearsome ocean surges of the kind that killed thousands in Asia this week are far more common in the Pacific, but they have the potential to cause widespread devastation along New England's coast.

''Just because they don't happen [that often] doesn't mean there is no risk or hazard to the New England coast," said Klaus Jacob, senior scientist at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in New York. There are no records of a tsunami hitting New England's coast during modern times, and Jacob estimates that a tsunami of the strength that hit in 1929 has lower than a 1-in-1,000 chance of occurring in eastern North America in any given year. ''Still, it can happen virtually anywhere along the North America coast," he said.

Because of the low probability, eastern North America does not have a system in place like the elaborate network along the Pacific coast that warns when a strong earthquake has the potential to produce tsunamis. Some scientists say that because of careful seismic monitoring, they will probably know when one is coming toward New England, but others say a warning system or public education campaign is needed to warn people to stay away from coastal areas if they feel tremors. In the Indian Ocean, devastating tsunamis are so rare, the last big one before Sunday's was in the 19th century, officials did not establish a warning system.

A tsunami is a series of extraordinarily large ocean waves caused by the sudden displacement of water by earthquakes or landslides on the ocean floor. Usually, the giant waves occur when earthquakes hit above magnitude 7 on the Richter scale, pushing walls of water outward from the epicenter with the speed of a jet plane. In the open, deep ocean, boaters probably wouldn't even notice if they are atop a tsunami. But as the giant wave hits coastal areas, the enormous energy underwater is transferred into the wave crashing on shore.

Scientists aren't exactly sure what causes some earthquakes off eastern North America. While there are hot spots of geological activity in some Caribbean areas and along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2,000 miles off New England, the swath of ocean floor is considered a relatively stable place in the North Atlantic plate. Still, earthquakes do occur, and some scientists believe it stems from some unknown stress on the plate or perhaps a response to the release of pressure from the last Ice Age, 10,000 years ago.

''With the exception of a few areas, we don't have the same geology as the Pacific," said Robert Marvinney, Maine state geologist. ''Still, there is no [coastal] place on earth where the risk is zero from a tsunami."

Scientists do know that the 1929 tsunami was triggered by a 7.2 earthquake about 11 miles below the seafloor south of the Burin Peninsula on the south coast of Newfoundland. It was felt as far away as New England and Montreal.

Twelve trans-Atlantic telegraph cables snapped in multiple places. More than 40 villages in Newfoundland were damaged, and the area also suffered the loss of livestock, fishing gear, ships, and 280,000 pounds of salt cod, according to historical reports. Property losses were estimated at more than $20 million in 2004 dollars.

While underwater earthquakes can cause local tsunamis, enormous geological events elsewhere in the world may also send huge waves our way, much as this week's earthquake sent devastating waves 3,000 miles away. One London researcher contends that an unstable chunk of La Palma, a volcanically active island in the Canary Islands, could cause a catastrophic wall of water to hit the US East Coast if it falls into the sea.

''I'd worry a lot more about hurricanes [in New England] than tsunamis," said John Goff, a senior research scientist at the University of Texas.

Source: Boston.com

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), ROMANWKT (16th February 2011), sister (17th February 2011), waterlily (16th February 2011), Whitehaze (16th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

So do you have a feeling this could be imminent, Stomy?
    The mood here seems urgent.

I just read something of a similar mood from Slfrx on another thread, 'Charles will love his new title'..first post.
    Last edited by Lettherebelight; 16th February 2011 at 20:30.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

That story about the Canarian mega-tsunami engulfing the US eastern seaboard has been doing the rounds again.

The Benfield Hazard Research Centre
    , the British research unit responsible for the 2001 report claiming that a mega-tsunami might be triggered by the eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano on La Palma in the Canaries, has teamed up with scientists from the University of California.

The researchers claim that the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja volcano might be caused to cave in after an eruption, sending a huge mass of rock, twice the size of the Isle of Man, crashing into the sea and unleashing an immense tsunami which would fan out across the Atlantic at speeds of up to 800 kmph. After 10 minutes, the wall of water would have moved almost 250 kilometres. The other Canaries and the West Saharan shore would be worse affected with waves of 100 metres from crest to trough. Florida and the Caribbean would be hit by waves of 50 metres some 8 to 9 hours after the landslide. Brazil would be hit by waves as high as 40 m. The Atlantic coasts of Spain, Portugal, France and Britain, would also be affected by waves as high as 10 metres. Damage would clearly be in trillions, though its true extent is unsure as this would greatly depend on the 'inundation distance' - the distance the waves penetrate inland. The group expect this happen to happen sometime in the next few thousand years.
    The Guardian newspaper reported the event in jocular sensational mode (" Mega-tsunami to devastate US cities "), quoting the leader of the team, Prof McGuire who was clearly out there with his begging bowl.

" It's really a worrying situation,. It will almost certainly go during an eruption. The problem is that with just a few seismometers on the island, we may not get the notice we need.The US government must be aware of the La Palma threat. They should certainly be worried, and so should the island states in the Caribbean that will really bear the brunt of a collapse ".

Dr Simon Day from the Centre's website was somewhat calmer though no less alarmist. 'Anyone planning a holiday to the Canary Islands and the islanders themselves need not panic. Cumbre Vieja is not erupting so the short-term and medium-term risks are negligible.'

What the hell does negligible mean?

' Eruptions of Cumbre Vieja occur at intervals of decades to a century or so and there may be a number of eruptions before its collapse. Although the year to year probability of a collapse is therefore low, the resulting tsunami would be a major disaster with indirect effects around the world. Cumbre Vieja needs to monitored closely for any signs of impending volcanic activity and for the deformation that would precede collapse .'

When the original research was published in 2001, the Spanish press and scientists were heavily critical of the way it was reported. El País noted that the research group was entirely funded by an insurance company, something entirely ignored by the British press.

". it is hypothetical and moreover improbable, and the model would not have passed the stage of an elegant theoretical exercise if the authors had not spent a week publically airing it before publishing it tomorrow in a specialised journal. Why so much interest in publicising it? The explanation perhaps lies in the fact that the research centre is funded by an insurance company, concerned with natural catastrophes ".

The Spanish vulcanist Juan Carlos Carracedo who was first to spot the instability caused by the 1949 cracking was horrified by the sensationalism of the British researchers, stating:

'The error is modelling a phenomenon when there are no (sic) probabilities of it happening. It is as if one makes a model of what Madrid would look like after an atom bomb explosion. What interest does it have for the general population when the probability is not determined?".

Adding 'In La Palma, there is on-going earthquake monitoring and absolutely no seismic activity has been detected...
    And retorting Day's claim of geological proof of the Canaries collapsing in the past, he informs us that. 'We are talking about a geological timescale, and the last time La Palma slipped was 560,000 years ago !"

Unfortunately, Carracedo and the Spanish press has been silent so far on the latest research announcement. Execellent article here from 2000 by Carracedo in Spanish.

The last time La Cumbre Vieja erupted and caused slippage was in 1949. A huge block of its western flank dropped four metres into the sea. Some scientists believe the chunk of land is continuing to slip into the sea, making the flank unstable and liable to collapse in the event of further eruptions.
    Mega-tsunamis are thought to occur on average every 10,000 years, the full span of human history, but a mere blip geologically. A Mega-tsunami is one of those rare and huge events of severe global impact which scientists jocularly refer to as gee-gees , "global geophysical events". Other gee-gees that scientists attempt to predict (or bet on) are climate change, super-eruptions and asteroid and comet strikes.

Latest from BBC 29 October 2004

Tidal wave threat 'over-hyped'
    The risk of a landslide in the Canary Islands causing a tidal wave (tsunami) able to devastate America's east coast is vastly overstated.

That is the view of marine geologists studying ancient landslides in the area.

In typical Canary Island landslides, chunks of land break off in bits, not in one dramatic plunge, they argue.

This contradicts previous warnings that an Isle of Man-sized chunk of land could fall off the island of La Palma into the sea, causing a mega-tsunami.

Full article here

On the other side of the Atlantic, Professor McGuire has also come into flak from the excellently named Tsunami Society, whose website lambasts his appearance in a Discovery Channel documentary about the potential event (Jan 2003):

"Most recently, the Discovery Channel has replayed a program alleging potential destruction of coastal areas of the Atlantic by tsunami waves which might be generated in the near future by a volcanic collapse in the Canary Islands. Other reports have involved a smaller but similar catastrophe from Kilauea volcano on the island of Hawai`i. They like to call these occurences "mega tsunamis". We would like to halt the scaremongering from these unfounded reports. We wish to provide the media with factual information so that the public can be properly informed about actual hazards of tsunamis and their mitigation.

Here are a set of facts, agreed on by committee members, about the claims in these reports:

- While the active volcano of Cumbre Vieja on Las Palma is expected to erupt again, it will not send a large part of the island into the ocean, though small landslides may occur. The Discovery program does not bring out in the interviews that such volcanic collapses are extremely rare events, separated in geologic time by thousands or even millions of years.

- No such event - a mega tsunami - has occurred in either the Atlantic or Pacific oceans in recorded history. NONE.

- The colossal collapses of Krakatau or Santorin (the two most similar known happenings) generated catastrophic waves in the immediate area but hazardous waves did not propagate to distant shores. Carefully performed numerical and experimental model experiments on such events and of the postulated Las Palma event verify that the relatively short waves from these small, though intense, occurrences do not travel as do tsunami waves from a major earthquake"

I would not deny the existence of regular mega-tsunamis in geological history, nor their capacity to wreck true carnage, but a bit of perspective is in order before we all get carried away .

Cumbre Vieja (1) is part of the stratavolcano (2) that is La Palma. A ridge runs southwards from the Caldera de Taburiente in the centre of the island, made up of the smaller Cumbre Nueva to the north, and Cumbre Vieja to the south, which despite its name was formed by much more recent volcanic activity. In historical times, eruptions have taken place in 1585, which produced Tahuya, a 1000m high cone of lapilli, scoria and bombs by Strombolian eruptions, 1646, which produced the lava flows that reached the SW coast, and, 1712, 1949, and most recently in 1971 which produced the produced the Teneguia cinder cone.

(2)A volcano composed of both lava flows and pyroclastic material

(1) Classified as a ridge volcano.

Images stolen from here (loads of great pics)

Source: iberianature.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), delaware (1st March 2011)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Destruction in North America ---->The Henoch Prophecies from the Billy Meier Contacts

Far in the West, it will be different; the United States of America will be a country of total destruction. The cause for this will be manifold. With her global conflicts which are continuously instigated by her and which will continue far into the future, America is creating enormous hatred against her, worldwide, in many countries. As a result, America will experience enormous catastrophes which will reach proportions barely imaginable to people of Earth. The destruction of the WTC, i.e., the World Trade Center, by terrorists will only be the beginning.
    Yet all the apocalyptic events will not only be brought about due to the use of unbelievably deadly and destructive weapons—such as chemical, laser and others—and by cloned murder machines; but in addition to this, the Earth and nature, maltreated to the deepest depths by the irresponsible human beings of Earth, will rise up and cause destruction and bring death onto the Earth. Enormous firestorms and gigantic hurricanes will sweep over the USA and bring devastation, destruction and annihilation, as this from time immemorial never before will have happened [sic].
    Not only will America, but also all other Western industrial countries which still live at the beginning of the new millennium in the delusion that they could dominate and rule over underdeveloped nations, i.e., Third World countries, will not only soon lose influence over these but must defend themselves against them.
    According to the prophecies of Henoch, the truth about industrialised countries is that they only seem to appear to be true civilisations, but in fact they are not; because more and more, at the end of the 20th century and at the beginning of the third millennium, they will disregard all true love, true freedom and true wisdom as well as true peace along with all values of humaneness and all values of men's and women's true being.
    But not even all the terrible happenings will hinder the USA in continuing to proceed with her actions against all countries. Even when the North American continent will be stricken by the most terrible catastrophe which has ever been recorded, evil military powers will wreak havoc with computerised and nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, whereby it will also happen that computerised weapons become independent and cannot be controlled any longer by human beings. Overall, this is the most important part of Henoch's prophecies.

Source: theyfly.com

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), delaware (1st March 2011), fifi (17th February 2011)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Edgar Cayce Predictions & Prophecies

A future map of the world after 2012, or the end of the world as we might know it, was suggested by Cayce only in words, and many people search today for this information of the future map of the world so they know where to go for safety. Some people have taken the time to devise such a map and you will find it if you search for a future map based on Edgar Cayce's predictions and prophecies. Many people trust Edgar Casey's guidance.

Cayce says that the East Coast of the United States will be disturbed, the west coast will literally disappear, and all coastal and close to sea level land all over the world will be under water. It looks like the Rocky Mountains will be the new coastal mountains in the United States. Anyone who was thinking that Nevada would be beach front property, it will be under water. Colorado doesn't fare too well even though the Rockies runs through it, it's elevation in general is still not high enough to stay above water entirely once the new land masses rise out of the oceans.

Edgar Cayce forecast that Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and would be gone, Japan as well, and Europe would be completely changed "in the twinkling of an eye." The Mississippi area of the United States would not fare so well. The Mississippi would become quite wide and the Great Lakes will drain into the Gulf of Mexico through it. Carolina and Georgia are also slated for disappearance. Some central states in the United States will be somewhat alright like the Illinois Ohio, Montana areas, while Canada has large portions of undisturbed area too. The western part of Canada is going to have challenges though. Edgar Cayce also predicted that there would be volcanic eruptions and earthquakes in the southern hemisphere more than the northern hemisphere. Land masses within the seas will arise to become islands and continents of their own.

Unfortunately, Edgar Cayce doesn't mention much about other parts of the world. It is probably due to the fact that he was from the United States and travel in his lifetime overseas wasn't as easily accessible then as it is now. He most likely didn't know a lot about the other parts of the world since his era wasn't as connected in communication like we are now. He does say however that there will be strife in Egypt, Libya, Ankara, Syria, the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf. He also mentioned that there would be strife in the Davis Strait which is between Greenland and Canada.

Edgar Cayce also predicted that there would be a global pole shift of 17 degrees into Russia and reportedly there will be a shift of 16 degrees, which is close.

Source: umsonline.org

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), delaware (1st March 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), Linden (21st February 2011), sygh (17th February 2011)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by stomy (here)
    A map of visions of Edgar Cayce future been created

Source: http://www.nhne.com/specialreports/s...changemap.html
    Remember of future map of visions from Edgar Cayce

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), Linden (21st February 2011), Pamela (1st March 2011), torchwood (17th February 2011), write4change (18th February 2011)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Yes, over the years I have read various articles to suggest the Tsunami event from La Palmas is imminent...but...maybe we are 'thinking' too much about it!!!

read here...
    http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/

viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), happyexpat (11th March 2011), Mayan2012 (17th February 2011), stomy (16th February 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

aren't the aliens supposed to save us from this earthquake?

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

http://www.medjugorje.ws/en/articles...-howard-storm/

Information show us what economic system will down totally

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I watched a British documentary about this shelf in the Canaries about 5+ years ago.

An article from 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3963563.stm

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fopa For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), aquamarine (3rd April 2012), stomy (16th February 2011)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

With all the gifted people here, does anybody have a prediction as to the time of the event?.... As I am a Northeast resident. Thank you.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

stomy (16th February 2011)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    So do you have a feeling this could be imminent, Stomy?
    The mood here seems urgent.

I just read something of a similar mood from Slfrx on another thread, 'Charles will love his new title'..first post.
    To my reading, I realize that this phenomenon is very close!

Edgar Cayce speaks us: (Warning: the date wasn't 2001 (change of future))

The first sign of this change in the Earth's core would be the "breaking up of some conditions" in the South Pacific and "sinking or rising" in the Mediterranean or Etna area. Cayce forecast that, by the end of the century, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco would be destroyed. He said that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" at this time, and that northern Europe would be "changed as in the twinkling of an eye." In 1941, Cayce predicted that lands would appear in the Atlantic and the Pacific in the coming years, and that "the coastline now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battlefields of (1941) will be ocean, will be the sea, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as with one another."

"Watch New York, Connecticut and the like. Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the United States. Los Angeles, San Francisco, most of all these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear. This will be much sooner. The waters of the Great Lakes will empty into the Gulf of Mexico."

Cayce prophesied that the Earth's axis would be shifted by the year 2001, bringing on reversals in climate, "so that where there has been a frigid or semi-tropical climate, there will be a more tropical one, and moss and fern will grow." By this time, he indicated, a new cycle would begin.

Source: dreamscape.com

And

Billy Meier speaks of photographs of San Francisco taken in the future by its movement in flying saucers! It describes the cars as, and I quote:

Future San Francisco Earthquake?

In 1978, Wendelle Stevens reported viewing (along with Lee and Brit Elders and seven other witnesses) 11 photographs that Meier claimed that he took, during a time travel trip, of an earthquake that would occur sometime in the future, in San Francisco. Since publishing his observations, critics have claimed that Meier really just took photos of a painting that appeared in Geo magazine. But as Stevens says, there were 11 photos and only one Geo painting, plus as the investigators reviewed the photos looking for clues as to when it might happen, they noticed that the cars looked very different than the ones that were current in 1978.

Here is what Stevens had to say, “I carefully studied each picture as they came to me, trying to recognize familiar landmarks and buildings, and any prominent new structures I had never seen there before. I looked carefully at cars shown in the streets below for style and any configurations not familiar at the time. I did see smaller cars with smoothly rounded corners and no external projections, and some of these had half-glass and others full-glass cabin tops, making them look more like bugs than boxy cars.”

I recently sent Wendelle the picture below of the new Ford Edge, and asked him if this was at all similar to what he saw in those photographs. He replied, “Yes that does look a lot like the Beetle shaped cars we saw except, some of them were beginning to show small fins on the back of the rear fenders.”

Let’s see if designers start to introduce any cars with small fins…in the near future.

Source: theyfly.com

All these signs tells us that it is for very soon! If New York is destroyed! Wall Street will also be! Therefore I repeat what I advise you to make my friends:

Quote Posted by jjl (here)
    For me, the beginning was arrived the 29/09/2008 with Down Jones fallen to -777.7 pts.
    After, the crisis is amplified! Inflation is giant and Unfortunately, other riot will arrive! The experts of the world are agreement on the fact that we cannot continue to inject tickets of monopoly from the fed and Imf!

We have more than to pray that this madness stops!
    Blessings,
    What do you recommend?
    The best of advice that I will give you my friends:

First: live in the campaign and create its garden to hard times!

Second: Buy a food stock before inflation of products would be too expensive!

Third: remove its money of the bank and the bury in your garden for thieves or in a place impossible to believe that!

I create a post of 14 pages on how to prepare and to survive in difficult times! I will put him online very soon to save a maximum of world
    Last edited by stomy; 16th February 2011 at 21:57.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), Jean-Marie (18th February 2011), sister (17th February 2011)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

Quote Posted by loc333 (here)
    With all the gifted people here, does anybody have a prediction as to the time of the event?.... As I am a Northeast resident. Thank you.
    Get ready for it, I don't think anyone will give you the right date for this disaster, and run like hell when the time comes!!!
    But of course I wish all the best no matter what loc333.!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seko For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), loc333 (17th February 2011), stomy (16th February 2011)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LeoNorth (here)
    aren't the aliens supposed to save us from this earthquake?
    I don't know! They can help us for that but too for 3WW

36. The Following User Says Thank You to stomy For This Post:

davyj0nes (16th February 2011)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by loc333 (here)
    Answer is #17

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomy For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), loc333 (17th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 6 LastLast