+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Threat of Earthquake Predicted For E., W. Coast Of US and Mississipi

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Threat of Earthquake predicted for east coast North America

I will be on beach front poperty and have moderate quakes, which we have here periodically anyway.
    Dam sight better than where I was before this last move..
    Preparing shelters and gardens. Will see you when you get here!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

stomy (17th February 2011), sygh (17th February 2011), write4change (18th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

Stormy,

Thanks for the pm on this issue. I posted in another thread how I had a dream the other night about a massive flood coming suddenly. I live in Florida, and there was high ground, not a mountain per say, but a very high point to get to as fast as possible. Children were there by the hundred if not thousands, and as we climbed up the water was at our feet the whole time until we got to the top. So many were lost, and then the waters subsided. I used to dream the future as a kid and adolescent on a daily basis. Most stuff was inconsequential, but on some occasions it was critical information. I think I had this dream 3 or 4 nights ago. I live in N. Florida very near the middle of the state what we call the Panhandle area. Coral Castle was also part where my dream was located which is in South Florida.

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,813 times in 797 posts

The Canary Islands is my home. People that live on these Islands have known of this threat for many years, despite the fact that it took the Media several years later to reveal the threat to the rest of the world. We too, and there are hundrfeds of thousands of us that live on these Islands, would face our own disaster. I live at the foot of Mount Teide on a neighbouring Island and that too brings its own concerns from time to time.
    Mother nature can only be monitored, rarely controlled, but from time to time takes us by surprise...

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to randles For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), aquamarine (3rd April 2012), stomy (17th February 2011), sygh (17th February 2011), The HoppyBunny (18th February 2011), ZuLiZ (18th February 2011)

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,350 times in 2,555 posts

It's amazing that some think man has so much power to destroy the earth. Yet, within eight hours a tidal wave can wipe out millions of us. Earthquakes can destroy cities, and storms can take out life as we are accustomed to it. Man is very small in the grander scheme of things.

7. Link to Post #25
    Guatemala Avalon Member Mayan2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Que sera, sera! What will be, will be!

It seems that regardless of where you go or what you do, you will die. So what? The best thing we can do is enjoy the time we have left with those we love. Do what you always wanted to do. The other side from what I hear is not so bad. In fact it is supposed to be wonderful. You still feel alive but

better because you don't have worries, aches and pains, work, school or anything else that causes you stress in this life. You do get to see all the people you have lost in the past.

On the other hand, I think that if I were on the other side and was about to be born, I would be terrified to come into this world.

We should be looking forward to our new experience. Just think, no government, no taxes, no price of gas going up, no laws, no need for laws.

From what I hear, If we knew how wonderful the after life is, we would not be condemning our worst criminals to death, we would keep them here so they could suffer like the rest of us.

"When I die, I want to go like my grandpa, in peace in his sleep, not kicking and screaming like the people in the back seat of his car."

Besides, they could be wrong, like they have been many times before. The future is not written in stone. It can change. It is said that we can change our future and the future of this earth.

Stay positive people. If it happens it happens just be with the ones you love most, friends and family.
    ~WHEN THE LOVE OF POWER IS OVERCOME BY THE POWER OF LOVE, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE~

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mayan2012 For This Post:

AlkaMyst (17th February 2011), Caren (18th February 2011), conk (17th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), Flash (19th March 2011), granny (26th February 2011), Lost Soul (6th January 2012), nearing (11th August 2011), sandy (17th February 2011), silverchimes (18th February 2011), Sol Va (17th February 2011), stomy (17th February 2011), Strat (17th February 2011), The HoppyBunny (18th February 2011), winnasboy (18th February 2011), ZuLiZ (18th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

quite a few of the newer cars have this type of style. with glass roofs.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

stomy (17th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Stomy,
    Thank you so much for the pm of the above information. Your heart is on your sleeve to all of the people you are hoping to save from this destruction. I have nothing but utter and complete love for you and what you are trying to do. I sense from this urgency that you are showing you are intuitvely feeling that time is of the essence if we wish to survive and we must relocate as soon as possible. NOW!

Here is my trouble, I moved in to help take care of my parents six months ago after my daughter and I lost our house. I am slowly storing food and have saved a small amount of money but these would not get us far. No one here believes that anything will change for the worse other than gas prices going up. I know it is sad, but I have made my peace with this. I really must stay here and not only hope for the best but give my best. I have decided to live each day giving love, as if it may be the last rather than being a slave to fear. Each day I try to make a small difference...in the lives of those who know me and in the lives of total strangers.

I do not mean this to sound haughty or higher than thou or even honorable. I am humbled by the fact that my life may end soon, but I cannot let that keep me from living a wonderful life. I must stay here because I don't have the resources to run. Also my family is my fortune and I could never forgive myself if I left them behind.

In choosing this a wonderful thing has happened. I have made peace with death and have chosen to embrace life.

Please do not think that this means I am not appreciative of what you are trying to do. You warning struck me with tears. Happy tears. That you would be so kind and so caring of others to compile all of this evidence and reach out to save us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your efforts, Stomy. You are one awesome person!!!

Love,
    Julia

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Caren (18th February 2011), crosby (18th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), Flash (19th March 2011), GlassSteagallfan (25th February 2011), GoldenYears (17th February 2011), Kindling (20th February 2011), pilotsimone (18th March 2011), sister (17th February 2011), Sol Va (17th February 2011), sshenry (18th February 2011), stomy (17th February 2011), The HoppyBunny (18th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 times in 653 posts

Now this, a map based on E. Cayce is the one I would go by. I trust Cayce's work. It would probably be pretty rough in part of Ohio, as Ohio has a fault line. Went through one. Sounded like a train and felt like a roller coaster.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sygh For This Post:

stomy (17th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Stomy,
    Thank you so much for the pm of the above information. Your heart is on your sleeve to all of the people you are hoping to save from this destruction. I have nothing but utter and complete love for you and what you are trying to do. I sense from this urgency that you are showing you are intuitvely feeling that time is of the essence if we wish to survive and we must relocate as soon as possible. NOW!

Here is my trouble, I moved in to help take care of my parents six months ago after my daughter and I lost our house. I am slowly storing food and have saved a small amount of money but these would not get us far. No one here believes that anything will change for the worse other than gas prices going up. I know it is sad, but I have made my peace with this. I really must stay here and not only hope for the best but give my best. I have decided to live each day giving love, as if it may be the last rather than being a slave to fear. Each day I try to make a small difference...in the lives of those who know me and in the lives of total strangers.

I do not mean this to sound haughty or higher than thou or even honorable. I am humbled by the fact that my life may end soon, but I cannot let that keep me from living a wonderful life. I must stay here because I don't have the resources to run. Also my family is my fortune and I could never forgive myself if I left them behind.

In choosing this a wonderful thing has happened. I have made peace with death and have chosen to embrace life.

Please do not think that this means I am not appreciative of what you are trying to do. You warning struck me with tears. Happy tears. That you would be so kind and so caring of others to compile all of this evidence and reach out to save us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your efforts, Stomy. You are one awesome person!!!

Love,
    Julia
    Dear Stomy,
    I agree 100% with everything Julia wrote here and I want to thank you as well. I promise to pass this info along to friends and family.
    We do have an emergency plan in place, really more for hurricanes than tidal waves. I don't know if it will work for something of this magnitude. I hope we never have to find out.
    Thank you again for your loving concern, and thank you Julia for sharing your heart. You are both awesome in my view!

With gratitude,
    sis

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sister For This Post:

heretogrow (17th February 2011), stomy (17th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #30
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 423 posts

Quote Posted by stomy (here)
    Quote Posted by loc333 (here)
    With all the gifted people here, does anybody have a prediction as to the time of the event?.... As I am a Northeast resident. Thank you.
    Answer is #17
    As a NE resident myself I would keeping your psychic ears pricked. Be aware of the possibility but don't let it dominate you.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KosmicKat For This Post:

heretogrow (17th February 2011), loc333 (18th February 2011), stomy (17th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member zelda's Avatar
    Thanks

Great! I live in Miami.
    Worst of all, I've been having this recurring dream. I see the coast of South Florida being engulfed by a huge wave, but I'm seeing this from an aircraft.
    Honestly, for the past 15 years I am not confortable when I'm near a beach.
    I wish I could convince others, especially my family about leaving Miami, but they are reluctant. Job insecurity and the economy, they say.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zelda For This Post:

Caren (18th February 2011), heretogrow (17th February 2011), stomy (17th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member sshenry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 times in 319 posts

Default Re: Threat of Earthquake Predicted For E., W. Coast Of US and Mississipi

I think stormy, that you are to be commended for taking the time not only to post this information, but to contact those of us that would be directly impacted by it, you are truly dedicated!

Living near DC is like living in a perpetual bullseye - so many things that could (and have!) happened here, but I have a contract with the universe (if you want to call it that). It has placed me where I am for a reason - and until it gives me the go-ahead, this is where I need to be. I can only trust that when the time comes either I will make it out in time - or that I will be ready to move on to whatever comes next, for death no longer holds me in fear. It is just another step in the process. I wouldn't particularly look forward to the dying itself, but I can't live in fear when I am following what that inner voice has directed me to do

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sshenry For This Post:

heretogrow (19th February 2011), Kindling (20th February 2011), Mayan2012 (19th February 2011), pilotsimone (18th March 2011), stomy (18th February 2011), write4change (18th February 2011), Yoda (18th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Default Re: Threat of Earthquake Predicted For E., W. Coast Of US and Mississipi

2) West Coast

Earthquakes in California are common occurrences as the state is located on the San Andreas Fault, which cuts across California and forms the tectonic boundary between the Pacific and the North American Plate. There are many thousands of small earthquakes per year, most of them are so small that they are not felt.[1] California's complex and interesting landscape can be attributed to the network of faulting that runs underneath the state. The earliest reported earthquake in California was felt in 1769 by the Portola expedition about 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles, probably near the San Andreas Fault.[2][3]

History

California has hundreds of active faults located throughout the state that are capable of producing large earthquakes. The most active fault is the San Jacinto Fault in Southern California, which has produced large events on a regular basis throughout recent history. The Mendocino Triple Junction located offshore of Northern California is also very active, producing several earthquakes above magnitude 7 throughout history.[4] Northern California is also subject to megathrust earthquakes on the Cascadia subduction zone (extending north from Mendocino), such as the 1700 Cascadia earthquake, magnitude of approximately 9. The town of Parkfield in central California is located on a section of the San Andreas Fault that produces an earthquake of about magnitude 6 every 20–30 years on average in 1857, 1881, 1901, 1922, 1934, 1966 and 2004.[5]

The largest recorded earthquake in California was the 1857 Fort Tejon earthquake, with an estimated magnitude of 8.0. This earthquake ruptured the San Andreas Fault from Parkfield to Wrightwood, a distance of 225 miles (350 km). The most destructive earthquake to date was the 7.9 magnitude 1906 San Francisco earthquake, in which over 3000 people perished in the earthquake and the fires that followed. The 1906 quake ruptured the northern segment of the San Andreas Fault for 296 miles (477 km), from San Juan Bautista to near Cape Mendocino in the north.[6] More recently, the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, which affected the San Francisco bay area,[7] and the 1994 Northridge earthquake which hit the Greater Los Angeles area,[8] caused widespread damage and deaths in their respective regions.

List of Earthquake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquakes_in_California)

Click image for larger version

Name:	earth1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	4711Click image for larger version

Name:	earth2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4712Name:  earth3.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  98.4 KBClick image for larger version

Name:	earth4.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4714

Preparedness

There are many ways to protect and prepare possible sites of earthquakes from severe damage, through the following processes: Earthquake engineering, Earthquake preparedness, Seismic retrofit (including special fasteners, materials, and techniques), Seismic hazard, Mitigation of seismic motion, and Earthquake prediction.

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) and California Institute of Technology (Caltech) provide public education to California. They hope to provide "public education about seismic hazards and methods of reducing or preventing seismic disaster damage." The California Earthquake Authority outlined the risks earthquakes pose to California and measures households can take to "Quake Safe" their house. Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country and Dare To Prepare are some of the Earthquake Readiness Campaigns.

"Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country" is a popular 32-page earthquake science and preparedness handbook was first published in 1995 by the SCEC.[59]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquakes_in_California

24. The Following User Says Thank You to stomy For This Post:

waterlily (18th February 2011)

25. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Los Angeles 'Big One' Could Come Sooner Than Expected: Study

Strong earthquakes along the San Andreas fault are a lot more frequent than previously thought

THE GIST

* Over the last 700 years, powerful quakes have struck the region every 45-144 years.
    * The last big 7.9 magnitude earthquake hit Los Angeles 153 years ago; the next is overdue.
    * If the "Big One" strikes, 2,000-50,000 people could lose their lives.

Strong earthquakes along the San Andreas fault in southern California are more frequent than previously thought, so the dreaded "Big One" could be just around the corner, US researchers said Friday in a study.

University of California at Irvine and Arizona State University scientists examined the geological record stretching back 700 years along the fault line 160 kilometers (100 miles) northwest of Los Angeles.

They found that strong earthquakes -- between 6.5 and 7.9 magnitude -- shook the area every 45-144 years, instead of the previously established 250-400 years.

Since the last big 7.9 magnitude earthquake struck southern California in 1857, or 153 years ago, scientists believe the next "Big One" could happen at any time.

The scientists on Friday provided an abstract of their study, which will be published in full in the September 1 issue of the magazine Geology.

"What we know is for the last 700 years, earthquakes on the southern San Andreas fault have been much more frequent than everyone thought," said the study's lead author Sinan Akciz.

"Data presented here contradict previously published reports," he added.

With 37 million people living in southern California, chiefly in the cities of Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim, a major earthquake could kill between 2,000 and 50,000 people and cause billions of dollars in damage, scientists said.

UCI seismologist Lisa Grant Ludwig, the study's chief investigator, said people in the area should already be taking precautions.

"There are storm clouds gathered on the horizon. Does that mean it's definitely going to rain? No, but when you have that many clouds, you think, I'm going to take my umbrella with me today. That's what this research does: It gives us a chance to prepare," she said.

For individuals, that means having ample water and other supplies on hand, safeguarding possessions in advance, and establishing family emergency plans.

For regulators, Ludwig advocates new policies requiring earthquake risk signs on unsafe buildings and forcing inspectors in home-sale transactions to disclose degrees of risk.

Some things, she added however, remain unpredictable, especially Los Angeles' troublesome highway grid, which in the best of times gets hopelessly choked in traffic.

Ludwig said the new data "puts the exclamation point" on the need for state residents and policymakers to be prepared.

Source: news.discovery.com

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ted;photovideo

Seismologists say earthquakes along major fault lines in both northern and southern California are due and they could be many times more powerful than ones in the past. John Blackstone looks at the chances of a major earthquake happening in California.

Earthquake fault lines run through or near the San Francisco Bay Area.

(CBS) THE BIG ONE is California shorthand for an earthquake that can be predicted with certainty but not much precision . . . and therefore can only be prepared for imprecisely. Our Cover Story is reported by now by John Blackstone:

Last Thursday, millions of people in California took shelter under tables and desks, protecting themselves from an earthquake . . . an imaginary one.

In this annual drill called the Great Shakeout, Californians practice responding to the injuries and destruction that are certain when the Big One hits.

Officials like San Francisco's Mayor Gavin Newsom say it's a civic duty to be prepared.

"Look, if you're going to move out to California and the West Coast, you're going live in not one earthquake zone but three earthquake zones. You've got to take that seriously. You have an obligation to take that seriously," Newsom said.

The seriousness of earthquakes has been obvious this year … tragically obvious.

The magnitude 7 quake that destroyed so much of Haiti in January was one of the deadliest ever, killing more than 220,000 people.

A month later, one of the most powerful earthquakes in a century . . . magnitude 8.8 . . . hit Chile. Better building standards limited the damage. Still, 370,000 homes were destroyed, and at least 520 people were killed.

In April, a magnitude 6.9 damaged 15,000 buildings in southern China, killing 2,700 people.

"This has been a busy year by any standard," said Tom Heaton, professor of Geophysics at Cal Tech. Heaton says where a quake hits can be at least as significant as how big it is.

The closest California has got to a notable quake this year is the 7.2 that rocked Mexico's Baja peninsula in April.

It was in the middle of the dessert, said Heaton, but if the epicenter were closer to a n urban center, "It would have been a very damaging event."

For those concerned about keeping Californians earthquake-ready, you could say that "nothing is finer than an earthquake that is minor." A little rattle now and then can keep people on their toes. Trouble is, California has been unusually stable recently.

Experts are certain that won't last.

"Basically, the San Andreas fault is locked and loaded and ready to rumble," said Thomas Jordan, director of the Southern California Earthquake Center.

"As a seismologist, of course, the longer we go without a big earthquake, the more nervous I get," Jordan said. "Because I know that, over time, we have to have earthquakes to relieve all of that energy that's being built up along the plate boundary. So the fact we haven't had an earthquake in this region for so long means that our time is getting due."

New calculations on the San Andreas near Los Angeles show major quakes happen there more frequently than previously believed, and the next one could be as big as magnitude 8.

"An earthquake of magnitude eight would affect the entire Los Angeles region, plus other communities along the fault," said Jordan.

The most recent big earthquake in L.A. was the 1994 Northridge quake. Fifty-seven died.

"It was the largest natural disaster before Katrina that the country had ever seen - $40 billion in direct economic damage," said Jordan.

It was magnitude 6.7. In the kind of math that only seismologists fully understand, a magnitude 8 quake would be many times more powerful.

David L. Ulin, who wrote about how Californians cope with earthquakes in "The Myth of Solid Ground," said the "Big One" could be 40-50 times as destructive as the Northridge quake. "For anyone who's lived through the Northridge quake, that's an unimaginable kind of circumstance," he said.

"People probably tend to kind of either get very scared or just sort of write it off, which seem to be the two poles of psychological response to these things - either they terrify you or you live in denial," Ulin said.

In a magnitude 8 earthquake, the shaking could last for a full minute. To appreciate what that could mean, consider the damage caused in the 15 seconds during which the ground shook in the San Francisco Bay area in 1989, in just 15 seconds.

At an Oakland park built as a memorial to the '89 quake, David Schwartz, of the U.S. Geological Survey, remembers that for all the destruction the epicenter of that quake was far away - 70 miles south of the Bay Area.

"We think our next big earthquake will occur right in the middle of the urban center," Schwartz said. "If you look out that way, there are hills, those are the East Bay hills, and the Hayward fault runs at the base of hills."

The Hayward fault is overdue. Add the San Andreas, and a startling number of lesser-known faults, and the San Francisco region is ripe for quakes.

"We're surrounded by faults, anywhere you go in the Bay Area," Schwartz said. "We could jokingly say, 'You can run, but you can't hide.' And that's sort of the truth."

The San Andreas fault brought on the Great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906. The violent shaking knocked down almost everything standing. The fire that followed ruined much of what was left. It's been estimated that 3,000 people died.

That's the kind of quake - much bigger, much more destructive than the one in 1989 - that seismologists figure could be on its way.

"So we've estimated in the next 30 years, a 63 percent chance - two out of three - that we'll have one or more magnitude six, seven or larger earthquakes," said Schwartz.

While earthquake scientists can make estimates, what they CAN'T do is make predictions.

"At one point people were quite optimistic that we'd come up with some systems to predict the earthquakes," said Heaton. "And the more we've studied the problem, the more we realize that that's kind of a false hope."

But once the earth has started moving, scientists may be able to send an alert that shock waves are on the way.

"We call it earthquake early warning," said Heaton. "Basically, it's based on the fact that earthquakes take a certain time to occur. They propagate along the fault. Here in California, we could get up to one minute of warning of a major earthquake on the San Andreas fault before it was to shake downtown Los Angeles."

Heaton also explained that "almost all of our smart phones have actually got seismometers in them."

Scientists working on an early warning system hope one day to say: "There's an app for that."

"So if we can take the information from the smart phones and assemble it and send it back to some central place, then not only is your smart phone telling you what's coming, but it's telling us what's happening where you are," said Heaton.

A few seconds of warning is good. Years of preparation is better. In the past two decades California has taken the lessons learned in the San Francisco and Northridge quakes to prepare for what could come next.

"The transportation system, the water pipelines crossing the faults, [and] the bridges have been retrofitted, except for the Bay Bridge, not quite finished yet, " said Schwartz.

The collapse of part of the Bay Bridge in the1989 quake made it a symbol of the state's vulnerable infrastructure. The replacement bridge scheduled for completion in 2013 includes innovations designed to let it bend and swing and rock in a major earthquake.

But its earthquake readiness comes at a cost: more than $6 billion.

But as Californians practice for the next Big One, it might be worth considering not just what earthquakes cost California, but what they have given California . . . the promise that it's a place where the past can be wiped away, and everything can start anew.

Source: CBSNews.com
    Last edited by stomy; 18th February 2011 at 12:09.

28. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    So do you have a feeling this could be imminent, Stomy?
    The mood here seems urgent.

I just read something of a similar mood from Slfrx on another thread, 'Charles will love his new title'..first post.
    To my reading, I realize that this phenomenon is very close!

Edgar Cayce speaks us: (Warning: the date wasn't 2001 (change of future))

The first sign of this change in the Earth's core would be the "breaking up of some conditions" in the South Pacific and "sinking or rising" in the Mediterranean or Etna area. Cayce forecast that, by the end of the century, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco would be destroyed. He said that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" at this time, and that northern Europe would be "changed as in the twinkling of an eye." In 1941, Cayce predicted that lands would appear in the Atlantic and the Pacific in the coming years, and that "the coastline now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battlefields of (1941) will be ocean, will be the sea, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as with one another."

"Watch New York, Connecticut and the like. Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the United States. Los Angeles, San Francisco, most of all these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear. This will be much sooner. The waters of the Great Lakes will empty into the Gulf of Mexico."

Cayce prophesied that the Earth's axis would be shifted by the year 2001, bringing on reversals in climate, "so that where there has been a frigid or semi-tropical climate, there will be a more tropical one, and moss and fern will grow." By this time, he indicated, a new cycle would begin.

Source: dreamscape.com

And

Billy Meier speaks of photographs of San Francisco taken in the future by its movement in flying saucers! It describes the cars as, and I quote:

Future San Francisco Earthquake?

In 1978, Wendelle Stevens reported viewing (along with Lee and Brit Elders and seven other witnesses) 11 photographs that Meier claimed that he took, during a time travel trip, of an earthquake that would occur sometime in the future, in San Francisco. Since publishing his observations, critics have claimed that Meier really just took photos of a painting that appeared in Geo magazine. But as Stevens says, there were 11 photos and only one Geo painting, plus as the investigators reviewed the photos looking for clues as to when it might happen, they noticed that the cars looked very different than the ones that were current in 1978.

Here is what Stevens had to say, “I carefully studied each picture as they came to me, trying to recognize familiar landmarks and buildings, and any prominent new structures I had never seen there before. I looked carefully at cars shown in the streets below for style and any configurations not familiar at the time. I did see smaller cars with smoothly rounded corners and no external projections, and some of these had half-glass and others full-glass cabin tops, making them look more like bugs than boxy cars.”

I recently sent Wendelle the picture below of the new Ford Edge, and asked him if this was at all similar to what he saw in those photographs. He replied, “Yes that does look a lot like the Beetle shaped cars we saw except, some of them were beginning to show small fins on the back of the rear fenders.”

Let’s see if designers start to introduce any cars with small fins…in the near future.

Source: theyfly.com

All these signs tells us that it is for very soon! If New York is destroyed! Wall Street will also be! Therefore I repeat what I advise you to make my friends:

Quote Posted by jjl (here)
    For me, the beginning was arrived the 29/09/2008 with Down Jones fallen to -777.7 pts.
    After, the crisis is amplified! Inflation is giant and Unfortunately, other riot will arrive! The experts of the world are agreement on the fact that we cannot continue to inject tickets of monopoly from the fed and Imf!

We have more than to pray that this madness stops!
    Blessings,
    What do you recommend?
    The best of advice that I will give you my friends:

First: live in the campaign and create its garden to hard times!

Second: Buy a food stock before inflation of products would be too expensive!

Third: remove its money of the bank and the bury in your garden for thieves or in a place impossible to believe that!

I create a post of 14 pages on how to prepare and to survive in difficult times! I will put him online very soon to save a maximum of world
    remember of post

29. Link to Post #38
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

I cant remember where I read it but if you are in quake zone it is worth investigating
    The study found that the worst thing you could do is get under a desk or chair, school children in particular were advised to lie in the channel between desks not under the as the ones who died by crushing were killed by the desks collapsing on top of them.

Anyway check it out.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

stomy (18th February 2011)

31. Link to Post #39
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

This megatsunami scenario reminds me of the movie Deep Impact, only it was caused by a meteor. Now could that have been their way of telling us where to expect it, rather than the cause?
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

33. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Can't stress my feelings about this strongly enough..... Since the start of the year i have had my earthquake dream lots and the location is getting clearer each time. In the dream at the end of Jan, me and my father were drinking some brandy i was given in the early nineties. What i found significant was the label on the bottle Louis Royer... i posted on a different forum a prediction on the 28th of jan. I have also found a few videos on U-tube regarding strange bird migrations around ST Louis and a discription of triboluminescence.......... still watchng....... normally i would get the dreams about 2-3 months before the event.

link to prediction
    There is no theory of evolution...
    There is just a list of creatures that Chuck Norris allows to live

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Setras For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast