+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elisabeth Haich INITIATION ebook

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member Victoria Tintagel's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Elisabeth Haich INITIATION ebook

Hey Avaloneans, here's a great ebook, written in the mid 20th century, about the Egyptian culture, spiritual teaching and initiations. In the pyramids. Haich is very knowledgable, this book made a huge impression on me, as it was my first book on a spiritual subject and I remember reading it at the same time period as Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance. When interested, I do hope you will enjoy this book. Be in grace, Victoria Tintagel.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/411641/Eli...ich-Initiation

INITIATION AUTHOR'S NOTE It is far from my intentions to want to provide a historical picture of Egypt. A person who is living in any given place has not the faintest idea of the peculiarities of his country, and he does not consider customs, language and religion from an ethnographic point of view. He takes everything as a matter of course. He is a human being and has his joys and sorrows, just like every other human being, anywhere, any place, any time; for that which is truly human is timeless and changeless.

My concern here is only with the human, not with ethnography and history. That is why I have, in relating the story which follows here, intentionally used modern terms. I have avoided using Egyptian sounding words to create the illusion of an Egyptian atmosphere. The teachings of the High Priest Ptahhotep are given inm o d er n language so thatm o d er n people may understand them. For religious symbols also, I have chosen to use modern terms so that all may understand what these symbols mean.

People of today understand us better if we say 'God' than if we were to use the Egyptian term 'Ptah' for the same concept. If we say 'Pt a h' everyone immediately thinks, 'Oh yes, Pt a h , the Egyptian God'. No! Pt a h was not an Egyptian God. On the contrary, the Egyptians called the same God whom we call God , by the name of Pt a h.
    And to take another example, their term for Satan was Seth. The words God and Satan carry meanings for us today which we would not get from the words Pt a h or S et h .

For people living in our times, these latter terms, Pt a h and S et h , are empty, dry and meaningless. The term Logos and the expression creative principle have a meaning for us today which we would not get from the term 'Horus Hawk'. Electricity was just as much electricity thousands of years ago as it is today, and an atom was an atom, simply by a different name. I make these comments here so that my readers may be able to devote their attention to the content of the story which follows here, without being halted unnecessarily by what may appear to be an anachronism merely because of the terms used—as for example when the Egyptian High Priest speaks of a 'chain reaction'!
    I have intentionally avoided trying to reproduce or imitate the ancient terminology for phenomena we now know under names everyone is accustomed to using.

click on the link at the top, for further reading....

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Victoria Tintagel For This Post:

dan33 (25th February 2011), Isthatso (17th February 2011), meeradas (17th February 2011), ROMANWKT (17th February 2011), str8thinker (16th February 2011), truthseekerdan (17th February 2011), Wood (17th February 2011), Yoda (17th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,545 times in 2,615 posts

Default Re: Elisabeth Haich INITIATION ebook

I read this back in 76 and again this past year when I found it on line..
    I highly recommend it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

dan33 (7th March 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011), write4change (17th February 2011), Yoda (17th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Yes, this is a FANTASTIC work!

Deep. Rich. Multi-dimensionally multifaceted. Profound.

Like you, I have read it more than once. It is a layered work that unfolds hidden meanings as one unfolds new perspectives and gains greater awareness. Didn't know it was in ebook format. Thanks very much for posting.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unplugged For This Post:

truthseekerdan (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011), Yoda (17th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Thanks Victoria for introducing us to this interesting lady.

More links about her:

Biography
    Interview

As I dislike using Scribd, here is the same document as an attachment you can download.
    Attached Files
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

conk (18th February 2011), fifi (17th February 2011), Isthatso (17th February 2011), ROMANWKT (17th February 2011), truthseekerdan (17th February 2011), unplugged (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011), Yoda (17th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

Thanks for bringing this book to our attention. I found a copy in a second-hand store and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. What an amazing woman! Her last life was just as fascinating as that of her Egyptian reincarnation.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

unplugged (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011), Yoda (17th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 times in 245 posts

I too read this back in the 80's when it was recommended to me by Rayelan Allen when she visited my hometown. Fascinating book and fascinating woman!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,396 times in 4,617 posts

It's a good book, thanks. I enjoyed reading it in paper form many years back..

It was always much easier for me to read real books than reading from e-devices , the extent and availability of material is so tempting though . But many days I can't do what I want simply because my eyes get overlighted .
    If there's new update to be from Apple technologies ( or anyone else ) I'd push them to invent something that minimizes or even pleases the eyes .

It's a transformative book

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

meeradas (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

You might also be interested in this book by her. This is the original work in German. It has been translated into English, titled "Sexual Energy and Yoga". If anyone can upload the English version, please do so.
    Attached Files
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

meeradas (17th February 2011), ROMANWKT (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

The Wisdom of the Tarot is another of her popular books. At 84 Mb (scanned) it is too large to add as an attachment, but you may download it here as a PDF file.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

astrid (17th February 2011), dan33 (7th March 2011), meeradas (17th February 2011), ROMANWKT (17th February 2011), Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Quote Posted by str8thinker (here)
    The Wisdom of the Tarot is another of her popular books. At 84 Mb (scanned) it is too large to add as an attachment, but you may download it here as a PDF file.
    Kewl, Str8, im collecting Tarot books at the moment, so perfect, thank you !!
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

20. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Victoria Tintagel (17th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

I downloaded the Tarot pdf also. Kind and thoughtful, both of you. I guess I should use my aeromiles to get an electronic reader!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflower For This Post:

Victoria Tintagel (21st February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread