+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple cider vinegar: amazing stuff!!!

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

Default Apple cider vinegar: amazing stuff!!!

Apple Cider Vinegar

In all likelihood, you have a bottle of sparkling clear apple cider vinegar in your kitchen. Most probably you have also heard of all the health benefits of this wonder vinegar . You use it for marinating the meat, chicken and fish. Almost all the salads that you make contain apple cider vinegar. You make a conscious effort to put in a little extra every time, so as to gain from all its good healing properties. If you are using apple cider vinegar that is clear and sparkling, the news is not very good. This apple cider vinegar does not contain all the health benefits that you have heard of.

The Real Apple Cider Vinegar

The apple cider vinegar that contains all of the health benefits is not a clear vinegar, but just the opposite. It is an organic and unfiltered vinegar . It is not a clear liquid, but has got a brownish tinge to it. If you try looking through it, you will notice a tiny cobweb-like substance floating in it. This is known as "mother", and means just one thing. This apple cider vinegar is of good quality with all the nutrients and health giving properties intact.

Just think. Would you buy a vinegar from the supermarket that is not clear, has got a brown tinge to it, and most of all you find something floating in it. In all likelihood you will not buy this. This is the prime reason why manufacturers distil the vinegar. The pure vinegar is steamed to get the sparking clear vinegar that is available at the supermarket. This steaming process destroys almost all of the health giving nutrients. What it does do is give the vinegar an excellent eye appeal.

Health benefits

There surely must be something really healthy in using apple cider vinegar, since The Father of Medicine, Hippocrates, used this vinegar around 400 B.C. for its health giving qualities. It is said that he had only two remedies: honey and apple cider vinegar.

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.

Pectin in the vinegar is a fiber which helps reduce bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. The need for calcium supplements once you start growing older is very well known. This vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables and meat it is mixed with, helping in the process of maintaining strong bones. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of ailments including hair loss, weak finger nails, brittle teeth, sinusitis, and a permanently running nose. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potassium. Studies have shown that potassium deficiency results in stunted growth. All these ailments can be avoided with the intake of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in this vinegar also helps in eliminating toxic waste from the body. The beta-carotene helps in countering damage caused by free radicals, helping one maintain firmer skin and a youthful appearance. Apple cider vinegar is good for those wanting to lose weight. It helps in breaking down fat which helps in natural weight reduction.

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around joints, helping relieve joint pains. This dissolved uric acid is gradually eliminated from the body.

It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments. No wonder then many know apple cider vinegar as the "Wonder Drug".

Different ways of consumption

Please make sure that you use only the natural, organic variety of apple cider vinegar; the sparkling clear variety will have practically no health benefits.

Many call apple cider vinegar the Wonder Drug . Propagators of this wonder drug claim that the best way to have the vinegar is first thing in the morning. Mix two tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water and drink it. This solution may taste slightly acidic, and may not seem to be the best way to start your morning, but once you know of the immense benefits that follow, it will not feel all that bad. Many find that following this routine first thing in the morning helps in eliminating constipation, which is one of the prime causes of many diseases. Constipation is also sometimes the cause of headaches - leading to a bad mood, deprived sleep, and a lethargic feeling the whole day. Once the constipation problem is solved, all the other symptoms vanish immediately, making you fresher and extremely active whole day long. Following this morning regime helps minor skin rashes vanish and the skin texture too improves, leaving you radiant and glowing naturally.

You can also enjoy the benefits of this wonder vinegar in many other ways. Use apple cider vinegar while preparing salads. Substitute the oil that is poured over a salad with this vinegar. Not only will the salad have a tangier taste, it will be much healthier too. Use this vinegar to pickle an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Marinating beef, pork, lamb, fish and a variety of meats is almost a daily process for meat eaters. Make apple cider vinegar the prime ingredient in the marinade with an assortment of herbs and spices. This marinade will not only help in flavoring and tenderizing the meat, but it also comes with all the health benefits that have already been mentioned.

Having that chilled glass of lemon juice can be substituted with a couple tablespoons apple cider vinegar and water. Some prefer the taste as is. If the taste is too acidic for you, add honey to give it the sweet tinge. Adding honey will only improve the health benefits.

Natural or Processed?

So, after reading this, what will your next bottle of apple cider vinegar be? Will it be the sparkling clear, eye-pleasing, nutrition-less apple cider vinegar; or will it be the organic, unfiltered, "mother" laced, nutrition filled, healthful apple cider vinegar.

Additional info from another source:

Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which usually require antibiotics and other medications that have a number of side effects. In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to:

* Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
    * Balance high cholesterol
    * Cure skin conditions such as acne
    * Protect against food poisoning
    * Fight allergies in both humans and animals
    * Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
    * Strengthen the immune system
    * Increase stamina
    * Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
    * Improve digestion and cure constipation
    * Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
    * Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections

Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar

Weight Loss
    While it is not known why, many people claim that Apple Cider Vinegar promotes weight loss. Some theories suggest that ACV helps to speed up the metabolism, while others suggest that it burns calories. A number of nutritionists also believe that combining Vitamin B6 and Lecithin with Apple Cider Vinegar is highly effective for weight loss. A suggested remedy is to mix 2 teaspoons of ACV mixed with a glass of water and drink this before every meal or sip it slowly throughout the day

Bad Breath

Due to its acidic properties, Apple Cider Vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad breath or halitosis. Simply add 1/2 tablespoon of ACV into a cup of water and gargle the mixture in your mouth for 10 seconds at a time until the cup is empty.

Body Odor
    Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective body odor remedy, since it can help adjust the skin's pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. For armpit odor, simply wipe them once each morning with undiluted apple cider vinegar (using a cotton ball). For foot odor, fill a pan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of ACV, then let your feet soak in this mixture for 15 minutes once per week.

Skin Problems and Infections/Acne

Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural cure for acne. Please refer to our Acne Home Remedy page for more information on how to treat acne with Apple Cider Vinegar.

Age Spots
    Apple Cider Vinegar contains sulfur that fights the effects of aging, which makes it suitable for treating age spots. Visit our Home Remedy for Age Spots page to learn about an effective Apple Cider Vinegar and onion juice treatment for this condition.

Cellulite
    Many women have found that Apple Cider Vinegar can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Our Cellulite Home Remedies page contains details on how ACV can be used to treat this problem.

Yeast Infection
    Apple Cider Vinegar has been found to be an effective treatment for yeast infections. See our Yeast Infection Home Remedies page for more details on how soaking in a bath mixed with a few cups of ACV can be used to treat this infection.

Stomach Problems Constipation

Apple Cider Vinegar is frequently used as a natural cure for constipation. Please visit our Constipation Home Remedy page for more information on how drinking Apple Cider Vinegar can help cure this common digestive problem.

Diarrhea
    There are various causes for diarrhea, and although it should not be left untreated, it is often a natural way for the body to rid itself of harmful compounds and ingested materials. Apple Cider Vinegar is a fantastic natural remedy for diarrhea since the high pectin concentration acts as a protective coating which soothes the irritated lining of the colon. A suggestion is to add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to a large glass of water, and drink this 3 times daily while the symptoms persist.

Major Illnesses Diabetes
    Apple Cider Vinegar may help to control high blood sugar levels, which is why it is often used as a natural treatment for Diabetes. Visit our Diabetes Remedies page to learn more about how ACV can be used to treat this condition.
    What are the Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar?

There are no major known side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar when used in moderation. However, drinking vinegars, acids or even lemon juices on a regular basis can lead to a deterioration of dental enamel. This can give your teeth a yellowish look and make them more sensitive to heat and cold. To prevent this, the vinegar should always be diluted with water or a pinch of baking soda should be added in order to reduce the acidity level.

Where and How to Buy Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar can be found in almost any natural health or nutrition store, or from a variety of online retailers such as Amazon.com (see links below). Look for ACV with a pH level of 5 to 7. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be found in capsule form which help eliminate the strong sour taste associated with the liquid vinegar.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 times in 300 posts

Default Re: Apple cider vinegar: amazing stuff!!!

Thanks, D-DAY. Very useful stuff! (That is, both your post and the apple cider vinegar!)

3. Link to Post #3
    Switzerland Avalon Member Nortreb's Avatar
    Thanks

Many Thanks, D-Day!
    “To be or become a master is to be or become something other than the Flow; something other than the Present Unfolding. It’s actually to move in the wrong direction.”

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,811 times in 712 posts

Nice post.
    It also clears fungal infections on the feet.
    I found this site which explains how to make apple cider vinegar, if you so choose.
    here!

Blessings

Ammit
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

5. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 times in 524 posts

Also Bicarbonate of Soda has many many applications and health benefits.
    I recommend looking this up if you haven't already.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

Icecold (21st February 2011), Lettherebelight (19th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

ACV is also wonderful for pets, including dogs, cats, and horses. It helps them with arthritic conditions, controls fleas & barn flies, and gives a beautiful shine to their coats!

8. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HURRITT ENYETO (here)

Hi HURRITT ENYETO,

I've been looking into the potential health benefits of baking soda for a while now and I must say that I've read a lot of great stuff about it so far.

However, I also come across a few websites where they were raising concerns about baking soda depleting the body of essential vitamins and minerals like B vitamins, folic acid and chromium.

Have you by any chance done some research into those claims??

If you have, I'd really appreciate your feedback/opinions or maybe some reference material that refutes the claims as I'm still undecided at the moment.

Cheers
    Dan

9. Link to Post #8
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,282 times in 524 posts

Quote However, I also come across a few websites where they were raising concerns about baking soda depleting the body of essential vitamins and minerals like B vitamins, folic acid and chromium.

Have you by any chance done some research into those claims??
    Hi friend.
    I would take those claims with a pinch of Salt (and Apple Cider vinegar)
    Baking Soda has been used for hundreds of years as a cure for all kinds.
    Its like with anything, Only take in moderation, Im sure there are websites declaring the evils of Apple Cider Vinegar (they wouldn't want you being all healthy now would they) god forbid you might stop buying all those pharmaceutics lol

Also check out my PDF thread,i have a few free books on natural cures, herbal remedies etc
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...g-books-in-pdf
    Last edited by HURRITT ENYETO; 21st February 2011 at 11:15.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

aikya (25th February 2011), D-Day (21st February 2011), danielle (6th April 2011)

11. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Im sure there are websites declaring the evils of Apple Cider Vinegar (they wouldn't want you being all healthy now would they) god forbid you might stop buying all those pharmaceutics lol

Also check out my PDF thread,i have a few free books on natural cures, herbal remedies etc
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...g-books-in-pdf

Thanks for the info HURRITT ENYETO, much appreciated!

... and good point

12. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,389 times in 1,063 posts

Quote Posted by HURRITT ENYETO (here)
    I agree that Bicarbonate of Soda has many benefits. A word of caution, tho, the regular over the counter Bicarbonate of Soda contains aluminum. Bob's Red Mill has a Bicarb that does not contain aluminum.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janus For This Post:

D-Day (21st February 2011), Merkaba360 (21st March 2011)

14. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks for this post D-DAY,
    The many applications and benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar highlighted in this post are most appreciated. It is interesting is that the father of medicine, Hippocrates used it as one of only 2 remedies- the other being honey.
    What is striking about this is that Apple Cider Vinegar is strongly alkaline and coutneracts the effects of the many diseases presumably caused by excess acidity in the body.
    Thank you for bringing to light the power and importance of alkaline in the diet

For a free list of alkaline foods -

http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_...line_foods.php
    Last edited by Lancelot; 21st February 2011 at 13:30.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Lettherebelight (19th April 2011), Marie (5th April 2011)

16. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member exponentialist's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a "heart attack" scare recently. Tight pressure in my chest, radiating pain, etc. Triage nurse says get to ER right away!!!!!

Almost $5000 worth of tests later, nothing. (I have insurance, but it will still cost me several hundreds of dollars)

Then I went to my naturopath (WHY didn't I do this right away?) who correctly diagnosed some weird esophageal spasm thing. He told me to drink apple cider vinegar - sip it in water in the morning. Cleared it up in one day. That visit cost $25. Everything's still good.

Thank you D-Day for a great thread!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exponentialist For This Post:

D-Day (22nd February 2011), Earth Angel (1st October 2011), Merkaba360 (21st March 2011)

18. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    Apple Cider Vinegar

In all likelihood, you have a bottle of sparkling clear apple cider vinegar in your kitchen. Most probably you have also heard of all the health benefits of this wonder vinegar . You use it for marinating the meat, chicken and fish. Almost all the salads that you make contain apple cider vinegar. You make a conscious effort to put in a little extra every time, so as to gain from all its good healing properties. If you are using apple cider vinegar that is clear and sparkling, the news is not very good. This apple cider vinegar does not contain all the health benefits that you have heard of.

The Real Apple Cider Vinegar

The apple cider vinegar that contains all of the health benefits is not a clear vinegar, but just the opposite. It is an organic and unfiltered vinegar . It is not a clear liquid, but has got a brownish tinge to it. If you try looking through it, you will notice a tiny cobweb-like substance floating in it. This is known as "mother", and means just one thing. This apple cider vinegar is of good quality with all the nutrients and health giving properties intact.

Just think. Would you buy a vinegar from the supermarket that is not clear, has got a brown tinge to it, and most of all you find something floating in it. In all likelihood you will not buy this. This is the prime reason why manufacturers distil the vinegar. The pure vinegar is steamed to get the sparking clear vinegar that is available at the supermarket. This steaming process destroys almost all of the health giving nutrients. What it does do is give the vinegar an excellent eye appeal.

Health benefits

There surely must be something really healthy in using apple cider vinegar, since The Father of Medicine, Hippocrates, used this vinegar around 400 B.C. for its health giving qualities. It is said that he had only two remedies: honey and apple cider vinegar.

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.

Pectin in the vinegar is a fiber which helps reduce bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. The need for calcium supplements once you start growing older is very well known. This vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables and meat it is mixed with, helping in the process of maintaining strong bones. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of ailments including hair loss, weak finger nails, brittle teeth, sinusitis, and a permanently running nose. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potassium. Studies have shown that potassium deficiency results in stunted growth. All these ailments can be avoided with the intake of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in this vinegar also helps in eliminating toxic waste from the body. The beta-carotene helps in countering damage caused by free radicals, helping one maintain firmer skin and a youthful appearance. Apple cider vinegar is good for those wanting to lose weight. It helps in breaking down fat which helps in natural weight reduction.

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around joints, helping relieve joint pains. This dissolved uric acid is gradually eliminated from the body.

It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments. No wonder then many know apple cider vinegar as the "Wonder Drug".

Different ways of consumption

Please make sure that you use only the natural, organic variety of apple cider vinegar; the sparkling clear variety will have practically no health benefits.

Many call apple cider vinegar the Wonder Drug . Propagators of this wonder drug claim that the best way to have the vinegar is first thing in the morning. Mix two tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water and drink it. This solution may taste slightly acidic, and may not seem to be the best way to start your morning, but once you know of the immense benefits that follow, it will not feel all that bad. Many find that following this routine first thing in the morning helps in eliminating constipation, which is one of the prime causes of many diseases. Constipation is also sometimes the cause of headaches - leading to a bad mood, deprived sleep, and a lethargic feeling the whole day. Once the constipation problem is solved, all the other symptoms vanish immediately, making you fresher and extremely active whole day long. Following this morning regime helps minor skin rashes vanish and the skin texture too improves, leaving you radiant and glowing naturally.

You can also enjoy the benefits of this wonder vinegar in many other ways. Use apple cider vinegar while preparing salads. Substitute the oil that is poured over a salad with this vinegar. Not only will the salad have a tangier taste, it will be much healthier too. Use this vinegar to pickle an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Marinating beef, pork, lamb, fish and a variety of meats is almost a daily process for meat eaters. Make apple cider vinegar the prime ingredient in the marinade with an assortment of herbs and spices. This marinade will not only help in flavoring and tenderizing the meat, but it also comes with all the health benefits that have already been mentioned.

Having that chilled glass of lemon juice can be substituted with a couple tablespoons apple cider vinegar and water. Some prefer the taste as is. If the taste is too acidic for you, add honey to give it the sweet tinge. Adding honey will only improve the health benefits.

Natural or Processed?

So, after reading this, what will your next bottle of apple cider vinegar be? Will it be the sparkling clear, eye-pleasing, nutrition-less apple cider vinegar; or will it be the organic, unfiltered, "mother" laced, nutrition filled, healthful apple cider vinegar.

Additional info from another source:

Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which usually require antibiotics and other medications that have a number of side effects. In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to:

* Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
    * Balance high cholesterol
    * Cure skin conditions such as acne
    * Protect against food poisoning
    * Fight allergies in both humans and animals
    * Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
    * Strengthen the immune system
    * Increase stamina
    * Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
    * Improve digestion and cure constipation
    * Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
    * Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections

Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar

Weight Loss
    While it is not known why, many people claim that Apple Cider Vinegar promotes weight loss. Some theories suggest that ACV helps to speed up the metabolism, while others suggest that it burns calories. A number of nutritionists also believe that combining Vitamin B6 and Lecithin with Apple Cider Vinegar is highly effective for weight loss. A suggested remedy is to mix 2 teaspoons of ACV mixed with a glass of water and drink this before every meal or sip it slowly throughout the day

Bad Breath

Due to its acidic properties, Apple Cider Vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad breath or halitosis. Simply add 1/2 tablespoon of ACV into a cup of water and gargle the mixture in your mouth for 10 seconds at a time until the cup is empty.

Body Odor
    Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective body odor remedy, since it can help adjust the skin's pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. For armpit odor, simply wipe them once each morning with undiluted apple cider vinegar (using a cotton ball). For foot odor, fill a pan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of ACV, then let your feet soak in this mixture for 15 minutes once per week.

Skin Problems and Infections/Acne

Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural cure for acne. Please refer to our Acne Home Remedy page for more information on how to treat acne with Apple Cider Vinegar.

Age Spots
    Apple Cider Vinegar contains sulfur that fights the effects of aging, which makes it suitable for treating age spots. Visit our Home Remedy for Age Spots page to learn about an effective Apple Cider Vinegar and onion juice treatment for this condition.

Cellulite
    Many women have found that Apple Cider Vinegar can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Our Cellulite Home Remedies page contains details on how ACV can be used to treat this problem.

Yeast Infection
    Apple Cider Vinegar has been found to be an effective treatment for yeast infections. See our Yeast Infection Home Remedies page for more details on how soaking in a bath mixed with a few cups of ACV can be used to treat this infection.

Stomach Problems Constipation

Apple Cider Vinegar is frequently used as a natural cure for constipation. Please visit our Constipation Home Remedy page for more information on how drinking Apple Cider Vinegar can help cure this common digestive problem.

Diarrhea
    There are various causes for diarrhea, and although it should not be left untreated, it is often a natural way for the body to rid itself of harmful compounds and ingested materials. Apple Cider Vinegar is a fantastic natural remedy for diarrhea since the high pectin concentration acts as a protective coating which soothes the irritated lining of the colon. A suggestion is to add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to a large glass of water, and drink this 3 times daily while the symptoms persist.

Major Illnesses Diabetes
    Apple Cider Vinegar may help to control high blood sugar levels, which is why it is often used as a natural treatment for Diabetes. Visit our Diabetes Remedies page to learn more about how ACV can be used to treat this condition.

There are no major known side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar when used in moderation. However, drinking vinegars, acids or even lemon juices on a regular basis can lead to a deterioration of dental enamel. This can give your teeth a yellowish look and make them more sensitive to heat and cold. To prevent this, the vinegar should always be diluted with water or a pinch of baking soda should be added in order to reduce the acidity level.

Where and How to Buy Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar can be found in almost any natural health or nutrition store, or from a variety of online retailers such as Amazon.com (see links below). Look for ACV with a pH level of 5 to 7. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be found in capsule form which help eliminate the strong sour taste associated with the liquid vinegar.
    I've been using vinegar extensively ever since I was little and never really thought of posting it on here. Thanks for putting it out there, and if anyone is interested I have several stories to share on the topic.

19. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member exponentialist's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Adaiahsshadow;150367]
    Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    Apple Cider Vinegar

I've been using vinegar extensively ever since I was little and never really thought of posting it on here. Thanks for putting it out there, and if anyone is interested I have several stories to share on the topic.
    I'm Definitely interested Adaiahsshadow

20. Link to Post #15
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 times in 251 posts

Excellent post D-Day!
    Bill wrote a book called 'The Kitchen Medicine Book' which includes the benefits of ACV and be downloaded here:
    http://projectavalon.net/The_Kitchen_Medicine_Book.pdf

Can anyone in England recommend a good brand and store to buy from please?

21. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Excellent post. Apple cider vinegar is good stuff
    It's main benifit is alkalinity which is why baking soda is so useful too...
    you might be interested in reading some of edgar cayce's medicinal information in regards to apple cider vinegar and restoration of the bodys alkaline properties...
    Another thing these help is utis, kidney infections, and yeast infections and other digestive upsets..(this is why tums and alkasetzer contain baking soda).
    It creates an environment thats harsh on bad bacterias and fungi without destroying your own personal flora and fauna...
    so long as you don't overdo it.
    lowering your alkalinity too much could be harmful but its a lot easier to accidently raise your acidity
    and i doubt you guys will be drinking cups full of vinegar daily so we're okay

As an overall health benifit i would recommend Kombucha... It's a fermented mushroom tea that has amazing benifits for the system.
    plus you can buy the mushroom culture and remake it yourself over and over ( as it produces a new mushroom each time)
    It doesn't taste all that great but with a little fruit juice (or you can buy the already made flavored ones) its not too bad.
    It's bubbly kind of like a soda but funny tasting..
    but you feel sooo much better after drinking it... loaded with probiotics and enzymes

22. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member stringflicker's Avatar
    Thanks

My uncle has been clamoring about this stuff for a while now saying that it lowered his cholesterol well below the danger zone. I just bought my first bottle a few weeks ago; all I know so far is that you can't just swig some if you're in a hurry.

23. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 times in 251 posts

Its alright, i just ordered 2 bottles of braggs with the mother from Amazon.

24. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Ol' Roy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,264 times in 364 posts

I've always read about the benefits of apple cider vinegar. I am allergic or have an intolerance to regular vinegar(the distilled kind). It causes sores on my face and makes me ache all over. I love the stuff though. I can't eat salad dressing, ketchup, or mustard. Things, that I really like. It may be woth a try to get some organic,nonfiltered ACV. I don't think it will kill me. I would love to be able to make salad dressing again! Thanks for the post D-Day!

Ol'Roy

25. Link to Post #20
    Australia Deactivated
    Thanks

I´ve read the info on the benefits of organic apple cider, and have used it for at least six months...didnt find major changes except perhaps slight improve in joint mobility...
    Not wanting to discourage anyone, just give feedback

I can talk wonders about consuming chlorella but its off topic...
    hugs
    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast