+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple cider vinegar: amazing stuff!!!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks

Default Re: Apple cider vinegar: amazing stuff!!!

sometimes the benifits are just subtle ones..like you couldve been prevented from picking up a certain cold..or felt less tired one day than you wouldve etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sowelu For This Post:

bilko (22nd February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

My morning concoction:

1tbsp of Bragg's ACV
    1tsp of raw honey/royal jelly
    1tbsp of raw green foods powder
    1tbsp of freshly ground flax or chia seeds
    10 oz of clean water

NOT too tasty, no, but extremely healthful.

If you have the cheaper, refined vinegar, use it to wash the car windshield inside. Half cup of the vinegar, along with three drops of dishwashing liquid in around 16 oz of water. Cuts the grease and dirt very well. Much better than Windex like products.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

D-Day (22nd February 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,269 times in 905 posts

I take mine with tomato juice (just the store-bought stuff for convenience) .. it masks the flavour REALLY well and actually tastes pretty good.
    Last edited by D-Day; 23rd February 2011 at 04:10.

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

It really can do a lot of things. My sons had problems with warts. When we tried some of the over the counter meds for months, it actually made them grow bigger.

I stumbled onto a website on how to remove warts with apple cider vinegar. We only had to do the application 3 xs and they are completely gone. Sometimes it truly is just the simple things in life

All you do is use a bit of vasaline, or any thick oil like coco butter around the outside of the wart. This protects the surrounding skin from the vinegar, and you really do need it.
    Then soak a piece of cotton ball in the vinegar and place over the wart. The cotton ball should be about the same size of the wart.
    We taped ours on with duct tape, to keep it from leaking in the bed at night.
    Just leave it on overnight and remove everything in the morning. It's also important to let it dry out during the day.

On one son, the warts got a black center and died off a few days later. The other son, I saw no change the first few times, no black spot, just ended up shrinking away.
    I'm so glad I tried this.
    -Di

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

Lettherebelight (19th April 2011)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Yes hurritt enyeto bill posted about bicarb 2 months ago i decided to give it a go results have been wonderfull .marked improvement in my general health

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 times in 501 posts

Greetings DDay

Thanks for this information....
    I learned of the benefits of ACV from the Edgar Cayce readings... in his sleep trances he often referred to Apple Cider Vinegar as the best substance for keeping PH high, which protects one's body from illness.
    Thanks again...
    Blessings

10. Link to Post #27
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Yay, just got my Braggs through the post!
    downed 2 capfulls, Whoa!, fizzyish, tangy, sharp but not unpleasant.

I will be trying out various mixes.
    I got 2 bottles, 1 can go in my home first aid kit along with the tub of bicarbonate stuff and the good quality cayenne pepper.
    Trying to buy any of this stuff from so called health shops here in England is an exercise in patience at the very least.
    Thank goodness for Amazon, don't think much of the reams of brown paper and 3 huge cardboard boxes though, still, maybe i'll make a fort or something.

Anyone got a good salad dressing recipe with ACV they can part with please?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Earth Angel (22nd April 2012)

12. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by HURRITT ENYETO (here)
    Also Bicarbonate of Soda has many many applications and health benefits.
    I recommend looking this up if you haven't already.
    Thanks H.E....

I use bi carb for just about everything...

I look for the labels that are "aluminium free"

Applications I use it for:

For washing my hair and body, to clean the toilet, bathroom, shower (I discovered that it also acts as a mould retardant when using it in the shower for all your personal use), basins, carpet deoderiser, scrubbing pots and pans, deoderants, getting marks off walls, in the washing machine, as a raising agent for when I make cooked foods for the boys (I enjoy a raw, organic, plant-based diet) - the list goes on and on.

13. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.
    Thanks for a great post! I am about to make a honey+Braggs vinegar mix and drink it! Gonna make it a daily routine and will see on the results!

I have never treated chlorine and fluorine as useful vital minerals, can someone increase brightness of my understanding?
    Is it a matter of quantity that makes the line between vital and toxic? (my guess)
    IDDQD

14. Link to Post #30
    England Avalon Member Connecting with Sauce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 354 posts

yes it definitely needs the mother included... a UK source of it "with mother" is here:

http://bobbys-healthy-shop.co.uk/App...er-Vinegar.php

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Connecting with Sauce For This Post:

Lettherebelight (19th April 2011)

16. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

Quote Posted by exponentialist (here)
    I had a "heart attack" scare recently. Tight pressure in my chest, radiating pain, etc. Triage nurse says get to ER right away!!!!!

Almost $5000 worth of tests later, nothing. (I have insurance, but it will still cost me several hundreds of dollars)

Then I went to my naturopath (WHY didn't I do this right away?) who correctly diagnosed some weird esophageal spasm thing. He told me to drink apple cider vinegar - sip it in water in the morning. Cleared it up in one day. That visit cost $25. Everything's still good.

Thank you D-Day for a great thread!
    For heart attacks, cayenne pepper is reported to stop a heart attack within a minute or so:

http://www.cayennepepper.info/health...ne-pepper.html

Quote (...)
    Dr. John Christopher, the famed natural herbalist, was persecuted relentlessly by the government for his practice of herbal medicine all the while assisting patients in curing heart disease, cancer, tuberculosis, infertility, rheumatism, leukemia, and every other incurable under the sun.

One of his greatest stories in his long career was how he could instantly stop a heart attack if he could get the patient to drink a glass of warm cayenne water. He said, "A teaspoon of cayenne should bring the patient out of the heart attack."
    http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm

Quote (...)
    Cayenne has been known to stop heart attacks within 30 seconds. For example, when a 90-year-old man in Oregon had a severe heart attack, his daughter was able to get Cayenne extract into his mouth. He was pronounced dead by the medics, but within a few minutes, he regained consciousness. On the way to the hospital, he remained in a semi-conscious state, but the daughter kept giving him the Cayenne extract. By the time they got to the hospital, he had fully recovered and wanted to go home and mow the lawn. The doctor asked what she had given him, as he said it was the closest thing to a miracle he had ever seen.
    I once also had a kind of oesophagal spasm, and tried the cayenne and it worked on that too!
    Last edited by aikya; 25th February 2011 at 01:30.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aikya For This Post:

exponentialist (5th March 2011), Lettherebelight (19th April 2011)

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

I've had problems with acne as a teenager, and I remember my mom telling me it would go away once I got older. Well, the acne stayed with me in my 20s and well into my 30s.
    I spent a lot of money going to the dermatologist for many years. All the doc could do for me was to give me stronger antibiotics over the years.

In my late 20s and 30s I spent $$$ getting weekly facials which helped keep my skin clear, but the breakouts would come back once I stopped getting them.

I lived in China for about 2 years, and had no access to a reputable aesthetic salon, so I went online to find something to help me.

I found out about ACV, and I started taking it. I only had access to the clear type, but I thought it was better than nothing.

I started seeing slight results after 2 weeks, but it got better as time went by. After about a year, I had no more breakouts.

I drink flavored vinegar now (a popular health drink mixture in Korea). It keeps my breakouts under control. If I go one week without it, I start getting breakouts again, so the age factor is out the window.

There are many benefits to ACV, but vinegar in general is also very good to your health.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

D-Day (17th March 2011)

20. Link to Post #33
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by D-DAY (here)
    Apple Cider Vinegar

In all likelihood, you have a bottle of sparkling clear apple cider vinegar in your kitchen. Most probably you have also heard of all the health benefits of this wonder vinegar . You use it for marinating the meat, chicken and fish. Almost all the salads that you make contain apple cider vinegar. You make a conscious effort to put in a little extra every time, so as to gain from all its good healing properties. If you are using apple cider vinegar that is clear and sparkling, the news is not very good. This apple cider vinegar does not contain all the health benefits that you have heard of.

The Real Apple Cider Vinegar

The apple cider vinegar that contains all of the health benefits is not a clear vinegar, but just the opposite. It is an organic and unfiltered vinegar . It is not a clear liquid, but has got a brownish tinge to it. If you try looking through it, you will notice a tiny cobweb-like substance floating in it. This is known as "mother", and means just one thing. This apple cider vinegar is of good quality with all the nutrients and health giving properties intact.

Just think. Would you buy a vinegar from the supermarket that is not clear, has got a brown tinge to it, and most of all you find something floating in it. In all likelihood you will not buy this. This is the prime reason why manufacturers distil the vinegar. The pure vinegar is steamed to get the sparking clear vinegar that is available at the supermarket. This steaming process destroys almost all of the health giving nutrients. What it does do is give the vinegar an excellent eye appeal.

Health benefits

There surely must be something really healthy in using apple cider vinegar, since The Father of Medicine, Hippocrates, used this vinegar around 400 B.C. for its health giving qualities. It is said that he had only two remedies: honey and apple cider vinegar.

Apple cider vinegar is made from fresh ripe apples that are fermented and undergo a stringent process to create the final product. The vinegar contains a host of vitamins, beta-carotene, pectin and vital minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, chlorine, sulphur, iron, and fluorine.

Pectin in the vinegar is a fiber which helps reduce bad cholesterol and helps in regulating blood pressure. The need for calcium supplements once you start growing older is very well known. This vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables and meat it is mixed with, helping in the process of maintaining strong bones. Potassium deficiency causes a variety of ailments including hair loss, weak finger nails, brittle teeth, sinusitis, and a permanently running nose. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potassium. Studies have shown that potassium deficiency results in stunted growth. All these ailments can be avoided with the intake of apple cider vinegar. The potassium in this vinegar also helps in eliminating toxic waste from the body. The beta-carotene helps in countering damage caused by free radicals, helping one maintain firmer skin and a youthful appearance. Apple cider vinegar is good for those wanting to lose weight. It helps in breaking down fat which helps in natural weight reduction.

Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting fungal and bacterial infections. This acid dissolves uric acid deposits that form around joints, helping relieve joint pains. This dissolved uric acid is gradually eliminated from the body.

It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments. No wonder then many know apple cider vinegar as the "Wonder Drug".

Different ways of consumption

Please make sure that you use only the natural, organic variety of apple cider vinegar; the sparkling clear variety will have practically no health benefits.

Many call apple cider vinegar the Wonder Drug . Propagators of this wonder drug claim that the best way to have the vinegar is first thing in the morning. Mix two tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water and drink it. This solution may taste slightly acidic, and may not seem to be the best way to start your morning, but once you know of the immense benefits that follow, it will not feel all that bad. Many find that following this routine first thing in the morning helps in eliminating constipation, which is one of the prime causes of many diseases. Constipation is also sometimes the cause of headaches - leading to a bad mood, deprived sleep, and a lethargic feeling the whole day. Once the constipation problem is solved, all the other symptoms vanish immediately, making you fresher and extremely active whole day long. Following this morning regime helps minor skin rashes vanish and the skin texture too improves, leaving you radiant and glowing naturally.

You can also enjoy the benefits of this wonder vinegar in many other ways. Use apple cider vinegar while preparing salads. Substitute the oil that is poured over a salad with this vinegar. Not only will the salad have a tangier taste, it will be much healthier too. Use this vinegar to pickle an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Marinating beef, pork, lamb, fish and a variety of meats is almost a daily process for meat eaters. Make apple cider vinegar the prime ingredient in the marinade with an assortment of herbs and spices. This marinade will not only help in flavoring and tenderizing the meat, but it also comes with all the health benefits that have already been mentioned.

Having that chilled glass of lemon juice can be substituted with a couple tablespoons apple cider vinegar and water. Some prefer the taste as is. If the taste is too acidic for you, add honey to give it the sweet tinge. Adding honey will only improve the health benefits.

Natural or Processed?

So, after reading this, what will your next bottle of apple cider vinegar be? Will it be the sparkling clear, eye-pleasing, nutrition-less apple cider vinegar; or will it be the organic, unfiltered, "mother" laced, nutrition filled, healthful apple cider vinegar.

Additional info from another source:

Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural cure for a number of ailments which usually require antibiotics and other medications that have a number of side effects. In particular, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to:

* Reduce sinus infections and sore throats
    * Balance high cholesterol
    * Cure skin conditions such as acne
    * Protect against food poisoning
    * Fight allergies in both humans and animals
    * Prevent muscle fatigue after exercise
    * Strengthen the immune system
    * Increase stamina
    * Increase metabolism which promotes weight loss
    * Improve digestion and cure constipation
    * Alleviate symptoms of arthritis and gout
    * Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections

Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar

Weight Loss
    While it is not known why, many people claim that Apple Cider Vinegar promotes weight loss. Some theories suggest that ACV helps to speed up the metabolism, while others suggest that it burns calories. A number of nutritionists also believe that combining Vitamin B6 and Lecithin with Apple Cider Vinegar is highly effective for weight loss. A suggested remedy is to mix 2 teaspoons of ACV mixed with a glass of water and drink this before every meal or sip it slowly throughout the day

Bad Breath

Due to its acidic properties, Apple Cider Vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad breath or halitosis. Simply add 1/2 tablespoon of ACV into a cup of water and gargle the mixture in your mouth for 10 seconds at a time until the cup is empty.

Body Odor
    Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective body odor remedy, since it can help adjust the skin's pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. For armpit odor, simply wipe them once each morning with undiluted apple cider vinegar (using a cotton ball). For foot odor, fill a pan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of ACV, then let your feet soak in this mixture for 15 minutes once per week.

Skin Problems and Infections/Acne

Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural cure for acne. Please refer to our Acne Home Remedy page for more information on how to treat acne with Apple Cider Vinegar.

Age Spots
    Apple Cider Vinegar contains sulfur that fights the effects of aging, which makes it suitable for treating age spots. Visit our Home Remedy for Age Spots page to learn about an effective Apple Cider Vinegar and onion juice treatment for this condition.

Cellulite
    Many women have found that Apple Cider Vinegar can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Our Cellulite Home Remedies page contains details on how ACV can be used to treat this problem.

Yeast Infection
    Apple Cider Vinegar has been found to be an effective treatment for yeast infections. See our Yeast Infection Home Remedies page for more details on how soaking in a bath mixed with a few cups of ACV can be used to treat this infection.

Stomach Problems Constipation

Apple Cider Vinegar is frequently used as a natural cure for constipation. Please visit our Constipation Home Remedy page for more information on how drinking Apple Cider Vinegar can help cure this common digestive problem.

Diarrhea
    There are various causes for diarrhea, and although it should not be left untreated, it is often a natural way for the body to rid itself of harmful compounds and ingested materials. Apple Cider Vinegar is a fantastic natural remedy for diarrhea since the high pectin concentration acts as a protective coating which soothes the irritated lining of the colon. A suggestion is to add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to a large glass of water, and drink this 3 times daily while the symptoms persist.

Major Illnesses Diabetes
    Apple Cider Vinegar may help to control high blood sugar levels, which is why it is often used as a natural treatment for Diabetes. Visit our Diabetes Remedies page to learn more about how ACV can be used to treat this condition.
    What are the Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar?

What are the Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar?
    There are no major known side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar when used in moderation. However, drinking vinegars, acids or even lemon juices on a regular basis can lead to a deterioration of dental enamel. This can give your teeth a yellowish look and make them more sensitive to heat and cold. To prevent this, the vinegar should always be diluted with water or a pinch of baking soda should be added in order to reduce the acidity level.

Where and How to Buy Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar can be found in almost any natural health or nutrition store, or from a variety of online retailers such as Amazon.com (see links below). Look for ACV with a pH level of 5 to 7. Apple Cider Vinegar can also be found in capsule form which help eliminate the strong sour taste associated with the liquid vinegar.
    Here goes.. First ever contribution to Avalon!

I've got to give praise to this thread and the original poster. I read this while on holiday in the Philippines of February 2011 and come across it by chance as i was seeking other ways of curing 10 years of misery! Cut a long story short, I lost a girlfriend at 21 through mental illness then not long after i was involved in a building accident and as a result breaking 4 bones in my lower back. I was heavily involved with Boxing up till then and my career (as you could imagine) finished. I then started University and tried to crack on with an education in Graphic Design. After 3 years of uni (which i hated) i returned home to life of not knowing what the heck to do? I no longer enjoyed my passion in design and was totally LOST! All the stress of the previous years had caught up with me at once and i was slowly losing my grip of normal life. At this point and unknown to me i started to suffer from anxiety and later through more stressful relationships i started having panic attacks. These lasted about 3 years and after many visits to the doctor they gradually subsided. But i was still left with an awful amount of anxiety that i couldn't shake off. Gradually i just dealt with it my own way and it had totally changed the person i was. Then in my late 20's i had the most worse panic attack to date and ended up on an ECG machine twice in a week. I was left with numb fingers and toes on my left side. Sometimes sharp pains through my heart which caused more 'weirdness' throughout my body with the added bonus of palpitations on a daily basis. Ive had numerous tests- blood,nerve,thyroid and they all came up negative. According to the doctors i was healthy!! LOL They tried giving me Beta blockers & Diazipan but they never EVER cured anything. Anyway , like i said i just got used to it all...turned me into a weirdo at times but i just learned to live with it.

Then of February this year i discovered ACV.. I was on holiday in Philippines then i went to Thailand where i stumbled across Bragg ACV in a local 'Foodland' Bought it immediately and to my amazement i could feel the effects work within 2 hours of taking. All symptoms have cleared up Completely. I also had no cartilage in my back due to my building accident that was causing me an immense amount of pain. The anti-inflammatory drugs they were giving me only worked about 40-50%. That too has ceased top ache. I feel like BRAND NEW!!! I mean, i'm back to how i should feel. I feel like the last 10 years have past me by FOR WHAT??? I have since passed it onto both my Mum & Brother who suffer from Arthritis and they too are shocked as to it's effects. My mum couldn't even open a jam jar for the last few years now she is able to walk down the stairs normal with no pain. There is more to this story but im not going to go into it now..

But im just a happy man right now that this is sorted.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (20th April 2011), Isthatso (20th April 2011), Lettherebelight (19th April 2011), Marie (5th April 2011), TheTwo (5th April 2011)

22. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Helo there: Thanks for the info, I knew about apple cider vinegar since I came to this country and even today is amazing for me what it can do for you. I know about this wonderful website plenty of home remedies from around the world and where the people using this remedies are the people who give testimonies. www.earthclinic.com

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Of course an apple a day will keep the doctor away even without turning it into vinegar; can someone please tell me about the therapeutic virtues of calvados?

24. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member olgraybear's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Of course an apple a day will keep the doctor away even without turning it into vinegar; can someone please tell me about the therapeutic virtues of calvados?
    The apple brandy?
    Who You Are and How You Are..... is everything

Go cafefully with peace in your heart, love in your eyes and laughter on your tongue and if you meet someone without a smile give them one of yours....

25. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by olgraybear (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    The apple brandy?
    yes - strictly speaking, cider brandy

26. Link to Post #38
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,734 times in 1,428 posts

Sounds just the same as kombucha to me, which I make and take regularly. Over a 4-6 week period a two-daily dose can fill you with vigour. It works holistically, getting the whole body back into alignment. What is good about kombucha is that you make it yourself with your own ingredients, although you have to get a 'starter'. I won't write any more about kombucha as it deserves its own thread.

What about other remedies? I heard that wheatgrass and mussel algae are superb but yuk - felt like throwing up afterwards

27. Link to Post #39
    Denmark Avalon Member Heart-2-Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

An apple a day ..will keep the doctor away...yes if you can hit him ..with the apple...
    H2H

28. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you, D-Day, for this useful information on apple cider vinegar. I have taken shots of it mixed with cayenne pepper for years now as an expectorant and have managed to avoid anti-biotic use during upper respiratory infections. However, I didn't realize some of the other benefits posted. Thanks, again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast