+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True Fear

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default True Fear

It is strange but I know what true fear feels like since I was very, very young... and no, I was not abused or anything else along those lines, in fact I have had a good life. So I find it strange that I know what true fear is, yet I have never experienced it. If I had to describe it is like wanting to scream and trying to scream but nothing is coming out. Wanting to move, to run but I cannot move my legs I am so frightened that I cannot move, the feeling utterly paralyzes me. And the dread that comes over me and the sense of utter helplessness and maybe the feeling that something terrible is just about to happen.

Do not misunderstand me, I am very normal-ish type of guy , but this question had always puzzled me, why do I know this feeling? I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linz2d For This Post:

Budaheart (22nd February 2011), pilotsimone (22nd February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

Default Re: True Fear

Quote Posted by linz2d (here)
    It is strange but I know what true fear feels like since I was very, very young... and no, I was not abused or anything else along those lines, in fact I have had a good life. So I find it strange that I know what true fear is, yet I have never experienced it. If I had to describe it is like wanting to scream and trying to scream but nothing is coming out. Wanting to move, to run but I cannot move my legs I am so frightened that I cannot move, the feeling utterly paralyzes me. And the dread that comes over me and the sense of utter helplessness and maybe the feeling that something terrible is just about to happen.

Do not misunderstand me, I am very normal-ish type of guy , but this question had always puzzled me, why do I know this feeling? I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar?
    you may have experienced this in a dream. i know that i have had many dreams where there is a definite feeling of fear and not being able to get away or scream for help. or perhaps from another life time.
    warmest regards, corson

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Budaheart (22nd February 2011), linz2d (22nd February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Deactivated
    Thanks

Linz2

I find your words confusing. How can you be sure you know what true fear is if on the other hand you say you have not experienced it?
    trying to make some sense around that statement, would it be that you have experience a deep sense of fear BUT cannot track a logical reason for experiencing it?
    In other words, I ask you, is it what is missing and what puzzles you is that you dont have a conscious reason for why you have experienced this feeling?

Obviously you must have experienced it or else, your post could well mean that you´ve read a book where a great writer described in such a way what deep or true fear is, and you used your imagination to construct within you an image of what would that be like...somehow, the writing would elicit in you a fearful response and there is your experience of it.

Maybe you can clarify this and maybe there is more to share in the light of the new information you will communicate?

Hugs
    Barbara

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Budaheart For This Post:

linz2d (22nd February 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by linz2d (here)

Used to get these type of "waking" dreams when I was young,lasted a couple of years.Always had a dark figure hovering around as well, and could not move a muscle or make a sound for what seemed like ages.

Namaste

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,626 times in 854 posts

Fear is a constuktion of mind !
    Often to prevent not so plesant experiences, that might happen to self or others.
    Or created after in cenareos that could have been.

All Love

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 15:45.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

corson I cannot deny that it could have been a dream because it does feel like a vague memory and so there is a strong possibility, but I find it extremely surprising that a dream could have had such a long lasting effect on me to this day. So Budaheart I could say that I have never experienced it in conscious state but I definitely know the feeling.
    I once came very close to having a one on one conversation with a bus, but the fear of getting hit was nothing like this. It is very much on the lines with which Wiley and pilotsimone experienced. I have not had many nightmares since my early teens, in fact I am lucky if I have more than one bad dream a year, and that is usually never frightening.

Well thank you all for your answers.

14. Link to Post #8
    Australia Deactivated
    Thanks

Linz2d, thanks for clarifying...
    So your question is: Why do I know this feeling?

Well, if you haven´t imagined it, which you seem to say you haven´t...then somehow you have experienced it?...
    then the question would be: when?...under what circumstances? in this life? Other lifes? In a trance state? An Abduction?...when?
    is it really yours as a result of an event that you actually lived whenever or is it a prefabricated fear, a sort of hypnotic induction for you to think you had experienced it and you didnt..?
    Is it a fear that is lodged in your body? Your mind? Your DNA? Is it in the memory bank of your ancestors? Fear from the time you were born? It must be frightening to go through the birth canal if you are deeply identified with the physical body of the baby...are you deeply empath and you are feeling an archetypical fear of the collective unconscious? are you tuning into some morphogenic field? some logismoi (powerful thought form of fear)? Are you sensing someone else´s fear? or is it fear emanating from the earth?

Try to know the why´s can be a big one specially if its so unconscious...have you considered maybe trying some sort of regressive hypnosis to see if you track it down?

Also, are you wanting to resolve the fear, heal it or do something other than knowing its cause?...
    if so...have you tried sitting with the fear and being present to see how does this emotion shifts?
    Where do you feel it in your body can you locate it physically in any place of your body?....if so, doing some energy work there would perhaps help to remove the possible blockage in the area...(if you are not into healing, your hands are healing hands and with the intention to bring about relief and a shift of the fear and dissolution of the blockage would help)

Some ideas,
    hugs
    Barbara

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

lindz2nd, you may benefit from some hypnotic regression to see if this is from a previous life where you suffered a tramatic experiance or may have been while in your moms womb. Have you spoken with your mom about her term with you. Just a thought. Best to you.
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

16. Link to Post #10
    Botswana Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,208 times in 1,243 posts

FEAR IS AN AMAZING THING....When you first entered this world you would have been disadvantaged if you remembered who you really are and what powers you have. So, we hide our powers.... where we will not find them easily. And where do you hide things that you do not want to find easily? In places where you are afraid to look. Your powers are hidden where you are afraid to look. Your powers are hidden in your fears. It is called arrested development. It is the way of the negative force on the planet. Its duty is to arrest the spiritual unfoldments of Soul and it is your duty to find your way back to your soul, your divine self.

Amazing. When you look at your fears, you will discover your hidden powers. Fear is an illusion. It scatters and disperses ones energies. We have to learn to control ourselves and not be controlled by matter or illusions. Anyone who is afraid will never be able to control himself or find his true powers. Looking into the depths of our own fears, right at the bottom, we find our power hidden and the fear dissolves. It is when we look deeply into ourselves and see our true divine nature we need not be afraid because the opposite to fear is love. The trick is to
    love your fears.
    Last edited by loveandgratitude; 23rd February 2011 at 00:33.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to loveandgratitude For This Post:

ace (23rd February 2011), Anchor (23rd February 2011), linz2d (23rd February 2011), pilotsimone (23rd February 2011)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 10:06.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

Anchor (23rd February 2011)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Budaheart It could be past life experience or a dream. Saying that though I have seen evidence that some children remember their past lives and many of those have reported how they died, in some cases the birthmarks they have today link with trauma inflicted on them in a past life just before death. In that study, name, dates and places were given by the children and that researchers where able to find medical records which corroborate the story, In my gut though I have always believed in the concept since I young, which is strange coming from a Christian upbringing. Well you have given me much to think about but I doubt I will go under hypnosis, however I may take a slightly different approach. loveandgratitude what you say rings true, it is the application which will be the challenge because I will have to determine where this fear has came from in the first place.

PHARAOH thank you for the advice, here is a funny coincidence in the way you have written my name lindz2nd vs linz2d. My screen name is composed of two parts linz and 2d(two dimensional) but I am also lindz the 2nd in my family.
    Last edited by linz2d; 23rd February 2011 at 11:41.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to linz2d For This Post:

Budaheart (23rd February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread