+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats going to kill us (or not)

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Whats going to kill us (or not)

Quote Posted by Gestalt (here)
    It is my understanding the most electric utilities are more or less prepared for CME's. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    I have only checked germany - and NOTHING is done towards that end of which a low to medium level utility exec would know about.
    german cables in cities are underground, they may live longer, it all depends on thrength and intensity of the magnetic flux, the shape of the earth mag field and a couple of other things.
    but if that 1857 thing happens today, with the mag field so low, my guess is we are all without electricity for a long time (decades possibly).

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)
    21) Simon Cowell (a reptiloid from the planet Arrghh if ever there was one) reduces the total humanoid IQ of the planet below 100 billion (yes I'm including all primates here) through increased viewing audiences for Pop Idol and ***'s got talent. Thereby nullifying our eligibilty for our sentient development aid grant from the galactic benefit council. At this point, we will be demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass..
    IN fact, extinction due to stupidity - havnt thought of that. why not? must be too friggin' stupid ...
    but then, we can always RESONATE with the truth if we cant THINK of it .. or so the saying goes here in the forum.
    dammit, I must have been on sick leave when we had THAT in school.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Kulapops (here)
    You have missed one actually, the Mega-Tsunami, this is actually created by a large amount of debris falling into the sea, from a volcanic eruption, this sets up an enormous wall of water that will travel across the sea to the eastern seaboard of the USA and swamp everything. This is also overdue I understand. Some talk of Atlantis disappearing round about the time of the last one. I'm sure there will be articles on it on the internet somewhere.

no, I havnt, it just wasnt bad enough to make it to my list. after all its a local event - only certain areas are hit and possibly only the cities we always wanted to get rid off (kidding of course!!)

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by samvado (here)
    no, I havnt, it just wasnt bad enough to make it to my list. after all its a local event - only certain areas are hit and possibly only the cities we always wanted to get rid off (kidding of course!!)
    Well, the way they described it on the documentary I saw was that it wasn't just a local event. It's local where it starts of course. Repeat it's not a Tsunami, it's a Mega-Tsumami. Several million tons of rubble go in the sea one end, and a large part of the planet goes under a rather big wave. Can't remember the height, but it was silly.

Lots of fun. The only way to prepare for that one is to buy the biggest surfboard you can find.

I actually think this is a great thread Sam... don't know if it's your intention to point this out, but mostly people talk about, or concentrate on a given scenario as if it's the only one and what they would do about that particular scenario, as if that is the scenario that is going to happen. Course, when you see a great big list like that, you cannot take them all seriously.. but logically this begs the reasoning, if one is going to favour some not happening.. because we think those are less likely (compared to the other twenty) - then why count them as so real when they are stand alone ? Hmmm... my favourite reason is that the disaster scenario is systemic of the human psyche. So we are not going to escape them, but it doesn't make them real either.

I think your big list puts that into context. Thank you.

K

...and furthermore... was nicht toetet, haertet ab !
    Last edited by Kulapops; 27th April 2010 at 23:26.

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

I have only checked germany - and NOTHING is done towards that end of which a low to medium level utility exec would know about.
    german cables in cities are underground, they may live longer, it all depends on thrength and intensity of the magnetic flux, the shape of the earth mag field and a couple of other things.
    but if that 1857 thing happens today, with the mag field so low, my guess is we are all without electricity for a long time (decades possibly).
    Having my background in electrical engineering, specifically in grid design and relay protection I am having a hard time seeing why you are so concerned. Massive lightning bolts hit power lines and utilities all the time, and those are huge in-fluxes of electrons and yet everything keeps on operating. Relay protection responds and can disconnect connections between power lines in milliseconds, preventing system wide failure. Grid protection from surges is some of the most advanced electronic equipment in the world. Having personally programmed and worked with Schweizer (German engineered) relays, I can say Germans design some of the best grid protection systems in the world.
    "Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity." ~Pleiadians
    My Website - Gestalt Reality

5. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

I also worked on lighnting protection in masthead units for telecoms. A simple gas discharge tube protects the circuits inside the unit from huge (kV) discharges coming up the cable into the unit, during a LIGHTNING strike. Not only that, but the placement of the electronics within the tower (usually within the metal frame rather than poking out on the extremities further shields the devices, along with correct earthing of the mast at the four corners and the centre, generally.

This proects against raises in the the localised earth of at least something like 20kV. Don't forget that is an induced voltage in the cable, not the rating of the lightning, which would be many times higher to induce such a raise.

If this is the trouble we go to to protect simple communications devices, I can well believe that the safety measures for power lines are at least of a similar nature.

K.

6. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,394 times in 409 posts

so far...seperate incidents

bike, broken neck
    Boat, broken back
    30 foot fall onto steel girder
    20ft fall of chainsaw onto head whilst standing undertree
    Headon car accident at 120mph impact, (not my fault)

So ive had plenty of lives from where I stand, whatever happens bring it on I say Im over it, in a good way

7. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ross (here)

bike, broken neck
    Boat, broken back

So ive had plenty of lives from where I stand, whatever happens bring it on I say Im over it, in a good way
    your a cat with 9 lives ross!!!!
    love m

8. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Retired Member Vidya Moksha's Avatar
    Thanks

I watched the yellowstone eruption video below, interesting.
    Maybe we will kill ourselves with all this attention to disaster, 2012 etc earth changes.
    we put so much effort into these topics
    what we dream comes true.
    what we give energy to, manifests

this forum is especially bad at it....

make you wonder doesnt it?

9. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 times in 597 posts

Quote Posted by Vidya Moksha (here)
    I watched the yellowstone eruption video below, interesting.
    Maybe we will kill ourselves with all this attention to disaster, 2012 etc earth changes.
    we put so much effort into these topics
    what we dream comes true.
    what we give energy to, manifests

this forum is especially bad at it....

make you wonder doesnt it?
    It does make one wonder, and my take is: I do think it is true that for the most part where thought flows manifestation follows, but this is not an absolute. It all is related to energy, and there are many different streams of energy in our planet, solar system and universe that seem to have their own movement regardless of our personal energies. If a volcano blows on a 26000 year cycle it will blow with or without the inhabitants fearing it ,as it has done so throughout time. Chaos happens! What we create out of the chaos is where we come in.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

10. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Having my background in electrical engineering, specifically in grid design and relay protection I am having a hard time seeing why you are so concerned.
    Thats why - considering nasa is likely conservative they are saying a lot here IMO.

11. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

How about:
    - World War III
    - slow death by running out of a critical resource
    - slow death by poisoning the environment / ecosystem collapse
    Exactly what is it about that current situation that you want to remain the same?

12. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Slow death, by living to be 130

:0)

K

13. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Fredkc's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 times in 386 posts

Quote Posted by Ross (here)

bike, broken neck
    Boat, broken back
    Ross; well you did make a good case for wife and I putting off that visit to Australia.
    Seems anywhere on the same continent as you, is WAY too close!

Fred
    Life IS mystical. It's just that we're used to it.
    "Life is its own answer." - Ray Bradbury

14. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Vanity
    Egotistic tendencies to prove one is right
    Hate and self hate
    Limitation
    Justifiation of falsities
    I could go on

15. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Thats why - considering nasa is likely conservative they are saying a lot here IMO.
    I read that link, and the ones linked at the bottom, and I still don't see anything concrete to be concerned about.
    And I have been scouring the internet looking for ANYTHING to validate your extreme concerns and I keep coming up empty. Got anything else?

Oh and you could add Peak Oil scenario leading to complete economic meltdown and collapse to your list of things that could kill us.
    Lots of people concerned about that. Something I have looked into quite a bit as well.
    "Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity." ~Pleiadians

16. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I read that link, and the ones linked at the bottom, and I still don't see anything concrete to be concerned about.
    And I have been scouring the internet looking for ANYTHING to validate your extreme concerns and I keep coming up empty. Got anything else?

Oh and you could add Peak Oil scenario leading to complete economic meltdown and collapse to your list of things that could kill us.
    Lots of people concerned about that. Something I have looked into quite a bit as well.
    melting overland lines dont concern you?
    IMO peak oil is a fraud, we have free energy and a lot of different versions at that.

17. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

melting overland lines dont concern you?
    Where did you read that?

Quote IMO peak oil is a fraud, we have free energy and a lot of different versions at that.
    Oh and is your home and car powered by free energy?

18. Link to Post #38
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Where did you read that?
    somewhere deep in this thread explained by bashi who is quite an expert on this.

Quote Oh and is your home and car powered by free energy?
    no, but its around, although still suppressed. it was one of my favorite themes in the 90s. check the swiss testatica, you can go and visit.
    but many others also work.

19. Link to Post #39
    Cambodia Avalon Member ExHaLaTiON's Avatar
    Thanks

you can never kill the illusion, its just like a clock. time will never stop.........
    Is it your true self talking? Or is it your programmed self? Why do you spend hard earned money to look a certain way? Seriously. What made you think you have to look the way you look? Or sound the way you sound? People are self conscious because we've been trained that way. Perfect little consumers. Pets. Domesticated humans

20. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

I have to wind up my clock on the mantelpiece every three days... it often stops. In fact, right now it says 6:15 ... it's said that for days....

Right now, in my lounge, it's a quarter past six.

Who are we to say that it isn't a quarter past six in the reality of my lounge? It could also be a squiddle past bung. Who knows?

K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast