Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: ** Avalon Old-Timers Thread (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)**

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

Default Re: ** Avalon Old-Timers Thread (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)**

Quote Posted by Hiram (here)
    I'll start us off on the right foot...since it's my lounge:

Ole-Timers, What is it that you think makes Avalon different from other forums on the web??
    (sub-question: How do we keep that going?)
    Post update--------Swami Wrote:

Small idea trhat popped up....

I used to roam around in the SOHO databases searching for those things they forgot to add out...
    Along the way other people start doing it and I quit...
    Maybe we can organise some groups within Avalon searching for that stuff...
    Lets say a couple go for the Mars material, others go for Moon material, Sun material etc.......

What about that idea....?
    Lets organise this place a bit, divide some tasks...
    Its pretty hard these days to keep up with all the reading and I truly miss the planet-/sunstuff.....
    Last edited by Hiram; 23rd February 2011 at 18:38.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), sepia (24th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Organization seems to be a theme at avalon of late...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

Quote Posted by Céline (here)
    Spring is in the air............

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swami For This Post:

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

I need to hear from the other ole hands....they are out there just lurking at the moment. But I see em.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

9. Link to Post #25
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

I think you better talk louder...

theire hearing aids must be turned down...

lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Celine For This Post:

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Okay, another old-timer here...just let me sit down as my sciatica is acting up again......so are we talking about doin' some spring cleaning?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenYears For This Post:

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 times in 412 posts

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

Bald (25th February 2011), Belle (23rd February 2011), Beth (23rd February 2011), Calz (24th February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), Gardener (23rd February 2011), GoldenYears (23rd February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (26th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
    Last edited by heyokah; 23rd February 2011 at 19:21.

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

You guys are making me laugh!!!

.....Ole hands....ole-Timers. I just mean people who have been around here since the beginning, NOT necessarily physically old. Though they are welcome of course.

(Cracking up at the video above)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

18. Link to Post #30
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Last edited by heyokah; 24th February 2011 at 07:01. Reason: deleted by me : )

19. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

Well, I love the thread here for old-timers, newcomers, the senile, the weak and the blessed Grandmothers. Let me say hello, and invite you to become my friend. I am ancient yet rather new. I have a trigger finger on the "thank" button. Cats, small children, and most pets love me, my children do not write anymore. I'm not so sure about the rest of the planet but send out love, love, love anyway, just in case, there is a need for it and also because it's my JOB. I've never been busier than since I've retired and I work under a slave-driving boss ~ myself.

Hope to see more of you and I will toddle on out now because I just finished writing something in an "intent" thread and ended up talking about "Truth" instead. One of the things about being a Great-Grandmother is that even tho we can reverse aging, it doesn't happen overnight and until then, we tend to wander about a bit. I will get this right, of that, I have no doubt but ask for your patience while finding my way around the boards and mumbling off topic occasionally.

Well, then. I've arrived in just the nick of time ~ hopefully to help out with organizational matters ~ NOT.

Sweet Golden Years: Spring Cleaning? Please wake me when it's over. We got a new foot of snow last night, I am tucked under my electric blanket and there is not even a tinsy peek of Spring around the place. Please keep talking about it's arrival, it's like a lullaby to my ears except for the cleaning and you can count me out as my house is immaculate : )

Be thought a fool or speak and remove all doubt? ~ I vote for speaking ~ all fools recognize each other anyway, so it's not like it's a big secret. Doubt and boredom are the greatest killers of spirit. So by all means, remove all doubt. And now it is time for my nap.
    Love you! xoxoxox
    Last edited by Darla Ken Pearce; 23rd February 2011 at 19:39.
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

angellight (23rd February 2011), Bald (25th February 2011), Belle (23rd February 2011), GoldenYears (23rd February 2011), Heather2017 (7th March 2011), heyokah (23rd February 2011), Hiram (23rd February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011), karelia (23rd February 2011), Ki's (23rd February 2011), ViralSpiral (23rd February 2011)

21. Link to Post #32
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

I suppose I am an old hand but defer to those who have been around for years. What first attracted me to this place was the intelligent and rich discussion on a broad range of subjects and what added to the high vibe for me was the obviously high level at which so many people were coming at the subject matter in terms of moral integrity, spiritual and intellectual development. Real contributions were made with a sense of humor and a gentle touch. That is what is of value to me here. Whoever/whatever brings things of value to the table that increases our collective knowledge and enhances our development is welcome as far as I am concerned.

I found this quote from Hermann Hesse's GLASS BEAD GAME that is I believe, an exemplary goal to aspire to in this Forum:

"People know, or dimly feel, that if thinking is not kept pure and keen, and if respect for the world of the mind is no longer operative, ships and automobiles will no longer run right, the engineer's slide rule and the computations of banks and stock exchanges will forfeit validity and authority and chaos will ensue. It took long enough in all conscience for realization to come that the externals of civilization -technology, industry, commerce and so on also require common basis of intellectual honesty and morality."
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 26th February 2011 at 04:12.

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

Bald (25th February 2011), Belle (23rd February 2011), Calz (24th February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), Gardener (23rd February 2011), Heather2017 (7th March 2011), Hiram (23rd February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (26th February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011), karelia (23rd February 2011), LeeEllisMusic (25th February 2011), Mandala (26th February 2011), Rocky_Shorz (23rd February 2011), Swami (23rd February 2011), vipersocks (26th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

Well, then. I've arrived in just the nick of time ~ hopefully to help out with organizational matters ~ NOT. xoxox
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    I suppose I am an old hand but defer to those who have been around for years. What first attracted me to this place was the intelligent and rich discussion on a broad range of subjects and what added to the high vibe for me was the obviously high level at which so many people were coming at the subject matter in terms of moral integrity, spiritual development, and intellectual development. Real contributions were made with a sense of humor and a gentle touch. That is what is of value to me here. Whoever/whatever brings things of value to the table that increases our collective knowledge and enhances our development is welcome as far as I am concerned.
    (Hiram sighs in satisfaction and puffs his pipe in silence)

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hiram For This Post:

Ahkenaten (23rd February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (26th February 2011)

26. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a thread that will help us all keep this place tidy (and create less work for me )

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...st-suggestion!

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Beth For This Post:

Ahkenaten (23rd February 2011), Creative Lorraine (23rd February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), Gaia (24th February 2011), Hiram (23rd February 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (26th February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011), sepia (24th February 2011)

28. Link to Post #36
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

Live for the moments you can't put into words
    Last edited by SKIBADABOMSKI; 24th February 2011 at 04:31.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

30. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Swami (here)
    Quote Posted by ViralSpiral (here)
    and I say: Hiram & Swami, get a room! Oh, this already is a room. Sorry

As a "noob" to this, or any other similar forum, I extend my heartfelt thanks for the welcome I have received. As I assume (and we do know what that can result in) that this thread is as a result of the many old-timers feeling as though a tsunami hit tranquil shores. I think it goes with the proverbial territory. It is sad to see stalwarts disgruntled. What I would prefer, is that they just step back a little, and observe. Keyboard warrios will either tire or get "unsubscribed" (*gasp*)

I have learnt SO much in the little time since I started here (although I too have been observing). A prefect mirror. Reflecting both good and bad. As for offering suggestions, I have no comparison, so am happy with what is already here......

Thank you for "listening"
    Why have you, and many other youngsters, waited so long to step on the train....?
    Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who consider yourselves old timers. To me you are all young at heart. You have shared your love, knowledge, opinions, insights and given unselfishly of your time. You have been my teachers and many of you have become my friends. I am indeed grateful to you all.

For myself, I tend not to post unless I feel I have something important to share that is new to a thread. Usually, the high points in a thread get covered before I get a chance to post so, I just give my thanks to the posts that resonate with me. Didn't jump on the train until I felt like I had something of import to share.

Blessings, Angellight

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to angellight For This Post:

Belle (23rd February 2011), Celine (23rd February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011), Heather2017 (7th March 2011), heyokah (23rd February 2011), Hiram (23rd February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011), Kindling (23rd February 2011), Pamela (23rd February 2011), Rocky_Shorz (23rd February 2011), sepia (24th February 2011), SKIBADABOMSKI (23rd February 2011), Swami (23rd February 2011)

32. Link to Post #38
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Glad you choose our station Angellight

HI...*smiles warmly*

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

angellight (23rd February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (23rd February 2011)

34. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Hi guys, I'm still here although I do not post much. I am normally busy researching stuff and sharing stuff on my facebook wall. (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=565591049) There is so much going on in the world, so much happening I can't keep up. I appreciate the Avalon forum, but have to admit that I have not been coming here that much recently.
    My brain needs a rest sometimes, there is just so much info out there.
    I'm really thinking that planet X might be the reason for everything that is going on in the world at present, I do have different theories every week, but I'm still searching and learning.
    Does anyone else have a clue whats going on and why?

love Matty.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smat For This Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (26th February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011)

36. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 times in 912 posts

Hiram , just because you asked friend. ...one more time for the sake of good friends ...
    I was following Avalon from 2008, then joined because I felt the urge from spirit to come and Karen was so nice to welcome me then.
    (does anyone knows her e-mail???),finally I started my journey in September of 2009 and later here on this Avalon.

Farewell again and may God bless you all dear souls! May this wonderful song from David Coverdale cheer you all ...

Love, love - and see what happens

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Beren For This Post:

Astra (23rd February 2011), Belle (23rd February 2011), Budaheart (24th February 2011), Hiram (23rd February 2011), InCiDeR (23rd February 2011), Rocky_Shorz (23rd February 2011), sepia (24th February 2011), witchy1 (24th February 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast