Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default Wikileaks update (and "beyond")

I found this interesting ... particularly coming from CNN:

Anonymous vows to take leaking to the next level

Full story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...ous/index.html

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

aroundthetable (14th March 2011), Gaia (24th February 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), jackovesk (24th February 2011), king anthony (24th February 2011), moais (24th February 2011), ponda (24th February 2011), Ruby L. (24th February 2011), Rufs (18th March 2011), sheddie (24th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Default Re: Wikileaks update (and "beyond")

Mainstream media reporting on independent media!?

Interesting
    Last edited by king anthony; 24th February 2011 at 05:31.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2011), Fred259 (5th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Thanks for that Calz

So it looks like if they put the squeeze on Wiki then two more will pop up in its place.Interesting times ahead

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ponda For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2011), Gardener (14th March 2011), nearing (6th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks

YOU DON'T MESS WITH ANONYMOUS...

Julian assange is done for...
    which other will rise to his place? or will anonymous take the chance and steal back his internet and freedom?
    lol...

8. Link to Post #5
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

I just saw a ''news break'' and it seems a judge has ordered Assange to be extradited to Sweden.

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

The reason why Wikileaks seems like such a new idea is because we've become so used to having weak news media which is obsessed with trivia and celebrity and doesn't dare do anything which might make their government or sponsors uncomfortable. If the news media actually did journalism them we wouldn't need Wikileaks.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2011), crosby (24th February 2011), Fred259 (5th March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (24th February 2011), K626 (24th February 2011), seko (24th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

Thanks for the article, Calz_Avaretard -- very interesting read and, like King Anthony noted, interesting that CNN would report it...

Thanks, too, Lord Sidious, for the news update. My fingers ran to check the news right after I read your post. Crud! Poor bugger!

Zook will definitely puke, but I, for one, stand behind Assange for all he's done and is trying to do. In fact, I throw petals at his feet… though from the sounds of it, it'd help more if it were cash.

I do remember that in December, Assange had put out an ecrypted file for people worldwide to download-- an insurance policy were anything to happen to him. In the case that it did, a key code would be distributed to unlock the files and *presto!*, a whole lotta discriminating info is likely to appear…. far more embarrassing stuff than that of Hilary putting out orders to get passwords of U.N. members' email accounts (illegal), or Gaddafi having a buxom, blonde nurse (illicit).

Be very careful, helluminated ones… Be very, very careful.

I'm sure everyone's seen this-- but please, indulge me. It's genial!

(Rap News: The Juice Media.com)
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 24th February 2011 at 15:07.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2011), Lord Sidious (24th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I just saw a ''news break'' and it seems a judge has ordered Assange to be extradited to Sweden.
    Yep. He will have to face the (most likely) bogus charges there.

The real story is that *from there* he will get extradited to the states imho ... guess we will find out.

Time to pass the torch to ANONYMOUS it would seem.

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,868 times in 752 posts

I agree with Gaia but because the main stream media is part of TPTB we need wikileaks or anonymous. We need people to get the truth out and not being afraid of tell in it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to seko For This Post:

Gaia (24th February 2011)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    The reason why Wikileaks seems like such a new idea is because we've become so used to having weak news media which is obsessed with trivia and celebrity and doesn't dare do anything which might make their government or sponsors uncomfortable. If the news media actually did journalism them we wouldn't need Wikileaks.
    Good point, well made. Big business and advertising funding has done for the manistream news and current events I'm afraid. Pretty much all of it is agenda setting for the elites.

cheers

k
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to K626 For This Post:

Gaia (24th February 2011)

18. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    Good point, well made. Big business and advertising funding has done for the manistream news and current events I'm afraid. Pretty much all of it is agenda setting for the elites.

cheers

k
    Most of the main media is owned by big business, and are more likely to ignore or cover up its shortcomings, to put it mildly.
    Consequently, the msn (in the main) reputation has suffered, and deservedly so. There are other examples too: The swine flu hysteria promoted by the msn, climate change, the financial crisis, have largely been given a free pass, and not searching and detailed exposure to get the truth out, which has been left to the alternative or nascent media.

News is mostly a commodity, and unless it is exclusive or of a very high standard of journalism, with truth as its spine if not body, won't attract payment$$$$

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (13th March 2011)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

cheers

k
    Most of the main media is owned by big business, and are more likely to ignore or cover up its shortcomings, to put it mildly.
    Consequently, the msn (in the main) reputation has suffered, and deservedly so. There are other examples too: The swine flu hysteria promoted by the msn, climate change, the financial crisis, have largely been given a free pass, and not searching and detailed exposure to get the truth out, which has been left to the alternative or nascent media.

News is mostly a commodity, and unless it is exclusive or of a very high standard of journalism, with truth as its spine if not body, won't attract payment$$$$
    Interesting points. I happen to think the paradigm now either DOES NOT include the truth or spins the truth to supplant a view that supports whatever power structure or body is involved ie Banking news is watered down so as not to affect the stock market and so as not to give the populous as a whole the tools to join the dots.

Over recent years I've also noticed the role played by celebraties, the Hollywood system and others of this ilk in promoting a non-thinking 'wow' agenda. Many multi layered distractions and time eating entertainment are now part of 'the news' and the news or great chunks of it is now hardly often distinguishable from 'entertainment'.

cheers

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Gaia wrote (among other good points):

Quote Most of the main media is owned by big business, and are more likely to ignore or cover up its shortcomings, to put it mildly.

Yep ... top 6 or 7 media outlets all controlled by the elite.

Journalists need not apply.

Like a machine the elite use their money well. News reporters and politicians have become of the same ilk ... paid to read teleprompters and look/sound good. Nothing else.

But alas ... there seems to be change in the air ... and I expect (as Bill points out) why we signed up for this little stint on the planet
    Last edited by Calz; 24th February 2011 at 16:26. Reason: typo

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (13th March 2011), Gaia (24th February 2011), K626 (24th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Personally I believe that the Wikileaks phenomena is the way forward. I sense that virutual platforms that intercept and subvert the main voice (mass media) is the way. That alternative and often more correct/independant info can be seeded across the discourse.

Christ! I'm not even sure what that means.

cheers

K
    Alan Watt

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

Calz (24th February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (13th March 2011), Gaia (24th February 2011)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Personally I believe that the Wikileaks phenomena is the way forward. I sense that virutual platforms that intercept and subvert the main voice (mass media) is the way. That alternative and often more correct/independant info can be seeded across the discourse.

cheers

K

and why they have the "kill switch" for the internet (or more appropriately ... filtered selections of websites since the corporations need their cash).

If you want to "look forward" how about taking several steps and we evolve into a species that joins most of the rest of the Universe that (allegedly) has telepathy???

No newspapers needed there I expect

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (13th March 2011), Gaia (24th February 2011), Lord Sidious (24th February 2011)

27. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Calz_Avaretard (here)

cheers

K

and why they have the "kill switch" for the internet (or more appropriately ... filtered selections of websites since the corporations need their cash).

If you want to "look forward" how about taking several steps and we evolve into a species that joins most of the rest of the Universe that (allegedly) has telepathy???

No newspapers needed there I expect
    Twenty years ago, it may have been possible to "shut down" the Internet. Today, the damage done to the economy would dwarf any potential cyberthreat.

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Found this on redicecreations ... "Top Story: Stephen Colbert *IS* Anonymous?"

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=14389

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Calz For This Post:

30. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fred259's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 times in 509 posts

Be Careful folks, Assange and Wickileaks are controlled by Rothschild,

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...iversity-Union)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred259 For This Post:

32. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Lightbulb Re: Wikileaks update (and "beyond")

it is good to see someone in government speak their truth

Wikileaks row: US spokesman Crowley quits over gaffe

Mr Crowley later added that his remarks were his own opinion

13 March 2011 Last updated at 14:28 ET

US state department spokesman PJ Crowley has resigned after calling the treatment of the man accused of leaking secret cables to Wikileaks "stupid".

He said he was taking responsibility for the impact of his remarks about Bradley Manning.

Private Manning is being held in solitary confinement at a maximum security US military jail.

He has been on suicide watch at the Quantico marine base in Virginia and is shackled at all times.

He faces 34 charges relating to the leaking of 720,000 diplomatic and military documents.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she accepted Mr Crowley's resignation "with regret".

She said he had served his nation "with distinction", "motivated by a deep devotion to public policy and public diplomacy".

'Ridiculous'

Mr Crowley was speaking to an audience at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology about new media and foreign policy when he made the controversial remarks.

He was asked by a participant about the "the elephant in the room" - Wikileaks - and, in the questioner's words, "torturing a prisoner in a military brig".

"I spent 26 years in the air force," Mr Crowley reportedly replied.

"What is happening to Manning is ridiculous, counterproductive and stupid, and I don't know why the DoD [Department of Defense] is doing it. Nevertheless, Manning is in the right place."

He said his comments were on the record, though he later added that they were his own opinion.

In his resignation letter he said: "Given the impact of my remarks, for which I take full responsibility, I have submitted my resignation."

His remarks were revealed in a blog by the BBC's Philippa Thomas, who attended the event.

President Barack Obama later insisted he had received assurances that the terms of Pte Manning's confinement were "appropriate".

Earlier this year, rights organisation Amnesty International expressed concern about the conditions in which Mr Manning was being held.

It said he had been held "for 23 hours a day in a sparsely furnished solitary cell and deprived of a pillow, sheets, and personal possessions since July 2010".

He was also reportedly forced to disrobe on a daily basis.

Source;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12728315

33. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,152 times in 2,815 posts

Mr Crowley thank you

At last someone with balls

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast