+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Rubber Stamp' - Full Julian Assange speech after Extradition Ruling...

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default 'Rubber Stamp' - Full Julian Assange speech after Extradition Ruling...

The founder of the whistleblowing website Wikileaks, Julian Assange, will be sent to Sweden to face sex crime charges. A London Court has just ruled that Stockholm's extradition bid has been successful. Lawyers for Assange have a week to appeal Thursday's decision. Speaking to reporters outside the court in London, Assange said he would appeal the ruling and criticised the European arrest warrant system. He described the ruling as a "rubber stamping process that comes as no surprise but is none the less wrong".
    Last edited by jackovesk; 25th February 2011 at 04:02.

2. Link to Post #2
    Borden

Default Re: 'Rubber Stamp' - Full Julian Assange speech after Extradition Ruling...

Does this mean he's going to release those files all at once? Isn't that what he said he'd do if arrested?

The whole business about his charges seems pretty dubious.

Borden.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Cottage Rose (28th February 2011)

4. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

Default Re: 'Rubber Stamp' - Full Julian Assange speech after Extradition Ruling...

he'll release the encryption key

5. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

i sure hope so..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

7. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member Open your eyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Encryption key? Could you explain further please bluestflame?

Cheers . Alex.

8. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

zip files were distributed with encrypted files , key decrypts

9. Link to Post #7
    France Avalon Member buckminster fuller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 times in 475 posts

Quote Posted by bluestflame (here)
    would you happen to have those zipped files..?

10. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

He makes some excellent points in his speech. The EU arrest warrant is despotic. I hope that his shedding some light on it will add weight to the voices for reform. It is unacceptable that someone's life can be disrupted and endangered in this way, on the basis of a form filled in by a beaurocrat, no questions asked.

The EU arrest warrant undermines UK habeus corpus law. It's a very serious issue.

http://www.tfa.net/the_freedom_assoc...corpus.html#tp

In his place I would hang onto the encryption key right now, as part of leverage against being deported to US.
    Last edited by aikya; 25th February 2011 at 14:07.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aikya For This Post:

astrid (27th February 2011), jackovesk (27th February 2011), ponda (25th February 2011)

12. Link to Post #9
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Open your eyes (here)

Cheers . Alex.
    NOTE: John Pilger openly states that part of the 'Wikileaks Insurance File' as told to him personally by Julian Assange contains damaging information on Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation!

13. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

I'm ashamed at this moment to be English. This descision is nothing more than the politicisation of the judicial system as was the way in the old Eastarn block and it is categorically the victimisation of Assange. I hope to God when he does get to Sweden (and they also have their problems regarding legal fair play - sweden of all places), that everybody there who can helps him and hightlights the nonsense that this case is. Nothing more than sending out a message to not mess with the secret systems of Govt and the mahcinasations of the elites.

America using its politican and economic might to cower the English once again. Sad business. But mark my words this is only the beginning.

K
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

aikya (25th February 2011), Cottage Rose (28th February 2011), Gaia (25th February 2011), jackovesk (25th February 2011), write4change (27th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Quote Posted by Open your eyes (here)

Cheers . Alex.
    NOTE: John Pilger openly states that part of the 'Wikileaks Insurance File' as told to him personally by Julian Assange contains damaging information on Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation!
    Wow. That's intriguing. Any info which could blow a hole in the veneer of plausibility of the MSM, and Murdoch's evil part in informaton censor, would be great.

If only there was a chink in the MSM, and truth could be reported, things could change very quickly.

To any MSM actors reading this - please be aware that your willingness to submit to the control of the truth censors makes you liable for much of what is happening in the world today.
    You have blood on your hands. Time to wash it off and polish up your conscience - and stand up and for truth and the rights of the sovreign citizens of this world...OUR world.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to aikya For This Post:

jackovesk (25th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

For sure, the encryption key is Assange's ultimate bargaining tool- and one, without a doubt, which he'll release if he's positioned into a corner... the very last corner, that is.

I do think though, that while he still can, Assange is going to try his mightiest to use this extradition ruling against him to continue to effect a larger cause; a cause that's bigger than his own personal freedom. For now, at least.

Through the release of the war files, he's opened the eyes of the world, making it impossible not to see what's really going on around us. (As well as popped the eyes of those who don't want us to see what's really going on. lol)

His cause is to remind all of us that change is possible through real scrutiny, that truth and justice is possible to attain... but it has to be fought for and done by us, the people, and not left to the psychotic powers who use this world as their games room, and the people in it as their helpless pawns.

Change through scrutiny; change through mustering the courage to stand up against all that is sick, warped and incorrect.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." (I don't know who said it, but it's very true.)

Assange is in my thoughts and prayers... and I don't even pray. In fact, I'm going to go light a candle for him right now, too.

May the universe and all that is good look after him and bless him. But mostly, may we, the people, all wake up and not have his suffering be in vain.

In fact, NO truth exposer should have to suffer anymore. Truth should be painful, but only to those who are trying to cover it.

Alright. Just my pre-candle lighting words. I know you all know all this, but thanks for letting me air my feelings.
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 25th February 2011 at 15:59.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

jackovesk (25th February 2011), K626 (25th February 2011), Open your eyes (1st March 2011)

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Oh, and this:

Quote Posted by K626 (here)
    I'm ashamed at this moment to be English.....
    Don't be! It'd be like saying, I'm ashamed to be a human being when, actually, it's tptw that makes us all look bad.

And anyway, the UK is the base of the illuminati, is it not? I'm not all that surprised with the ruling, but I'm praying with all my might for a truly correct turning, powered by all of us.

I think I'll just set my place ablaze with candles now- just to be safe.
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 25th February 2011 at 16:01.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

Ramdass528 (28th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

The Government does not like Julian Assange and what he did so they in turn gin up some phony sex charges, the government is like the mafia crying foul.

22. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Assange extradition reveals total hypocrisy and political bias of British justice system (as the video title says):

From this clip:
    Quote Recently, the immigration minister admitted 139 suspected war criminals have been given the right to settle in Britain permanently. They are thought to include former henchmen of Saddam Hussein, an Afghan official who tortured prisoners, and Rwandan genocide perpetrators.

Since the Second World War, the UK has seen only two successful convictions for war crimes.

"A basic tradition relating to asylum is that anybody can come here, provided they have got lots of money -- we will let them in, because we want them in with their money," CANA-UK Director William J. Spring stated plainly. "And therefore it is not particularly that Russian magnates and oligarchs are welcome here. Arab sheikhs who may have a dubious criminal record, as it were, of torture -- yet they are allowed to swirl around London with no problem whatsoever."
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 27th February 2011 at 09:31.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

24. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member write4change's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 times in 628 posts

What I fear if even if he dies for this--Paul Craig Roberts says they will assassinate him---will any body print what then becomes available. They are publicly making release of information a life threatening event. And we are all just watching. Not that I have a clue what you do globally about this other than sites like this keeping people aware.

What I also fear is their picking off these sites one by one.
    Beware the axis of sanctimony.

25. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

*Whispers to write4change* The encrypted files, my friend. The encrypted files...

WikiLeaks will release encrypted 'doomsday file' if site blocked

Quote WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has circulated across the internet an encrypted “poison pill” cache of uncensored documents suspected to include files on BP and Guantanamo Bay.

One of the files identified this weekend by The (London) Sunday Times — called the “insurance” file -- has been downloaded from the WikiLeaks website by tens of thousands of supporters, from America to Australia.

Assange warns that any government that tries to curtail his activities risks triggering a new deluge of state and commercial secrets.

The military papers on Guantanamo Bay, yet to be published, believed to have been supplied by Bradley Manning, who was arrested in May. Other documents that Assange is confirmed to possess include an aerial video of a US airstrike in Afghanistan that killed civilians, BP files and Bank of America documents.

One of the key files available for download -- named insurance.aes256 -- appears to be encrypted with a 256-digit key. Experts said last week it was virtually unbreakable.

Assange has warned he can divulge the classified documents in the insurance file and similar backups if he is detained or the WikiLeaks website is permanently removed from the internet. He has suggested the contents are unredacted, posing a possible security risk for coalition partners around the world.

Assange warned: “We have over a long period of time distributed encrypted backups of material we have yet to release. All we have to do is release the password to that material, and it is instantly available.”

The “doomsday files” are part of a contingency plan drawn up by Assange and his supporters as they face a legal threat. He is wanted in Sweden over sexual assault allegations, and the US is reviewing the possibility of legal action after the release of 250,000 diplomatic cables.
    Ben Laurie, a London-based computer security expert who has advised WikiLeaks, said: “Julian’s a smart guy and this is an interesting tactic. He will hope it deters anyone from acting against him.”

Nigel Smart, professor of cryptology at Bristol University, said even powerful military computers would be unable to crack the encryption. He said: “This isn’t something that can be broken with a modern computer. You need the key to open it.”

The file is 1.4 gigabytes in size, which would be big enough for a compressed version of all the files released this year and additional data.
    Source: NYPOST

And another article on it in The First Post

Let's hope that the key to the files doesn't have to be released... for Assange's (and our) sake.
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 27th February 2011 at 13:12.

26. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

i am watching sbs here in australia right now and it is hard typing throught the tears from the information this guy has brought out..
    i am more than disgusted and angry about the pure brutal killing in afghanastan and iraq by the beast that they call the american army.. what bloody person can do what has done..
    i am devasted and heartbroken that a person of this earth can totally destroy the lifes of others and laugh about it..
    And right now i am thinking it is not so bad that this earth will get a cleansing, i know it is probably because i am so upset but if they dont stop doing this i will start praying for it to happen just so the world can start again..
    julian your fantastic and i know you will be sent all the love you need mate.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

astrid (28th February 2011), Cottage Rose (28th February 2011), jackovesk (27th February 2011), seko (27th February 2011)

28. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Jonathan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 times in 267 posts

What troubles me, is viewing this situation in the light of the black op technology we believe is out there. Either they can access every piece of info through a super computer, or they cannot.

I find it hard to believe that a computer can access our thoughts, and send the Bush family to mars, but cannot break this encryption.

I realize there is probably a great deal of compartmentalization, but there is something I am missing (understatement).

I have trouble discerning the truth when there are respected sources contradicting one another.
    Everything that the establishment has told you is wrong with you - is more likely what's right with you.

29. Link to Post #20
    Australia Deactivated
    Thanks

What troubles me is that if they kill him. Which from what I hear even on "mainstreet", is looking increasingly likely. Will the average automaton person on the street even bat an eyelid? We will all be able to confirm with no doubt at all, that most, if not all of our gravest fears for this realm are justified. We will have lost the courageous, brilliant conduit or amplifier of our concerns, and "life" will go on, freedom's will be whittled away, truth will be a dirty word, because, so many "people" strive after the almighty dollar.
    We may all be spiritually awakened, but what are WE going to do when THEY kill Julian Assange?
    And meanwhile, there are the "enlightened" shills who cruise these very pages, crucifying him with fanciful paranoias.
    It sickens me.
    Julian Assange is the Avatar for the fight against the dark ones. He may well be the Archangel Michael, asking us all "Who among you is like God?".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast