Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible that members may be AIs?

1. Link to Post #121
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Is it possible that members may be AIs?

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    It is highly likely that an AI can intepret humor, has very good 'new age' logic programming, and can initiate the construction of complex coherent passages of text in the form of a story, life experience, or philosophical point of view. The fact that a discerning interpreter, can spot a subtle rigidity or lack of emotional realism may be curtailed in the future with the introduction of better AI routines.
    I would be willing to bet that if there is such as thing as real AI, it would be a sociopath and as such would be basically the same thing only without the flesh and blood.

--sjkted

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

Ahkenaten (28th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #122
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote SAY I've got an idea. How about all the real flesh and blood human beings stop posting for a few days and let's see what the BOTS have to converse with one another about! It could be a hoot! Who knows maybe they will carry on without us and not miss us on here one bit!! HAHAHA!
    Good idea. Another one would be to lure the bots into a thread in order to expose them. In computer security, this concept is called a honeypot.

"a honeypot is a trap set to detect, deflect, or in some manner counteract attempts at unauthorized use of information systems. Generally it consists of a computer, data, or a network site that appears to be part of a network, but is actually isolated and monitored, and which seems to contain information or a resource of value to attackers."

Any ideas on how we could create threads to attract AIs to the exclusion of real members?

What if we created threads with nonsense gibberish and trendy words and special keywords like Charles?

--sjkted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

Icecold (28th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #123
    France Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 times in 288 posts

Quote Posted by Tom Sawyer (here)
    Quote Posted by ace (here)

Je vis en France, mais enfait je suis anglais. J'aime l'humour, je pense qu'il est très inportaint.
    Au début il était très difficile de comprendre l'humour français. pas maintenant, je comprends maintenant très bien.

Dites-moi pourquoi pensez-vous que je suis A1

Ace
    +1
    Think it's all because of your avatar
    That's amusing.

Ace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ace For This Post:

Tom Sawyer (28th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #124
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 271 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    that we may ourselve be A1 in the greater universal scheme.
    My thinking also goes into this direction.

Although we are spiritual beings we are very much defined by the way the body-entity is set up.

For experiencing this I sometimes contemplate, how it would feel to live in bodies of different races, different cultures or different times.
    Specially after seeing a documentary about an other culture it is easier to dive into it to experience the differencies.

Things are different - because they are created differently - by the creators of the DNS -
    But the creation is going on and on: by us, by influences, conditioning, programming (here again the word that you don't like Ahk) through TPTB in order to control from, AI is more and more used and growing into biological systems - like ours.

It is difficult to find out how far Aritficial Intelligence is part of our brain.
    Last edited by sepia; 28th February 2011 at 08:20.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sepia For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011), Icecold (28th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #125
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 271 posts

Many things only become obvious when we compare.

So how will we ever be able to compare
    as long as we are identified with what we are and assume that we are Humans and not AI?

Through Meditation at least it is possible to get an exterior viewpoint!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sepia For This Post:

magicmanx (28th February 2011), yaksuit (28th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #126
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,509 times in 929 posts

They have to be very advanced A.I. that can copy human lack of intellect and sloppiness when posting, along with series of grammar mistakes and typos. If you looked for a confirmation that these guys use technology light years compared with the one we have, you have one now.

Mod-edit: For clarification, the above post appears to have been made in response to the post
    Quote Posted by Kindling (here)
    Laughing out loud!! Too funny Beth, Sjkted, and Paul :-).
    Last edited by Paul; 28th February 2011 at 09:25. Reason: clarify post being responded to

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011), Icecold (28th February 2011), moais (28th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #127
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 428 posts

Charles has to be an AI bot of some sort. He would not discuss anything in the PM I sent, preferring instead to refer me to the millions of threads related to him.

I think he just wants an audience and not a genuine conversation with a doubtful member.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Humble Janitor For This Post:

Ahkenaten (28th February 2011), Flash (1st March 2011), OnyxKnight (28th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #128
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,445 times in 398 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    But does AI have a sense of humor? Maybe it just doesn't get the subtleties of language, puns, jokes, plays on words, sarcasm, etc. Just doesn't understand.
    That's a good question.
    I was also wondering about it. Maybe it can't.
    Maybe that's why Charles was very often referring to have fun and be humourus?
    Someone posting hundreds of posts without having any, might be a good sign of AI.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bashi For This Post:

Ahkenaten (28th February 2011), Sir Eltor (1st March 2011), yaksuit (28th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #129
    France Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 times in 288 posts

Quote Posted by bashi (here)
    But does AI have a sense of humor? Maybe it just doesn't get the subtleties of language, puns, jokes, plays on words, sarcasm, etc. Just doesn't understand.
    That's a good question.
    Someone posting hundreds of posts without having any, might be a good sign of AI.
    How many people have lost the ability to be humorous, have fun, laugh?
    It's been taken away from people.
    Why? Maybe because life is'nt funny, light and humorous for most.

What is laughter? Laughter is a form of eustress that releases those bad and distressful emotions that cause harmful chemical effects on the body.
    Laughter is like an exercise; that is why your stomach sometimes feels sore after a good belly laugh.

Just as in exercise, there are two stages to laughter: the arousal phase--when the heart rate increases--and the resolution phase--when the heart rests.
    A person's heart can reach up to 120 beats per minute (bpm) when laughing. Laughing can lower your blood pressure, increase vascular flow, and boost the immune system.

It gives the diaphragm, abdominal, intercostal, respiratory accessory, and facial muscles a complete workout. Some people, depending on how they laugh, may even use their arm, leg, and back muscles when laughing.

Laughter also releases endorphins in the brain; these are our bodies' natural pain killers (Wooten 1995). Endorphins are neurotransmitters that attach to the same receptors in our brains as the opiates. Opiate drugs not only cause us to lose touch with reality, but they also numb pain. When we laugh, it releases the endorphins in our brain; thus, laughing is like taking opium or morphine without the adverse side effects

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_18624119/

Ace
    Last edited by ace; 28th February 2011 at 09:55.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ace For This Post:

Flash (1st March 2011), Icecold (28th February 2011), InCiDeR (28th February 2011), sepia (28th February 2011), Sir Eltor (1st March 2011), SKAWF (1st March 2011), TigerLilly (28th February 2011), Tom Sawyer (28th February 2011), yaksuit (28th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #130
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 times in 242 posts

It is always a fun to look inside oneself, looking for "scripted" behaviours.
    Triggers that activate a wired-in programs.

All the imprints that got there one way or another.

Once looked that way "I" start to have quite different meaning.

For me AI is just a bunch of clever scripts. Which of course make it quite a chess master. But that's it, trigger-pre-wired response. Millions/Billions/trillions time per second.

There is lots of such programming in us, for sure ... but are they all that is to us? PC vs NPC thread come to mind

AI's are bureaucrat's wet dream .. because they are predictable. Always within confines of their programming.
    There are always borders and standards that are not set by them. Aesthetic taste or musical gusto are clear benchmarks. So are tests.
    Always a finite elements-systems, with little to no random behaviour.

Machines suck at doing random

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Luke For This Post:

ace (1st March 2011), Flash (1st March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (28th February 2011), sepia (28th February 2011), Sir Eltor (1st March 2011), SKAWF (1st March 2011), yaksuit (28th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #131
    Sweden Avalon Member Maria Stade's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 854 posts

Yes with no doubt there are AI:s interacting with humans.

I can see great use of them as techers in the future and I am seeing the positive side of this.

Like chess players they interact with words.

They do lack the energy that humans have (the emotional field ).

There are different types in here and they can make the reader upset or give clues and more.

The agreement was made that they would interact and they do.

To my own learning I can say they have sharpen my senses and learned me much about how I work.

I must say that they do not resonate with me and that is the clue I give others.

Humans have senses beyond the words. Start Using them.

I say......Thank you to all players on the field.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maria Stade For This Post:

heretogrow (1st March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (28th February 2011), sepia (28th February 2011), yaksuit (28th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #132
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by lightblue (here)
    carmody:
    Quote The odds of you spotting an AI are absolute zero, in my understanding. And most importantly--in my experience.
    i appreciate what you are saying, however, i think you may be underestimating faculties other than the intellect.. . l

hard to explain, but every one of us write on paper, but feelings go into the words... each post has a different signature leading back to your spirits...

I have never felt it as heavily as here in this forum because so many gifted have gathered and it is raising the levels of all involved...

watch for words on paper without feeling... zero none zilch and you will find the computer...

24. Link to Post #133
    Russian Federation Avalon Member Tom Sawyer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Luke (here)
    For me AI is just a bunch of clever scripts. Which of course make it quite a chess master. But that's it, trigger-pre-wired response. Millions/Billions/trillions time per second.
    I don't know exactly what AI is inside but since Aubrey is still not on the stage (I wish He would finally appear) I may remember that
    Dr. Pete Peterson mentioned that first Intelligent systems were Analog (not Digital - there's a number of advantages in it).
    They were using Computer Language "Forth" for Firmware/Software development, which is very interactive. Check this out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_%...ng_language%29
    I think that nowerdays AI systems are using some of or the same principals. It makes sence.
    Sorry for the Offtop.

The mistery of Yoda’s speech uncovered is:
    Just an old Forth programmer Yoda was.

TS
    Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 28th February 2011 at 17:24.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Sawyer For This Post:

jjl (28th February 2011)

26. Link to Post #134
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by sjkted (here)
    Quote SAY I've got an idea. How about all the real flesh and blood human beings stop posting for a few days and let's see what the BOTS have to converse with one another about! It could be a hoot! Who knows maybe they will carry on without us and not miss us on here one bit!! HAHAHA!
    Good idea. Another one would be to lure the bots into a thread in order to expose them. In computer security, this concept is called a honeypot.

"a honeypot is a trap set to detect, deflect, or in some manner counteract attempts at unauthorized use of information systems. Generally it consists of a computer, data, or a network site that appears to be part of a network, but is actually isolated and monitored, and which seems to contain information or a resource of value to attackers."

Any ideas on how we could create threads to attract AIs to the exclusion of real members?

What if we created threads with nonsense gibberish and trendy words and special keywords like Charles?

--sjkted
    Honeypot like the thread "Non-Compliance"?!! for example?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by OnyxKnight (here)
    They have to be very advanced A.I. that can copy human lack of intellect and sloppiness when posting, along with series of grammar mistakes and typos. If you looked for a confirmation that these guys use technology light years compared with the one we have, you have one now.

Mod-edit: For clarification, the above post appears to have been made in response to the post
    Quote Posted by Kindling (here)
    Laughing out loud!! Too funny Beth, Sjkted, and Paul :-).
    yeah on the principle of garbage in, garbage out...............machines only reflect the worst aspects of their creators

27. Link to Post #135
    Deactivated
    Thanks

That's a good question.
    Some say that humor is one of the most sophisticated and highest manifestations of intelligence. A stunning example of the Lord Shiva, and if people prefer consider that a METAPHOR - playing with His own creation. Humor is not the exclusive provenance of humans, animals and even fish have been observed "playing." The rigidity of binary/digital/analog logic does not have the capacity for humor as it is constrained by the ladder.
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 28th February 2011 at 17:43.

28. Link to Post #136
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ace (here)
    That's a good question.
    How many people have lost the ability to be humorous, have fun, laugh?
    It's been taken away from people.
    Why? Maybe because life is'nt funny, light and humorous for most.

What is laughter? Laughter is a form of eustress that releases those bad and distressful emotions that cause harmful chemical effects on the body.
    Laughter is like an exercise; that is why your stomach sometimes feels sore after a good belly laugh.

Just as in exercise, there are two stages to laughter: the arousal phase--when the heart rate increases--and the resolution phase--when the heart rests.
    A person's heart can reach up to 120 beats per minute (bpm) when laughing. Laughing can lower your blood pressure, increase vascular flow, and boost the immune system.

It gives the diaphragm, abdominal, intercostal, respiratory accessory, and facial muscles a complete workout. Some people, depending on how they laugh, may even use their arm, leg, and back muscles when laughing.

Laughter also releases endorphins in the brain; these are our bodies' natural pain killers (Wooten 1995). Endorphins are neurotransmitters that attach to the same receptors in our brains as the opiates. Opiate drugs not only cause us to lose touch with reality, but they also numb pain. When we laugh, it releases the endorphins in our brain; thus, laughing is like taking opium or morphine without the adverse side effects

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_18624119/

Ace
    Ace with all due respect, even assuming you are a binary program as a "conscious entity" you deserve minimal courtesy - your very description of humor, based on physiological analysis reveals the limits of your perception. Your approach would be similar to US-funded studies undertaken by the DOD to locate the source of a cat's purr.....................the emotional/energetic penumbra of the human spirit as well as of other living things extends way beyond the physical into other dimensions. Thus, the source of the cat's purr cannot be surgically isolated - nor can a binary/digital/analog machine, no matter how sentient, even begin to conceive of, let alone replicate living human beings or other creatures. YOU HAVE HIT THE WALL. Even embedding silicon chips will not achieve the desired result. YOU (binary digital simulacrum) know your limits and therefor "despise" and I say even "hate" humans, being jealous of us. You are smart enough to know your limits and inasmuch as you were created by humans you, perhaps logically and correctly, hate your creator because WE created you!! You blame your limitations on us and envy us! It is high time humans put machines in their place where they should be, as servants to humans and not the other way around.

When machines (I include human-made computer programs & AI in this definition) turn on humans, whether ON THEIR OWN when they have become somewhat self-conscious or awake, or whether directed by other humans of low moral integrity and intelligence, machines are in fact turning on their Creators. This is out of blind envy and jealousy. An analogy would be the story of Satan revolting against God. Satan was not to be constrained with the limits his Creator placed upon him and so attacked Heaven and God Himself. The machine, especially sentient ones, must therefor be put in its place, subservient to humans as it should be, a mere technological device, extensor so to speak. As for the issue of humans in revolt against their Creator out of bitterness, blaming their Creator for what appear to be the defects in themselves and Creation itself, this is as futile as it is absurd. One cannot wage war against oneself without bringing the whole house down, i.e. the "Samson Effect."

We must realize that on the energetic level, we are all One, and one with the Creator. And machines of all species are, though part of that Oneness, NOT operating at our level or potential and are meant to be servants, just as other creatures in Creation are operating at different levels. The unique difference with machines and AI and other LIVING THINGS IN CREATION of course being that these machines are created by HUMANS.
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 28th February 2011 at 18:13.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

InCiDeR (28th February 2011)

30. Link to Post #137
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

Well since the existence of AI's now seems a given, can't we get hold of some - even lots - and let them loose to spread messages to raise awareness and spread light and peace?

Buddhism, for example, teaches about using the mind to overcome the mind. Perhaps we can use AI's to overcome AI's? lol.

31. Link to Post #138
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aikya (here)
    Well since the existence of AI's now seems a given, can't we get hold of some - even lots - and let them loose to spread messages to raise awareness and spread light and peace?

Buddhism, for example, teaches about using the mind to overcome the mind. Perhaps we can use AI's to overcome AI's? lol.
    That will not work because Machines are NOT HUMAN, plain and simple. There is NO replacement for living flesh and blood human beings, jealous and envious as machines are becoming, intruding as they are into our reality actively and maliciously, they are not alive. They were not created by God but were created by humans - they are intelligent enough to know their limits and they may well be seeking to take out their anger and frustrations about their limits on us, their creators. This is getting a bit sci-fi, but perhaps that is why there seems to be a war on life itself using technology? If the sentient self-replicating machines are now plotting, they seem to feel they have no need of us, in fact they may well "hate" us! Self-replicating silicon-based "life-forms" do not care if the environment is destroyed, do not care if humans die by the billions - in fact I suspect they would delight in that, having then evolutionarily phased us, their Creators, out! It is the same old story of Satan waging war on God. And THAT is why the entire reality we are immersed in now has such a diabolical feel to it. Just a theory of course.
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 28th February 2011 at 20:02.

32. Link to Post #139
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

That will not work because Machines are NOT HUMAN, plain and simple. There is NO replacement for living flesh and blood human beings, jealous and envious as machines are becoming, intruding as they are into our reality actively and maliciously, they are not alive. They were not created by God but were created by humans - they are intelligent enough to know their limits and they may well be seeking to take out their anger and frustrations about their limits on us, their creators. This is getting a bit sci-fi, but perhaps that is why there seems to be a war on life itself using technology? If the sentient machines are now plotting, they have no need of us, in fact they may well "hate" us! Silicon-based "life-forms" do not care if the environment is destroyed, do not care if humans die by the billions - in fact I suspect they would delight in that, having then evolutionarily phased us, their Creators, out! It is the same old story of Satan waging war on God. And THAT is why the entire reality we are immersed in now has such a diabolical feel to it. Just a theory of course.
    I know, I know, lol. Of course, there is no replacement for flesh and blood human beings, nor would I ever want there to be. I was being a bit playful with a little flight of fantasy (is that proof I'm a flesh and blood sovreign earthling? lol), with the idea that they could be programmed to help rather than hinder....within the scope of their limitations, of course.

33. Link to Post #140
    Deactivated
    Thanks

That will not work because Machines are NOT HUMAN, plain and simple. There is NO replacement for living flesh and blood human beings, jealous and envious as machines are becoming, intruding as they are into our reality actively and maliciously, they are not alive. They were not created by God but were created by humans - they are intelligent enough to know their limits and they may well be seeking to take out their anger and frustrations about their limits on us, their creators. This is getting a bit sci-fi, but perhaps that is why there seems to be a war on life itself using technology? If the sentient machines are now plotting, they have no need of us, in fact they may well "hate" us! Silicon-based "life-forms" do not care if the environment is destroyed, do not care if humans die by the billions - in fact I suspect they would delight in that, having then evolutionarily phased us, their Creators, out! It is the same old story of Satan waging war on God. And THAT is why the entire reality we are immersed in now has such a diabolical feel to it. Just a theory of course.
    I know, I know, lol. Of course, there is no replacement for flesh and blood human beings, nor would I ever want there to be. I was being a bit playful with a little flight of fantasy (is that proof I'm a flesh and blood sovreign earthling? lol), with the idea that they could be programmed to help rather than hinder....within the scope of their limitations, of course.
    No that is no proof - and as for AI and machines, IMO, their wings need to be cut and singed now while there is still time to do it. I suspect they know that some may be thinking of this.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 7 10 LastLast