+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proof the government is preparing for a catastrophe (make of it what you will)

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Default Proof the government is preparing for a catastrophe (make of it what you will)

Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), Tom Sawyer (27th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member dddanieljjjamesss's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Proof the government is preparing for a catastrophe (make of it what you will)

I kind of see this as proof that someone is trying to make money off of fear, no?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dddanieljjjamesss For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), Heartsong (27th February 2011), jjl (27th February 2011), modwiz (27th February 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Greece Avalon Member the_flyingboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Proof the government is preparing for a catastrophe (make of it what you will)

nice one irishspirit

6. The Following User Says Thank You to the_flyingboy For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

As a mother of 2 children, I have always tried to protect and provide for all their immediate and future necessities. I could not come home and tell my kids there was no food on the shelves. Now, I can sleep in peace having purchased years of emergency food! I love having the peace of mind, the feeling of being empowered that my family and I are covered with the necessary emergency food, and survival supplies. Governments will not help the masses, only the elite will drink wine, and eat steak. You have nothing to loose if prepared.

You work while your master plays.

You sleep while your master dreams !
    Last edited by Gaia; 27th February 2011 at 13:37.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), Tom Sawyer (27th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    UK Avalon Member Champion the Wonderhorse's Avatar
    Thanks

Bunkers or tombs? The rest of us top level minions will have the real challenge.

You can stack up with a supply of food but if your staying in one spot and not part of a community then be prepared for your hungry neighbours to turn savage.

Learn to protect yourself and your loved ones by any means possible.

Be mobile. Something 4x4 off road, but fuel will be a problem so rely on a good terrain bike.

Form a community with multiple skills near clean running water and grow your own food.

More importantly pray that you'll be in the right place at the right time. Even more importantly pray that it never comes to this, but still be prepared.

Now I've just depressd myself. I think I'll go down the pub to cheer myself up

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Champion the Wonderhorse For This Post:

buckminster fuller (1st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), golden lady (1st March 2011), jjl (27th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 times in 531 posts

The thing about buying lots of supply's is (which i am not in a position to do) it assumes you have a safe place in which you can stay. To have any piece of mind you would need at least a good few weeks if not months worth of food.

This food is going to be like having a giant target on your back and so would have to be hidden, buried preferably which means you have to stay close by. The thing i am getting at is no matter how much food etc. you have put buy their WILL be people willing to kill you and your family for it, and lots of them!!

Unless you are well armed, remote and willing to kill to protect it having lots of supply's will only help to a certain extent. Please understand i think it is great to have food put buy but a lot of people don't seem to realize JUST HOW BAD it will be. For alot of us the phrase 'concrete jungle' will be very fitting.As the saying goes'the difference between Civilization and chaos is three square meals'. Scary stuff.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HURRITT ENYETO For This Post:

Ahkenaten (27th February 2011), Champion the Wonderhorse (27th February 2011), Charlie Pecos (27th February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), Fredkc (27th February 2011), golden lady (1st March 2011), modwiz (27th February 2011), NancyV (27th February 2011), Tom Sawyer (27th February 2011), winnasboy (27th February 2011), write4change (27th February 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Hurrit approaches the thinking required well.

There are several "longs talks with yourself" required once you go down the survival path.

Chief among these is:
    What would I kill for?
    This one starts simple, and gets complicated quickly.

If you've only yourself, then it comes down to, "Is self defense a legal move?"
    But then, add in children. grand children.

Having a cache of food is only a transitory solution, at best. It will only see you/your group through a period of transition; whether status quo returns to normal, or is a "new beginning".

Any new beginning that does not rely on "sunlight and lotus petals" for sustenance requires being able to work, and defend about 2-4 acres/human in your group. It also requires very strict rules about charity, and membership standards (rules like "work, or don't eat"). What becomes of the "disenchanted", who leave, taking with them a full knowledge of what you have, and where?

These become more than academic when you live in, or near a large population that thinks "survival" mean passing up the Big Mac, for a regular cheeseburger.

Rest assured that govt has labored long over this thinking process, as they built whatever stores they have. I doubt they will give anyone more than one chance to accept or reject whatever condition they put on their support.

Where is the line between charity, and foolhardiness?

Food for thought,
    Fred

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

Ahkenaten (27th February 2011), buckminster fuller (1st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), golden lady (1st March 2011), modwiz (27th February 2011), Tom Sawyer (27th February 2011), Vangelo (27th February 2011), winnasboy (27th February 2011), write4change (27th February 2011), yaksuit (27th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

Did you see the post about the 4 year old McD's cheese burger? That and twinkies, lets stock up! Cheap and Never rots, think of all the mummies it creates! Fries too, what will we drink? Coke of course!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Vangelo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,583 times in 569 posts

Hi Fred,

Very well said. This is the best, most succinct summary of this scenario I've ever read. I often think of the Amish as the folks with the greatest chance of survival but then worry about what the masses will do when they stumble across them. Will they kill the 'firemaker' to get their last meal or will they realize that they need to protect the 'firemaker' in order for there to be a meal tomorrow?

Regards,
    Vangleo
    Happiness comes from within, nowhere else.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vangelo For This Post:

Annie (27th February 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), write4change (27th February 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Charlie Pecos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,842 times in 492 posts

What are the odds that a person or group of people can have every imaginable variable thought out and planned for? Growing food? What if the environment is hostile to growing anything? Clean water? What if there is none? What if everthing we have stored up and planned for gets destroyed or confiscated? In the event of a world wide disaster, the animal populations will be quickly decimated. Then what?

The best layed plans of mice and men.

These things can't help but be based in fear.

The truth is, more than likely, whatever is coming, we will not be prepared for it. But if we look back on our lives, we will see that our creator has always provided what we needed, even before we knew we needed it. In short, let go of the fear. The best preparations we can make are in our hearts. Will ours be a world filled with fear and killing? Haven't we already done that? Or will it be a world where we example to others the natural phenomena of compassion and cooperation. The birth of the first humane civilization.

We don't have to fear. We don't have to hoard. And we certainly don't have to kill. I would rather be killed and set free to go home, than to kill another and have that karma to deal with.
    Our bodies are weak and fragile, they die anyway. The spirit lives forever.

These videos are very cleverly designed to elicit a specific response, and from what I've seen, they work very well.

Kennedy Theory: We'll drive off that bridge when we get to it.
    Last edited by Charlie Pecos; 27th February 2011 at 17:55.
    There is no good and there is no bad, all are experience and experience is everything.
    In truth, there is only ONE of us.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Charlie Pecos For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (27th February 2011), exponentialist (1st March 2011), golden lady (1st March 2011), granny (27th February 2011), Heartsong (27th February 2011), jjl (27th February 2011), Lifesong (1st March 2011), pilotsimone (27th February 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

First let me say that the Government is not just preparing for a disaster, they are designing some new ones each day. In these times, they seem to have no possible job to do in our benefit ~unless they create hardships, emotions of fear, and then step forward as the solution to their own creation.

In our family, my 93 year old, Dad, has given each child and multiple grandchildren a year's supply of wheat, oats, and a wilderness cook stove and pan. He was very kind and generous to do so. My brother just got a new job a couple of thousand miles away where he will be near all his grandchildren. He is now at a loss on how he can possibly move 1500 pounds of wheat and another 1500 lbs of oats to Ohio. Not to mention all he has accumulated in furniture and "stuff," no one has been using for years. We moved last year like many, many others. These moves assist us~ as we are forced to discard all that no longer serves us ~ before we can move ahead. If you have belongings you haven't needed or touched in 10 years, it may be a sign that you no longer need them. One man's trash is another man's treasure so another message here is to open our hearts and share so that others less fortunate may also be blessed.

It is a great ordeal to sort through all we have accumulated as our brains were wired with an old, "Pack rat" mentality from the days of survival. What a tremendous burden it is to think in terms of survival. This idea discards the fact that we are of divine origins and are creators in our own right.

These instincts while once valuable can present real problems and act as a barrier to our ability to remain flexible, open, trusting, and positive. There is no harm in having a stockpile, if for no other reason, you can share it during temporary disruptions from weather, hardship, or many other things that may await you. We are self-fulfilling creatures, however, and that is where the positive can suddenly turn negative and block our passage.

Above all, please remain flexible. Do not be afraid of leaving things that are no longer of service to you behind. Let it go just as we are being asked to let old grudges and wounds go, so that a healing might take place in our own hearts and then be manifested into the external world around us. In this manner, we can lighten our load and put a little skip into our step and move forward into the light so we can dance together again with great joy and gusto! Bless, bless, bless; give, give, give; forgive, forgive, forgive, say, I love you, I love you, I love you! Just for the hell of it and then wait for the echo ; ) xoxoxo
    Last edited by Darla Ken Pearce; 27th February 2011 at 17:30.
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

Charlie Pecos (27th February 2011), golden lady (1st March 2011), karelia (28th February 2011), manolo (27th February 2011), modwiz (27th February 2011), pilotsimone (27th February 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi Darla,

You bring up a very interesting point.

We also moved within the last year and had to get rid of a lot of "stuff".

I wonder how many others here have had to do the same in recent memory?
    There is no good and there is no bad, all are experience and experience is everything.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie Pecos For This Post:

modwiz (27th February 2011), pilotsimone (27th February 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member stillwater's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Charlie Pecos, I love it!!!

To quote from your post "Kennedy Theory: We'll drive off that bridge when we get to it"

I felt compelled NOT to watch the video that started this thread. Glad to have found your pearl of wisdom!! LOL!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to stillwater For This Post:

Charlie Pecos (28th February 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by stillwater (here)
    Thanks Charlie Pecos, I love it!!!

To quote from your post "Kennedy Theory: We'll drive off that bridge when we get to it"

I felt compelled NOT to watch the video that started this thread. Glad to have found your pearl of wisdom!! LOL!!
    Well that makes two of us who didn't watch. I've seen enough of them to know whats up.

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 10:05.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

Charlie Pecos (28th February 2011)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

An A/C repairman, upon seeing my stash of food in the basement, asked, "Damn man, are you preparing for the end of the world"? Er, ah, maybe.

And yes, you can bet there will be lots and lots of grasshoppers looking to steal the ant's stores of goodies.

31. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Shhhhh....maybe you're awake for a reason

+ Reply to Thread