+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sports and Spirituality

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member stillwater's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Sports and Spirituality

I'd like to put this out there for anyone who may find it of interest or have something to share on the topic.

The topic is sports and spirituality, commonly misunderstood from both ends of the spectrum. Sports science rarely treads into the spiritual realms, and it's difficult for non-athletic enlightenment seekers to gain the experience to understand the true spiritual nature of sports and competition.

Sports, physical risk taking, and the riddle of competition allow the participant to dwell in the ethereal realms. This is where one can find themselves in a true multi-dimensional experience that includes the very real consequences of our physical world, with the seemingly "unreal" experiences that occur in what many refer to as the "zone". This is where thought and action become one. Things manifest quickly, if not instantaneously in this realm.

What follows are some questions and thoughts brought about by a simple mission statement; "To reach into the unknown and find something to make it a better place"

This little journey seems to lead to the conclusion/theory/realization/question/seemingly obvious statement that;
    Thought is Mass
    Mass is Universe
    Thought is Universe
    ie; Ideas have Weight

.. and with this in mind, the question arose; "is our universe evolving or is it our place within it"?

This question was followed by the realization "The finite cannot advise the infinite" (must've read that somewhere but can't recall where)

So, the following may or may not make any sense... and that's sort of the point... it's not really supposed to make sense. At best, it can hopefully generate more interesting thought here on this forum than it has in my file cabinet. Please note that I make some leaps and assumptions here. Feel free to correct, debate, or otherwise question any of it as that is the purpose of my sharing this.

SPORTS & SPIRITUALITY

Sports stretch human concepts of time, space, gravity and of what is “humanly” possible. Do athletes “shape shift” and alter their world? If so, then how?

The Matter and Energy experienced while riding in the mountains, skating city’s, racing motorcycles, and generally risking your life, becomes an alternative way to reach spiritual enlightenment through effecting our sub-atomic/inter-dimensional existence.

To start with, consider these two ways of looking at our universe.

Quantum Theory = Inter-dimensional

Classic/General Relativity Theory = Human – 3 Dimensional

The universe is known to be expanding exponentially. What cause’s the expansion is unknown. Einstein theorizes of a “vacuum energy” which he represents as a “cosmological constant” in determining the rate of universal expansion

Is it any wonder that the universe is expanding during the “Information Age”? Perhaps Einstein’s cosmological constant or “vacuum energy” is the “human factor” or simply human energy. Maybe the elusive strings in String Theory are human “heart strings”. Are we giving good vibes?

String Theory may be forgetting the human factor. That we are conscious beings of energy with the ability to control our energy. E=mc2 backwards (mc2=E), suggests that mass can be created/affected from energy.

This brings up the question of earth’s rising frequency. Are we increasing it through human activity and energy? Are we the cause of this rising frequency or are we simply affected by it? Could the earth’s rising frequency be related to an expanding universe?

Matter in sub-atomic particle form or energy, would be considered inter-dimensional through the concepts of Quantum physics. These sub-atomic particles, being inter-dimensional in nature, would not adhere to the concepts of time and space. This is the “cosmic soup”.

When this “matter” is humanized, or conceptualized, it exists in time and space (both human concepts) and thereby takes on “classic” characteristics. By conceiving of, and giving time and space to Matter, we provide the forum of life as we know it and conceive it.

If General Relativity deals with how time & space are altered by matter and energy, (humans, animals, plants), then why would Matter and Energy not alter our consciousness and have an effect on our sub-atomic/Inter-dimensional existence?

So...that's it for now. I've left it open ended - any athletes or physicists out there who can relate to any of that?
    Last edited by stillwater; 28th February 2011 at 01:26.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Sports and Spirituality

But do they matter?

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member stillwater's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Sports and Spirituality

aha! a bone., thanks Moemers, I'll take it!

I guess this thread is about self-discovery, so in that regard I say yes, Sports and Spirituality matter.

I view sports and games as somewhat interchangeable. They are simply ways to interact with our environment to learn about ourselves and our place in the world and universe. They also, for better or worse, indoctrinate us and teach us how to interact with each-other.

In this view, games and particularly sports are sort of a cultural trojan horse which serve to establish the very context from which we think. For examples think of various sports and games along with the personality types that are typically drawn to them. Is it really any wonder why only certain sports and games are promoted so heavily by mass media?

Context may be the most important guide to consider when choosing which games to play or follow in life. Given that our thoughts impact the physical world around us, it seems to make sense that the impact of our thoughts (the strength of their vibration) would become more powerful when our thoughts are combined with high amounts of physical energy, thus magnifying our "spiritual power". The experience of sexual energy combined with love would be another example of this effect.

Regarding Spirituality, I believe our thoughts matter only inasmuch as their ability to resonate with the world around us and gain "weight".

So if games create context for thought, could changing the world be as simple as finding new games to play and seek mastery in?

As I am sure many on this forum including Bill have discovered, sports and physical endeavors are a real and powerful way to experience physical manifestation of thought. Nothing like a broken leg, facing death or having a kid to teach one about taking responsibility for the impact produced by our thoughts and actions. What do we choose to think about when we, or a loved one, gets to the end of our rope? (referring to Bills post of "an experience that changed my life")

As for games, this forum is as full of them as life itself. I say which ones we choose to play and give energy to, definitely matters.
    Last edited by stillwater; 28th February 2011 at 23:24. Reason: clarity

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stillwater For This Post:

Moemers (1st March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread