+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finding Your Unique Life Purpose

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default Finding Your Unique Life Purpose

One of my favorite movies of all time is Signs, a film by M. Night Shyamalan. What I love most about this film is its suggestion that if you are not doing what you are meant to be doing with your life, you will wake up each morning with a little sadness in your heart.

I realize that every person's life is made up of countless conscious and subconscious experiences, and that it can be self-limiting and even depressing to think that there's just one thing that each of us are meant to do really well.

Still, I think it's natural to marvel at someone doing something with such sensational skill and passion that it is natural to think that he or she has discovered a unique life purpose.

I think that most people think about this issue at some point in their lives. And if a clear answer doesn't appear, it's possible to become discouraged, especially when we see so many celebrities who appear to have found their own special talents.

I believe that a lot of people in our world are chronically depressed because they feel that they haven't found their unique callings. Maybe this is the result of the way that today's mainstream media continuously teaches us that we are not beautiful or financially wealthy enough. Maybe it's just a normal part of the human experience in any age.

When we hear about finding a unique life purpose, it is usually in the context of discovering a vocation or physical skill that typically attracts widespread respect and admiration. How good would it be if our society began to recognize certain character traits as being displays of true greatness ?

To consistently display any of the character traits requires a similar level of commitment, effort, and practice that elite athletes, musicians, and other artists put into being great at what they do. If only the world would regularly teach us that we don't have to become Olympians, Hollywood celebrities, published authors, millionaires, or anything else to find our unique life purposes and to feel fulfilled.

This video originally appeared on youtube.com about two years ago, and to date, it has generated over 85 million views. I think it's safe to assume that all of us can recognize this young man's greatness with a guitar.
    Last edited by Gaia; 1st March 2011 at 22:58.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

angellight (28th February 2011), Autumn (28th February 2011), bilko (1st March 2011), Blue (28th February 2011), bluestflame (28th February 2011), Creative Lorraine (1st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), delaware (2nd March 2011), eaglespirit (28th February 2011), gsb67 (28th February 2011), hohoemi (2nd March 2011), Jayke (28th February 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), mike1414 (28th February 2011), moais (28th February 2011), Ramdass528 (2nd March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), sister (1st March 2011), Steph (28th February 2011), Syl (1st March 2011), Whitehaze (28th February 2011), witchy1 (2nd March 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011), zelda (28th February 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Finding Your Unique Life Purpose

That tune gives me goosebumps...

I always like to imagine just how beautiful, awe inspiring and magnificent this planet could be if everyone was taught to discover their path in life from a young, the amount of geniuses we'd have in every field of endeavour would be mind boggling...truly something to celebrate, the human race would be legendary.

Instead we get shoe-horned into little boxes that dull creativity, constantly forced to make compromises to fit into a social structure that only serves the interests of a few.
    I've noticed that every time i make a compromise in my own life, a little bit of that inner passion or inner spark seems to fade away.
    A life without compromise in the name of our greatest good is something i've always worked towards and admired in others, people who stick to their highest values no matter what challenges they face earn my deepest respect, truly the greats of this planet.
    Last edited by Jayke; 6th March 2013 at 22:08.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Autumn (28th February 2011), ceetee9 (1st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (28th February 2011), hohoemi (2nd March 2011), Steph (28th February 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

What a nice post Gaia, thanks for that.

Quote I believe that a lot of people in our world are chronically depressed because they feel that they haven't found their unique callings. Maybe this is the result of the way that today's mainstream media continuously teaches us that we are not beautiful or financially wealthy enough. Maybe it's just a normal part of the human experience in any age.
    I was chatting to a colleague this morning who told me that his friend's wife, a very beautiful woman had committed suicide. She had developed an adult form of acne and felt she was so ugly and disfigured, that her life wasn't worth living anymore. She left behind two very young daughters and a doting husband. I was really sad when I heard this, then angry. I imagine that poor woman had to be extremely depressed to take such a drastic step but you can bet the mainstream media added fuel to the fire.

I personally feel sickened at the constant bombardment of advertising that women (and now men & children) are subjected to. I also really don't care who wore the best/worst dress at the Oscars last night, or who will be UK/US/Australian top model. All this nonsense gives rise to feelings of inadequacy. It seems society today is obsessed with appearance, fame and money, but hey... us Avalonions already know all this and I'm in danger of climbing on the rant bus

Back to the main point of your post... I'm still searching for my life's purpose, but as they say, it's not the destination, it's the journey (yep, think I'll keep telling myself that one lol)

Thanks again for the post.

Mouse x

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Post:

ceetee9 (1st March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (28th February 2011), Ramdass528 (2nd March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Whitehaze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 times in 293 posts

Incredible.......Inspiring..........Uplifting.........Magical........Dare to dream
    Last edited by Whitehaze; 28th February 2011 at 15:38. Reason: to add
    In the light of the day the other light is hidden, never the less that other light still exists seen by other eyes.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whitehaze For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (28th February 2011), Steph (28th February 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks

Now I'm in a good mood. Thank you for sharing!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Autumn For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (28th February 2011), Steph (28th February 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Ireland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I agree with you Gaia! Anyway just finding out who you are and knowing yourself, not what could you be good at, has got to be best way to making you fulfilled! Its the hardest thing and takes loads of us a lifetime. Self knowledge is so undervalued!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Very talented chap indeed. Thank you for posting, I shall pass this around my friends to help lift their days!!
    I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details.
    Albert Einstein

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyricus For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (28th February 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Truth Seeker's Avatar
    Thanks

I grew up with parents that encouraged their children to find and follow their passions, for which I am grateful. I am eldest of 4 kids. My sister knew exactly what she loved and wanted to do from 2nd grade on and is doing that today. Both of my brothers figured out what they were passionate about and their gifts are flourishing in their chosen paths.

Me? I was always curious about everything, wanted to know/learn about everything, could be good at almost anything, and am good at lots of things, but there has never been anything that has piqued a driving passion from me - a ONE thing that I just HAD to do. Even my husband knew at a very young age that he wanted to be a filmmaker and everything he has done all of his life has been in the pursuit of that. I don't have that in my life and wish I did. It makes me feel like I'm just wandering around in life looking for something I may never find. I feel like I'm perpetually everyone else's helper, and I'm truly glad when I'm able to help someone else accomplish something for themselves, but even this leaves me unfulfilled because I can't seem to figure out what *I* would like to accomplish or what my unique talent/gift is. That makes me feel rather lost, and it is in feeling lost that I start feeling depressed. I feel like I've spent most of my life searching for answers, searching for myself, and haven't gotten anywhere - just going in circles.

Does anyone else relate to this?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Truth Seeker For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (1st March 2011), Heartsong (1st March 2011), hohoemi (2nd March 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Truth Seeker (here)
    I grew up with parents that encouraged their children to find and follow their passions, for which I am grateful. I am eldest of 4 kids. My sister knew exactly what she loved and wanted to do from 2nd grade on and is doing that today. Both of my brothers figured out what they were passionate about and their gifts are flourishing in their chosen paths.

Me? I was always curious about everything, wanted to know/learn about everything, could be good at almost anything, and am good at lots of things, but there has never been anything that has piqued a driving passion from me - a ONE thing that I just HAD to do. Even my husband knew at a very young age that he wanted to be a filmmaker and everything he has done all of his life has been in the pursuit of that. I don't have that in my life and wish I did. It makes me feel like I'm just wandering around in life looking for something I may never find. I feel like I'm perpetually everyone else's helper, and I'm truly glad when I'm able to help someone else accomplish something for themselves, but even this leaves me unfulfilled because I can't seem to figure out what *I* would like to accomplish or what my unique talent/gift is. That makes me feel rather lost, and it is in feeling lost that I start feeling depressed. I feel like I've spent most of my life searching for answers, searching for myself, and haven't gotten anywhere - just going in circles.

Yes, absolutely. Have you considered that perhaps your "helping" other people in the way you do, IS your purpose? I read your post and thought 'that could be me you are describing'! My only talent seems to be making people feel welcome, important if you will. If I can make one person feel good about themselves then that makes me happy and it doesn't take much at all. Maybe that's our role in life? I have never given it any credence before now until you posted. Bless you for being everyone elses helper Truth Seeker xx

Mouse x

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (1st March 2011), Gaia (1st March 2011), Jayke (1st March 2011), Truth Seeker (1st March 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

Me?
    This is speaking authentically for all Light Workers, Way showers, and soon to be World Servers. Our path was not easy, we set ourselves up for much of what has occurred within us meant to nudge us along our path. When we reached out in love, it was misunderstood and according to a very warped and destructive debtor system, we had no actual value that was "tangible." Our great value has always laid in the Spiritual Realms, those taught of by the Ascended Master, Jesus Christ, and being so oriented to the Spiritual, we did not fit into a world of duality that was about as foreign as it's possible to get.

We have forgotten who we are and what we came to do but it's all open now, barriers removed, and we are free to go forward in discovering and regaining our powers and they are GREAT!

The more abused, discredited, harmed, challenged, down trodden, stepped upon, no matter how we felt the boot at our neck ~ hey, we overcame all that...and much, much more that we are only now able to remember. We played all parts but I can only remember the spiritual aspects that we are living now. It made us round pegs being pounded into 3D square holes. Not possible which is why we are gathered here today wondering what comes next? This is, of course, sheer coincidence ; )

When I first heard the idea that we were the creators of our own lives; I was outraged to say the least. I thought it was ~ hogs wash, ~balloon juice, ~ and a few other adjectives I had come to depend upon to describe my life. It took some time (13 million years give or take a few minutes but who is counting?) for me to realize that all the chaos and challenges came with a caveat of humor. My trademark? No! Yes, yes, yes. No matter the situation there was always a great laugh involved even at my own expense, it was always there and so I knew....finally, that it was true. Once we "get it" all the hardship and woes and chaos disappear down the rabbit hole never to be seen again to trouble us. It is really blissful to bid those negative burden ~ Adios Amigo! Sayanara, Farewell!

Our greatest goal lies ahead in completing our Divine Plan which just so happens (lucky for us) to be the current and most important event of this whole 3D experience. ASCENSION.

We begged to take a part in the here and now. And don't look now, but it's arrived! WooHoo, WooHoo, Woohoo. I kid you not.

Okay, as a lightworker, we are all beat up. That is why we are just in the nick of time to regain the ability to repair and restore our DNA. We never lost our divinity but it sure felt like it when we spent so many years not remembering who we are. We are, in fact, Divine Creations of a most loving and wonderful Father/Mother/God who stands ready and always has ~ to give us the desires of our hearts. Those desires can be realized now and something even more ~ we are able to regain our Mastery. Living so many lives, we were at the top of our game as the Leonardo De Vinci's, the Michael Angelos' and all the other Masterships. That was us way back in the day! We are being gifted ~ to get all these talents and we developed too many other talents to believe right now but it will all come back to us.

To begin (is there a broken record playing in here?) say the following: "I ask that my axiatonal lines be reconnected and so it is..." This puts you working together, entwined again for all time, with your higher power which is Celestial and has been with us throughout all lifetimes. We were limited in that the greatest assistance could not come forth until asked for and this is that asking now. I highly recommend it as a fabulous starting point that can take you all the way to ascension. I have much more but have run out of steam which is usually a good thing for anyone standing on their feet for this long.

I am sending out a sparkling Chi-Ball of magic and a gentle violet flame of healing ~ and I ask that you will have remembrance and understanding of all that you are ~ and as it floats right above this page on your screen. Do pick it up as a rather large embrace comes from my heart ~ and is within it sent to bless you in all ways from this day forward. And so it is...
    xxoxox
    Last edited by Darla Ken Pearce; 1st March 2011 at 18:25.
    Ep 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Even so, let your light shine and keep it real...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd March 2011), Gaia (1st March 2011), Jayke (1st March 2011), Lettherebelight (2nd March 2011), ponda (1st March 2011), Truth Seeker (1st March 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Darla-Ken-Jensen-Pearce Wrote : We are being gifted ~ to get all these talents and we developed too many other talents to believe right now but it will all come back to us.

We can not all be great in doing big things in life, but we can be big in doing small things great.Those who discover their gifts and develop them are truly the happiest people on earth.

Many blessings

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Jayke (1st March 2011), Steph (1st March 2011)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

I think awknowledging your talent and putting it to a use in such a way society can benefit from it, should universaly, be an act of love. However as we know social-economic structures *sigh* do not seem be keen on such mental / physical development when its does not fit its format.. Renders me saddened.. (sorry for not adding real contribution in the dialogea here)

''I think that most people think about this issue at some point in their lives''

Yes they do some times..

Gonna listen to the guitar play when I am home, curious

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Syl For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Darla Ken Jensen Pearce (here)
    Me?
    This is speaking authentically for all Light Workers, Way showers, and soon to be World Servers. Our path was not easy, we set ourselves up for much of what has occurred within us meant to nudge us along our path. When we reached out in love, it was misunderstood and according to a very warped and destructive debtor system, we had no actual value that was "tangible." Our great value has always laid in the Spiritual Realms, those taught of by the Ascended Master, Jesus Christ, and being so oriented to the Spiritual, we did not fit into a world of duality that was about as foreign as it's possible to get.

We have forgotten who we are and what we came to do but it's all open now, barriers removed, and we are free to go forward in discovering and regaining our powers and they are GREAT!

The more abused, discredited, harmed, challenged, down trodden, stepped upon, no matter how we felt the boot at our neck ~ hey, we overcame all that...and much, much more that we are only now able to remember. We played all parts but I can only remember the spiritual aspects that we are living now. It made us round pegs being pounded into 3D square holes. Not possible which is why we are gathered here today wondering what comes next? This is, of course, sheer coincidence ; )

When I first heard the idea that we were the creators of our own lives; I was outraged to say the least. I thought it was ~ hogs wash, ~balloon juice, ~ and a few other adjectives I had come to depend upon to describe my life. It took some time (13 million years give or take a few minutes but who is counting?) for me to realize that all the chaos and challenges came with a caveat of humor. My trademark? No! Yes, yes, yes. No matter the situation there was always a great laugh involved even at my own expense, it was always there and so I knew....finally, that it was true. Once we "get it" all the hardship and woes and chaos disappear down the rabbit hole never to be seen again to trouble us. It is really blissful to bid those negative burden ~ Adios Amigo! Sayanara, Farewell!

Our greatest goal lies ahead in completing our Divine Plan which just so happens (lucky for us) to be the current and most important event of this whole 3D experience. ASCENSION.

We begged to take a part in the here and now. And don't look now, but it's arrived! WooHoo, WooHoo, Woohoo. I kid you not.

Okay, as a lightworker, we are all beat up. That is why we are just in the nick of time to regain the ability to repair and restore our DNA. We never lost our divinity but it sure felt like it when we spent so many years not remembering who we are. We are, in fact, Divine Creations of a most loving and wonderful Father/Mother/God who stands ready and always has ~ to give us the desires of our hearts. Those desires can be realized now and something even more ~ we are able to regain our Mastery. Living so many lives, we were at the top of our game as the Leonardo De Vinci's, the Michael Angelos' and all the other Masterships. That was us way back in the day! We are being gifted ~ to get all these talents and we developed too many other talents to believe right now but it will all come back to us.

To begin (is there a broken record playing in here?) say the following: "I ask that my axiatonal lines be reconnected and so it is..." This puts you working together, entwined again for all time, with your higher power which is Celestial and has been with us throughout all lifetimes. We were limited in that the greatest assistance could not come forth until asked for and this is that asking now. I highly recommend it as a fabulous starting point that can take you all the way to ascension. I have much more but have run out of steam which is usually a good thing for anyone standing on their feet for this long.

I am sending out a sparkling Chi-Ball of magic and a gentle violet flame of healing ~ and I ask that you will have remembrance and understanding of all that you are ~ and as it floats right above this page on your screen. Do pick it up as a rather large embrace comes from my heart ~ and is within it sent to bless you in all ways from this day forward. And so it is...
    xxoxox
    Darla, you are wonderful. I'll take that gentle violet flame to heart.

*hugs you*

Quote Darla-Ken-Jensen-Pearce Wrote : We are being gifted ~ to get all these talents and we developed too many other talents to believe right now but it will all come back to us.

We can not all be great in doing big things in life, but we can be big in doing small things great.Those who discover their gifts and develop them are truly the happiest people on earth.

Many blessings
    Gaia, you don't escape the hug fest either

*hugs you*

Mouse x

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steph For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Syl (here)
    I think awknowledging your talent and putting it to a use in such a way society can benefit from it, should universaly, be an act of love. However as we know social-economic structures *sigh* do not seem be keen on such mental / physical development when its does not fit its format.. Renders me saddened.. (sorry for not adding real contribution in the dialogea here)

''I think that most people think about this issue at some point in their lives''

Yes they do some times..

Gonna listen to the guitar play when I am home, curious
    Finding your life purpose is definitely something that is unique to the individual. For some it can be clear what it is, and to others it does indeed take time to find .Many times, your life purpose will find you. Just don’t let it pass you by when it does !

Nietzsche said “Life without music is a mistake.” I couldn’t agree more, but feel even more strongly about “Life without passion is a mistake”

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Steph (2nd March 2011), Truth Seeker (1st March 2011)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Beyond excellent, not only is she been blessed with a voice, she has been blessed with the ability to convey deep emotions, a precious gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

bilko (1st March 2011), Creative Lorraine (1st March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Truth Seeker's Avatar
    Thanks

Mouse - Thank you so much for your response. Perhaps you are right and maybe just helping others is what it is I am called to do. Maybe I have diminished the importance of such a function in thinking there was something "more" I was supposed to be doing. I am only just learning how to BE. I have a lot of self-doubts. I am glad to know I am not alone.

Darla - What you said was so beautiful. Thank you for the gracious and lovely gift you sent out. I do believe that I received it. I was overcome with warmth of emotion.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Seeker For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

Are not the hardships of human beings the result of civilization - as the few have imposed, with the aid of 'others'; the standard by which all have voluntarily lived by!? Have not opportunities been limited by the masters, self proclaimed or 'given' title!? Has not deception been mixed with distraction keeping the mind busy!?

Those who appear to have found their purpose truly have; however, not as it appears on its face - 'as a spoon is used to cut'. Is it not the 'carrot of hope' that dangles before the masses!? Is it not when the few say, and the many believe, that the hardships and challenges are tests for something greater - when in reality it serves a purposed not disclosed openly!?

Has not this civilization added 'reinvent yourself' to promote obedience and productivity!? Has not the 'invisible enemy', that is only real by 'will', caused the mental anguish suffered by most!? Is there anything normal to this existence; or is it simply that which is made, and does not have to be!?

Is not to search one's purpose simply to feed ego, to be blind to truth and to give hope!? I say, 'yes, everyone has potential; however not everyone has ability'. Ability, however, may be simply achieving the foundation for it. Are not the roles of each predetermined in youth by the 'parent of upbringing' while 'flesh and blood' allow it!?

I say, the greatest deception has been 'hope in an impossible situation' - for those with invisible chains. Who has imposed the standards which direct all; and how have these standards been felt by the many and the some!? Are these the same standards for the few and those who aid them!?

I say, how can humanity and each within be free to explore, evolve and live, when they do not own, but are owned. Freewill and freedom have become only words, carelessly thrown around as if it was 'theirs' to do so. Is not to be content or happy 'with' - simply a way to avoid conflict!? Who can open another's 'eyes' but the other themselves.

What should be done first, in order to 'Find Your Unique Life Purpose'?
    Last edited by king anthony; 1st March 2011 at 21:24.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011), Gone002 (1st March 2011), Ramdass528 (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

35. Link to Post #18
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Thanks for the thread Gaia,
    My prayers are very simple nowadays... Show me where i have come from, show me who i am, show me my purpose, Thank you.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Creative Lorraine's Avatar
    Thanks

Truth Seeker I went through the same as you... I was good at alot of things and helping people
    I think u want to know what u could be good at with ur hands maybe?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creative Lorraine For This Post:

Gaia (1st March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), Truth Seeker (1st March 2011)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Wow! Do I!! My story is similar to yours, I was (and still am) curious about everything and am very good at most anything I put my mind to doing. My only difference is that I knew (or thought I knew) at a very young age (6 or 7) what I wanted to be--a scientist, chemist and/or physicist like my dad--and I began pursuing both. I setup a laboratory in the basement of our home and did experiments--one of which didn't go so well (or did depending on how you look at it) when I almost burned down the house while testing a batch of gun powder I had made. By the 7th grade I was studying my dad's college chemistry, physics and electronics books and discussing these subjects with my high school chemistry and physics teachers after school. They were both amazed at the questions I would ask them and how much I understood about the subjects and they both encouraged me to go into the field of science.

My life was good and everything seemed on track when one cold winter February night in 1964 in northern New York, I tuned into the Ed Sullivan show and saw a new musical group called The Beatles. I knew instantly that that was what I wanted to do. I had always loved music and enjoyed playing around with my grandmother's reed organ, but now I was sure I was going to be a rock guitarist. Who needs science anyway? So I asked my dad to buy me an electric guitar. He said he would if I could prove to him that I'd stick with it by playing the acoustic guitar that I had broken the back out of when I let it slide down the attic stairs at age 5 because I couldn't carry it. I taught myself to play the guitar and dad bought me the electric. Within 2 years I was playing in a band and loving it. But my angst over not pursuing my scientific interests continued to bother me.

I eventually went back to school for computer science. Writing software provided a similar satisfaction to writing music--and it paid a lot better. But even though I enjoy software engineering and playing music very much, I feel that I'm not fulfilling my life's purpose. I am constantly distracted by my innate curiosity and desire to learn and a nagging need to be part of the solution to help make this world a better place. But my most aggravating and deeply distressing problem of all is that I don't know how to accomplish that.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Gaia (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), Truth Seeker (2nd March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast