Thread: Worm Tongue

1. Link to Post #241
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Re: Worm Tongue

Quote Posted by Cottage Rose (here)
    Quote Posted by Icecold (here)

I'd like to say to two members here. Lee-B and Cottage Rose, how dare you accuse me of something that you had no clue regarding. Both of you ought to look long and hard at your crediibility.
    Please direct me to a post # where I accused you of something, Icecold.
    He meant how you all flip out on what he (and others) saw as a benigh post about GW'....

and that "flip out" caused the **** yesterday...

You people dont even see how ugly this gets sometimes do you...you dont see consequences to easily

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

GoldenYears (1st March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011)

3. Link to Post #242
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Quote Posted by Richard (here)
    Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    babe.,..dont lie...

Its Zepplin
    Zeppelin just makes fish boogie, Floyd gets 'em biting
    Straits pulls the fisher in

4. Link to Post #243
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This ask for maximum flood wait, gonna re lnk stuff from grafitti artists blog, gonna hard to find

Ok, I dunno waht this is all about so gonna be quiet

5. Link to Post #244
    Switzerland Avalon Member sepia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,932 times in 270 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    OK, how about this. Anyone who is not a trouble-maker should leave this thread now, and if you have some perverse curiosity - go stealth if you must, knowing that the numbers under the thread provide the metrics of effectiveness to the trouble-makers. CUT OFF THE OXYGEN.

THAT WOULD BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO. I can only presume those remaining are the bad guys. Simple litmus test. I am outta here.

Come on, we can do this. It is the only positive option left on the table. GO FOR IT! KICK THIS HABIT!!
    Yes I'm still here, reading carefully - compassionate.

Not a trouble-maker, no perverse curiosity, not a bad guy (girl to be precise)

But I'm here to 'hold the space',
    to support the involved in their connection to their spiritual inspiration.

And many others do the same.

After diving into the dark of emotions a tipping point can be reached... New blossoming after the storm -

I wait and trust.

6. The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to sepia For This Post:

3optic (2nd March 2011), Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), An Cailleach (1st March 2011), astrid (2nd March 2011), bashi (1st March 2011), Belle (1st March 2011), BrianEn (1st March 2011), Brodie75 (1st March 2011), Burke (1st March 2011), Calz (3rd March 2011), Celine (1st March 2011), Charlie Pecos (2nd March 2011), Chuck (2nd March 2011), crosby (1st March 2011), Fractalius (2nd March 2011), FutureLeFunk (1st March 2011), Gaia (2nd March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), gigha (2nd March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), greybeard (1st March 2011), heretogrow (2nd March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (1st March 2011), Jendayi (2nd March 2011), K626 (2nd March 2011), Kindling (1st March 2011), Lifesong (1st March 2011), Limor Wolf (2nd March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), Lucc30 (4th March 2011), magicmanx (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), mrmalco (3rd March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), Nortreb (2nd March 2011), NxTLvL34 (2nd March 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (1st March 2011), Redtailhawk (2nd March 2011), Richard (1st March 2011), Rocky_Shorz (1st March 2011), ROMANWKT (2nd March 2011), Ross (1st March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), Sebastion (1st March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011), Spirithorse (3rd March 2011), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2011), write4change (1st March 2011), yaksuit (1st March 2011), Zook (1st March 2011)

7. Link to Post #245
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 202 posts

In lieu of saying anything directly to anyone else in here for fear of misunderstanding or continuing any conflict, I will content myself to share a story only.

This is "A Lesson in Karma" from one of my favorite authors who shares the tale of learning from his teenage daughter. I think it's relevant, and I hope you all enjoy it.

"Lao-Tse says (at least in Leary's translation) that the Great Tao is most often found with parents who are willing to learn from their children. This remark was to cause me considerable mental strain and dilation around this time in our narrative, because my children had become very self-directed adolescents and were getting into occultism with much more enthusiasm and much less skepticism than I thought judicious.

For a few years, we could not discuss these subjects without arguing, despite my attempts to remember good old Lao-Tse and really listen to the kids. They believed in astrology, which I was still convinced was bosh; in reincarnation, which I considered an extravagant metaphor one shouldn't take literally; and in that form of the doctrine of Karma which holds, optimistically, that the evil really are punished and the good really are rewarded, which I considered a wishful fantasy no more likely than the Christian idea of Heaven and Hell. Worst of all, they had a huge appetite for various Oriental "Masters" whom I regarded as total charlatans, and an enormous disdain for all the scientific methodology of the West.

My own position was identical to that of Aleister Crowley when he wrote:
    We place no reliance
    On Virgin or Pigeon;
    Our method is Science,
    Our aim is Religion.
    After every argument with one of the kids, I would vow again to listen more sympathetically, less judgmentally, to their Pop Orientalism. I finally began to succeed. I learned a great deal from them.

A "miracle" then happened. I know this will be harder for the average American parent to believe than any of my other weird yarns, but my horde of self-willed and self-directed adolescents began to listen to me. Real communication was established. Even though I was in my 40s and greying in the beard, I was able to talk intelligently with four adolescents about our philosophical disagreements, and our mutual respect for each other grew by leaps and bounds.
    This, I think, is the greatest result I have obtained from all my occult explorations, even if the unmarried will not appreciate how miraculous it was.

Luna, our youngest-the one who might have levitated in Mexico and who had her first menstrual period synchronistically on the day Tim Leary was busted in Afghanistan taught me the hardest lesson of all. She had begun to paint in watercolors and everything she did charmed me: it was always full of sun and light, in a way that was as overpowering as Van Gogh.

"What do all these paintings mean?" I asked her one day.

"I'm trying to show the Clear Light," she said.

Then, returning from school one afternoon, Luna was beaten and robbed by a gang of black kids. She was weeping and badly frightened when she arrived home, and her Father was shaken by the unfairness of it happening to her, such a gentle, ethereal child. In the midst of consoling her, the Father wandered emotionally and began denouncing the idea of Karma. Luna was beaten, he said, not for her sins, but for the sins of several centuries of slavers and racists, most of whom had never themselves suffered for those sins. "Karma is a blind machine," he said. "The effects of evil go on and on but they don't necessarily come back on those who start the evil." Then Father got back on the track and said some more relevant and consoling things.

The next day Luna was her usual sunny and cheerful self, just like the Light in her paintings. "I'm glad you're feeling better," the Father said finally.

"I stopped the wheel of Karma," she said. "All the bad energy is with the kids who beat me up. I'm not holding any of it."

And she wasn't. The bad energy had entirely passed by, and there was no anger or fear in her. I never saw her show any hostility to blacks after the beating, any more than before.

The Father fell in love with her all over again. And he understood what the metaphor of the wheel of Karma really symbolizes and what it means to stop the wheel.

Karma, in the original Buddhist scriptures, is a blind machine; in fact, it is functionally identical with the scientific concept of natural law. Sentimental ethical ideas about justice being built into the machine, so that those who do evil in one life are punished for it in another life, were added later by theologians reasoning from their own moralistic prejudices. Buddha simply indicated that all the cruelties and injustices of the past are still active: their effects are always being felt. Similarly, he explained, all the good of the past, all the kindness and patience and love of decent people is also still being felt.

Since most humans are still controlled by fairly robotic reflexes, the bad energy of the past far outweighs the good, and the tendency of the wheel is to keep moving in the same terrible direction, violence breeding more violence, hatred breeding more hatred, war breeding more war. The only way to "stop the wheel" is to stop it inside yourself, by giving up bad energy and concentrating on the positive. This is by no means easy, but once you understand what Gurdjieff called "the horror of our situation," you have no choice but to try, and to keep on trying.

And Luna, at 13, understood this far better than I did, at 43, with all my erudition and philosophy... I still regarded her absolute vegetarianism and pacifism as sentimentality. "

From Cosmic Trigger volume 1: Final Secret of the Illuminati by Robert Anton Wilson

8. Link to Post #246
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Quote Posted by Lee-B (here)
    Alll here cuz of Bill?

Hmm..

Bill DOES NOT act the same on forum as he does in private.... just like most of us.
    Which is something people should be aware of, especially if they are not keen on people who flatter to deceive, and are somewhat duplicitous, whether they are aware of it or not.
    Yes you were very different Lee-B when you came to me with info you got from another member...and juts HAD to tell me...you were so concerned...remember?

I immedietly sent you to speak to richard becuase i sensed BS
    Now you're getting a little too provocative for my tastes. I am no different, what you see is what you get. I'm not bi-polar.
    Yes, I came to you because I thought I could trust you, based on other peoples interactions with you. I'm not going to go into PRIVATE conversations on here. It is worth noting how I ceased all communication with yourself and Richard on that matter when *I* sensed BS.

And just for the record, things have moved on since then. I have been nothing but honest and transparent. I felt extremely guilty for confiding in you, knowing it was a huge error of judgement.
    So much so, that I told the EX MODERATOR concerned, exactly what I had divulged to yourself and Richard.

He was fine with that, and appreciated my honesty. And knowing full well that I put the cat amongst the pigeons.
    Your lucky your on the other side of the Atlantic you f*cking coward.
    In person I would rip your head off and sh*t down your neck for that.

Crawl back to your hole now little coward behind the screen
    hahaha, thanks so much for that Richard. Give someone enough rope etc. How lovely of you to reveal your true self. For everyone to see. I have no other comment to make on your idle threat, little man.
    I don't know what all this is about, and for me it is not any more neccessary to know.
    In order to take sides, your post is enough:

Somebody is crying out loud in pain and you are laughing at him...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bashi For This Post:

3optic (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011)

10. Link to Post #247
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

So ya, mod hat OFF, anyone else want to say something brilliant?
    You seem to have cooled off a bit, which is all I was hoping to accomplish. No disrespect was intended. Has my comment earned me a spot on your sh*t-list?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

modwiz (1st March 2011), Richard (1st March 2011)

12. Link to Post #248
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Sepia said

Quote Yes I'm still here, reading carefully - compassionate.

After diving into the dark of emotions a tipping point can be reached... New blossoming after the storm -

I wait and trust.
    I wait beside you Sepia
    Sometimes all that can be done is to hold the space.
    The pen might be mightier than the sword but spiritual energy by far greater than both of those.

Namaste
    Last edited by greybeard; 1st March 2011 at 22:50.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), astrid (2nd March 2011), buckminster fuller (1st March 2011), Burke (1st March 2011), Calz (3rd March 2011), Caren (1st March 2011), Celine (1st March 2011), Charlie Pecos (2nd March 2011), crosby (1st March 2011), EsmaEverheart (2nd March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), Huma (2nd March 2011), Isthatso (2nd March 2011), Jendayi (2nd March 2011), jjl (1st March 2011), Kindling (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), magicmanx (2nd March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), Nortreb (2nd March 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (1st March 2011), Redtailhawk (2nd March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), sepia (1st March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), Spirithorse (3rd March 2011), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2011), witchy1 (1st March 2011), yaksuit (1st March 2011)

14. Link to Post #249
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

oh the times I have to bite my tongue and say nothing .........LET ME JUST SAY TRANSPARENCY IS JUST A WORD . It is not an action those who have something to hide will never be transparent. This site has never really been transparent nor have any interviews hosted by Kerry and Bill. They have been privy to material never given out partly due to the need to protect those giving the interview. It has never been released to the membership here or at PA1. So Yes Bill is not transparent for some reasons that are understandable.

Those that are working behind the scenes deserve a certain amount of trust when it is misused or misplaced by another then accountability issue`s occur. If that is the case then the one who caused should be called up on the mat regardless of the position they hold . If Bill has GW`s so called back then I have a good idea as to why . Any MOd or Admin who wish`s to know it need just PM and I`ll give it to them.
    Last edited by Northern Boy; 1st March 2011 at 22:57.

15. Link to Post #250
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by sepia (here)
    Yes I'm still here, reading carefully - compassionate.

I wait and trust.
    And here is an angel in human form.

Much love and respect Sepia
    Thanks

16. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), astrid (2nd March 2011), Beth (1st March 2011), Buchanan561 (2nd March 2011), Burke (1st March 2011), Calz (3rd March 2011), Caren (1st March 2011), Celine (1st March 2011), Fredkc (1st March 2011), FutureLeFunk (1st March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), greybeard (1st March 2011), Jendayi (2nd March 2011), Lifesong (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), Luke (2nd March 2011), magicmanx (2nd March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), ROMANWKT (2nd March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), Sebastion (2nd March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), ThePythonicCow (1st March 2011), Whitehaze (1st March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011), witchy1 (1st March 2011), yaksuit (1st March 2011), Zook (1st March 2011)

17. Link to Post #251
    United States Avalon Member Cottage Rose's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,454 times in 617 posts

I'd like to say to two members here. Lee-B and Cottage Rose, how dare you accuse me of something that you had no clue regarding. Both of you ought to look long and hard at your crediibility.
    Please direct me to a post # where I accused you of something, Icecold.
    He meant how you all flip out on what he (and others) saw as a benigh post about GW'....

and that "flip out" caused the **** yesterday...

You people dont even see how ugly this gets sometimes do you...you dont see consequences to easily
    To Celine & Ice:

Please re-read the "removed" posts (if that is possible) you will both discover I was neutral and did not take sides as to whether a threat was or was not made.

I only requested the matter be resolved so the thread could proceed in a friendly manner. I asked Ice to explain to Gypsy if she misunderstood his message. That is all. No side taken regarding intent.
    Last edited by Cottage Rose; 1st March 2011 at 22:57.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cottage Rose For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

19. Link to Post #252
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Maybe not at that time...but you have made it obvious thru other posts ...just how you feel rose.

Dont be shy....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), Lifesong (1st March 2011)

21. Link to Post #253
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Quote Unless I'm wrong, isn't having a community here at Avalon what so many of us want?
    Yes Sandy, exactly.

Unfortunately, Loki's minions are stalking the halls of Avalon and are intent on creating mischief.

Also they use your philosophy of 'love and light' as an effective mask to prevent identification and distract attention.

It is a very useful tool for the dark forces. A blind which members appeal to without thinking of the source of the message. Words of light are meaningless without action to support them. Discriminate...... Discriminate...... Discriminate.
    Dear Icecold,

I couldn't agree more with your statement of Discriminate.

However, I believe the first person we need to use our discernment with is ourselves. I also know, though not always successful I admit, that you can discern with love and light. When you see passed the people to look at what the facts, agendas, behaviors, etc, are, then you discern with YOUR perception, experience, intuition, intellect, beliefs, etc and figure out what fits, works or doesn't work for you. However, if you are not willing to start with YOU and your inner self first, then often hidden agenda's come into conflict.

It still all boils down to YOU, your personal responsibility to yourself and others (if you choose) but the bottom line is YOUR feelings are yours and there should be no expectation for anyone else to address them. If someone chooses to acknowledge, validate, support or be reactive in a negative way to you then again you are left to contemplate more emotions. You are the only one who can truly address what it is you want to stop
    and or change when it comes to personal matters that are affecting you.

THUS, Discriminate oneself first is my MOTTO
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy For This Post:

aikya (1st March 2011)

23. Link to Post #254
    United States Avalon Member Cottage Rose's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,454 times in 617 posts

Maybe not at that time...but you have made it obvious thru other posts ...just how you feel rose.

Dont be shy....
    I will not be baited here with your cryptic remarks. Please provide my post numbers.

I really do not care what you choose to think, Celine. You are making unsubstantiated remarks as you often do.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cottage Rose For This Post:

Alan (2nd March 2011), SteveX (2nd March 2011)

25. Link to Post #255
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Dont be shy....

I too have seen them and held my tongue. C is a big girl and she can handle her self when the need arise`s , I on the other hand would not have allowed it to go on as long as it did

here is one now that seem to have summed up thru your responses to many of her posts

Quote But, you are making unsubstantiated remarks as you often do.
    Last edited by Northern Boy; 1st March 2011 at 23:04.

26. Link to Post #256
    France Avalon Member buckminster fuller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,878 times in 475 posts

Dont be shy....
    I will not be baited here with your cryptic remarks. Please provide my post numbers.

I really don't care what you choose to think, Celine. But, you are making unsubstantiated remarks as you often do.
    Was out, back with a sense of humour :

may I suggest a wrestling match?
    from what I have read, you are both correct. Only from what I've read...

Peace
    life is design

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buckminster fuller For This Post:

aikya (1st March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

28. Link to Post #257
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Please re-read the "removed" posts (if that is possible) you will both discover I was neutral and did not take sides as to whether a threat was or was not made.

I only requested the matter be resolved so the thread could proceed in a friendly manner. I asked Ice to explain to Gypsy if she misunderstood his message. That is all. No side taken regarding intent.
    I can vouch for that, Rose acted as she stated above in that thread

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

Cottage Rose (1st March 2011), jjl (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), mrmalco (3rd March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), Redtailhawk (2nd March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011)

30. Link to Post #258
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

I can vouch for that, Rose acted as she stated above in that thread
    As do I.

Ross

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

Cottage Rose (2nd March 2011), jjl (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), Redtailhawk (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

32. Link to Post #259
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

sorry to but in...what's this all about?

can someone re-cap? l

33. The Following User Says Thank You to lightblue For This Post:

Huma (2nd March 2011)

34. Link to Post #260
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

on a different note, we have a missing member in New Zealand we haven't heard from since the 17th, Carmen lives in Christchurch...

so could I ask all of you to spend a moment to realize what really is important...

Carmen is one of Avalon's elders...

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 3 13 16 LastLast