Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast

Thread: Worm Tongue

1. Link to Post #221
    France Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Worm Tongue

*hand up* who's Loki?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to An Cailleach For This Post:

Lily de Cuir (12th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (3rd March 2011)

3. Link to Post #222
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by Richard (here)
    Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

How's the ice fishing?
    Cold but bountiful
    do you have a fish house out on the water?
    Nope, i park my minivan on the lake, drop the line out the window, turn up some Pink Floyd and wait for the bite.
    LMAO...

I miss the days of looking out at the lake and seeing 20 trucks parked around fish houses...

let me guess, 2WD and you plow through 18 inches of snow without thinking twice...

4. Link to Post #223
    Madagascar Avalon Member Star Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks

We are as sick as our secrets.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Gazer For This Post:

Brodie75 (1st March 2011), Rufs (1st March 2011), The HoppyBunny (3rd March 2011)

6. Link to Post #224
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 times in 419 posts

This all started out very simple...

Celine made a statement that Bill had not kept his word with her.

She was also concerned about others who might be having the same thing happening to them.

She was respectful enough to not give out details.

In my analytical mind, other member's reactions are getting way out of hand.

If you didn't like her initial statement, you could have just moved on to another thread.

I believe she felt she was hurt by Bill who she trusted.

So either be sympathetic, or move on.

No reason to insult her or anyone else.

7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to slvrfx For This Post:

An Cailleach (1st March 2011), Celine (1st March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), greybeard (1st March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (1st March 2011), Lifesong (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), Mystique (1st March 2011), Richard (1st March 2011), sandy (1st March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011), winnasboy (2nd March 2011), yaksuit (1st March 2011)

8. Link to Post #225
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    babe.,..dont lie...

Its Zepplin
    Zeppelin just makes fish boogie, Floyd gets 'em biting

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), DevilPigeon (1st March 2011), Equinox (2nd March 2011), Huma (2nd March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), Mystique (1st March 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (1st March 2011), Whitehaze (1st March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011), wolf_rt (2nd March 2011)

10. Link to Post #226
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Quote Posted by Globalcitizen (here)
    *hand up* who's Loki?

Loki is one of the major deities in the Norse pantheon. He is a son of the giant Farbauti ("cruel striker") and the giantess Laufey. He is regarded as one of Aesir, but is on occasion their enemy. He is connected with fire and magic, and can assume many different shapes (horse, falcon, fly). He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic: in that aspect he can be compared with the trickster from North American myths. The ambivalent god grows progressively more unpleasent, and is directly responsible for the death of Balder, the god of light.
    Loki's mistress is the giantess Angrboda, and with her he is the father of three monsters. His wife is Sigyn, who stayed loyal to him, even when the gods punished him for the death of Balder. He was chained to three large boulders; one under his shoulders, one under his loins and one under his knees. A poisonous snake was placed above his head. The dripping venom that lands on him is caught by Sigyn in a bowl. But every now and then, when the bowl is filled to the brim, she has to leave him to empty it. Then the poison that falls on Loki's face makes him twist in pain, causing earthquakes.
    On the day of Ragnarok, Loki's chains will break and he will lead the giants into battle against the gods. Loki is often called the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer, and the Sky Traveler.

11. Link to Post #227
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,835 times in 232 posts

let me guess, 2WD and you plow through 18 inches of snow without thinking twice...
    You seem to know me well.. Who ARE you?

lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011)

13. Link to Post #228
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Quote Posted by Lee-B (here)
    Quote Posted by chelmostef (here)
    Lee did you watch as Avalon 1 was pulled down around us? This is stinks of the same dirty hand at work.... Your negativity is feeding this monster, stop it.
    With respect, I've never interacted with you, you don't know me. Anyone that does will confirm I only seek the truth. If this place crumbles, there is one person responsible for his HUGE error of judgement, and that I am sad to say, is Bill.
    As pissed off as i am with you Lee-B.... i have to agree
    Even though I agree with you, Celine, that Gypsy Woman puts out more negative energy than anything else, until I know exactly why Bill supported her continued disruptive presence I can't make a judgment on why he seemed ok with her. Maybe he didn't have time after she returned to see that her actions were equally as repellent as they were when she was given a "time-out". He has been very busy with travelling and the UFO Congress.

I was also "attacked" by Gypsy Woman when she put me on her list of several members who were critical or cautious of Charles. Normally I love a good fight but I chose not to engage with her because it was so blatantly obvious what type of person she is. Arguing with her would be entirely counter-productive and futile, as you undoubtedly found out. It would be sort of like arguing about quantum physics with a four year old.

It looks like she is unsubscribed now so maybe that will put this to rest soon. However, even if I disagreed with a decision or judgment call Bill makes I would still support him 100%!! Unfortunately your innuendos about Bill and your flat out statements that you cannot further support him are entirely without class. It is very tacky to attack Bill on his own forum and it should have been done in private. Do you really so much need the support of the members in your character assassination of Bill? It's not nice to undermine anyone in this way and it does not reflect well on your judgment of what is appropriate and what is not appropriate to say in public. Can you not disagree with his decisions without the ad hominem attack?

Of course there will be things I disagree with Bill about. I'm not overly fond of his initial statements of support for Charles, but I totally respect his right to be who he is and to have his own reasons for supporting certain people - and those reasons almost always evolve and change. We are all unique and have different viewpoints so we will never agree about everything. Overall Bill has been a total gentleman. The fact that he keeps his persona on this forum more objective, less passionate and opinionated helps ensure that he won't unduly influence members in their opinions. He is a fantastic steward for his website because he remains more dispassionate in presenting information for our consideration.

Sure he has some strong opinions and when he feels moved to state them, he does. For example he puts little credence in channeled material and makes that known, but not in a nasty way. Obviously he will let his "hair down" in more private settings. It is a big responsibility to consider how to present yourself when hundreds or thousands of people are listening. If I were to totally act like I do in private you would hear a LOT of "F" words in my posts!

You have called Bill out, demeaned him in public, metaphorically slapped him in the face with your glove and challenged him to a duel. I hope you are prepared for the outcome of your decision. Possibly he will ignore what you have said as he ignored the nasty remarks from Kerry, and maybe this will all just go away (like GW did). However he responds, I will support him. I also support you in your feelings, just not your choice to express them to the forum members.

Bill has done so much to bring information to us that even if he is human and makes a few misjudgments I will always admire him and be grateful that he is here and cares enough to keep on trucking.

Nancy

14. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

aikya (1st March 2011), andywight (9th March 2011), Bea (15th March 2011), Champion the Wonderhorse (1st March 2011), Charlie Pecos (2nd March 2011), Donna O (1st March 2011), Huma (2nd March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (1st March 2011), Isostool (2nd March 2011), Isthatso (2nd March 2011), K626 (2nd March 2011), karelia (2nd March 2011), learninglight (1st March 2011), Maria Stade (1st March 2011), Omni (2nd March 2011), Poly Hedra (3rd March 2011), Sebastion (1st March 2011), Seikou-Kishi (20th May 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), Snookie (2nd April 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), SteveX (2nd March 2011), sunflower (1st March 2011), The HoppyBunny (3rd March 2011)

15. Link to Post #229
    United States Avalon Member Cottage Rose's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,454 times in 617 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)

I'd like to say to two members here. Lee-B and Cottage Rose, how dare you accuse me of something that you had no clue regarding. Both of you ought to look long and hard at your crediibility.
    Please direct me to a post # where I accused you of something, Icecold.

16. Link to Post #230
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,369 times in 4,614 posts

I can but advice you to post the 'threatening messages' openly here on the board for everyone to see and wash your hands and heart ,

this is not the first time something of this sort has occured.

If you allow the clandestine game to continue and give it your deal of faith, it will continue, behind our backs.

This IS the same reason why I've rised questions to Bill and Charles in thread called 'The Threat' some time ago, the issue was solved and closed in few minutes.

Life is not a forum game. When people get seriously hurt and there's need for official investigation, knowing what kind of agendas are in play ,

privacy has to step aside, at times . Don't underestimate right everything what's going on here.

You , dear Celine ..are almost always 'speaking in tongues'. Good or bad, there seems to always, meaning left yet for someone..yet for someone..

With few sentences posted in each thread ..it seldoms gives full meaning of what you are going through .

If you think that's impossible and the Admin & MoD here have to preserve high level of secrecy ..then forgive me but we're not in better stand than our governments .

If truth is not allowed then what is the meaning of this and similar boards .

Love to you all

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), aikya (1st March 2011), chelmostef (2nd March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (1st March 2011), learninglight (1st March 2011), magicmanx (1st March 2011), Reinhard (2nd March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), sunflower (1st March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011)

18. Link to Post #231
    Scotland Avalon Member Ouroboros's Avatar
    Thanks

babe.,..dont lie...

Its Zepplin
    Zeppelin just makes fish boogie, Floyd gets 'em biting
    I also love my fishing but there's been a heck of a lot of fishing going on here and plenty biting

19. Link to Post #232
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

Quote Posted by Whitehaze (here)
    Ok ok ok.....can someone tell me what the heck a smurf is.....because I know it cant be those evil little blue thingys.....seriously.......what is a smurf? (incidentally i think it sucks there was only one smurfette, where was the balance)
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ll=1#post13054

20. Link to Post #233
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

This is all I will say about the issues being addressed.

I made a thread.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...262#post161262

Check it out.

This too shall pass.

21. Link to Post #234
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Thank God for Rocky S, Jimmy Page, Led z and going fishing = Bing Crosby.
    Have a good night.
    Oh good to see you Ross hope all well in NZ
    Best wishes Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), Huma (2nd March 2011)

23. Link to Post #235
    Mauritius Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 times in 635 posts

Allow the children to play and express their emotions. isn't this how we learn?

24. Link to Post #236
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

You seem to know me well.. Who ARE you?

lol
    I used to have the fish house made from a trailer, we'd drag it out with a string of 20+ snow mobiles...

beds wrapped around the outside that would fold up into the walls and card tables through the center, and a big ol heater...

men's club, if a wife wanted to go fishing, we'd go to the other house...

3 feet of ice in the holes and a heater that didn't work...

They didn't want to join us very often...

25. Link to Post #237
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

I have been watching the ebb and flow of this water for a while now, ever since i got caught in the current and nearly got in trouble.
    Luckily i managed to doggy paddle to the shore and see the course of this river.

Now i stay in the shallows and cross where the river thins watching my step and keeping an eye on the flow.
    It is easy to spot the salmon here from the bank, they are always trying to swim upstream.

Funny how our lives resemble nature
    Peace everyone...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

chelmostef (2nd March 2011), Limor Wolf (2nd March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011)

27. Link to Post #238
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Have i attacked him?

I have shared my heart...

He hurt it..

I talk about it.

He saw ALL the info on GW...just as all the MODS did...

I am sorry if i seem classless...that is truly not my intention.

But yes..i can see why that is the perception...and ill take that hit...becuase i did try EVERY OTHER VENUE.

and i am tired of watching my friends be insulted behind closed doors.

Bill's proffesional work is definetly important in the big picture...this is excactly why i defer to Avalon...to determine his integrity.

Bill's personal offenses to me...are not my problem anymore either... He can talk to my husband...or ..he will probably just ignore it...due to my insignificanece

Much..has been alluded to my need for cojolling .....

Yes...i have a need to be treated with soft gloves...

Yes i find myself wanting to be surrounded by people who love and support me.

Especialy while i feel that i am tied to the whipping post...

This might seem to fall into the catagory of "playing the victim" ...i can assure anyone who is reading...i dont play victim.

If i use the "victim card" it is because i feel victimized.

If i am wrong...i will admit it.

And that is key isnt it...admitting one is wrong... without that there is no lesson...no learning...just ego driving all actions.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

Brodie75 (1st March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), NancyV (1st March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), WhiteStar (2nd March 2011)

29. Link to Post #239
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,634 times in 412 posts

Richard,
    you perform a great service here at Avalon. I for one thank you for the many thankless hours you contribute. I'd have a beer with you and listen to Pink Floyd any day. Hug that wife of yours!

30. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Chuck For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), Calz (3rd March 2011), Fractalius (2nd March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), Huma (2nd March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), Jendayi (2nd March 2011), Lettherebelight (1st March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), mrmalco (3rd March 2011), NancyV (1st March 2011), Peta Babkama Luruba Anaku (1st March 2011), ROMANWKT (2nd March 2011), Sebastion (1st March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), transitionalman (2nd March 2011), Zook (1st March 2011)

31. Link to Post #240
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Chuck, I can tell you that most of the mods/admins here put in 30-60 hour weeks on this forum.

Richard always leads by example.
    Fred

32. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

Ahkenaten (1st March 2011), aikisaw (1st March 2011), AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), bilko (1st March 2011), Burke (1st March 2011), Calz (3rd March 2011), Chuck (2nd March 2011), Gardener (1st March 2011), GoldenYears (1st March 2011), Icecold (1st March 2011), InCiDeR (1st March 2011), Isthatso (2nd March 2011), K626 (2nd March 2011), Lettherebelight (1st March 2011), Limor Wolf (2nd March 2011), Lord Sidious (1st March 2011), modwiz (1st March 2011), mrmalco (3rd March 2011), NancyV (1st March 2011), ROMANWKT (2nd March 2011), Sebastion (1st March 2011), Selene (2nd March 2011), sepia (1st March 2011), sheddie (2nd March 2011), slvrfx (1st March 2011), watchZEITGEISTnow (2nd March 2011), Whitehaze (1st March 2011), winnasboy (2nd March 2011), witchy1 (1st March 2011), yaksuit (1st March 2011), Zook (1st March 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 12 16 LastLast