Closed Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst 1 28 38 48 60 LastLast

Thread: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

1. Link to Post #741
    England Avalon Member SKIBADABOMSKI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 times in 458 posts

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Ski-
    Last edited by SKIBADABOMSKI; 3rd March 2011 at 18:49.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SKIBADABOMSKI For This Post:

Ancient (4th March 2011), Carmody (3rd March 2011), DarkOne (4th March 2011), Fred Steeves (3rd March 2011), granny (3rd March 2011), Isthatso (3rd March 2011), kaatje (3rd March 2011), Lettherebelight (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011), Nate (4th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #742
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 times in 419 posts

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Quote Posted by slvrfx (here)
    I've been reading these posts all day, and believe me, I've been pondering the whole thing, starting with the events of yesterday that seem to be the catalyst. This is my conclusion-

Ever feel like you're being swept away by a raging river, and even though you know you could take some drastic, (or not so drastic) measure, and free yourself of the power that's controlling you, for some reason you just know there's something way bigger at play, so you do nothing and just go with it?

From what I've seen since I became a member, Celine, Richard, and Bill are all intelligent people, so none of them went into this blindly. It's almost as if some huge hand reached down from the sky, like some puppet-master, and manipulated these three, and I will go a step further and purpose that there's a way bigger picture. (No, I don't mean trolls sneaking around, or evil agents whose sole purpose is to disrupt.)

Celine knew that if she put it out there, in the open, the comments she made about Bill not keeping his word with her, and how he's a different person in the public then he is in private, and how the mods have been putting up with a lot behind the scenes, that she was opening herself up to criticism and ridicule, but also calling upon herself the wrath of Bill. And yet she forged ahead.

Richard, the man who always represented to me the epitome of calmness, loses his professionalism with the one thing that I, frankly, was shocked to see him do, and with very little provocation...he cursed and banished a member who was provoking his wife.

And Bill...usually cool, calm, and collected, the master of balance, keeping the peace, giving all but the most hardened violators the boot...he, banishes Richard who has volunteered way beyond what any normal person would do, giving his best to running Avalon in a professional way, for how many years?

I don't know about anybody else, but this just doesn't make any sense to me, and that's why I couldn't even figure out how I felt about this.

Confused to say the least.

It's like someone put a script into each of their hands, and by some sub-conscious plan, they all just played their parts, like actors/actress on some stage.

I know that in my life there have been situations just like this, where some unseen force took me by the hand and led me down the path, and in my zone, I actually felt safe and secure that if I played the part, all would eventually end up in the exact place it needed to be.

That's the only conclusion I can come up with.

This is meant to be.

Bill will find himself, in one month's time (or there-abouts), in a different place then he was right before this happened, and of course, so will Richard and Celine.

In that time frame in the future, when it becomes all too apparent where the end result of this exercise has taken us, let us remember March 1st and 2nd, 2011.
    This was my only post late yesterday afternoon, on the earth-shaking situation, and all I can say today, is that I'm glad that I could be the catalyst that Bill used in deciding he needed to open up to us and share what's been happening behind the scenes.

I sense what the future is bringing, and I stand by what I wrote in this post.

I reported accurately what I was witnessing, but it was only limited to what was being revealed, so I thank Bill profusely for being forthright.

But it's not over.

This is the essential cleansing process, and all who are paying attention know this.

Bill needs to be very careful, for he has left himself vulnerable and exposed, but this is KEY to what happens ultimately to the good people here in Avalon.

"Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing."

There's only ONE person I trust, for his voice is the same resonance and tone as mine.

(Now, let's watch closely, and learn.)

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to slvrfx For This Post:

blake (3rd March 2011), Gardener (3rd March 2011), GoldenYears (3rd March 2011), Inanna (3rd March 2011), jcocks (3rd March 2011), jorr lundstrom (4th March 2011), Lifesong (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Revere (3rd March 2011), Shikasta (4th March 2011), sleepy (3rd March 2011), Sunshine (4th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #743
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Errrr Mr. Davis old chap,

You signed as .....It looks like Mr Ryan is self-communicating

Sincerely,
    Mr. Ryan
    3/3/11
    Hello IceCold,

Thank you for pointing out my typo, as others have done. I did just edit it to read, correctly, "Mr. Davis".
    I guess Mr. Ryan was truly in my thoughts as I posted that to make such a mistake.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

NancyV (3rd March 2011), Nate (4th March 2011), SHAPE (3rd March 2011)

7. Link to Post #744
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,024 times in 3,784 posts

To use the Alice in Wonderland comparison further upstream, Bill is probably feeling a bit like the Mad Hatter right now, I'm sure ,after a long unhappy unbirthday party. I'm not given to nosing about in other peoples energy but depleted seems to be an appropriate word to use for him right now. I think it would be a kindness to allow him a few days rest and re stabilization without demanding answers that probably can't really be answered to everyone's satisfaction at the moment.

We're adults aren't we Scawlet, can we keep Avalanta from burning the next few days and perhaps just idle about with less inflammatory topics for a time until we get our balance back. We can, I know we can Mizzy Scawlet, its not like birthin' babies. So can make this whole matter Gone with the Wind.

There's such thing as spiritual blood line in addition to physical bloodlines. Some people arrange to incarnate right when the two intersect each other. I did.

Quote Posted by blake (here)
    Quote Posted by Star Gazer (here)
    If Bill is King Arthur who is Charles? Merlin? Lancelot? Mordred?

Allegorically speaking of course.
    Hello Star Gazer,

I think you may have miread or misinterpreted Mr. Ryan's post; or did I? Did Mr Ryan write that he was actually the reincarnation of KIng Author, or just might have ancestral bloodline conncections?

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis
    3/3/11

8. Link to Post #745
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

I looked through the worm tongue thread earlier and still am clueless to most of it. I wasn't reading the original threads as they were live a few days ago and never came across Gypsy Woman or any of her posts so i can't really comment on a lot of what has been said. I've been a long time viewer of the forums. I've been watching Project Camelot videos since 2008 and i read the old Avalon forum but i was never a member. I do agree with Celine being hard to follow at times, then again when most people say things like

"Tie yourself to the mast my friend, and the storm will end"

See the beauty in life.

and that's it lol. It can be a bit annoying. Most of that stuff just goes waaaay over most people's heads and i get the sentiments behind it, you all want to love each other and kiss and cuddle and hug and live in a happy world but in real life people don't talk like that. People say what is on there mind, they don't reply with a few words then start talking in tongues or saying quotes that has everyone puzzled. That's why i liked the Charles videos because he is a straight talker. That's how people talk in real life, they don't think about every single word their about to say and they don't beat around the bush.

Having said that i'm sitting at my keyboard, i'm feeling a lot of negative energies coming at me. It could the problems here, it could be my appetite and the fact i'm hungry. Who knows. Bill Ryan i think there is only one way for you to truly solve all the problems here at Avalon. I think i speak for all the members here in saying that you must post all of your Jordan Maxwell At The Vatican videos. There is no other way Bill infact don't even mull it over with a cup of tea. Just get the video file, upload to youtube or a file sharing site and let the tensions dissolve. You'll feel better aswell for doing it infact that's why i suggested it because i'm thinking of you and your stress levels.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kooky For This Post:

Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Realeyes (3rd March 2011)

10. Link to Post #746
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chicodoodoo (here)
    After reading all these posts, I am wondering if a "three strikes" policy should be in place before a member is actually banned permanently. The first strike might be a temporary banning of two weeks, the second a ban of two months, and the third a permanent ban.

It does seem unfair that Richard is kicked out after all of his volunteer service to Avalon. It also seems unfair that there is no moderation mechanism that can be applied to Avalon's "benevolent dictator", Bill Ryan, when he decides to ban someone. Given that other moderators (that may have an inside view of things) may also abandon ship over the extreme punishment (permanent banning) that is applied to a first infraction, a "three strikes" policy might be a useful change to the rules.

Many infractions are surely a result of misunderstandings, which are so easy given the written medium we work with here. And if there is a deliberate attempt to divide and destroy Avalon, through a false-flag or psy-ops or other means, a "three strikes" policy would give Avalon some additional resiliency.

We know the "elite rulers of the world" may have good reason to destroy Avalon. We may have just witnessed such an attempt without being aware of it. Divide and conquer is their method. A "three strikes" policy could help Avalon withstand such meddling in the future.
    I support this idea fully. From time to time I post something hastily or full of emotion and the next day I look back at the post and realize how much it actually DOESN'T represent what I feel. I suspect this may be the case for many of us on PA. I find myself in said situation right now, as earlier in this thread(yesterday) I made a post that was very critical of Celine. In short, I basically judged her as being combative and a polarizing force of sorts. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for those comments, as I watch whats happening on Avalon and see that I've become part of the problem. Its very easy to say things like "engage your brain before your keyboard", a bit more difficult for people like myself who can get fired up quickly under the right circumstances. At times I can be combative and polarizing myself, hypocritical of me to say such things. Thus is the way of the world I guess, my own view of the world ebbs and flows like water in a bay, as do my opinions sometimes on fixed subjects and situations. I do not believe this to be a flaw, just the way things are, I believe the universe to be the same way. Dual and opposing realities coexisting= our perspective shapes all and our perspectives tend to ebb and flow as well. Maybe we should all have a coke and a smile and detach a bit from these topics for awhile, shake that imaginary weight off our shoulders and start refreshed?
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Beth (4th March 2011), Brodie75 (3rd March 2011), Chicodoodoo (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Mystique (3rd March 2011), Realeyes (3rd March 2011), Selene (3rd March 2011), Sierra (4th March 2011)

12. Link to Post #747
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

This is basically a response to Bill, but I believe will resonate with quite a few other people here- which is why I'm posting it to the forum rather than PMing.

Bill- if I could open up my brain and let you crawl inside I would, because that's the only way you will ever really know how much respect and admiration I have for you. We'd probably both have a fairly good cry afterwards. I'm clearly not alone on this forum in holding you in that high regard. I don't doubt that the moderators who have recently decided to step down also have very great respect for who you are and what you've done. The problem, my friend, is that of late the situation sometimes seems more akin to Theoden under the spell of Grima Wormtongue and Sauruman than that of Arthur at the roundtable.

The question of whether Charles has come here to help us build something new or to tear apart our efforts to do so has been and continues to be the crux of the matter. After two months of investigating that question to the best of my ability, I still don't know. The question has been argued back and forth for so long that it almost seems pointless to argue it further, and yet it remains the heart of the matter.

As with any scientific investigation, one cannot prove the veracity of any given hypothesis. One can only falsify one hypothesis and show evidence which is better explained by another. Also, when direct evidence is unavailable, it becomes necessary to examine effects which are observable and infer cause. That can, of course, be viewed as being "nit picky". It could also be viewed as a sincere effort to get to the bottom of a very deep and potentially dangerous rabbit hole.

After putting in about eight hours a day since the day I joined going through the Charles material, I'm still not a tenth of the way through it. So, some of my observations may indeed be contradicted by other evidence. Given the current turmoil, however, I feel sharing what I've come up with so far is warranted.

1-As previously stated in this post
    Quote Posted by Hawkwind (here)
    If the intent of Charles' suggestion to raise some money to help one of our members was actually to initiate some sort of broader movement which Aubrey had confirmed would have far reaching consequences, then the gravity of the issue should have prompted him to discuss it directly with Bill rather than go through intermediaries. That isn't what happened, so I find it incredibly difficult to believe that the real purpose of this incident is as Charles has described it. It feels much more like a set up, the true purpose of which remains unclear. It could be, as Inelia has suggested, an attempt to shift the focus of Avalon into the sphere of finance, which would make it far easier for the elites to control. It could be, as several people have suggested, an attempt to create division among our community. The fact that it has led to several people calling for a re-structuring of Avalon's decision making process, however, leads me to believe that this was its intent from the start.
    2-Charles first claimed he asked people to tell him their eye color because it would give him insight into their character. Later he claimed that the purpose was to make us self aware of our composure. At the very least this shows that some degree of dishonesty and manipulation is taking place.

3-Charls first claimed that the plan was his master's and he didn't have the details of it. He later claimed that the plan was his and had his master's approval. To the best of my knowledge, no explanation of this discrepancy has ever been given.

4-Charles first post on the Atticus account(prior to him revealing his identity) was this:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...7148#post97148

The lyrics to this song are available here:
    http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.n...256BC1002793A3

Not to read too much into someone's taste in music, but does this strike you as something someone who has come to help would post or someone who is gloating over the perceived helplessness of an intended victim, particularly when held in relation to this excerpt from a subsequent post:
    Quote Posted by Atticus (here)
    Well it's proved one thing so far your predictable prey.
    5- If Charles is being straight with us, then there would be powerful people with a vested interest in disrupting his efforts here. If he isn't being straight with us, then the most likely explanation for his presence would be to be disruptive himself. Either way, trained agent provocateurs would likely be planted in the forum. This most definitely appears to be the case, in that several people who joined the forum after Charles' arrival have seemed intentionally disruptive. If Charles is who he says he is, it seems to me he would have the wherewithal to identify and put an end to these efforts, should he so desire. For whatever reason, that hasn't happened.

6-If Charles is a benevolent force in this equation, then given his background as an expert problem solver, we might expect to see some marked improvement in the functioning of the forum. If he is here to bring Avalon down, on the other hand, we might expect increased disruption and discord. Should the latter be true and in light of what Inelia has called his "off the charts" psychic abilities, we might also expect to see some seemingly erratic and completely out of character behavior from some of our core people.

Which theory is better supported by the observable evidence?

In response to- " if anyone does not like me, my style, my values, my principles, my stand on anything and everything, or the way I try my best to lead this team by setting an example everywhere I go, then damn you, and leave now."

My allegiance is to the ideals and principles upon which Avalon is based, the same ideals and principles which you have fought so long and hard to uphold and protect. It seems to many that we have gotten somewhat off course in pursuit of that quest of late. I don't see it as wise to institute a democratic restructuring of decision making at this time. Neither do I see it as wise to close all discussion of the issue with a "my way or the highway" type ultimatum. From my perspective, we've got some problems that need to be dealt with and some grievances that need to be aired. I have been and will continue to attempt to facilitate that process to the best of my ability. If you or members here don't see that as constructive, let me know and I'll either redirect my efforts or take them elsewhere.

I'm very sorry that recent events have been so hard on you, Bill and humble apologies if anything I've done or failed to do added to your burden. I guess we're all doing the best we can with the cards we've got. I sincerely believe we'll get through this and come out of it stronger than we were. I will in any case continue to work toward that end.

Namaste

Rick

Addendum- I don't feel retracting this post would at this point be appropriate. However, I likely wouldn't have posted it had I first read Burke's post https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...605#post163605 and I will endeavor to make any future posts more in line with the wisdom he expressed. Again, I can't thank you enough for your words. They well and truly floored me.
    Last edited by Hawkwind; 3rd March 2011 at 19:37.

13. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

aikya (3rd March 2011), blake (3rd March 2011), Brodie75 (3rd March 2011), Chicodoodoo (3rd March 2011), DarkOne (4th March 2011), Donna O (3rd March 2011), Flash (3rd March 2011), golden lady (3rd March 2011), Inanna (3rd March 2011), kevlor (4th March 2011), Kimberley (3rd March 2011), Koyaanisqatsi (3rd March 2011), Maria Stade (3rd March 2011), Mystique (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011), ponda (4th March 2011), qbeac (3rd March 2011), Reinhard (3rd March 2011), Revere (3rd March 2011), Ruby L. (4th March 2011), Selene (3rd March 2011), Shikasta (4th March 2011), sleepy (3rd March 2011), Steph (3rd March 2011), Sunshine (4th March 2011), Whiskey_Mystic (3rd March 2011), write4change (3rd March 2011)

14. Link to Post #748
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

Well, to say that this has been an interesting few days would be quite an understatement! Painful, yes. Necessary, absolutely.

Many here have spoken about "divide and conquer" or "divide and rule". It appears to me more of a case of spiritual math: "divide and multiply".

A little story here...My ex-husband and I had some communication problems. When I would say something, he'd look at me like I had two heads and both of them were speaking gibberish. I learned to rephrase, over and over again, sometimes over a period of days. At some point, he would finally get it and would say, "why didn't you just say that to begin with?" Well, I had. It just wasn't said in a manner he could understand. We all communicate differently.

To me what appears to be happening is people are re-grouping...moving around to find not only like-minded people, but those who communicate in the same way. Through all of what has happened here, each person has stated a desire to protect Avalon and the "magic" that happens here. The disagreement seems to be about how best to accomplish that, and hence the "battle" for control.

There are many paths to the same goal. Those who have left are blazing their own trail, their own path to the same goal and will attract others...and so more people awaken and grow and learn, drawn by what resonates with them.

Just my thoughts.....
    Last edited by Belle; 3rd March 2011 at 15:54.

15. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

9eagle9 (3rd March 2011), Ami (3rd March 2011), Carmody (3rd March 2011), Flash (3rd March 2011), Gardener (3rd March 2011), golden lady (3rd March 2011), GoldenYears (3rd March 2011), Hawkwind (3rd March 2011), Lifesong (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Maria Stade (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011), Reinhard (3rd March 2011), sheddie (3rd March 2011), Shikasta (4th March 2011)

16. Link to Post #749
    United States Avalon Member granny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tuza (here)
    Well, got have me say. I do think it was a huge mistake on Richard's part to allow his wife access to the mod area and any other area that is only allowed for admin or mods. As much as she is your life partner and all the rest, that in itself has caused a huge sh.t storm and put you between a rock and a hard place Richard, think about next time and stand up to what you think is best for what your administering in future. And dont say it didnt cause problems because it bloody well did. I am not going into the he said, she said........but if Celine was informing Charles stuff on the phone, gossiping on chat, blocking other members from chat or getting her hubby to do it, that's not f...gin on. I know I couldnt access her profile page, that was obviously you doing that Richard..................not friggin good imho, very unprofessional.

That's my say about that but dont think I wont open my big mouth soon about other stuff, just me. You shouldn't be banning people for trying to inform members of the truth Bill, so your all wrong, the three of you, all of you have made mistakes and that's that. (Penguin time)
    I have heard this mentioned before on the board ... could you please explain (Penguin time)?
    Thanks Gran
    Think Or Be Eaten

17. Link to Post #750
    Thanks

People please! This is getting ridiculous..
    For people who claim we are "enlightened" and spiritual, there sure seems to be vast amounts of immature and childlike behaviour in this forum at present.
    In my opinion Bill is like the pillar of this forum, unwavering and resolute at all times. He executes his mission admirably and does not deserve all the sh*t that he gets thrown at him.

Certain people here seem to like inciting drama for no obvious reason, and I would assume the reason is due to the infamous small-man complex. Being given a certain amount of "power" in an arena that they deem to be very important, invariably results in that they develop a greatly oversized ego.

Why do we not just stick to the task at hand, namely the sharing and discussing of alternative information rather than participating in a soap-opera of ad-hominems and character defilements?!

To Bill Ryan: Keep up the good work! You have done nothing wrong and should not apologize. This is your ship (as it where) and you should have full "veto-rights" =)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CyRus For This Post:

Inanna (3rd March 2011), kaatje (3rd March 2011), Koyaanisqatsi (3rd March 2011), SEAM (3rd March 2011)

19. Link to Post #751
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 times in 315 posts

I find it rather interesting, how this dust up quite mirrors, in micro scale, our wish for disclosure in all its many forms.

Secrets always come to light. I believe the term of the week, perhaps even month, is Transparency.

I am positive that I am not alone in my wish to see further Transparency here on Avalon.

Let this be a lesson well learned.

Trust is always to be earned, never given blindly.

Last edited by 000; 3rd March 2011 at 16:31.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 000 For This Post:

Brodie75 (3rd March 2011), InCiDeR (4th March 2011), Maria Stade (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011), yaksuit (3rd March 2011)

21. Link to Post #752
    Thanks

The fact that Bill was 'called on' for quoting his post from the 'New Sanctum' tells me that Bill's side of the story is true, not that I ever doubted it.

Thanks, Bill, for telling the whole story and clearing everything up. You're doing a great job as you always have done. This was just another bump in the road and now, hopefully, we can continue on our journey. Just remember that you've got far more friends here than enemies.
    We Are The World

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to quench For This Post:

humanalien (3rd March 2011), Isthatso (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011), slvrfx (3rd March 2011), Steph (3rd March 2011)

23. Link to Post #753
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Time for a little light reading perhaps.

'It may be that in the not too distant future the mass of humanity will at last conclude that truth is more interesting than delusion.'

'Heather sat at her home SoftScreen (..) She had found reason in her time to find ways past censoring software before. And having access to a Wormcam of her own was a powerful motivation.'

'"What is this, Hiram? Why have you brought us here?" "Quite a place, isn't it?", Hiram grinned.'

The story of the Wormcam, a cross between a webcam and a wormhole that lets you see any place any time for ultimate transparency, living on the 'floodlit stage'.

- "The Light of Other Days' by Arthur C. Clarke & Stephen Baxter, HarperCollins, 2000.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

granny (3rd March 2011), Lifesong (3rd March 2011), Maria Stade (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011)

25. Link to Post #754
    Thanks

No I cannot imagine someone , anyone, doing what Bill does and having to sleep in their car. With all the members here in nearly every country, in every state, spread all across the globe, I'm sure that we would have no problems creating a host system for Bill. And Kerry too as well. It would save them money for one.

When I travel away from home i have host families and individuals that I stay with many of them from internet forums i have haunted. Some have even arranged for me to be comped into a pretty danged nice hotel for free. I prefer staying with the families though. Its fun, and it connects us. I host visiting medicine people and its never never a hardship to provide a bed, a meal, we have a few laughs, a couple of drinks, and a few adventures. Sometimes I host alone or I have the support of other people in the area, who offer to take the visitor out to see a local attraction or an excursion. Or dinner or whatever. It's FUN. (a delight compared to carting around howling petulant teenagers )

Many would be pleased and honored to do so, Bill. Think about it.

Quote Posted by blake (here)
    Hello Mr. Ryan,

I am not privy to the inner world of Avalon, and have just been putting my toe in the water for the past couple of months, trying to get a feel for it. The water, although warm and interesting also seem to have many unknown fish swimming about that I really couldn’t identify if they were dolphins, great white sharks, or anything inbetween? Coming aboard with the “Charles material”, and never having been on a forum before, I was testing the waters the best I could, and observing the best I could. The “Charles Material” did not help induce “trust” as it was, to me, quite frustrating to read especially with what I perceived as all the “tease” as to all this material that “Charles” was going to share. So for me, I was not sure about how honest any of this all was; and I was trying to put on the scale of truth what I was experiencing there. Then two days ago, when I logged on the forum to find Miss Celine’s thread, and witnessing the raging storm, it did sadden me, and it did tilt the scales of truth, for me, to the negative.

I so very much appreciate your very long post. I can’t imagine not sleeping all night, and having the ability to write such a long, detailed and coherent post. Thank you. It certainly helped balance out my scale of truth.

I am so very sorry that you had to endure so much. And indeed, it does appear that Moderator Richard did have his three strikes against him, and you did not act as hastily as I first concluded.

Mr. Ryan, I can’t imagine you having to sleep in your car. With all your admirers and contacts across the world, I would imagine all you would have to post is that you will be in a certain area and would appreciate some hospitality. Let me extend my open invitation to you, should you, and those you are traveling with, ever be in my neck of the woods, just pm me, and I can offer you a private, comfortable room, as you go about your work, or rest; and I can offer you as much home cooking as you desire. The thoughts that you would ever have to spend the night in a car, does not speak well for how our community works.

So if I have never said it before, and I probably haven’t, thank you for all your work, and dedication. What I know for sure is that I couldn’t do what you do, and apparently you do it all so grandly.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Davis
    3/3/11

26. Link to Post #755
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Time for a little light reading perhaps.

'It may be that in the not too distant future the mass of humanity will at last conclude that truth is more interesting than delusion.'

'Heather sat at her home SoftScreen (..) She had found reason in her time to find ways past censoring software before. And having access to a Wormcam of her own was a powerful motivation.'

'"What is this, Hiram? Why have you brought us here?" "Quite a place, isn't it?", Hiram grinned.'

The story of the Wormcam, a cross between a webcam and a wormhole that lets you see any place any time for ultimate transparency, living on the 'floodlit stage'.

- "The Light of Other Days' by Arthur C. Clarke & Stephen Baxter, HarperCollins, 2000.

This is a perfect example of what i was talking about.

What on earth has that got to do with the thread? lol.

27. Link to Post #756
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

With respect it has got quite a lot to do with subjects discussed on this thread and chilling out may reduce your negative energy levels too. I see however that the subject now seems to be B&B for Bill which is also very positive
    Last edited by araucaria; 3rd March 2011 at 19:18.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Donna O (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011)

29. Link to Post #757
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Interestingly I find myself quoting me, because this seems appropriate:

"I very much enjoyed a quote Bill included in a response to a question of mine. The quote was from Richard Hoagland, about how the lie is different at every level.

I have been keenly following the Q&A for Charles and you(Bill), and it seemed like something was eluding me all the time concerning the fundamental issue of debating there. I could not think of basically anything to say that would not add gasoline to the flames. Add: situation repeating in this thread, although easing

One morning it struck me: so is the truth. The truth is different at every level(Add: I think we all have our individual level). Bunch of people - me included off course - feeling that they govern a good grasp of the truth and act on the basis of it. It seems that perhaps we all are grasping for a truth - mistaking it for the truth."

Could we all cut all of us some slack, Bill foremost, if he(or what has also been the case with Atticus) does not reply fast enough or is absent for awhile or does not keep repeating good intentions all the time, could we have the patience to not start second guessing them and thinking the worst of them?

Bill for example several weeks ago made a fine case about the developmental phases of any endeavour - I guess we are still storming and while doing it, we might just as well acknowledge the things that can be happening at that time. I find that post still very appropriate.
    Bills post:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ing#post126514
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 3rd March 2011 at 16:41.

30. Link to Post #758
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by SKIBADABOMSKI (here)

Sorry edited post. Had to think of something instead of a wasted gap.

Ski-
    Your spelling error is the perfect Freudian slip. Please don't change it.

This onion is getting peeled. For all the right reasons.

In public. As it needs be. Monkey see, monkey do.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

000 (3rd March 2011), Ami (3rd March 2011), An Cailleach (3rd March 2011), Belle (3rd March 2011), Bluebird (3rd March 2011), Gardener (3rd March 2011), golden lady (3rd March 2011), InCiDeR (4th March 2011), jcocks (3rd March 2011), Lettherebelight (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Mystique (3rd March 2011), Ruby L. (4th March 2011), SKIBADABOMSKI (4th March 2011), Sunshine (4th March 2011)

32. Link to Post #759
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

This thread has left me feeling sick. I choose what I read on this forum with care but this concerned Bill Ryan so I felt I had to follow it. I could add my comments to the fray but they would serve no good purpose so I will simply say that I am sorry some of the moderators have felt they must resign and, in some cases surprised, but I am with Bill on this one and look forward to moving forward ...

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Bluebird (3rd March 2011), humanalien (3rd March 2011), Isthatso (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), NancyV (3rd March 2011)

34. Link to Post #760
    Thanks

Rick said it best. There were no cloaks and daggers. Most of what we needed to know was observable right here on the board. Making an observation is not a judgment. When people remind you every day they are ruled by their passions are we shocked they don't apply critical thinking skills? When we get emotionally tied in and identified with things that are external are we shocked we stop using logic?

Our emotions will walk us right into a wall if we aren't careful. Whose fault is that the person who can't rein in their emotions or the person who is subjected to the emotion. I think before we begin instructing others we need to do some self excavation and see how we are conducting ourselves. I include myself in those numbers, since I've found myself engaging in a great deal of eye rolling over things that normally don't blip on my radar. Snarky remarks unsaid but just because I havent' vocalized them doesnt' mean they don't exist and I'm on the threshold of giving form to something that doesn't need to be given substance. A great show was put on and the people most damaged by it were the audience that was crucified for observing they were watching a show. A program. A script. And if we want honesty and transparency we have to start being honest with ourselves and admit we've seen it all before.

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst 1 28 38 48 60 LastLast