Closed Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 60 LastLast

Thread: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

1. Link to Post #261
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 times in 202 posts

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Ideas for Reconciliation (I hate naming names, don't know another way):
    1. Gypsy Woman's initial one month ban/suspended sentence reinstated. Strike two.
    2. Relieve Richard of MOD duties for one month to allow for stress reduction/perspective.
    3. '5 for fighting' for Lee-B, Celine, and Richard - 1 week in the sin bin.
    4. Avalon MOD staff recommitted to enforcing or clarifying of beefing up rules of public behavior as needed.
    OK - don't shoot the messenger. Just offering my version of a 'fair' shake out of the events as I saw them. Disclaimer - I'm vague on the specific details of the root causes, so anyone else's ideas may be different. I only want to see healing.

2. Link to Post #262
    Australia Avalon Member TWINNICK's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: An important announcement following the closure of the WORM TONGUE thread

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)
    Yes Nick, we are very aware about wot you are talking about. Dont think we are

unaffected in our little cottage. Lot of funny and not so funny things happening

all the time. But its just expected. If you stick your neck out, there is always someone

who goes for it. Wots happening right now is no joke. And I fret its just the beginning.

Am I being misunderstood here, did you think I was making a joke about whats going on in the world or what?

when you stick your neck out as you say one does not need his own people to go for it, we are on the same side are we not?

..Nick..

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TWINNICK For This Post:

Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011)

4. Link to Post #263
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

commercial break

It would be good if people poped along to the "Enlightenment: Ego what is it? How to transcend" thread

If you do please start page one, years of work in it by many contributors.
    Some part pasted from AV 1

The answer lies there.

The ego will of course disagree.

Mine kicks and shouts and screams.
    Still work in progress but I know what it is up to.

Namaste
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

5. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

5thElement (2nd March 2011), Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), Ami (2nd March 2011), An Cailleach (2nd March 2011), Caren (2nd March 2011), Carmody (2nd March 2011), Celine (2nd March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (2nd March 2011), Dorok (2nd March 2011), Flash (3rd March 2011), Fredkc (2nd March 2011), Gardener (2nd March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd March 2011), Mystique (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), Neal (2nd March 2011), pickle (2nd March 2011), pilotsimone (3rd March 2011), Revere (2nd March 2011), sandy (3rd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), sllim11 (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), sygh (3rd March 2011), TigerLilly (2nd March 2011), TWINNICK (2nd March 2011), ulli (2nd March 2011), wolf_rt (2nd March 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011)

6. Link to Post #264
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    it wasn't psyops, it was new mooners in the highest energy of the month...

This is a gathering of the gifted and we need a moon Calendar on the main page...
    Thanks Rocky, perhaps an astro chart as well. Believe or not, mine has told warned me about posting the last few days, and even though I have been up to my hips in it more than once, I have had to erase a few posts and communiques before I hit the button. It gave me a better handle on myself. (I know there are a few out there that wishes I had even better control). But I paid $9 for the whole year of daily personal horoscopes, maybe Bill could have a platinum membership to include something like this, even make the cost $12 and give a devote a thread or chat to those who do. Anybody for this?
    *jj ducks behind a couch just in case many don't* [
    Last edited by jjl; 2nd March 2011 at 17:05.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjl For This Post:

Donna O (2nd March 2011), sandy (3rd March 2011), ulli (2nd March 2011)

8. Link to Post #265
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

maybe people need to have a text box open next to the browser there so they can type thier emotionaly driven posts there first , then take a breath and decide wither or not to cut and paste it into forum post box

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (2nd March 2011), Icecold (2nd March 2011), Isostool (3rd March 2011)

10. Link to Post #266
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    So no ideas?
    Just more bunfights?
    Are we not tired of it yet?
    If not, turn the internet off and go watch the wrestling or something, at least that is all fake.
    This isn't, we are taking real casualties to our members.
    How about some ideas towards solutions?
    When I brought up the monkey wrench analogy I also meant to say that some situations are so complex they can't ever be prevented.
    If it were so then humanity would stand still, locked into the precedent paradigm.

Some very astute members here started challenging Celine
    during the last few days about her vagueness. At first I thought some of it was unfair and possibly unfounded.
    But justified, or not- if that had happened to me I would have done some serious
    soul searching. Or sincerely ask for further clarification.
    It didn't happen. When she didn't come back with some nasty snide remark
    she chose to ignore all those hints and warnings.
    And on her way out, right after she promised not to reveal what she "knew"
    about Bill she still kept on throwing little hand grenades
    over her shoulder in her effort to trip him up.
    Disgusting! I'm not a fan of surgery, but some cancers need to be removed before they take over.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Buchanan561 (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Maria Stade (2nd March 2011), NancyV (2nd March 2011), Sebastion (2nd March 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011)

12. Link to Post #267
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by Dorok (here)
    Ideas for Reconciliation (I hate naming names, don't know another way):
    1. Gypsy Woman's initial one month ban/suspended sentence reinstated. Strike two.
    2. Relieve Richard of MOD duties for one month to allow for stress reduction/perspective.
    3. '5 for fighting' for Lee-B, Celine, and Richard - 1 week in the sin bin.
    4. Avalon MOD staff recommitted to enforcing or clarifying of beefing up rules of public behavior as needed.
    OK - don't shoot the messenger. Just offering my version of a 'fair' shake out of the events as I saw them. Disclaimer - I'm vague on the specific details of the root causes, so anyone else's ideas may be different. I only want to see healing.
    Some of these are a lot less than we face now and a couple of them are damn good.
    This is what we need to do, focus on positive and draw that in.
    Who is next?

13. Link to Post #268
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 times in 828 posts

As I said yesterday...Avalon will continue and I never had one nanosecond of doubt about that.

I have been here since AV1 and have seen the ups and downs (which are part of a learning cycle) and this always makes me aware that Avalon often mirrors life (but we can and do persue higher individual standards of integrity as much as we can). Being human and emotional vehicles this is not always possible, goals are there to be attained with time and thought and the journey is long (probably a little shorter for Greybeard and the likes of the former member Mudra )...We can all only hope in our small way to BRING THE LIGHT and the information and psychic cues that go with this task.

Bill you are quite the character and as some would say 'a bit of a geezer'. I am aware of your pain over the last couple of days. I have watched you over the years and I know your penchant for the unpredictable and the entertaining and I also note your legendary patience and goodwill (self-taught) and ocassionally the giveaways in your body language on camera. I know you, like us are on a journey, but I'd like to be selfish and ask you NOT to change.....

I like some of the other long time members will continue to keep things positive and on track, because WE are more aware and more indebted to Avalon and it not only the cross checking of data or finding the odd gem, there is a real sense of community here and many people of high karmic cycles and talents that are an eye opener.

I will miss the mods who are departing and thank them for all their time.

This was never going to be Avalons LAST STAND and if that also comes I KNOW WE ARE READY AND THAT WE WILL PREVAIL.

Be of light and embrace the change.

Lord JU JU Batticus Shamen.
    In all ages, in all lands, there have been those who seek truth. This seeking is an individual's search for something more than self, and much more than the confines of this worldly system. It is the seeker, who understands there is more than what meets the eye, who is not afraid and makes the choice to go into the unknown. The process of awaking has begun, the discovery is underway.
    Alan Watt

14. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to K626 For This Post:

Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), Chuck (3rd March 2011), ExHaLaTiON (4th March 2011), golden lady (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Isostool (3rd March 2011), Isthatso (2nd March 2011), JSGlasgow (2nd March 2011), magicmanx (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), pilotsimone (3rd March 2011), Realeyes (2nd March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), SteveX (2nd March 2011), sunflower (3rd March 2011), ulli (2nd March 2011), yaksuit (3rd March 2011), Yoda (2nd March 2011)

15. Link to Post #269
    Thanks

I was thinking a private thread not visible to nomembers where everyone is welcome to socialize, air problems anything not related to our search for the truth. When you turn the forum into a social networking site you can expect to attract troubles. This and all forums that deal with exposure need to be cautious about turning that focus away from the mission. So much paranoia out there yet when it's warranted discernment goes out the window to be popular and attract attention to oneself. This is not a personal attack on anyone, merely an observation regarding the internet in general.
    Layers upon Layers...when will people wake up and stop playing their game?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shairia For This Post:

Donna O (2nd March 2011), jjl (2nd March 2011)

17. Link to Post #270
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

I love these little tests.

Nothing would move ---without them.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

000 (2nd March 2011), Gardener (2nd March 2011), granny (2nd March 2011), Icecold (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), NancyV (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), oddly (2nd March 2011), pilotsimone (3rd March 2011), sandy (3rd March 2011), SKAWF (2nd March 2011), sygh (3rd March 2011), ulli (2nd March 2011), Yoda (2nd March 2011)

19. Link to Post #271
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,400 times in 4,618 posts

This should have been Oh Oh Freedom...well, anyway I hope this song helps you to overcome distances in your heart, also in between your hearts, and between many hearts ..

There are mysteries you shall not know,
    mountains you will not cross
    and cities you will not conquer .

They are path you shall never take ..

And we will sing for you

But beware the oceans power is wilder than thousands little powers ,
    bigger than mighty tigers might

According to the highest yoga tantra, there is no differece between service to other and service to self . According to the law of One, there's no abiding and no abiding. There's no difference between teaching and learning.

The highest state is free of delusion.

Truth, life and love, neither of those are 'but a joke' , I dare to remind you my-selves.

Agape

Why no more flags ..
    Last edited by Agape; 2nd March 2011 at 17:23.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

aikya (2nd March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (2nd March 2011), Isostool (3rd March 2011), Maria Stade (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011)

21. Link to Post #272
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

I have a challenge.
    For everyone, no exceptions, let's sort out the doers and the sayers.
    People like to think they are more advanced in some way here than others are out there, prove it.
    Go on, prove it to all of us.
    Quit the crap, the backbiting and all the other baggage we are all dragging with us and just prove it.
    This is meant to be a forum for study and discussion of topics to advance our knowledge.
    Yes, fighting and slanging matches teach us lessons, but I don't like to learn at that cost.

22. Link to Post #273
    United States Avalon Member jjl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 544 posts

I think without knowing the back story, that we cant decide what should happen to whom, that said, I really wish everybody could come back. I am new here and thought ALL involved have something to share with the group. IDK why, but if you watch the threads the fight breaks out every day at the same time. Maybe we all sit in front of our screens too long, makes us testy. Another idea; Avalon will let you only spend so much time in a room or on a thread and times you out for an hour. I'm sure it can happen, I've had enforced breaks from websites before. Anybody think much of this idea?
    Last edited by jjl; 2nd March 2011 at 17:17.

23. Link to Post #274
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    Quote Posted by John (here)
    Admins, (Richard, Beth, Luke, Fredkc)
    Have you ever read private emails of members that have not otherwise been passed to you through the normal PM system, or that were posted on the forum by others, or were posted on the forum in the moderator private discussion areas or that were sent to you as a result of someone using the abuse reporting system ?

Simple question.
    Simple answer: No.

Don't know how. Never looked into finding out how.
    (thought about it once. lasted about 5 seconds)
    Fred
    Thanks for the honest answer Fred (and also Beth earlier in this thread). However it also indicates another thing ... I would at least expect that Administrators are able to.
    (Not to embarrass anyone ... we're all learning here ... but it brings me to the next point)

And this is the very paradigm in this current civilization isn't it ? .... Who has still the complete insight in all the secrecy mess, who has still the power to control it
    and above all who has the integrity to withstand abuse of this power ?

Reminds me of Willy Wonka looking for a successor to take over the chocolate factory. It will be hard to pass all tests but we should not stop trying !

24. Link to Post #275
    France Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 times in 288 posts

Quote Posted by Fredkc (here)
    Quote Posted by John (here)
    Admins, (Richard, Beth, Luke, Fredkc)
    Have you ever read private emails of members that have not otherwise been passed to you through the normal PM system, or that were posted on the forum by others, or were posted on the forum in the moderator private discussion areas or that were sent to you as a result of someone using the abuse reporting system ?

Simple question.
    Simple answer: No.

Don't know how. Never looked into finding out how.
    (thought about it once. lasted about 5 seconds)
    Fred
    Fred
    You did go looking for Gypsy Woman on face book, did you not?
    And do tell the people here this Avatar you disply, not your real photo? right?

Ace
    Last edited by ace; 2nd March 2011 at 17:26.

25. Link to Post #276
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), AlkaMyst (2nd March 2011), bodixa (2nd March 2011), crosby (2nd March 2011), Flash (3rd March 2011), HURRITT ENYETO (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Isthatso (2nd March 2011), NancyV (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), Sebastion (2nd March 2011), Yoda (2nd March 2011)

27. Link to Post #277
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    I have a challenge.
    For everyone, no exceptions, let's sort out the doers and the sayers.
    People like to think they are more advanced in some way here than others are out there, prove it.
    Go on, prove it to all of us.
    Quit the crap, the backbiting and all the other baggage we are all dragging with us and just prove it.
    This is meant to be a forum for study and discussion of topics to advance our knowledge.
    Yes, fighting and slanging matches teach us lessons, but I don't like to learn at that cost.
    And when I meditate the void..it is the same void as yours.

The rest..well..it can get a bit, well...

dang ego. the closer I get to it..the more it freaks out and throws phantasms at 'me'. It gets very scared. After all, I'm threatening to sublimate an emotional and unthinking bodily interface edifice. The one we call the ego. I don't even realize it is happening, for the most part. I have to remind myself of it all the time. The ego does it's damnedest to prevent those thoughts from ever happening ...and will always try to remove them from memory. Usually it is successful, to some degree.

This forum is set on creeping up on it (ego). Whatever and however you and your monkey (ego) may decide to fight it.. ..that is indeed the underlying current at play. If one has never actually faced their ego they have no real idea how powerful it can be. It is the biggest challenge you own.

After all, it is the main mental interface component of the 'avatar interface' for the given soul.
    Last edited by Carmody; 2nd March 2011 at 17:30.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

000 (2nd March 2011), Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), Caterpillars Lens (2nd March 2011), Charlie Pecos (3rd March 2011), Chuck (3rd March 2011), Dorok (2nd March 2011), Flash (3rd March 2011), Gardener (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), pilotsimone (3rd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), sllim11 (2nd March 2011), wolf_rt (2nd March 2011)

29. Link to Post #278
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Post deleted by author.
    Last edited by Janos; 2nd March 2011 at 23:57. Reason: Post deleted by author.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Janos For This Post:

aikya (2nd March 2011), Belle (2nd March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), jjl (2nd March 2011), Kimberley (2nd March 2011), NancyV (2nd March 2011), Neal (2nd March 2011), Sierra (2nd March 2011), Steph (2nd March 2011), ulli (2nd March 2011), write4change (2nd March 2011)

31. Link to Post #279
    France Deactivated
    Thanks

I would really like to see Celine and Richard stay in the forum. I think they have contributed too much to let all that energy go to waste. This is a 'blip' in my view. A big one, but not big enough to distort the big picture....

That goes for Beth too. I would not like to see her go.

I think Lee-B and Gypsy Woman should get another chance to air their views, without barbs, innuendo or insults. One more strike and they're gone again, for good. I know their info has been deleted but Bill could create pseudonyms for them that we would all be aware of.

I feel that the most important thing here is to actually work through everything that has happened. Everything out in the open.

It's obvious that the Charles material is where all of this has started. Maybe we need to have another round of disclosure from Charles. Maybe we need Charles to be up front about whatever it is that Lee-B et al know about him.

This may not be helpful, but it's just my gut feeling on the mess, so please don't attack me anyone. I'm feeling fragile today due to food-poisoning or something ... maybe it's due to this mess.
    Last edited by An Cailleach; 2nd March 2011 at 18:33.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to An Cailleach For This Post:

Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), Icecold (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Jendayi (2nd March 2011), jjl (2nd March 2011), Lord Sidious (2nd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), Revere (2nd March 2011), sandy (3rd March 2011), sygh (3rd March 2011)

33. Link to Post #280
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fopa (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Celine (here)
    Admins can read pm's/// stop lying to ppl
    If the Avalon admins can read Private Messages, this is the first I've ever heard of it. I appreciate the confirmation. This may now explain a great deal to quite a few people.

The thought of deliberately looking into members' PMs had never occurred to me, and I did not think it was possible. You are correct: we are learning.
    Having 10+ years experience with forum software, the only way an admin could read PM's would be as follows:

Change the targeted users account password and log in as that user to read thier PM's (This could be checked via the recorded ip logs against the user.)

Second way, would be for the targeted user to give their password to an admin for them to login (again could be checked by logged ip)

Other ways would be via phpmyadmin or by querying the stored database, but high level admin access to the hosting account would be required to do so, logs would show this also if set up correctly and said person has not cleaned up after themselves.

Hope this helps and has not been posted ahead of the pages i have not read yet.
    You're completely negating the lower level SQL database software which can be queried, backed up and unencrypted offsite.

If I was an evil admin, I could backup the entire site, restore it to my own server elsewhere, and simply change everyone's password so I can view literally everything that has transpired.

But then again, I'm not an evil admin...

--sjkted

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

Ahkenaten (2nd March 2011), Icecold (2nd March 2011), InCiDeR (2nd March 2011), Isostool (3rd March 2011), Nate (3rd March 2011), Omni (2nd March 2011)

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 60 LastLast