+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change is the only constant.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Default Change is the only constant.

The one constant is change.

We are all essentially good people but when change occurs we can become subject to resistance.

My time here has seen many changes, some very difficult and some wonderful.

Bill warned us all of the coming influx of members when he released the Charles interview. Even tho we were told to be ready we were not fully clear on what that really meant. I speak for myself here, when I say that I was not up to speed or ready for the changes taking place other than the material I read and watched, as with all the members.

For the most part I was playing catch up, (whilst keeping my personal life balanced) trying to figure out what was more important…the energy of the forum or the material presented from Bills perspective. I soon found that I did not take to the material and endeavoured to keep the calm of which Avalon had been accustom too.

Often when we are use to “the way things are” we can become somewhat resistant to the differing energies that brings about change. I certainly did. I found it difficult to adjust to the energy difference as I felt the change occurring.

Being a Moderator through all this was not always easy and there were differences in opinions of what the forum should be in regards to ‘calm water’ versus, “let it flow” and see where it takes us.

My conclusions are:

All of this is ok and natural, as it is only change that occurs, it is how we adjust to that change that is important. I have learnt a great deal and am most grateful for the indirect lessons.

So here we are, witnessing change again…I say we let it flow and allow the waters to move without resistance.

Peace to you all.

Regards,

Ross

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

000 (3rd March 2011), Anchor (3rd March 2011), astrid (3rd March 2011), Beth (3rd March 2011), bluestflame (3rd March 2011), Carmody (3rd March 2011), Caterpillars Lens (3rd March 2011), chelmostef (3rd March 2011), crosby (3rd March 2011), DianeKJ (3rd March 2011), Icecold (3rd March 2011), Inanna (3rd March 2011), InCiDeR (3rd March 2011), Isthatso (3rd March 2011), jcocks (3rd March 2011), JSGlasgow (3rd March 2011), karelia (3rd March 2011), Lifesong (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Luke (3rd March 2011), Mystique (4th March 2011), Rocky_Shorz (3rd March 2011), Ruby L. (3rd March 2011), Sarlic (3rd March 2011), sister (3rd March 2011), winnasboy (3rd March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Change is the only constant.

Thank you for sharing Ross, it's all so true and relevant to all that is going on here and the world around us. I'm honestly so emotionally drained, I don't know if I'm thinking straight, so I can only imagine how everyone behind the scenes of Avalon are feeling. I wish I had more words, wiser words to share with you, but right now I'm struggling with many things on many levels. I just wanted to thank you for all you have done here, and I hope you stay.
    Namaste,
    Di

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

bluestflame (3rd March 2011), crosby (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Ross (3rd March 2011), winnasboy (3rd March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Ross, you and I have been friends for about 6 months now, and spoken almost daily. You've learned about me, and I've learned about you.

This is what I have to say about you: You are one of the most solid, honest, funny, loving, and best friends I have ever had. You are so intelligent and intuitive, I'm blessed that I get to hear that day in and day out.

Thank you for being a rock, but most importantly, a friend.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Beth For This Post:

astrid (3rd March 2011), bluestflame (3rd March 2011), Carmody (3rd March 2011), crosby (3rd March 2011), DianeKJ (3rd March 2011), InCiDeR (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Luke (3rd March 2011), Mystique (4th March 2011), Ross (3rd March 2011), Ruby L. (3rd March 2011), Sarlic (3rd March 2011), winnasboy (3rd March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,403 times in 414 posts

Quote Posted by Beth (here)
    Ross, you and I have been friends for about 6 months now, and spoken almost daily. You've learned about me, and I've learned about you.

This is what I have to say about you: You are one of the most solid, honest, funny, loving, and best friends I have ever had. You are so intelligent and intuitive, I'm blessed that I get to hear that day in and day out.

Thank you for being a rock, but most importantly, a friend.
    Thank you Beth, that means a great deal to me...but you already know this...

Ross

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Post:

crosby (3rd March 2011), DianeKJ (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

The only thing that never changes,
    is that everything changes.

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

crosby (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    Quote Posted by Lord Sidious (here)
    Mmmmmm, Scorpions. Excellent.
    Thanks nugget.

13. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

i guess that many great things occur in life because of change. we may not like it, or feel comfortable with change, but it is an integral part of being. we change everyday, even though we may not notice it. a lot of changes have occurred here at avalon very recently, and we are all trying to get our footing regarding these changes. i think and hope that we will. time is, at the very least, an absolute when it comes to acceptance. god bless avalonians.
    warmest regards, corson

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), Ross (3rd March 2011), winnasboy (3rd March 2011)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by corson (here)
    i guess that many great things occur in life because of change. we may not like it, or feel comfortable with change, but it is an integral part of being. we change everyday, even though we may not notice it. a lot of changes have occurred here at avalon very recently, and we are all trying to get our footing regarding these changes. i think and hope that we will. time is, at the very least, an absolute when it comes to acceptance. god bless avalonians.
    warmest regards, corson
    Usually, it isn't change that causes us issues, it is resistance to that change.
    And I should know, you should see some of the resistance I have put up in the past.

+ Reply to Thread