Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Truth Behind Meat Production

1. Link to Post #1
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Default The Truth Behind Meat Production

Hi Folk's,

I WARN YOU NOW BEFORE WATCHING THIS, THIS IS SICK, AND THE WORST FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS HERE.

I am truly appalled to see such behaviour and sick, sick treatment of these Animals.

It makes you ashamed to say that you are a human being.

Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

Belle (3rd March 2011), Bo Atkinson (4th March 2011), cheez_2806 (12th March 2011), Chicodoodoo (10th March 2011), Gone002 (4th March 2011), Jayke (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), Mystique (3rd March 2011), shiva777 (10th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011), wynderer (3rd March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    France Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: The Truth Behind Meat Production

Hi Irish

I'm not going to watch this video. It's a subject that pains me terribly. I tortured myself for years (and still do) thinking and worrying about the mistreatment and torture of animal.

I'm on the verge of tears again writing this. When are people going to learn how sacred our animals are?

Edit: am now in tears.

Much love

Elva

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to An Cailleach For This Post:

Belle (3rd March 2011), Eva2 (4th March 2011), guido (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), meeradas (10th March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), shiva777 (10th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (12th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Member irishspirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,720 times in 462 posts

Elva,

I 100% respect that.

One thing is quite clear, if that is how humanity allows its Animal's to be treated, we truly are a shambles of an entity. For the defenceless to be treated like that is beyond all contempt, and without doubt, pure MURDER.

To think that these bastards feel they have earned their way by treating Animals in this way says it all really.

I wipe your tears from your face and replace it with a glow.

Love and Light.

Irish.
    Open your eyes and you will see, open your heart and your will feel.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to irishspirit For This Post:

An Cailleach (3rd March 2011), Belle (3rd March 2011), Bo Atkinson (4th March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,987 times in 1,125 posts

After watching "Food, Inc" on a PBS station over a year ago, I have not been able to bring myself to eat meat. When I think of bringing all that pain and fear into my body, I am disgusted beyond belief.

I think it's important that we are witness to this cruelty and must bring it to light. If they treat animals like this, are we next?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Belle For This Post:

firstlook (3rd March 2011), irishspirit (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (12th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

A system that can't go on won't go on .. we are at the end of the line on being able to do this to animals.. with fuel spikes .. it won't be cost effective to raise meat at all . We will have to turn to vertical farming close to cities where we raise super nutrient rich plants. We will have to cut the amount of meat we eat. We may just stick to fish for the protein we need.

The answer is not to rail against this world.. set your sights on building a better next world . We will find the answers.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (4th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (12th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

depending on what you believe will happen to the human body during the shift or if you believe stuffing us with meat was a way for the tptb to make us more aggressive or even sicker. then you look at how un natural it really is to eat protein every meal and how much energy it suck out of you. Granted i am one of those who eats protein every meal.. i know this can go on . After our bodies get adjusted to bring much more energy from the source than we currently do. we will not need to eat nearly as much as we do now .

Imagine being withiin walking distance of where your food is grown ..when your food is safe enough to litarlly pull it off the growing plant and eat it . no need to wash chemicals off of it . where it has been grown with everything it needed to be a healthy plant. that is the future i want to live in .

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Odah For This Post:

Belle (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), selinam (3rd March 2011), sister (10th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (12th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Greed makes some people insane. I wish there was something we could do to make people aware.
    I don't eat meat except for fish. Been on this type of diet for decades.

I grew up on a farm in Ireland so I love animals. Couldn't wait to get away from it though. Conditions were not that great even for us.

I made myself watch the video even though it makes me sick. The world needs change but Obama's not going to do it. Well not the change we need anyway.
    Thanks for putting that video on here. Hope many pass it on.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

modwiz (4th March 2011), The HoppyBunny (12th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

The promotion of egg and milk consumption is corporate driven, as those in these industries make claim (lies) of the importance of such 'foods'.

The mass disassembly line of food production is no different then how human beings are being treated. Corporations have been given equal status to that of a living thing - thus corporate policy is law and applies to real living things.

The survival of the corporate entity is paramount, and as with real living things - it will do anything to survive. The corporate profile was given to those in the psychological field without knowing who (or what) they were profiling; all the results were the same - sociopath; as the corporate profile had all of the elements of such a person. What does this say about those who are successful in business!?

Is it any wonder why animals suffer so much in 'food production, when the corporate entity is only concerned about survival!? Corporate entities are not real living things, thus have no understanding or regard for real living things.

Is not eating meat fair in survival!? Is not how the meat is obtained the issue!? For if each person was to kill for their own meat, sensitivity, compassion and respect for how it is done would be.

I will say this, and not in defense or promotion of animal suffering; the video does show the extreme examples of how these animals are treated - with the agenda of promoting a particular life style in the end. With this said, even if the examples given are 'not common', 'not common' is too often.

What is worse are those (human beings) who cause pain and suffering to animals deliberately, by choice - with the belief that the meat has better taste through this; something taken from nonhuman species.
    Last edited by king anthony; 3rd March 2011 at 19:37.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Belle (3rd March 2011), Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

"I have from an early age abhorred the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci

"It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by it's purely physical effect of the human temperament and intellect would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind" - Albert Einstein

Got put off eating meat after watching a video similar to this, especially after starting to find so much gristle caused by the growth hormones and antibiotics they pump these animals full of, still eat meat on the odd occasion but only if it's from a trusted source. Have to walk past an abattoir on my way to work each morning and the sound and smell is truly nauseating.
    Last edited by Jayke; 13th March 2013 at 10:27.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

modwiz (4th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm a 25 year old male and this brought be to tears literally, i cried watching this. How can humans do this to another living being and not feel any emotion. Do they have a soul?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vasquez For This Post:

Lord Sidious (3rd March 2011), modwiz (4th March 2011), sister (4th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by vasquez (here)
    I'm a 25 year old male and this brought be to tears literally, i cried watching this. How can humans do this to another living being and not feel any emotion. Do they have a soul?
    Like many, or most out there, they are so caught up in what they want, they don't see what others want too.
    Their own needs overcome everything else.
    Or, as I put it, they wouldn't find their arse with a gps and a roadmap.

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

It's sad that people have to do jobs like these in slaughterhouses.
    Last edited by East Sun; 4th March 2011 at 12:23.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 times in 309 posts

37 and not one tear came to my eyes watching this video, saw it or one very close to it ten years ago, I grew up with farmers, have seen all the basics for slaughtering, casterating, birth process, incemination process etc and partook in many of them. Not that I condone this sort of farming practice, and it should be noted that these practices are corporation owned farms for profit, not family run farms. The family run farms I had the priviledge in knowing and visiting did not cram thier live stock into small cages, they mostly had free range. Free range is not considered in corprate farming because it costs more money, NOT ONE FARMER I KNOW TREATED THIER ANIMALS WITH THAT MUCH DISRESPECT.
    You all have to remember something there is no Humane way to kill. Every way ever divised is painfull for at least that split second before death. Also farmers feed cities the only thing you can do is see to it that the corperations stop squeezing out the noble farmers who work thier asses off each day for little to nothing, use your local farmers market make sure the ones who do treat thier animals properly are the ones your dollars are going to.
    I will never be vegan its not in my nature. Like a Lion I desire flesh, does that make me a bad person? If you want to see inhumane just watch the discovery chanel sometime and see what a shark does, wolf does, hyena does, none of thier kills are painless, they eat thier prey alive!. Blame nature for inhumane actions towards other species it is not only humans.

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Unsubscribed wynderer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,989 times in 1,133 posts

Quote Posted by Globalcitizen (here)
    Hi Irish

I'm not going to watch this video. It's a subject that pains me terribly. I tortured myself for years (and still do) thinking and worrying about the mistreatment and torture of animal.

I'm on the verge of tears again writing this. When are people going to learn how sacred our animals are?

Edit: am now in tears.

Much love

Elva
    i did not watch the video either, Elva -- i've been an organic vegan for over 40 yrs -- organic for our Earth, vegan for the helpless & innocent animals -- & i took part in the first Animal Rights March in DC in '91 [? or '92?] -- i am also an empath for the animals, & have to work to keep from Seeing [psychically] & feeling all the cruelty to animals around me -- i have learned that it does not help the animals for me to be paralyzed w/tears & deep sorrow for their suffering

there is no place on this planet where humans are not cruel to animals in one way or another -- all races of humans take part in this cruelty -- & everything that the NWO is doing to humans, the humans do to animals

to end on a lighter note -- i have noticed that animal rights people are often very good-looking, including the many actresses & actors who support various animal rights issues

25. Link to Post #15
    France Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DouglasDanger (here)
    37 and not one tear came to my eyes watching this video, saw it or one very close to it ten years ago, I grew up with farmers, have seen all the basics for slaughtering, casterating, birth process, incemination process etc and partook in many of them. Not that I condone this sort of farming practice, and it should be noted that these practices are corporation owned farms for profit, not family run farms. The family run farms I had the priviledge in knowing and visiting did not cram thier live stock into small cages, they mostly had free range. Free range is not considered in corprate farming because it costs more money, NOT ONE FARMER I KNOW TREATED THIER ANIMALS WITH THAT MUCH DISRESPECT.
    You all have to remember something there is no Humane way to kill. Every way ever divised is painfull for at least that split second before death. Also farmers feed cities the only thing you can do is see to it that the corperations stop squeezing out the noble farmers who work thier asses off each day for little to nothing, use your local farmers market make sure the ones who do treat thier animals properly are the ones your dollars are going to.
    I will never be vegan its not in my nature. Like a Lion I desire flesh, does that make me a bad person? If you want to see inhumane just watch the discovery chanel sometime and see what a shark does, wolf does, hyena does, none of thier kills are painless, they eat thier prey alive!. Blame nature for inhumane actions towards other species it is not only humans.
    Hi Douglas

I get what you're saying and where you're coming from, for sure.

But even when I used to watch nature programmes (never watch tv now), I always had to change channel once the killing started. I can't bear to see ANYTHING in pain, whether it's due to greed or survival instincts in the killer.

Killing inhumanely and causin undue suffering to animals during their lives and at the point of their deaths is INEXCUSABLE, no matter how many mouths a farmer is trying to feed.

Stop locking hens in cages, let them roam free agnd have their pecking orders; stop keeping small calves tied up in dark pens so that we can have tender veal....

Stop the cruelty, stop the laboratory testing on animals, it is no longer required.. the cures to most pathogen-based diseases are here already. The cures for cancer are known, stop torturing mice and rats, pigs and monkeys in an attempt to find the 'elusive' cure.

Let nature be nature, but let's get a grip on our humanity and humaneness.. whatever's left of it. Maybe if we changed to the point that we changed the vibration here on earth, maybe animal nature would change too (wishful thinking).

Peace

26. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

27. The Following User Says Thank You to aroundthetable For This Post:

wynderer (8th March 2011)

28. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to aroundthetable For This Post:

wynderer (8th March 2011)

30. Link to Post #18
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

Horrible. There are monsters among us. Even more important, there are monsters within us.

31. Link to Post #19
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

"meat production"

yes, that's already enough for me...
    Last edited by meeradas; 22nd February 2012 at 12:50. Reason: space

32. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

This is not pleasant viewing, but unfortunately, this is the reality of the situation, it's up to us to change it.
    That can only happen by people being confronted with the truth, painful as it is.

There is a collective karmic debt that will be paid by us for the suffering endured by these creatures.
    They are dependent on us for their welfare, and technically should be regarded as citizens of whichever nation state they reside.

Consciousness is growing...maybe it's not too late to change where this is leading us.
    Let us respect all living beings.

May I direct everyone to the Shaolin monk thread: a great video, kindly posted by shiva777, explaining how the perhaps strongest men on our planet subsist on vey simple, vegetarian fare..

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-the-meat-myth

Here is the link to that truly inspiring video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eZwml...eature=related

Last edited by Lettherebelight; 11th March 2011 at 00:45.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Lord Sidious (10th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast