+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: control freaks on Write4change's thread...

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Jonathan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 times in 267 posts

Default Re: control freaks on Write4change's thread...

For every action, there is reaction.

When a pattern is detected, an educated decision can be made.

I noticed an immediate feeling of calm, growth, and deeper understanding would occur after every post of Jai's I read.

I choose that.

Thank you Mama Jai, truly.

Anyone who attempts to stifle, silence, or remove even one of her posts, does this forum a great injustice.

Btw, I'm going by my First and middle name now, to avoid any confusion with Dennis Leahy. Another person I respect greatly on these boards.

Eyes and soul remain unchanged .
    Everything that the establishment has told you is wrong with you - is more likely what's right with you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Jonathan For This Post:

Buchanan561 (5th March 2011), Lord Sidious (5th March 2011), pilotsimone (5th March 2011), Ruby L. (5th March 2011), Sierra (5th March 2011), winnasboy (5th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 9eagle9 (here)
    And its boring. The textbook predictable behavior. The person who is so veddy loving, and holier than thou, and parrroting empty words just takes a back seat to the person that honestly admits they drank too much and threw up in their purse.

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    Different is not bad. We, on this forum, are all/each quirky to an extent.

Although I have not as yet read the entirety of W4C's thread, I get the gist of what she is attempting.

We all have to remember one thing however. Even though members-only having posting ability, not every member is here on PA to be part of this community. There are some members whose goal is to divide and conquer and bring down. This statement does not mean that because a few long-standing members objected or questioned, they are a part of the divisiveness. No! They are simply individuals with opinions.

Opening a thread in open forum and asking people to not post, is equivalent to herding cats. That quirkiness in us just itches to push the limit beyond the request. Okay, its an experiment. Just don't expect everyone (all unique talented individual people) to act according to rules. Rules were made to be broken. If selective privacy is desired, with a wish for uninterrupted self-discourse, one should seek out areas where this will be not only possible but probable.
    Just saying.........
    Hi Snowbird - that certainly makes sense. I guess that's why we are where we are in the world today.

Write4change wasn't enforcing rules - she was merely asking for co-operation. Some thought about it and chose to give their co-operation. Some simply reacted without logical reason or thought, but by sheer ego reaction. How does this suit me? What's in this for me? Do I like this?

Does that justify their chosen behaviour - I don't know, it's their journey - but it does make it predictable. Which is why I think Write4change is able to give such close to the bone character analysis.
    It's all textbook behaviour. Predictable, measurable. Laying false claim to originality.
    I really hope all this wasn't directed at my posting.
    Write4change actually thanked My post so i think you have me confused with the original poster.

In my post i was analyzing the back and forth and sharing my opionion asking simply for a summary cause the original post was hard to comprehend because of how it was written. Different people from different countries often have trouble understanding eachother.
    (and yes i did read the entire original thread),
    i wanted to know what the experiment" was about
    and I only suggested chat to avoid character targeting posts that have become so frequent as of late.

as for there being "no such thing as negativety or positive" i must say passive agressiveness certainly doesn't seem very condusive to people getting along. (no matter who it's directed at)

and while i realize that avoiding ALL of that is not possible with so many people (or cats) but we all got along better up until recently, lets force that "bully" mentality out now.
    You should see my "Take a deep breath thread" this is where my heart lies, i just want the fighting over opinions to stop. I'm not trying to 1/up anyone, just clarifying any possible misunderstanding.

And i highly doubt that anyone here really has a "holier than thou" mentality, and if they do they're small in numbers.
    Everyone just keeps getting misunderstood, and misquoted.
    I believe we all have something to offer, and i never turned down write4change's idea nor anyone's for that matter.

Perhaps instead of analyzing personal opionions (directed at the thread starter) we should move past it and just post our response to the original idea?

Really now guys, lets be friends okay? I got no beef with any of you <3

¤=[Post Update]=¤

wrong set of quotes but i was asking eagle from where he quoted me before if this was related ^_^'
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift…that is why we call it the present"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sowelu For This Post:

pilotsimone (5th March 2011), Sierra (5th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #83
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,990 times in 1,091 posts

Pax Avalonia,

pax in terra

6. Link to Post #84
    Palestinian Territory Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,087 times in 6,275 posts

Quote Posted by jorr lundstrom (here)
    Ah, Mama we are all crazy now. That song was on Radio Galactica the other day.

They said it was a hit in some Galaxies not many light years away. They liked the

melkody, didnt understand the text, but who cares. Maybye that station is for you

its sending on the notime frequesies and it broadcasts 24/7 love

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    The universe is pulling the strings of every soul. It will rightly determine what is right for each individual and that individual will likely think that it is their choice. One thing will not play out for everybody.

As 9eagle9 suggests, suspend belief and give up your control to the universe and let it just happen. The universe knows what its doing.
    Let go of the rope.

7. Link to Post #85
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by Icecold (here)
    Pax Avalonia,

pax in terra
    And with you my friend.

Kind Regards,
    Panopticon
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

8. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member Buchanan561's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tuza (here)
    I just went to the link about the little lemur, Yoda by the time I found out what happened to him in the end I am real upset now, real upset, poor thing. I feel for you Jai, I am still getting over my devon rex cat bigglesworth passed on in 2008, but his ashes are in a nice wooden box next to me with his photo and a gold plaque.

I know we will see each other again. Yoda will see you again, probably drops in now and again to say hi. xo off topic and I dont care, poking out tongue, na na na nah.
    Tuza, I believe what you say about 'bigglesworth' and seeing him. Many years ago I had a beautiful calico colored cat and while prowling one day she got run over by a car. I was heartbroken and cried off and on for days. My daughter buried her in a beautiful container in her garden. Later about two weeks later I was sitting in my living room and all of a sudden I saw her jump from one of my recliners onto the sofa. It was just a flash but I recognized her. I then knew that she was still with me.
    Also.....Many years ago, I had one of my out of body things where I woke up in my astral body but sill lay on my sofa where I had fallen asleep. I felt something up against my back and noticed a black cat curled up looking at me. I then looked lower down my body and saw two more light grey ones laying curled around my knees and feet. Then several walking around on the floor. This was in my large Den/office/library, etc. I looked at the one on my shoulder with its nose in my neck and said.....'You are a cat" This cat spoke back and said "yes". I then asked this cat....what are you doing here...She spoke back and said......."we live here. We always live here". I said OK and arose from the sofa. By then I was zapped again into another dimension where it was another learning experience from my watchers and teachers. But the cats being there must have meant that they found it a comfort to be in my 'esoteric' 'spiritual' special place in my home. I just wanted to share.....Emma

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buchanan561 For This Post:

Sierra (5th March 2011), Teakai (6th March 2011)

10. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quote Posted by myrm (here)
    I LOVE that comment about the experimental war machines vs the experimental housing...THANKS. Other than that I just got here. Why is everyone always correcting each other on Avalon? Uptight is unfree. myrm
    Exactly!!! It does seem that there is always conflict. There are the usual hecklers whom you find on every thread. They are there just to cause discord. And I have often wondered why that was allowed by moderators. But it seems to be unchecked as it continues. Makes it very difficult to follow what someone is trying to share or educate others.

There are those who complained about write4change wanting to have a thread that was for education only and not for discussion, at least until she told her story and then ask for comments. But, rudeness set in as always and destroyed the continuity of her train of thought and desires to try to help someone.

Her intent, I could see all along was to do something to Help Bill Ryan but that has now gone by the wayside with a lot of confusion IMPOV. I still think something needs to be started to accomplish what she tried to get across and that was, money coming in from us to help keep this forum afloat with nothing left for himself. From what I hear, It keeps Bill drained of finances. Nothing left. So I am asking why this is as it should not be.

Why can't someone who would know how to set something up where we could send money via PayPal to provide for him all the comforts of living. I will contribute towards that. I sent money when it was needed after Jan 1st with thousands of new viewers and members.

I know there are plenty of you on this forum who would have the ability to set something up, with donations going into a special fund, with someone keeping tabs of the money and put accounts of the money where all could view what was coming in and how much. total. etc. But not be in the view of non-members of forum. But we could take their donations, just not reveal the statistics.

Anyway........someone needs to address that issue as I do believe that was Write4change 's main objective in starting her thread. Thank you write4change for this wonderful thread and all you put in it. You once told me that I was a wonderful person (paraphrase) so I say to you.......It takes one to know one. Emma
    Last edited by Buchanan561; 5th March 2011 at 16:31.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buchanan561 For This Post:

modwiz (5th March 2011), Reinhard (5th March 2011)

12. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mouse (here)
    Jai, you mentioned having lost some friends here. I am sorry for that. I believe I lost one or two along the way here too. What a shame. I say this because I don't always agree with some of my friend's opinions but that does not mean I don't have ears to listen, or that I no longer value them. It is my belief that each person in our lives has a unique lesson to teach us, even though it may take a while to figure out what that lesson is.

I'm sorry your former friends left, I'm sorry for them Jai, not you. I'm sorry they couldn't appreciate your honesty, eloquence or your insights.

Mouse x
    Don't you worry little one. They are not gone. They have just gone for a visit. They have love for both. They will be back, and it will be OK to want to suport both boats that are afloat on this sea. Home is where the heart is. They are not gone forever as I have seen them here on this forum since. And when I do I smile within and tell myself that all is well. And all is well and as perhaps it should be.

But this little place will not sink, and in time it will grow. As the 'one across the street' will also. I love them both. As I am sure you all do also. I joined there too but have not gone inside. Just joined. They are not my enemy just because they left. Nor yours either. All is well. Emma

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buchanan561 For This Post:

InCiDeR (5th March 2011), modwiz (5th March 2011)

14. Link to Post #89
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Last edited by Ahkenaten; 8th March 2011 at 06:19.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

InCiDeR (5th March 2011), Shezbeth (6th March 2011)

16. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

Fair is fair, Ahkenaten. If you looked further than simply trying to make your point fit-- you would've added this link, too:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post166102

And this one, from Bill's side:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post166161

You don't like the idea of the thread, that's fine. But please stop your smear campaign.
    If you can't let yourself go with it, then just let it go. Simple.
    Last edited by Ruby L.; 5th March 2011 at 18:12.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

aikya (5th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (5th March 2011), modwiz (5th March 2011), Shikasta (6th March 2011), Sierra (5th March 2011)

18. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    Different is not bad. We, on this forum, are all/each quirky to an extent.

Although I have not as yet read the entirety of W4C's thread, I get the gist of what she is attempting.

We all have to remember one thing however. Even though members-only having posting ability, not every member is here on PA to be part of this community. There are some members whose goal is to divide and conquer and bring down. This statement does not mean that because a few long-standing members objected or questioned, they are a part of the divisiveness. No! They are simply individuals with opinions.

Opening a thread in open forum and asking people to not post, is equivalent to herding cats. That quirkiness in us just itches to push the limit beyond the request. Okay, its an experiment. Just don't expect everyone (all unique talented individual people) to act according to rules. Rules were made to be broken. If selective privacy is desired, with a wish for uninterrupted self-discourse, one should seek out areas where this will be not only possible but probable.

Just saying.........
    Quoting myself above, after having just now come back from reading the last two pages of W4C's Telling It Like It Is thread........drumroll........
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

19. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    Buchanan - if you want to wade through the Telling It Like it Is Post, you might see that something is rotten in Denmark. Sorry for using the country "Denmark," it is an euphemism. Anyway, amongst the stream of consciousness narrative written by Write4Change lo and behold, somehow by mistake, some aspersions were cast..............some unproven, unfounded allusions were made. Check it out at

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post166077

Perhaps you did not read it the same way I did. And you Mr. Ahkenaten, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Get a life and leave others who want to have peace find a space without you. From what I can see your only reason for being on this forum is to interject yourself into everything and create chaos.

Bill Ryan was not being disrespected by this thread. There were many stories going about on this forum that needed to be put to rest. I myself could see no better way to do that than expose everything to the light of day. Once all the 'little' bits of gossip here and there could finally be put to rest with no need for further speculation.

This may have happened if not for all the interjections from people just like yourself who try to destroy everything they come in contact with. This woman meant this man no harm. The people who were interested in this thread, after it was allowed to get going, believed it was for the good of this forum, its leader, and its members. It is strange that so many others could see this and you could not.

But then again, you are you, are you not. It is too bad that her train of thought and her zest to create such and understanding got lost in the fray. However this experiment will lead to a change in the way this forum is set up. They will make a way for more of the same type of thread to be created and then used as a teaching tool for people who really need the teaching.

It will happen as members will demand it. And Bill Ryan, with his honest desire to respond to the members needs will set that up. And in time he will understand what was behind Write4change desire to post what she did. Too bad that it was destroyed by misunderstanding from others. But this will clear up in time and if this forum developes such an new idea as what w4c wanted to create this forum will grow even more. We need teaching and education. Right now all we have is chaotic posting which new comers learn little from. We need change. Unfortunately there are those who resist change.

However I have hope for this forum. There are many, many, many very bright and educated people who can, in another kind of thread share that knowledge with others who are starving for that information.

This sounds harsh but sometimes we have to break away from form and speak up about what we see. That is what I have done. Emma
    Last edited by Buchanan561; 5th March 2011 at 18:20.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Buchanan561 For This Post:

aikya (5th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (6th March 2011), InCiDeR (5th March 2011), modwiz (5th March 2011), Ruby L. (5th March 2011), Sierra (5th March 2011), Teakai (6th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #93
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Last edited by Ahkenaten; 8th March 2011 at 06:18.

22. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Member Caterpillars Lens's Avatar
    Thanks

instead of carrots:

Peace folks!
    Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.
    Winnie the Pooh

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caterpillars Lens For This Post:

Lord Sidious (5th March 2011), Newlyn (5th March 2011)

24. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

Okay, Ahkenaten. Let's look at this way, then:

write4change's opening post: 68 people who think the concept is acceptable.
    This thread's opening post: 29 people who also think it's acceptable.

The baiting technique obviously works here; 97 fish have bitten. You haven't. So, swim away.

Peace out.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

aikya (5th March 2011), Dennis Jonathan (5th March 2011), modwiz (5th March 2011), Reinhard (6th March 2011)

26. Link to Post #96
    Czech Republic Avalon Member Pilgrim's Avatar
    Thanks

I think, my dear friends, if anyone of us wants to share something with others why not to hear her/him/it? We can show our respect, patience, discipline and good heart to let it go and follow the flow. We can discuss our oppinions here as was proposed. If she explained her reasons. I can not see any problem in that. She has my full support on that. Namaste

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pilgrim For This Post:

Dennis Jonathan (5th March 2011), modwiz (5th March 2011), pilotsimone (5th March 2011), Ruby L. (5th March 2011), Smith (7th March 2011)

28. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

deleted post)
    Last edited by pilotsimone; 17th July 2015 at 10:02.
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pilotsimone For This Post:

Anchor (6th March 2011), Newlyn (5th March 2011), Shikasta (6th March 2011)

30. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pilotsimone (here)
    The pot stirring on the forum is really becoming transparent. This seems like a good thing! It's all in the open for everyone to see clearly.

Here's a quote I was sent by a friend during a very difficult time. I think it applies to PA as well...

Only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us. ~Pema Chödrön

Birth is painful and messy. What comes out of it is quite miraculous!

Keep your heads up!
    Right on spot, dear! The exposing makes us vulnerable, but than the truth can be found, and the rest will go!

The prosess of awakening, of self realization is something that happens over and over. Sometimes the lightwarrior asks him/herself: Am I really getting somewhere? This is just humiliating. I'm just going in circles! But then suddenly he/she realizes: It's not a circle, it's a spiral.

A spiral that goes deeper and deeper.

Love

(edit: this thread is nice )
    The more I learn .. The less I know

Live without pretending
    Love without depending
    Listen without defending
    Speak without offending

Love /Newlyn, no-one

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newlyn For This Post:

InCiDeR (6th March 2011), pilotsimone (5th March 2011)

32. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    Buchanan - if you want to wade through the Telling It Like it Is Post, you might see that something is rotten in Denmark. Sorry for using the country "Denmark," it is an euphemism. Anyway, amongst the stream of consciousness narrative written by Write4Change lo and behold, somehow by mistake, some aspersions were cast..............some unproven, unfounded allusions were made. Check it out at

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post166077
    Hi Ahk - are you able to tell us what it was?
    What is it that was rotten? Please reveal.

As to the unproven allusions - are you talking about Write4change taking such laborious effort to write for us certain things because she is unable to cut and paste? The part where Astrid helped out by providing a link so we could all read it for ourseves? (Thanks, Astrid BTW)
    Or are you just focusing on ill intent for the heck of it?

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

33. Link to Post #100
    UK Avalon Member
    Mainly Earth but I do regularly commute to various other dimensions ;)
    Thanks

If someone wants a thread all to them selves its fine by me... its not as though there are a limited amount to go around! Another soloution would be to give each profile a blog area! Ive seen that work on other forums.
    One thing I will say here is that I have spent many more hours in the pages of these forums than I can really afford and for very little reward... Perhaps I am niave to the hard work needed to be involved in forums ! But I feel that there are may people here who say very much very often yet say nothing much at all!
    I have learnt far more about the woes of forum moderaters than I ever intended and yet I have very little more info on the actual research of Bill Ryan.

And with that said I fear I may be aproaching hypocrisy!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharaohs Maze For This Post:

Lord Sidious (7th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast