+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lights in my eyes, what does it mean?

1. Link to Post #1
    Great Britain Avalon Member bilko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 times in 256 posts

Default Lights in my eyes, what does it mean?

Every night now for the last year or so upon going to sleep i can see a torch light or the sun in my eyes. Sometimes i have to open them to check i haven't left the bedroom light on.

Although my eyes are closed the light is incredibly bright like looking at the sun almost.

I am aware and have experience of hypnagogic noises from the times that i tried to astrally project so i am wondering if this is related to that.

When it happens my mind is still conscious but it takes me a few seconds to realise the light is back.

Could it be my pineal gland firing up?

Anyway, last night was different, it was like someone was lifting up my right eyelid ( although they were closed ) and shinning a torch in there. I know this because after a few seconds of realization that the light was back it was as though it slowly went black again like someone gently let go of my eyelid so it could close.

I actually saw the slow fading out within my minds eye.
    It is becoming slightly irritating now and i did wonder if i could get to sleep with this light in my eyes. It stops after a while i think when i am deep in my pre sleep stage.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), DianeKJ (4th March 2011), king anthony (4th March 2011), Maia Gabrial (31st May 2011), mondaze (31st May 2011), Nortreb (4th March 2011), RedeZra (4th June 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011), zeropoint (2nd June 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Lights in my eyes, what does it mean?

Yes, it happened to me.

It started a couple years ago. The best I can describe of what was happening was my whole being was going through some sort of huge energetic shift, with quite a few other physical things happening as well.

When I would close my eyes, it would not be dark. Sometimes I could see this intense Red color through my eyelids. Other times, I felt I could actually see through them. I know that sounds bizarre, but hey, that I am apparently. I don't really have answers for it, but after looking back on it it felt like something going on in the 3rd eye area to me as well. If it has to do with astral projection, the seeing through my eyelids makes some sense.

Wish I had more answers for you, but wanted you to know that I know how it feels!
    -Di

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

bilko (4th March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), king anthony (4th March 2011), Maia Gabrial (31st May 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011), zeropoint (2nd June 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Hi Bilko, DianneKJ
    Yes this has happened to me too. Often I back-track along the subjective process before the light comes on and have found that the stimulus has been a fleeting recollection of car headlights or some such - i.e. a light phenomenon in memory. The memory is usually fairly short-term, I may have been driving earlier in the evening.

The wisest man I know says that normally as we go into sleep we go through three fields of light, but are usually unconscious as they occur. These are known, by some 'esotericists' as the white voids. Later in sleep - when we're really deep - we cross the black void. These are the raw yang-yin nourishment of sleep and are healthful.

A philosopher called Elmira Zolla asked a brilliant question: When you're asleep, dark night, lights off, eyes closed, and you dream - where does the light, by which you see things in the dream, come from? Not the stuff of the dream but the sheer light of perception within it.

Zoroaster was the first to say 'Consciousness itself is Light'. This is one deep end of the statement 'God is Light'.
    There's a lot to say about all this but time's limited for a week or two. If you're interested further let's stay in touch with a message. I don't have a bill of goods to sell but I've had quite a long life and have had quite a lot of 'light' experience (some pretty 'dark' stuff too of course!)
    Good question. Thanks.
    Last edited by mrmalco; 4th March 2011 at 06:57.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mrmalco For This Post:

bilko (4th March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), DianeKJ (4th March 2011), eaglespirit (4th March 2011), from_Brzil (25th May 2011), Maia Gabrial (31st May 2011), mosquito (2nd June 2011), Rainbowbrite (31st May 2011), The HoppyBunny (4th March 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011), zeropoint (2nd June 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member DianeKJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you mrmalco for explaining it that way. Gave me some new reading material to find! White Voids,,,,or in my case a red voids.
    Namste,
    Di

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DianeKJ For This Post:

bilko (4th March 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Thanks for the excellent replies guys.
    I'm on my iPhone at lunch break now
    So I will reply tonight but I just wanted to say thank you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011)

11. Link to Post #6
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Radio Galactica is raporting on this.

Its just your pineal gland doing a burnout.

Nothing to worry about, its gonna get worse.

We are living in interesting times.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

bilko (4th March 2011), butcherman (31st May 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), DianeKJ (4th March 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Ok
    I must be honest and say i'll have to come back to this.
    I am loved up from listening to country and my son is here.
    I think he has something ( a spirit ) following him around so i have to look to him to check he is ok. He's kindof an indigo child.

You know what he said to me tonight as i was washing up?
    Of course you don't lol.

He said that the reason we have junk DNA might be because if we used the full potential of our brain we would know all the answers.
    And part of the reason of life is to find them out in the first place.

Makes sense to me...

Anyway, i'll come back to this.
    I want to say thank you again for your replies. It heartens me to know i haven't got a tumor or something.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bilko For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), DianeKJ (5th March 2011), Fred Steeves (31st May 2011), New Dawn (3rd June 2011), The HoppyBunny (4th March 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011)

15. Link to Post #8
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

yes,
    something similar happened to me for a few years, but it was like faces coming toward me, different faces, really odd, but then i was always amazed that when i go to sleep, and close my eyes i always took notice in whether the darkness looked close or infinite, sorry cant explain more, but i've never understood it.
    regards hexen

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hexenomega For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), red_rose (31st May 2011), thunder24 (24th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #9
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,159 times in 1,845 posts

I've had faces come at me in the middle of the day, when I lay down to sleep, doesn;t matter what time. Recently when I lay down at night, I will have lightning strikes instead of just one light or torch light, it happened when I try to see past the black with my eyes closed. I've also had times when I could see through my eyelids. Its pretty weird/cool stuff happening.

I have a friend that when he lays down for the night, has either a purple dot or white light dot in his vision. cool times we live in

peace
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), hexenomega (31st May 2011), Rainbowbrite (31st May 2011), red_rose (31st May 2011)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Hi All, I've had the green and purple shapes for a while now. What is new though, is that while in bed in total darkness, if I cough or sneeze, I will see bright lights. What do you think of that ?
    Blessings,
    Yiola

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yiolas For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), red_rose (31st May 2011), thunder24 (25th May 2011)

21. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,157 times in 529 posts

this last year or so i have seen many vivid bright blobs of green or purple in my minds eye and sometimes when i,m awake.
    it,s more profond when its dark.
    it can be so hypnotising and buetiful.
    i have seen faces of people i do not recognise.as pictures in my minds eye.
    at first i thought i was becoming schizoprenic.but now i just accept them when it happens.
    if its not causing you any harm or disharmony,then go with it.

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

I've seen like a twirling rainbow in my eyes and a blob of vivid blue mostly now. The doc had no clue.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), thunder24 (25th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #13
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

yep,
    its more common than we realize, most people i talk to have had something similar, one guy i know, a really rough guy, came to me, he said that he always fell asleep with the radio or tape on, and sometimes, he could see himself above his house, and could go where he wanted just by thinking about it, the really weird thing was he actually "saw" the music, the quiet tunes were all dark colours, the loud all gold and silver, he couldnt understand it, and was really freaked out by it ,i'm quite sure there is something here, but its like being given a rubiks cube for the first time, you know it can be understood,,,, but how????

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hexenomega For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), Rainbowbrite (31st May 2011), red_rose (31st May 2011)

26. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by hexenomega (here)
    yep,
    its more common than we realize, most people i talk to have had something similar, one guy i know, a really rough guy, came to me, he said that he always fell asleep with the radio or tape on, and sometimes, he could see himself above his house, and could go where he wanted just by thinking about it, the really weird thing was he actually "saw" the music, the quiet tunes were all dark colours, the loud all gold and silver, he couldnt understand it, and was really freaked out by it ,i'm quite sure there is something here, but its like being given a rubiks cube for the first time, you know it can be understood,,,, but how????
    Sounds like he had an out of body experience or maybe remote viewing but dont think it was that. sounds more like an OBE. Something he can read up on if he decides too.

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

Interesting thread this, I've had points of light that range between electric blue and indigo/purple for some time now, appearing as I get on with my daily life. Sometime's they are frequent and appear several times a day and then tail off for a while. I would not have thought of mentioning it here had it not been for this thread. What does it mean?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Mare For This Post:

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Nyce555's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by hexenomega (here)
    yes,
    something similar happened to me for a few years, but it was like faces coming toward me, different faces, really odd, but then i was always amazed that when i go to sleep, and close my eyes i always took notice in whether the darkness looked close or infinite, sorry cant explain more, but i've never understood it.
    regards hexen
    This happens to me all of the time!!! I close my eyes and see faces or figures. the faces are always staring at me and they are random people I've never seen. Mostly older bearded looking men, but their eye sockets are always black. And tier faces are just an outline in black and gold/mustardy color. Very few times did I see them in color. It doesn't matter the time of day or if I am about to go to sleep. Sometimes it happens in the shower when I am closing my eyes to wash my hair. It kind of freaks me out, but then I am curious to know who or what it is.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyce555 For This Post:

31. Link to Post #17
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

yep,
    one thing i noticed that when the faces got so close they would go left or right, like going around me, and a lot were oriental.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to hexenomega For This Post:

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Hey bilko,
    So many fascinating things are happening right now to many people. I hope you're not bothered by your experience. IMO, it's part of our awakening process. As a race we've been asleep for a long time, so it's only natural to be concerned about something that's out of the ordinary for you.
    I had a few things happen to me only in the last 6 months or so, that are way cool! I hope you don't mind my sharing them......
    They all happened during meditation. Once, I heard a real LOUD ringing in the center of my head that lasted about 10 seconds; which I understand is the pineal gland ringing. Another time, I had such a LOUD pop in the center of my head that made me open my eyes in shock. That I can't explain....During another meditation, after seeing all kinds of colors and swirls (while my eyes were closed), the brightest yellow light blinded me! It was like it surrounded my whole body.
    In a class I took years ago, I learned that when you have your eyes closed and see white images moving about, it's spirit that you're seeing....It could be this in your case.
    Maia

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

35. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

It could possibly resemble something that you've seen throughout the day. It could possibly be you waking up a dream where it seems like you're surrounded in darkness but you see a bright light at the end of the hallway and when you get closer it gets extremely bright. I've never really had this happen to me personally. I have had other things happen and that would be noises (usually a bell ringing in my head) when I have my eyes closed and when I open them the sound is gone.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to shiniren For This Post:

37. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Mostly when I have attempted to meditate I see an eye looking back at and it freaks me out. What could that be?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

cheez_2806 (12th June 2011), Darla Ken Pearce (2nd June 2011), hexenomega (11th June 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast