Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Movie... preparation...

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,625 times in 516 posts

Default Re: New Movie... preparation...

I watched it. Great Flick.

Alot of positive things about this film. let you be the judge.

My favorite parts was the ode to Close encounters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to firstlook For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

3. Link to Post #22
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

I watched Paul yesterday and laughed myself silly, though its use of four-letter words seems a bit overdone, even for a movie like this (not that I'm a prude). Maybe this was designed to appeal to sell to pimply adolescents. I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead so I don't know whether audiences expect Pegg and Frost to be as foul-mouthed in all of them. Choose your audience before going to see this one.

As others say, this nerdy comedy which reminds me a little of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) is a homage to previous sci-fi films, even better as there are cameo appearances by Sigourney Weaver and Steven Spielberg.

I came across an interesting video interview of Pegg and Frost in which they reminisce about the making of Paul, revealing how Spielberg became involved and also how Universal obliged them to change the script to increase its appeal before they would agree to funding.

I also agree that Paul appears to be one more step in the clumsy, backdoor approach the American government seems to be taking towards disclosure. One thing that struck me about it is that in it the idea of live Greys walking around seems to be much more acceptable now than in previous years. If only they were all as benign as him.
    Last edited by str8thinker; 19th April 2011 at 08:25.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

heck, if they were all like Paul, we'd have it made. wouldn't we? something tells me that there may be some like this, but others that are deviant. when i look back at the alien movies that have been released in the last 30 years, the majority of them show the alien creature as "malevolent" and down right frightening. it's refreshing too see that not everything has to be doom and gloom.
    regards, corson

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

firstlook (19th April 2011)

7. Link to Post #24
    Greece Avalon Member the_flyingboy's Avatar
    Thanks

i saw that movie its pretty cool i think its 2 things 1) a small disclosure with a bit of lie in it. 2) something that would make it more ridiculed so people can just laugh with the idea..But anyways it was a good movie yous shouls see it to
    p.s i would love to have a friend like Paul his is cool..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the_flyingboy For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

9. Link to Post #25
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Quote when i look back at the alien movies that have been released in the last 30 years, the majority of them show the alien creature as "malevolent" and down right frightening.
    Good point, corson. As superficial and misinformed as Paul seems to our wiser eyes, the movie is still light years ahead of those really crude alien scare movies of the 50s, now returning in the shape of Independence Day, Battle: Los Angeles and Mars Attacks!. Whatever puts bums on seats, I guess. At least with the oldies you could put your arm around your girlfriend in the theater and protect her from the alien menace, whereas now you might have a difficult job convincing her to go and watch Paul, and even more difficulty getting her to recommend it to her girlfriends after she'd seen it.
    Last edited by str8thinker; 19th April 2011 at 12:22.
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. BELIEVE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. COnduit CLOSING.
    - Crabwood crop circle, 2002.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to str8thinker For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

11. Link to Post #26
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 times in 668 posts

I saw Battle: Los Angeles yesterday. I thought it was a great recruit film for us army. It's all about war and nothing else, only this time the terrorists or communists have been replaced with aliens.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

here's a great link to the film for free, for those who still haven't seen Paul..N
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/PY3NUAWMSISWWO#

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

crosby (21st April 2011)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

bagels and coffee......ooh marmite...... love that scene...... the one where he does the predator thing is great too. i really just enjoyed seeing something that offered up a little more levity than what we're used too. it made me laugh, and that's always a good thing.
    regards, corson

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

firstlook (21st May 2011), Nasu (21st April 2011)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Hello all

Bringing this thread back up again due to me wanting to share a new hollywood big budget zombie movie being made in the UK http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Its called Worldwar Z (not sure if some of you know the books) and will star Brad Pitt. Hearing rumors of the budget being £300 million plus which is massive for a zombie flick
    Got a few friends working on it at the moment and was told that one of the scenes involves Brad being chased by 5000 zombies though Canary Wharfe which is Londons main finance district
    But due to London not used to filming on this scale they were having trouble making it happen, Too much red tape etc.

So its looking like Hollywood are going to continue feeding the public these type of movies for a long while yet and on a much bigger scale

Anyway i will keep the forum updated on any more snippets i pick up on this movie and any others i hear about.

John

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarlic For This Post:

crosby (19th May 2011)

19. Link to Post #30
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

i know this is a different movie but .. can you tell me what you see here? All i see is a huge alien invasion ... this wasnt even on the transformers story... another coincidence?

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

During the last week in the UK, there have been two full length movie-style documentaries specifically concerning alien invasion, on Discovery and National Geographic channels. I found this clip particularly interesting in terms of policy. I once met Mazlan Othman at The Royal Society in London and asked her quite directly if she thought we would have made contact within our lifetime. Her reply was politely ambiguous. I overheard one or two conversations with people I perhaps would not have expected to be in attendance at The Royal Society, and found this and the company Logica worthy of further research..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jasontorque For This Post:

Ontarioguy (23rd May 2011)

22. Link to Post #32
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Quote Posted by jasontorque (here)
    During the last week in the UK, there have been two full length movie-style documentaries specifically concerning alien invasion, on Discovery and National Geographic channels. I found this clip particularly interesting in terms of policy. I once met Mazlan Othman at The Royal Society in London and asked her quite directly if she thought we would have made contact within our lifetime. Her reply was politely ambiguous. I overheard one or two conversations with people I perhaps would not have expected to be in attendance at The Royal Society, and found this and the company Logica worthy of further research..
    You see how helpless we will be? If you see the 3 small videos all they say we are dead - we are dead ... helpless. NOTHING we can do will work... omg is that preparing us for a imminent defeat???

Not to say that "experts" tell their opinions about ET technology that is so far beond ours (they traveled the stars) but then these "experts" know that the ET fighters can pop up evading the missiles o.O lol. is there a link for the hole show?

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Notice how in the Fake alien invasion videos from the NGC documentary they are all robotic, they will probly use robotic E.T in the false flag E.T invasion, also linking the new transformers movie into this adding more conditioning toward a robotic A I type enemy

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,405 times in 1,148 posts

Quote Posted by Kindred (here)
    http://paul.the-movie-trailer.com/

Well, here it is... another item in the preparation for disclosure... I won't put any spin on it, as it speaks for itself.

Peace
    For All...
    I saw the whole movie a few days ago. It was silly, light-hearted fun with a lot of references to topics often discussed in this forum, including specific comments about desensitisation in preparation for disclosure. It seemed as though the script was written by or for Avalonians. I enjoyed it but I'm just a big kid with a wacky sense of humour.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cjay For This Post:

crosby (23rd May 2011)

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by ponda (here)
    I would describe the influx of ET,UFO and Sci-Fi television shows and movies as a trend in the global consciousness.It all seems to be happening as we approach 2012/13.Is this just a coincidence ? Well we won't have to wait very long to find out.

Looks like a fun movie Kindred.

cheers
    and yet.. we see "invasion themed" tv-shows like "the Event" and "V" and others being cancelled due to a lack of viewers... my guess is that we are getting over saturated with it... starting to loose interest... or are we ready to move on to other "scenario's" perhaps?
    i wouldn't mind going on a road trip with "Paul" myself though, he's funny!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2