+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Movie on being AWARE of where Our FOOD comes from

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Shelltower's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Movie on being AWARE of where Our FOOD comes from

http://www.earthlings.com/

THe Movie entitled "Earthlings" is very importnat to see...
    its VERY hard to watch and you will feel angry but its important to
    know what we are all buying into when you drive up to McDonalds
    and purchase things at the store.
    For those of you Meat eaters, find an organic farmer and support him and buy his meat
    ...just know where you food comes from......and what you are supoorting with your dollar~~

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Shelltower For This Post:

Abhaya (5th March 2011), albativo (22nd February 2012), Ariel (20th February 2012), Arrowwind (20th February 2012), Belle (5th April 2011), bodhii71 (5th April 2011), Calz (21st February 2012), crosby (5th April 2011), David Hughes (21st February 2012), delaware (5th March 2011), Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012), Isthatso (5th April 2011), karelia (5th April 2011), LifeAngel (20th February 2012), Nervana (5th April 2011), Ramdass528 (5th March 2011), Russ1959 (20th February 2012), sister (9th March 2011), sunflower (6th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Default Re: Movie on being AWARE of where Our FOOD comes from

Quote Posted by Shelltower (here)
    http://www.earthlings.com/

THe Movie entitled "Earthlings" is very importnat to see...
    its VERY hard to watch and you will feel angry but its important to
    know what we are all buying into when you drive up to McDonalds
    and purchase things at the store.
    For those of you Meat eaters, find an organic farmer and support him and buy his meat
    ...just know where you food comes from......and what you are supoorting with your dollar~~

I couldn't agree more. This movie is so important for everyone to see. You really dont realize what you are paying for and supporting when you buy these things off the supermarket shelf. You need to see what these corperations with help from the Gov are hiding from you!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abhaya For This Post:

bodhii71 (5th April 2011), Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Shelltower (7th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Jesus H Christ... I could barely make it through the trailer. Not sure if I can stomach the whole thing. Talk about shock value. Looks like an animal 'snuff' film.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonathon For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Shelltower (7th March 2011), sister (9th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 times in 902 posts

The difference between the suffering during a natural death or, in nature, when an animal imposes onto another for food, and that of the suffering imposed by human beings - in nature and animals imposing the suffering there is no alternative or choice based on limits - while human beings do have alternatives and choices as there are fewer limits

The ultimate difference with any death without alternatives or choices for suffering is, the compassion and understanding in which 'nature' embraces, meaning the solitude of one's passing in the final moments of thought.

In nature, Natural Law imposes that all things have the right to life; which includes peace, well-being and the respect for others. This is something humankind has bastardized and forgotten; and replaced this 'true law of existence' with self-serving nonsense, which is why civilization is the way it is today.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to king anthony For This Post:

Belle (5th April 2011), DoubleHelix (21st February 2012), Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012), karelia (5th April 2011), Shelltower (7th March 2011), sister (9th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Hybrid5226's Avatar
    Thanks

Meat Glue

Watch attachment first .

You may have heard of meat glues and already know quite a bit about them, so the following will not be of much interest.

However, before I saw the below video, I did not realize how extensive its use was in our foods. Mock crab meat, chicken nuggets and fish balls are mainstream uses, but I didn't think they were also playing around with our steaks. I'm thinking now that those frozen bacon-wrapped filet mignons that seemed like such a good buy may not be. steaks and roasts safe; now I'm not so sure that's always the case...

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/art...umer/meat-glue

Last edited by Hybrid5226; 2nd April 2011 at 03:21.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hybrid5226 For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,544 times in 2,615 posts

Quote Posted by king anthony (here)
    In nature
    Natural Law imposes that all things have the right to life; which includes peace, well-being and the respect for others. This is something humankind has bastardized and forgotten; and replaced this 'true law of existence' with self-serving nonsense, which is why civilization is the way it
    today.

Though my studies in Native American shamanism I learned that no one has the right to life. It is not a right it is a gift and that gift can be taken away at any moment.

There is a cycle we all will succumb to either with honor and grace as humans, or just succomb to if animal or plant. It is enivitable and cannot be avoided. In Natural Law the only guarantees does not include the right to life, but to enivitable death. The Constitution of the United States is the only law that guarantees the right to life.. (that I am aware of at least, there may be others) In other words the right to life is a man made concept.

Natural or Universal Laws

Death gives life
    Life gives rebirth
    Rebirth gives movement
    Movement gives change
    Change gives chaos
    Chaos gives death
    Last edited by Arrowwind; 5th April 2011 at 00:10.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrowwind For This Post:

Ariel (20th February 2012), Turcurulin (20th February 2012)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thanks Shelltower - I wasn't aware of this film. It's so important to get this info out there.

Warm wishes...

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,649 times in 786 posts

Quote Posted by Jonathon (here)
    Jesus H Christ... I could barely make it through the trailer. Not sure if I can stomach the whole thing. Talk about shock value. Looks like an animal 'snuff' film.
    I too could not make it through the trailer, such atrocities... My heart aches...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to benevolentcrow For This Post:

16. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

We humans are too easily convinced or brainwashed into believing horrible deeds are ok or necessary and for our benefit.
    I hope that someday soon we will demand a way of being educated and not blinded to what should be obvious regarding all life.
    We need Tibetan Buddhas ways to be taught.
    But most of all we need to take the controllers and greed mongers out of power.
    And speak out against all kinds of cruelty to animals---all kinds.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Asante Sana (5th April 2011), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member bodhii71's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 times in 230 posts

I forcibly sat and watched this film. I'm not sure I can continue eating flesh, and if I do, not with a clear conscious.

What's more, it seems that most on this thread cannot even make it through the trailer and yet think they should be free of TPTB. No judgement, But we are no different. We are destroying the world, it isn't just a handful of 'power mongers'.
    I may not be making friends here, and forgive me for saying, but we are TPTB in regards to the way these animals are treated.
    I myself, as a human being, seeking spiritual enlightenment, to do no harm, must truly look at my impact on the world. Eating constitutes a big part of it.
    If something suffers an entire lifetime into eventual slaughter just so I can eat a burger, and I'm entirely aware,or ignorant by choice of this and remain heartless about it, how do I deserve mercy?
    Just my take on it. I have much to consider.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bodhii71 For This Post:

Asante Sana (5th April 2011), Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ariel's Avatar
    Thanks

Death gives life
    Life gives rebirth
    Rebirth gives movement
    Movement gives change
    Change gives chaos
    Chaos gives death[/QUOTE]

Love this!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariel For This Post:

Turcurulin (20th February 2012)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Ariel's Avatar
    Thanks

I couldn't agree more about this.
    There are a couple more documentaries you might find equally interesting to check out if you like.
    Food inc is sort of the same as Earthlings because its about organic farms vs the farms that feed their livestock hormones.

1: Fat, sick and nearly dead
    2: The beautiful truth
    3: Food inc

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariel For This Post:

24. Link to Post #13
    Borden

Quote Posted by bodhii71 (here)
    I forcibly sat and watched this film. I'm not sure I can continue eating flesh, and if I do, not with a clear conscious.

What's more, it seems that most on this thread cannot even make it through the trailer and yet think they should be free of TPTB. No judgement, But we are no different. We are destroying the world, it isn't just a handful of 'power mongers'.
    I may not be making friends here, and forgive me for saying, but we are TPTB in regards to the way these animals are treated.
    I myself, as a human being, seeking spiritual enlightenment, to do no harm, must truly look at my impact on the world. Eating constitutes a big part of it.
    If something suffers an entire lifetime into eventual slaughter just so I can eat a burger, and I'm entirely aware,or ignorant by choice of this and remain heartless about it, how do I deserve mercy?
    Just my take on it. I have much to consider.
    I completely agree with what you said, and who cares about making friends if those friends are the sort of people who have no mercy? To the animal world at large, the human race must look at LEAST as demonic and horrific as even the worst versions of 'TPTB' that we all hear about look to us.

I didn't watch the film either, but only because I've seen many similar films, and I consider myself fairly well educated on this subject already. I've been there many times, and I can do without becoming enraged and upset all over again this afternoon. I think it's highly likely that some other posters here who didn't watch feel the same.

To anyone who hasn't looked into where their animal food and other 'products' actually come from, please educate yourself. This is a strange, complicated world we live in, and it's possible to just do what others do, and to not really question certain things. I understand that. But THIS is something worth questioning and deciding for yourself about.

Borden.
    Last edited by Borden; 20th February 2012 at 17:49.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Borden For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012), Turcurulin (20th February 2012)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Oh my god the truth hurts!

What a shocking reminder as to how oblivious we are to how our food is sourced.

I recently started a new raw food diet and have been really missing meat.

I think after watching that I will have no problem sticking to greens and fruit.

Thank you Shelltower for a very sharp wake up call.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russ1959 For This Post:

Fundy Gemini (20th February 2012), Holly Lindin (20th February 2012)

28. Link to Post #15
    Sweden Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,114 times in 1,725 posts

Earthlings on UT. Horror, wot horror.

Jorr

29. The Following User Says Thank You to jorr lundstrom For This Post:

CdnSirian (24th February 2012)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

This was the documentary that had the most influence on my decision to stop eating meat.
    Last edited by David Hughes; 8th August 2018 at 08:33.

+ Reply to Thread