+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Key"

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 times in 339 posts

Default "The Key"

Has anyone else on here read this rare book by Witley Streiber? I pick it back up from time to time in order to re-read it and and simply can't put it down.

I've not had much chance to discuss it with others since I almost never meet anyone else who has read it. It was a very limited original printing.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”
    ~Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Default Re: "The Key"

It looks fascinating, Hiram. I've read "Communion" and liked that. I used to hear Whitley on Art Bell's show for a few years and I always enjoyed his perspectives.

It looks like "The Key" will be back in stock next month on his website: http://www.unknowncountry.com/
    I'll have to get a copy. Thanks for mentioning the book!

Nancy

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Yes, actually Whitley has a weekly internet show on UnknownCounty, called "Dreamland". he has some interesting guests.

I highly recommend The Key. A true life recounting of his experiences with what Whitley Theorizes might have been an ascended master. The man came knocking at his hotel room door in the middle of the night during a book tour.

This strange man's revelations will blow you away. A whole new take on spirituality.
    “Someday after mastering winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire.”

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 times in 322 posts

double post
    Last edited by sunflower; 2nd May 2010 at 03:39.

5. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I have read "The Key" a couple of times. Like you, Hiram, I was fascinated by the information contained in this book. It opened my mind to a darker perspective on reality and what this world is really about. I skimmed a few pages again before replying to your post and realized that I should reread it again carefully. I am sure to "get" even more out of it now especially since I have gone on to acquire more information from other sources...

Whitley is a gifted writer who goes to great lengths to prove to himself that this was not a dream. The actual identity of the visitor remains a mystery. In a few instances the visitor uses the first tense, e.g. " If you (meaning Whitley and us) passively let them confine the wealth and keep the secrets, I (visitor) will overturn your world yet again." (p.47) The visitor's responses to Whitley's questions are terse, succinct and full of meaning. Each answer demands more reflection on our part.

Personal responsibility is the key for me. No pointing of fingers at the bad guys. They are there for a reason.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Im looking for a ebook copy if I find one Ill share it,
    Real Truth Lights the way in the Darkest of hours

Enlightenment101

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

If you live in the Montreal area I'd lend you my copy.

8. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks Sunflower,

Your thoughts about the book are much appreciated. I have bought multiple copies of this book for my family--and they all love it. I couldn't agree with you more. What I found fascinating was that this was really a whole "new" approach to spirituality. You can not decide whether the Master is "Good" or "Evil" by reading the text....and the Master even makes fun of Whitley at one point for even suggesting either or. I personally don't even evaluate things in that polarity anymore.

Just fascinating. I agree each answer the Master gives needs to be evaluated in its own right. The statements are direct and powerful. They do not lapse into sentimentalism, yet there is sorrow in the words he uses. "All are responsible for All". Brilliant. It doesn't absolve any-one...and it doesn't accuse any-one.

The most profound statement I took from the book....and there are MANY profound statements in the book...is when Whitley asks why there is a Universe at all?

The Master simply says: Being Serves Joy.

I have always, always known that. Since I was a little child. I had just forgotten it. I think of that whenever I hear a bird sing, or when I move a snail off the sidewalk so it doesn't get stepped on. Being Serves Joy.

Then again, there is a darker side to the messenger as well. Perhaps thats perfectly apt, as there is a darker side to us all. There is a threat if we don't change our ways.

I have to say after reading the book multiple times, I believe the "being" Whitley was talking to that night in Toronto, was in some way a Chimera of aspects of Whitley's personality and belief-system. Somehow, it was another being, taking the painful aspects of what Whitley was, and shining those things back into his soul.

I think that classically, the word that has been used for these sort of beings is "Angel"

Boy, there is alot of hesitance in saying something like that.

In saying that, I think if that same being was to visit you or I sunflower, the message he would bring would have been similar, yet tailored to our mind...to our psyche...and using the images and archetypes which we find most compelling.

With that being said though, I think that being meant for this to have been put into a book, and passed to a larger audience. Most of what the Master says, has had some scientific basis which has been discovered since then.

High strangeness!

9. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Being serves joy. Gotta remember that. I had forgotten.

I am printing your post, Hiram, and clipping them to my copy of The Key which I am now rereading for the third time. Many thanks for beginning this thread.

+ Reply to Thread