+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A global 'flash mob experience' to send a clear message to humanity

1. Link to Post #61
    Thanks

Default Re: A global 'flash mob experience' to send a clear message to humanity

every flash-mob vid I have seen seems to be full, totally full of joy; both those watching and the participants. I love the vibe, nothing can stop that vibe. Nothing.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gajanana For This Post:

Amenjo (9th March 2011), Donna O (9th March 2011), Fructedor (9th March 2011), gigha (9th March 2011), Inanna (14th March 2011), meeradas (9th March 2011), mondaze (9th March 2011), Sierra (9th March 2011)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 times in 450 posts

xxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by sleepy; 6th October 2013 at 13:02.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sleepy For This Post:

Inanna (14th March 2011), mondaze (9th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011)

5. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,407 times in 5,423 posts

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    Great idea. Much as i love the examples here:
    Imho, the additional thing in your flashmob should be sparking the participation of the "normal people", the 'audience' in the event.

That might be the most difficult thing to accomplish; anything too elaborate is bound to fail in this regard.
    I could have not imagined that i myself would spontaneously take part in (and be part of) something, until i experienced the "bell OM":

This was a group of people starting to sing the word OM, everyone as long and loud as they could, all starting off on their individual note, chiming in at a time of their liking.

It was an experience beyond words; the whole was harmonizing itself in a very short period of time - i couldn't believe the sheer beauty of it (there were people in the group who were off-key completely on an individual level, but still their contribution added to the overall harmony - that was an amazing lesson in itself).

Once one is in it, you do not want it to stop. Trying out different notes yourself as you go, responding to and/ or [literally!] resonating with what you hear at any given moment, you are taking the whole to a different level - the whole thing vibrates!

<snip>

I have not experienced sth better (more 'celestial', and healing) ever on this planet. I felt completely at home in it (and that was the best, as i do not feel at home here at all, normally).

<snip>

Even if it's not the choice here, i had the urge to convey it.

Peace!
    Meeradas, what a brilliant idea to merge the OM with a flash mob. I have experienced the group OM, back in the 70s in SF with the Gentle Brothers and Sisters, a psychic healing group.

Yes, it does lift the rafters of one's being doesn't it

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Inanna (14th March 2011), meeradas (9th March 2011), mondaze (9th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #64
    France Avalon Member
    Thanks

re.Meeradas - I also have participated in group chants like that - I worked with a choir at one time, and used to get them to do that - I agree that although individually, some voices seemed 'out of tune', the overall vibration was in itself perfect. Vibration is indeed the word. Free vocal improvisations can also lead to that incredible expression of oneness, and also liberate the shyer participants. I've often worked in numbers of 40 or 50 where we simply expressed a chord - starting with the male voices to express the root note, and then letting the harmonics take over. Basically thirds, fifths and so on up. The more the merrier.

Another good one is have everyone claim their name, either individually, in an improvised way, rhythmically or not, or all together. It leads to sometimes quite startling boosts in confidence - speak thy name. A lot of fun can be had with rhythms too - finger pops, handclaps, body-slapping etc.

I also agree with sllim11, that it if you want to work with a song, it would be a good idea to use a popular song, so that everyone can identify quickly. I'd vote against a slower song, though, because in large numbers these can get pretty muddy - better something up-beat - and also use movement. I also loved the use of colour in one of those YouTube clips - I think it was Antwerp.

This whole idea is absolutely enchanting.

Best wishes

Fructedor

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fructedor For This Post:

Amenjo (9th March 2011), gigha (10th March 2011), Inanna (14th March 2011), meeradas (9th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011), sllim11 (18th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sierra (here)
    Yi Yi Yi what an idea! Can we have a rap section come into the action for those of us who can't sing (in tune) but want to be a part of the party?

What is the theme Innana? I like the idea of doing a little kid's song ... is there a little kid's song that is known internationally? Do they do Itsy-Bitsy Spider in Belgium? A Lord of the Rings drinking song?

Giggle ...
    No theme just yet, except for the 'clear message to humanity' part... Ideas and suggestions are very welcome :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

Sierra (15th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #66
    Thanks

So, I hear different ideas. I like them all... too much to choose from, haha...

- writing a song with a 'clear message to humanity' in the lyrics
    - using a familiar song (everyone knows) just to spread the vibe throughout the entire world
    - forming OM-groups and chant-groups
    - ... ?

If I start small, locally perhaps, then a familiar song with just a dance choreography could work.
    The OM- and chant-groups are a different kind of thing. It would be the first time as a flash mob, I think, but you probably mean something more behind closed doors? Not every man/woman on the street can relate to chants or meditation sounds.
    I still prefer the 'writing a song'-idea, but that takes a lot of effort and organizing.

We first have to define 'the message'... Maybe a new thread for that would be appropriate?
    Once the message is defined, one can start to write lyrics and music. I will need a LOT of help with that, because I'm not a songwriter...
    Last edited by Inanna; 14th March 2011 at 15:49. Reason: some additions

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

delaware (14th March 2011), Donna O (14th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011), Sierra (15th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

I love that idea and hope we can make it a reality some day somehow

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delaware For This Post:

Inanna (15th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

Quote Posted by delaware (here)
    I love that idea and hope we can make it a reality some day somehow
    I hope so too...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

sandy (16th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Great idea Innana!

The thought of a global message to bring forth awareness excites me a lot! Count me in!
    Maybe a common global theme like anti war or better pro-peace could be the thrust of the message

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lancelot For This Post:

Inanna (15th March 2011), mondaze (16th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011)

19. Link to Post #70
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 times in 304 posts

just bumping this so it doesnt get lost in all the hullabaloo. just to say innana i'm working on a way to make this happen. I see this as possibly a bob geldof type operation in which we can do good on more than one level. as soon as i have a firm way to proceed, i will post more. dont mean to be enigmatic, just cautiously optimistic. namaste to all!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

Amenjo (17th March 2011), Inanna (16th March 2011), sandy (16th March 2011), Sierra (18th March 2011), sllim11 (18th March 2011)

21. Link to Post #71
    Thanks

Hi guys,

I started to set this idea into motion.

I contacted my brother who is working in the movie industry to talk about the concept. He's willing to find the right people for directing and filming the Flash Mob that will be organized somewhere in Belgium in the (hopefully near) future.

I will contact a friend of mine who has a professional studio to write a song with a strong message of 'love and light' (a bit like Katrina & The Waves' "Love Shine A Light" meets John Lennon's "Imagine" meets Black Eyed Peas' "Where Is The Love").
    We will record that song in his studio with a few singers of my teaching practice (I'm a vocal coach), so they will have a great studio experience (for everyone of them that will be the very first time recording in a professional studio). Of course, they don't know it yet, hihi...
    One of my clients is a female rapper/mc, I already contacted her because it would be a very cool concept to have her performing in the song.

We'll use that song for organizing the Flash Mob with dancers (going to contact a choreographer, since a lot of my clients do also dance) and singers. I also have a contact person who is working in the P.A. sound engineering business, so hopefully we will be able to do some of the parts 'live' (live singing, onto a instrumental backing track for example).

Recording the Flash Mob on film, so that we can make a composition to post on YouTube and spread the message.

The only problem is that I don't have any budget, so I'm trying to work with as many volunteers as I can get. Everything else will be payed with donations, gifts from friends, clients, family, and maybe some sponsoring from local companies.

It would be fantastic if some of you guys could copy the concept and organize it in your country. If I can do it, you surely can :-)

It would be great if this spread like a 'disease'
    Maybe, if several organisations can put it together, we can try to manage a global Flash Mob experience simultaneously at the same time at different location

So, that's it for now. I will keep you updated!

Grtz,
    Inanna

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

Amenjo (17th March 2011), mondaze (18th March 2011), Sierra (18th March 2011), sllim11 (18th March 2011)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mondaze (here)
    just bumping this so it doesnt get lost in all the hullabaloo. just to say innana i'm working on a way to make this happen. I see this as possibly a bob geldof type operation in which we can do good on more than one level. as soon as i have a firm way to proceed, i will post more. dont mean to be enigmatic, just cautiously optimistic. namaste to all!
    That's really great, Mondaze. Please, keep me informed :-)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

mondaze (18th March 2011)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

The songwriter I will be working with writes beautiful music.

For example: a few years ago he wrote a song for the 'make a wish'-foundation: a 15 year old girl with terminal cancer had the dream to sing a song, record it and perform.
    Rudolf wrote this song for her and recorded it with her. They even made a video clip:

She performed her song once on television and after that, she died.

It's a beautiful song with a beautiful message. I'll ask him to write a resembling song with an even more powerful message

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

mondaze (18th March 2011)

27. Link to Post #74
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Inanna and all, I love the song! Something like that would be perfect. My message to the world would be to stop the wars. xxx

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Donna O For This Post:

Inanna (17th March 2011)

29. Link to Post #75
    Thanks

http://improveverywhere.com/2003/03/22/the-moebius/

i found this, well my better half did, and although i know its not strictly what we are looking to do... i liked the idea, if we could create like a chain event moving around the globe in sequence it would be an unbelievably uplifting experience for the planet. i know it is going to be a difficult conception to pull off. i love the ideas you posted inanna. if you could get a piece of music together that could be downloaded by other groups and set up a basic dance routine... we could just make the thing go viral as a concept and then organise from what we get back. Im not fully conversant with modern social networks as used amongst younger people, but i'm learning! i'm trying to find out legal implications but they will be different in each country...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

gigha (17th March 2011), Inanna (18th March 2011)

31. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

i know this is a really cheesy old coke commercial but it kinda says what i think needs saying. a simple message: love the planet! world love. Most of the great prophets spoke in these terms not in any dualistic good/bad left/right paradigm... but a simple message to love all. or as john lennon said: all you need is love. inanna i have thought long and hard about the issue of costs, i know that it would be relatively easy to get funding from sponsors or local government if you pitched it in the right way, and gave the idea tie-ins with present catastrophic events, but i'm not sure i want to go down that route. the purer the message and methodology the better the effect in a zen kind of way. i will endeavour to create without funding at the moment.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

Inanna (18th March 2011), sllim11 (18th March 2011)

33. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,407 times in 5,423 posts

Quote Posted by mondaze (here)
    What does to bump mean??? Sorry about the off topic but its been bugging me...

34. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,869 times in 1,309 posts

Lightbulb Re: A global 'flash mob experience' to send a clear message to humanity

Quote Posted by Inanna (here)
    Hi guys,

I started to set this idea into motion.

I contacted my brother who is working in the movie industry to talk about the concept. He's willing to find the right people for directing and filming the Flash Mob that will be organized somewhere in Belgium in the (hopefully near) future.

I will contact a friend of mine who has a professional studio to write a song with a strong message of 'love and light' (a bit like Katrina & The Waves' "Love Shine A Light" meets John Lennon's "Imagine" meets Black Eyed Peas' "Where Is The Love").
    We will record that song in his studio with a few singers of my teaching practice (I'm a vocal coach), so they will have a great studio experience (for everyone of them that will be the very first time recording in a professional studio). Of course, they don't know it yet, hihi...
    One of my clients is a female rapper/mc, I already contacted her because it would be a very cool concept to have her performing in the song.

We'll use that song for organizing the Flash Mob with dancers (going to contact a choreographer, since a lot of my clients do also dance) and singers. I also have a contact person who is working in the P.A. sound engineering business, so hopefully we will be able to do some of the parts 'live' (live singing, onto a instrumental backing track for example).

Recording the Flash Mob on film, so that we can make a composition to post on YouTube and spread the message.

The only problem is that I don't have any budget, so I'm trying to work with as many volunteers as I can get. Everything else will be payed with donations, gifts from friends, clients, family, and maybe some sponsoring from local companies.

It would be fantastic if some of you guys could copy the concept and organize it in your country. If I can do it, you surely can :-)

It would be great if this spread like a 'disease'
    Maybe, if several organisations can put it together, we can try to manage a global Flash Mob experience simultaneously at the same time at different location

So, that's it for now. I will keep you updated!

Grtz,
    Inanna
    Dear Inanna, You GO girl, absolutely freaking fantastic effort and work so far!!! I Believe............................!!!!!(Canadian Olympic song-pun intended)
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

35. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Inanna (18th March 2011)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

bump= post on thread to keep it on first page in forum, so it isnt lost in the crowd.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to mondaze For This Post:

Sierra (18th March 2011)

38. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

I have a meeting with the songwriter/studio engineer on the 29th of March.
    Yay ^^

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inanna For This Post:

mondaze (18th March 2011), Sierra (18th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast