+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Hands Felt Just Like Two balloons

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

Default My Hands Felt Just Like Two balloons

Hi all, in another thread recently that got a little sidetracked, a line from Comfortably Numb was brought up that brought back an odd old memory of mine which I shared. In a P.M. the person who had mentioned the line in the song suggested that it may be worthy of a thread if others here have had a similar experience.

The line which I'm sure many of us know well is: "When I was a child I had a fever, and my hands felt just like two balloons".

I am curious, so here goes...

When I was about 6 years old, I remember crying to my mom, maybe more then once, that my body felt like it was blowing up like a balloon, hands, arms, legs, everything, and that if it didn't stop it felt like I was going to pop. Of course there was nothing she knew to do except comfort me until it went away.

Well, for many many years after I from time to time wondered just what in the hell that was all about as a little boy because it was a very odd memory. A very uncomfortable memory. Then one day somewhat recently the thought just popped into my head of the possibility that what had occured was that sometimes it may be difficult for one's full and complete soul to squeeze into a tiny little human body.

So, has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers,
    Fred S.

2. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

Default Re: My Hands Felt Just Like Two balloons

Hi Fred S. Dunno about my soul in my body causing the swelling, but will be a fantastic excuse for my abdominal swell over the years.....
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

3. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 times in 304 posts

to be honest fred my soul is dragged behind me in 5th dimension.

4. Link to Post #4
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 times in 653 posts

My face swelled up like a balloon once, but I think it was some kind of poison ivy that I got into.

5. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member NancyV's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,067 times in 989 posts

Every time I came back into my body after travelling out of body it felt EXACTLY like being compressed and coming back into a little tiny prison. When you're sick the hold of your body on your soul can loosen somewhat, especially if you have a fever, and you can feel your true self expanding.

We feel so HUGE because we ARE huge, much much larger than our bodies and ultimately we are all that is. We feel like our souls are trapped within this body but with some work and focus one can find the way to get out of this prison. It only took me a couple of months of concentrated meditation to be able to travel out of body whenever I wanted to do so.

Nancy

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyV For This Post:

Fructedor (14th March 2011), giovonni (15th March 2011)

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 times in 407 posts

i had this experience when i was a child also.
    my parents explained it to me as growing pains.
    It happened again through my life but never after i reached about sixteen....so growing pains.

i have a couple of children and at the age of six one of my kids woke from sleep and described what i had felt....so i told him...growing pains.
    its like this...one day you occupy a certain space,your body,then , with the slightest change your body is now a larger space and you have to adjust...once you stop growing in that manner and are more comfortable with your existence you learn to adjust more quickly.
    you know when you hurt a limb and you adjust,well it takes a bit of learning before you just.....adjust automatically.

I have travelled out of my body,it took a good few years of meditation and concentration to do so.But I did it.
    I know how to fly.
    Now I am a parent I have lost the ability to leave my body and fly among the stars,so it goes.
    But I never once felt trapped in this physical frame,so its different for me.
    Just thought I would add my thoughts on this thread..no conflict intended.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

one more thing..my father called it ,'the heeby jeebies'.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the trojan For This Post:

Gardener (19th March 2011), giovonni (15th March 2011), NancyV (14th March 2011)

9. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member dddanieljjjamesss's Avatar
    Thanks

two balloons... hands are energy centers as well

my thoughts, though short

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dddanieljjjamesss For This Post:

Fructedor (14th March 2011), Gardener (19th March 2011), giovonni (15th March 2011)

11. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by dddanieljjjamesss (here)
    two balloons... hands are energy centers as well

my thoughts, though short
    I would love to chime in here. I have had many experiences regarding different energy body sensation in the palms of my hands. Just like dddanieljjjamesss mentioned above, the palms of your hands are considered to be primiary energy centers. In my personal experience, I would put them in the sam catagory as the traditional 7 chakras. I have had many OBEs and concluded a long time ago that navigation aroung the etheric while out of body had to do with the energy in the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet. They have not been considered by the ancient to be 'primary' energy centers, yet they thought of them more of energy input/output zones. Lots of thoughts on energy work and moving energy, regarding the many different sensations caused by the flow of vital energy through your palm centers. Too many to tell. (see my bio page)

My opinion. It was an OBE. One of the visualizations that I do when I am doing any trance work/practice, is to 'feel' my body blowing up like a balloon with each in breath. Takes practice, but i believe it is exactly what you are describing. Many trance states between waking, and sleeping. Jake...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Fred Steeves (14th March 2011), Gardener (19th March 2011), giovonni (15th March 2011)

13. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

These lines resonated with me also. i recall as a child of about 9 years old I also had a feverish illness-during this I hallucinated
    that my head/mouth area had turned into a huge cavern of blackness, then all these strange textured paisley objects swirled around-I now
    recognize these to be Fractal bodies-I experienced synaesthesia also, the Fractal paisley objects had a tangible texture to them-elemental.
    This memory has remained with me-somehow significant. I think many kids have such experiences, they are the first
    indication that 'reality' is not solid at all.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

giovonni (15th March 2011)

15. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

I used to imagine that I was immensely large. my hands were incredibly big. Very weird, uncomforatable sensation for a young child that cannot comprehend.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Gardener (19th March 2011)

17. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

have you tried helium?

18. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 239 posts

I am much in agreement. The sensation of being outside the confines of one's body does leave behind a slightly burdened feeling of physical "weightiness." One's hands could feel like balloons, or bricks!

With regard to the song, though, I feel Roger Waters was describing a "fever dream" he had as a child, in which he awoke to find his hands felt as large as "two balloons."

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Many times in my childhood i had the experience of my hands 'being' huge. Always i was in bed, semi-sleepy, next id look at my hands and they looked huge, and 'felt' huge too. I'd come full awake, get a bit freaked out, twist and turn, and think of something else.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiana For This Post:

Gardener (19th March 2011), giovonni (15th March 2011)

+ Reply to Thread